We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

What about a Box to store some of your Money.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000266693/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][U][COLOR=#0000be]
    [/COLOR][/U]

/SIGNED in triplicate

Unfortunately, Turbine is too busy pumping money and time into gated content that many of us won't ever see versus designing content any player can enjoy. SOOOOO, I'll resort to some low-down, dirty, shameless, but time-tested tactics - a bottle of Middleton Irish Whiskey for EACH dev that champions AND delivers some SERIOUS housing love...

As in start HERE ----> http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639.

Cheers! Your bottle of Middleton Irish Whiskey awaits!

/me signs

I love playing with the housing and cosmetics...in other games. I can't believe Turbine doesn't have enough staff to make this work, since Asheron's Call, another Turbine game, has better housing (still hooks, but less confining than the current system) and other games (e.g. SWG and EQ2) have way better housing. Turbine has the staff, they just don't want to dedicate it to a minority of players such as we are. Instead they allocate their staff to work on revamping quests (such as Orion's Belt - Book 9 - A Tale of Design. I think this is good work Orion is doing, and welcome work, but if they have time to revamp Garth Agarwen and other instances (e.g. Ered Luin) I'm sure they can find someone who's willing to take a few weeks to work on Housing. Look at what Orion accomplished in two weeks!

Sometimes we just want to log into Middle Earth and relax. Not kill anything. Not turn in quests. Not run around harvesting nodes. Maybe decorate the house, look at past glories, throw a party, who knows?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000ab4f9/01007/signature.png]Zoruviel[/charsig]

As a player who is probably going to be purchasing a house in the near future (just trying to decide on where), I'm definitely in agreement that the housing system needs some love.

With the Ask a Dev thing currently underway, I'm wondering if it may be better to settle on one specific Housing System Upgrade related question and just all send it in instead of trying to each come up with our own. Sure we may get less questions answered, but it can't hurt to reinforce, once again, that we are a focused group that greatly desires our want/need to be addressed.

Hopefully Turbine's change of direction in the development of the game will include more diversionary content like improvements to housing. Housing is a big issue for me as a casual player. I like to decorate, but it would be nice to have some versatility in the decoration element of housing.

more storage
    freeform placement
    more decoration options
    removal of the useless and pointless upkeep fees

Quote Originally Posted by Quabbin View Post
    The housing in EQ2 was my favorite part of that game. I'd spend hours decorating and redecorating, buying and making furniture, and playing with my house pets. My daughter was the same way, and would spend all the money I gave her on furnishings. She once spent two platinum on a pet baby dragon. There is a lot of freedom in where you can place things. You can resize them, make them float, turn them to just about every angle... and on and on. If you want to see what I mean, here are a couple of my old places (these links lead to the EQ2 boards) -- Quabbin's Home and Aileas's... uh, sushi bar.

Really, though, I do love LOTRO and I absolutely adore having a yard (something you don't get in EverQuest 2) -- and I don't want the housing to be exactly like EQ2 (I mean... I made a widescreen T.V. - a little bit anachronistic, I think) but I just wish I could put that doggone bearskin rug in front of my fireplace.
    Truly beautiful, to bad Lord of the Raid developers don't understand that mmos are supposed to be about more then hack and slash games.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000171df3/01002/signature.png]Vanate[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Quabbin View Post
    The housing in EQ2 was my favorite part of that game. I'd spend hours decorating and redecorating, buying and making furniture, and playing with my house pets. My daughter was the same way, and would spend all the money I gave her on furnishings. She once spent two platinum on a pet baby dragon. There is a lot of freedom in where you can place things. You can resize them, make them float, turn them to just about every angle... and on and on. If you want to see what I mean, here are a couple of my old places (these links lead to the EQ2 boards) -- Quabbin's Home and Aileas's... uh, sushi bar.

Really, though, I do love LOTRO and I absolutely adore having a yard (something you don't get in EverQuest 2) -- and I don't want the housing to be exactly like EQ2 (I mean... I made a widescreen T.V. - a little bit anachronistic, I think) but I just wish I could put that doggone bearskin rug in front of my fireplace.
    Wow that is some awesome stuff. I had no idea the housing systems in those games had so many options for customization. Makes me feel really jealous. I wish lotro's system had even just half that customizability. To be able to put chairs around our tables and slot stuff where we want it would be all I would ask. This would basically be a grid system rather than hook system and would allow far more flexