We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

My house is the best part of Middle Earth.

Some improvements would be great!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    /signed

It's just time for something.
    Exactly. I'm tired of using my house as a travel port and nothing else. For such a great game, housing in LotRO is a joke. Such relics as SWG and EQ2 do it so much better.

Signed!

Please remove the hangers. I'm tired of getting a new housing item only to be disappointed that I don't have the correct hanger to use it with.

make homesteds places like the 21st or Bree so there are a people there
    Freeps :LVL 95 Travorn R11 Hunter, Tragan R5 Guard, Moghra R6 Mini, Battman R6 Burg, Zathelionn R6 Cappy, Travii R5 Warden - Horizon

Creeps : Clintwestwood R9 BA, Tuggerbask R8 Warg, Wargasm R6 WL- The AAC/ Table Smashers

Didn't have time to read all the posts yet so maybe someone have already post this but...

What about Kinship Neighbourhoods?
    That should be a nice idea to me and some options shoul be:
    - If the Kin is a Dwarf Kin its neighborhood should be in Thorin's Hall, if Men in Bree's Homesteads and so on. If the Kin is mixed up they should have a new space avalaible for their neighborhood, with the option to choose the Kinship house style and then have a certain number of houses (standard and deluxe) with different styles so kinmates could have their own house near their friend's.
    - Give the option to install crafting tools inside the neighborhood or even in our own house (limited to the owner crafting abilities, we could then give use permissions to kinmates).
    - Really liked the "implementing house" ability mentioned by someone. If we are able to spend TPs to have more LIs slots or Wardrobe Slots why shouldn't we have additional rooms in our house?

Right now the utility of my house is just "trash vault", some minor decoration and (the most usefull thing (and this is really sad)) a travel to get in a place where my character can craft.

/signed
    [color=orange]Arthorius[/color] - Man - Captain - 65 - Historian
    [color=orange]Usmo[/color] - Hobbit - Burglar - 65 - Yeoman
    [color=orange]Docklim[/color] - Dwarf - Rune Keeper - 65
    [color=orange]Spero[/color] - Hobbit - Warden - 45

It's sad that we have to do this. There are so many things in this game which have been on the back burner for so long that they are starting to fester. Hobbies, housing, sliding around rather than running, mount glitches (ever dismount while jumping with a dwarf?), pointless bind to account items you can't share with your other characters, archaic mail system, nearly useless skirmish soldiers, companions that summon right on top of you, no major new features in how long? It makes me wonder what VIPs are actually paying for (I decided to go to premium until I can figure out whether I want to continue playing after 3 years). In most MMORPGs the developers use the money not only to maintain the game servers, but to improve the game. The lack of polish in a game this old is inexcusable and I just can't justify giving them my money anymore until they fix what is wrong rather than stacking new content on a pile of feces to cover up the smell.

As far as housing, I highly doubt anything we say here will reach anyone. The developers just don't consider it a priority, no matter how many people "sign" this "petition". Say what you want about WoW, but Blizzard would never let so many ridiculous issues exist in their game for so long, not that I have any desire to go back... it's just that after playing both games extensively, I realize how much more dedicated Blizzard is to making a quality product, and not just making money. This is what happens when greedy forces take something over, be it a video game, television series, etc. The passion disappears, concepts and ideals are abandoned, and the original minds are replaced by hirelings who sit in merely to fill their pockets who have no emotional attachment to the project whatsoever.

I guess this is why the game is free.
    Last edited by Littlemew; Jun 18 2011 at 01:20 AM.

/signed

would love to see some sort of trophy room introduced(possibly a basement), with trophy display cabinets where each trophy added would become a scaled model of the real thing, thus allowing all trophy's to be displayed together in a small space. Wouldn't really mind if the items became bound ounce placed as with this feature I could then concentrate on decorating my house with proper housing items. Turbine could then add a few new titles for collecting complete sets of certain items. You could also expand this with additional armour and weapon/any crafted item, again using scaled models to save on space requirements. This might then get people back into their housing especially if a few very rare items are needed to complete a set, thus making it a challenge to complete all the sets. Which in turn creates competition amongst the players and severs to be the first to complete said set.

I would love to see an expandable chest just to store housing items( cannot be used for non housing items). Being able to craft your own chest would be nice, as you can then change the whole décor of the room to match instead of having a chest in the middle of one wall which is at odds with everything else.

The ability to die any fabrics visible on furniture( my bedspread sucks, I would love to add a dash more colour to it).

Well its somewhere to start anyway

I agree with most of the suggestions, I would also love to be able to have different textures and/or colors on the OUTSIDE of the house.

I love that this thread has been going for 3 years now and they still have yet to do anything.

Well as I can't remember if I have signed this yet I will sign it now. or maybe you are allowed 1 signing per year :P

1. let people upgrade there houses. why do I have to take the deluxe house in the spot were you put it? Why can't I get a house on the hill where I want it and then upgrade down the road? why can't I upgrade my deluxe house to a Mansion? add a basement? More rooms?
    2. Kick the bums out. For god sake I am the only one in my entire neighborhood that is still paying his rent. in fact I bet you could cut the number of neighborhoods down by 75% if you kick all the people who did not pay there rent out. If you are worried about players coming back and being ticked that they lost their house set the limit to 75% the price of a new house. I know there is no way I would pay the upkeep cost if it was 75% or more of the cost of a new house. in that case I would just abandon the house, get all my stuff back, and go buy a new one. after all a new house comes with 2 free weeks of upkeep.
    3. Free form item Placement. Play the sims. they got it right.
    4. Buy a second lot - barring anything could we please be aloud to get a second house without having to start a free to play account. Heck I think I have 3 free to play accounts. I got a small house for one and put them all in an alt kin so that I could buy a personal kin house.
    5. Allow port usage but other toons - let us give permission to others the ability to port to our homes and use our mailboxes. we already have the permissions panel that we add people to why not add the permission to port to the house.

/singed
    [b]Melnordan[/b]-Warden,[b]Melainel[/b]-Hunter,[b]Mellarain[/b]-Loremaster,[b]Zoltrix[/b]-Guardian,[b]Xabbu[/b]-Minstrel,[b]Melraindor[/b]-Runekeeper
    Pie anyone?

/signed

I've recently stopped playing EQ2 in favour of playing LOTRO and the only thing I really miss is their housing system and it is what kept me playing and continuing to sub to the game long after I should have quit... (I also miss their book system too if I'm honest, they are readable house items which can be placed on any surface and they also have a system where players could write their own books to sell to other players but that's totally off topic here )

At the least, I would dearly love to see the hooks gone (to have the ability to place items anywhere) and the house item limit increased.

eldaeriel
    [URL="http://suzitastarshadow.wordpress.com/"][CENTER][I][SIZE="4"]StarShadow[/SIZE] [/I] ~my gaming blog[/CENTER][/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000017e0df/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

AW: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed !! Please !! Update the Housing System !!

AW: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed please update...

/signed

There are really good ideas about improving housing. Do not waste them!

You have to have the powers that be look at the ideas. But as of yet..I've seen not one repy from anyone with an official title. A total shame no doubt. They are losing a butt load of money by not making the housing more satisfying. I know that my wife and I would be in it for some cash if the housing were more robust. But as it stands, we dont even have a Kin house because its just a waste of money. This is a nice game, but could be so much better if they got their heads out of the money bags and looked around to see what those of us who pay thier paychecks are asking for.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b4a32/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Almost 3 years of waiting for the Housing system update...
    ... and counting
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000092d02/signature.png]Blifo[/charsig]

/signed

Been waiting for an upgrade since housing was released. By the way: Turbine, I'd give you even more money via the LOTRO Store for new housing items than I do now for cosmetics... which is saying something.

Just a few things that we have been asking for for the last 3 years:

1. Freeform Decorating.
    2. Upgradeability rather than replacement, preferably on a room by room basis. Possibly limited by the size of lot you buy? Such upgrades could be made available in the store and would be a huge income stream.
    3. Crafting area. Either in communal or, even better, as an upgrade for your house.
    4. More interactivity with decorations/objects. Can we please sit in our chairs?
    5. Allow resale. Either back to the “developer” or a much better idea would be to allow them to be put on the Auction House.
    6. Reclaim for resale, houses that have not had upkeep paid for a period of time.
    7. Allow anyone to use any mailbox. Not being able to use any mailbox is such a ridiculous restriction that whoever thought it up should have been fired on the spot for suggesting it.
    8. Make all housing items available in the store (Such an obvious money maker should have been there from the beginning).
    9. Remove bindings on decorations.
    10. Make the chests upgradable like vaults.

These are just the tip of a huge income iceberg. Why Turbine doesn’t take a closer look at this is beyond my comprehension. Expansions are all and good and necessary but they are one time sales. This kind of “after market” sales is the meat and potatoes of any successful business plan. Where are Turbines financial executives minds at?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

Too busy stepping over dollars to pick up pennies is my guess as to where they are. Oh and ignoring the forums. In all my years of playing on-line and its over 10. I have never witnessed a company ignore its forums like this one does.
    Last edited by Liezeil; Jul 10 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b4a32/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed!!!!!!!

wow, i seriously thought i was the only one who felt this strongly about the housing situation. I guess i'm glad to see i'm not alone.

One additional thing I think would be 'neat' to add to the housing system is a "closet". I, personally, love decorating, but not just my house, my toon as well, so i have a lot of outfits. Unfortunately, most of the outfits are bound to me, so i have to store them in my vault. it woudl be nice to have a place to store outfits whether or not they are bound to you. I mean, whats the harm in putting a bound item in a chest? i know NOTHING about coding, but couldn't it just be that if a different player goes to use the item, it woudlnt' work? Just like when you go to mail a bound item - you can place it in the letter, but then the letter wont send. I guess nothing of what i'm saying is nearly as important as the other suggestions made here, but I figured it's just another idea out there. for me, clothes/outfits belong in a home, LOL, so why not make a 'closet chest' for them? or a chest that allows bound items at the very least would be nice.

/signed

neighbourhoods are dead, we seriously need a revamp to get the housing system up to date!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000008d169/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

USA, where it's cold and wintery most of the year.

/signed

probably signed a year ago, but didn't feel like reading all the posts again. I barely use my houses, and the kinhouse has become food storage. I would LOVE to see any of the brilliant ideas posted in this thread used. And yes, I would spend TP instore for decorating; I can justify that vs. clothing cosmetics!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012ca8a/01004/signature.png]Moonpetal[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/user-994944/[/url]

21 thousand have viewed this thread and 270 have replied. those are not drop in the bucket numbers. I am curious as to just what that 21K is in percentage of subsribers and what percentage it takes to get anybody from turbines attention to this matter.

/signed hello turbine come on

/signed

Turbine promised an update to housing last Fall and still no word on when it will come.

/signed

Get this going please, I've been waiting a long time for this.
    Withywindle: Hargorin, 85 GRD; Tharwil, 53 CHMP and a whole lot more offspring

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast