We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

My hobbit hole has absolutely every hook filled and the yard and the house still look empty. Please add hooks or free item placement.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002846/01004/signature.png]Oleandra[/charsig]

/signed

I have 4 large furniture trophies - a brown bear, barghest, warg, and black bear...but I can only fit 3 inside my deluxe house?

/signed

Housing system needs some serious pie man.

Serious pie.

/signed by me

/Signed

Well? Have we gotten anyones attention yet?

I'd also like to add, if it hasnt been added befor. I'd like to see some weapon/shield,armor,and cloak racks.A place we can hang our memories.

/notsigned

How about some actual skills, traits etc when we level our characters first?

I really just want more places to put things... I'm having to take down items I really like from SoA to make room for items from MoM and i'm sure there will be more in mirkwood :/ Having to take them down means I have to store them in the bank and it's taking up a lot of bank space. Having extra storage for houses would be a nice addition but more than anything I want more places to put stuff. Also why does everything have to be restricted to certain types of hooks. Why cant you just put something on the wall no matter if its large or small.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000007081/01008/signature.png]Aliwen[/charsig]

[COLOR=#ffd700][B]R.I.P. Nidor[/B] of Brandywine (1970-2012)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ffffff]Valandra: 75 Minstrel, Alile: 46 Captain, Aliela: 61 Lore-Master
    Pew pewing on Brandywine since January 26, 2007![/COLOR]

/Signed

1) I would like to see at least a forge in the area where the vendors are in the neighborhood, sometimes im runing around getting ingredients i need for crafting and need to go so far out from the forge to my house and back...

2) I like the idea of more hooks and be able to put stuff anywhere, also weapons on the walls and SHIELDS on the walls,! why not? i got every shield i used since level 30, i would LOVE to show them on the walls.

3) make every house with a different layout, or at least a few houses with different layout, and of course MORE housing chest,

4) and to be able to store BoA stuff in it.

oh yeah I forgot about that! I have kept my full rift and watcher set. Those two alone take up a whole bank bag. Would be nice to be able to display them and free up all that space.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000007081/01008/signature.png]Aliwen[/charsig]

[COLOR=#ffd700][B]R.I.P. Nidor[/B] of Brandywine (1970-2012)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ffffff]Valandra: 75 Minstrel, Alile: 46 Captain, Aliela: 61 Lore-Master
    Pew pewing on Brandywine since January 26, 2007![/COLOR]

/signed

how about they do a month of houses and start working on it on jan 1st...that gives you 1 month after SoM comes out to get prepaired... I want to be able to use my house for more than just storing ****, i would love to craft there, and would love to see people acutally in the neighborhoods....there is a reason they are all ghost towns...b/c we cant do anything besides: port-store-port....its lame...I wouldnt mind paying upkeep so much if it was worth the money.

Hometown: Dale. Current: Raingully, The Shire.

/signed

- Ability to upgrade homes by increasing the size.
    - Double the amount of RestXP you get while offline if you log off while in your home.
    - More hooks! Or better yet, free placement.
    - Change the lawn just like you change the floor pattern & colour.
    - More NPCs/vendors in the homestead.

If a player doesn't log on for a certain amount of time, kick them out and transport all their stuff to an escrow and leave it there until they log back on (so no time limit in this case), and give them a voucher for a new home of equal size to the one they previously had.
    Last edited by Cammunition; Dec 10 2009 at 01:46 AM.

I didn't read every reply so some of this may have already been said.

- More storage, period. I don't care if it's through housing or just bigger bags. But we need more storage. A standard house should have 2 chests. A deluxe should have at least 3 chests and a kin house should have 5.

- The ability to upgrade to a deluxe house. I don't care if it does nothing to change the cost of getting a deluxe house. But I should be able to go to the housing vendor and purchase a deluxe house and my standard house simply becomes available for purchase and any chests I had in them should transfer to the new deluxe house. If it took some time for that transfer to happen I'd be cool with that.

- Standard houses should have at least one spot for every type and size decoration.

Plenty of good ideas here, I am sure there are more out there but I agree the housing system desperately needs more functionality and reason to exist as a community hub.

I wonder if there is little motivation to put much into housing since the lifetime accounts give Turbine little motivation to keep a player longer than 2 years. You've people in UO who continue to pay monthly fees long after they've quit just to keep the house. With lifetime accounts, the housing end game may not add up to more cash.

I'm only guessing at that.

I don't own a house yet (new player) but I'd like to toss out a couple of ideas that I think would be a great deal of fun.

1: I'd like to see housing communities have their own dugeons where only those who own houses in the area or are friended may explore the dungeon. Maybe make the dungeon a Diablo-style randomized dungeon. This would create a perk to participating in your own neighborhood.

2: I'd like to see full customizable housing (interior).

3: I'd like to see that a community could purchase street upgrades and community halls (town hall, bank, vendors, etc.) These would have maintenance fees in the form of raw materials which would keep player tradespeople busy.

4: A fully upgraded town should be able to create a portal to major cities in the world so community members could travel easily back and forth between the neighborhood and vast reaches of the world.

5: I get the idea that neighborhoods aren't that large. Add to population density get the population up to a 250 residents or so.

I agree the system does need some love. Personally I'd love to see all/some/any of the following added into the housing system:

1. Pets - I'm thinking pets could be self maintained or you'd actually have to maintain them yourself (like feeding them), failure to do so would mean you lose the pet. The pet could be named anything you want, and the names wouldn't be unique so if some persons pet is called "Harry" you could also name yours that. Example pets could be: dogs, cats, rabbits and turtles. They could all do different things, and also different depending on what type of housing area they are in. Like dogs could be seen chasing other peoples cats and barking at people who run across your garden, and cats could be seen rummaging through other peoples garbage or trying to catch fish in the lake.

2. No actual hooks - Personally I think all hooks should be done away with and instead a grid system should be introduced. Basically the grid system when in development mode of the house would make the garden, walls, floor and ceiling a checkboard and you could place items into these blocks wherever you want. You could then go into a fine tuning mode to slightly tweak item positions if you need the item to be just a few more pixels to the left/right or whatever.

3. Item names - I wish that housing item names were not on the same "floaty names" as everything else. This is because most players including myself use floaty names for the game, but when you get to your house you're greated with a wall of text as every item name fills your screen up. So maybe just remove housing item names from the "floaty names" option and put them into a seperate "Housing names" option that you could disable independantly from the original floaty names.

4. More activity - I guess this covers a broad area. One thing is I rarely see any NPC's roaming around, let alone players. NPC's population could be increased to solve that problem. For players, I guess more reasons to actually visit their neighborhoods like dungeons as someone above mentioned.

5. Upgrading houses - Some of this might just be too hard to accomplish but I'm going to list it anyway. I wish you could actually design the wall structure of the house as I don't really like the massive open-area rooms that come with Kinship houses and Deluxe houses, they just seem empty. If that isn't possible then maybe just allowing us to place the rooms in our own particular order rather than the set position. I'd also like to be able to upgrade the house in terms of adding an extra room or two to the home. Standard houses maybe get one room upgrade, deluxe gets two and and kinship gets three for more space.

6. Storage - More storage would be great. You could maybe add a tab system into the storage chests rather than having to add a full new chest. Each storage chest could have tabs you can open up (similar to how you buy extra slots in your bank). Standard, Deluxe and Kinship houses could have varying amounts of tabs available.

7. Adjustable levels of maintenance - I'd like to see some option that increases the dedication you need to give to your home. Pets was one thing where you could maybe have to feed them, but I guess more things would be having to mow the lawn or the grass gets out of control and maybe increases your maintenance costs if you leave it. Other things like a dustbin outside that requires emptying, having to clean the home. You could even tie it into your maintenance costs - such as the more work you do yourself on your house the less your bills are. It's just an idea as currently I think houses are nothing more than personal trophy rooms with a storage area and a quick port back to a city.

8. Armor and weapon stands - I was thinking there could be two versions - wall mounted and floor standing, so you could hang the items on the wall or place them on a floor standing mount. The floor standing could be a model doing a pose and you could adjust the pose. You could then add 5 different armor sets to it, and have various options to change it. Such as you can change the pose, and also change the armor set currently displayed through it's options. You could also be able to right click on it and get the option "Wear this set" which opens a drop down with the options "Main Armor", "Outfit #1", "Outfit #2" and it puts all the armor into that set and the armor / outfit your wearing is placed on the stand.

9. Being able to add a deposit on a house that you intend to buy but don't have the money yet. You would pay out maybe 15% of the house costs for the deposit to "book" it and have 1 week to pay the remainder or you lose the deposit on the house and can't book another house for maybe a couple of weeks to avoid abuse. You could only "book" one house at a time as well.

10. Change the houses interior so that it's not just the house itself when you "zone" into it and you are placed inside maybe a small box style area of the housing place. This is solely for the purpose of when I look out the window I'd like to be able to see out of it.

11. You should be able to sell your house. Just allow players to add the "For Sale Sign" back outside the house and you adjust the costs. You can choose whether to give them the default house or maybe a decorated home so you can adjust the price.

That's all I can think of

Hometown: Dale. Current: Raingully, The Shire.

In relation to players getting locked out of Houses, I've said it once, and I'll say it again.
    If a player does not pay their maintenance, they should be locked out but not have to pay bay rent. If the player does not pay maintenance for 3 weeks, all their items on the property are sent to an Escrow broker to be held for an indefinite period of time (until collected) and the player is given a voucher for a house of the same value.

Just a comment re: windows that see out, I don't think this is feasible. If you do some investigating of your property you will find that the house is in fact larger on the inside then the outside. To make houses large enough to seamlessly transition between exterior & interior, as well as program for all the things inside it now being outside (non-instanced) would be effectively impossible. However, I too hate the bland green/blue fogged windows, and would like some scenery painted over them. Nothing fancy, I don't want a texture that reflects what I've put in my yard, but a general "garden" texture for the front window etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglevision,Illuviel View Post
    yeah!
    the sims house building system on LOTRO!!!!!!

hauahauhauhauahuaha
    This would be fantastic, but I doubt it would happen.

LOTRO does need a serious housing update though. We bitched and bitched to get housing in the first place, and were contented with it for a while. But even at release, the housing system was lacking. Half the time I forget I even have a house except when my vaults get full and I need to find somewhere to store something, or my payment due message comes up. My houses (kinhouse shared with wife, and deluxe house) are both full of trophies and decorations with hardly any room for more. Whenever I visit the housing instance, it feels like a complete ghost town, like walking through Forochel (still the best place to level 45-50), only worse.

At minimum, please, get rid of the hooks, at best, a complete overhaul. I wouldn't complain about spending 50g on a 10'x10' shack if I could craft additions to the place, even if adding a kitchen took 500 mallorn or some ridiculous amount.

Sims style housing, place walls, basements, staircases, etc, etc, would be utterly amazing mind you.

Bookcases to store recipes & pages (well, guess these are out now), cold cellar/cupboards to store food/ingredients, closets/dressers for cosmetics. These things alone can fill chests, and unfortunately, just get vendored because I can never remember what recipes each toon has, and can't keep the vault space for all the one-shots out there...
    Last edited by Kril; Dec 21 2009 at 12:23 AM.

Signing.

I love my house. I bought the deluxe house in the Bree Neighborhood with the gazebo that's currently MIA. I love decorating it and collecting new stuff for it. I get excited about each festival coming around because it's a chance to get more stuff for my house. So now I have a ton of decorations that I'd love to use, but can't because I don't have enough hooks for them. This annoys me.

My two smaller rooms look great. One is set up as a bedroom, the other as a study. The main room is awful though. Despite having used most of the furniture hooks in it, it still looks barren. About I have left are thin furniture hooks despite the fact that there really isn't that much thin furniture. I would love it if we had the ability to just put stuff wherever we want it.

The Housing Vendors are a complete fail. They sale a ton of flooring and wall stuff, but practically no good furniture. About all we can make for ourselves is decoration type stuff and some bookcases. There's practically no seating options and most of the so-called large furniture is tiny, thus the barren rooms. Turbine, we love all the pretty little decorations, but there's not enough practical furniture. No one in real life has a table without seating.

I don't have much of a problem with the yards, but I do think if we're going to have hooks outside, there should be more of them. My yard is massive, but I have practically nothing in it and all the hooks are clumped up right at the door. As a result, I've got a ton of stuff crammed up on my house and an empty yard. Quite frankly, it looks weird.

I had a normal house previously that I had to walk away from to get my deluxe house. That's a lot of money to just throw away. We should be able to sell our houses back or sell them to other players.

The upkeep thing needs to go. If we're keeping up our game subscriptions, why do we need to pay in game? We're obviously playing the game, so why are we being punished because people abandon the game and never come back?

We need some kind of neighborhood activities. I've owned a home for over six months, in two different neighborhoods. I've never seen any of my neighbors in all that time. There are practically no NPCs either. As a result, the neighborhoods look like Skrulls kidnapped everyone or something. We need a reason to come home other than dumping stuff in our storage vaults.

Signed!

Though I probably signed this thread a couple of times! Dunno if this even will help get the Devs attention for that matter, but we gotta keep trying right guys :P Tell your friends, every deco|house lovers out there to sign

Is there any hints at all that the Devs are even thinking about changing this?? I would spend hours decorating believe it or not lol

A revamped housing system is the one single feature that would get me more excited about this game. It would have me more involved than simply returning to the game for a month or so every once in a while. More storage space, get rid of the hooks so that houses are fully customizable, and some sort of community incentive.

Houses looks so bland and barren with the hook system, there's so much empty space I was so excited when Book 11 was announced to be the Housing upgrade, and then the hooks were announced and I pretty much lost all enthusiasm.

EQ2 is a good example of how housing should be done in a fantasy MMO. While the neighborhood concept was a good improvement upon EQ2's version of instanced housing, EQ2 excels in that items can be placed anywhere in the house, there's a larger item capacity, and a larger storage capacity as well. And that game came out a couple years before LOTRO. Also I believe EQ2 housing now has armor and weapon stands to show off your gear... that would be a really neat feature for LOTRO where we have all those armor sets that we may not use anymore but would be cool to show off in our house.

I also would like to see:

1.) Put stuff where you want with a grid system, per a previous poster.
    2.) The ability to use old weapons as wall ornaments/trophys or weapons racks.
    3.) More than 3 rooms available for players who can afford it.
    4.) More storage chests.
    5.) The ability for EACH tune to have its own place.

moveable hooks, been asking for em in AC for a long time =/

It could be done a couple of ways - a set number of predetermined locations (so if the reason behind things being only in certain places was a programming concern that could be overcome); a completely free moving system - more like the UO decor tool that allows you to move items along the axis it's set on - still with a set number of hooks, to keep the 'balance' of items the same; or possibly do away entirely with the hooks and give us a simple item limit, based on housing size, that allows us to put pretty much anything dropable/mountable down so we can free our inner decorator.

For a last minute system, housing is well done in this game. But... it could be a lot better. Devs in these games really need to realize how much a player desires to make even a little portion of the 'world' their own... the need to leave a mark or the desire for true immersion. Sigh.

2 Long Street, Pickgrove, Bree-Land Homesteads

Talking Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

I agree with many of the ideas posted. One thing I think would be an improvement is instead of the option to buy a pre-designated house is make the available spaces lots with the option to choose which house you want to put in the lot ranging from cottage to estate, with the option to upgrade. And sell different size lots (i.e. small, medium, large, etc...) which would have different quantities of "yard hooks". That way you could put a large house in a small lot and have very few "yard hooks" or put a small house in a large lot for the inverse. That would allow people to choose the location of the neighborhood that they found most appealing and put whichever house fit their desire. Also multiple exits would be nice so you don't have to either map out or run from one side of the neighborhood to the other to exit, and would make some house locations more appealing. Apart from that I think increasing the size of each neighborhood as well as making it more of a town with a city center including vendors and crafting halls, etc...would be great and also would help reduce the lag issue in some of the major cities as people would hopefully return to the neighborhoods instead of standing around the prancing pony doing nothing.
    All-in-all Turbine has done a good job, however if even half of the ideas in this discussion were implemented it would go a long way into making the game much more enjoyable for countless gamers, myself included.
    Last edited by ebmusicman38; Jan 02 2010 at 03:51 PM.
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"]Barmin - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#F0FFF0"]Brahm - lv 85 Guard[/COLOR], [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bremlin - lv 85 Burglar[/COLOR], [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Glenduil - lv 85 RK[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFFF00"]Glenduin - lv 85 Hunter[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FF0000"]Paxlen - lv 85 Warden[/COLOR], [COLOR="#00FF00"]Paxdan - lv 85 Champ[/COLOR], [COLOR="#008080"]Salazaar - lv 85 LM[/COLOR], [COLOR="#FFA07A"]Tumeni - lv 85 Mini[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Shanesse - lv 65 Cappy[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ebmusicman38 View Post
    I agree with many of the ideas posted. One thing I think would be an improvement is instead of the option to buy a pre-designated house is make the available spaces lots with the option to choose which house you want to put in the lot ranging from cottage to estate, with the option to upgrade. And sell different size lots (i.e. small, medium, large, etc...) which would have different quantities of "yard hooks". That way you could put a large house in a small lot and have very few "yard hooks" or put a small house in a large lot for the inverse. That would allow people to choose the location of the neighborhood that they found most appealing and put whichever house fit their desire. Also multiple exits would be nice so you don't have to either map out or run from one side of the neighborhood to the other to exit, and would make some house locations more appealing. Apart from that I think increasing the size of each neighborhood as well as making it more of a town with a city center including vendors and crafting halls, etc...would be great and also would help reduce the lag issue in some of the major cities as people would hopefully return to the neighborhoods instead of standing around the prancing pony doing nothing.
    All-in-all Turbine has done a good job, however if even half of the ideas in this discussion were implemented it would go a long way into making the game much more enjoyable for countless gamers, myself included.
    I'll just echo this post. Agree with everything he said!

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast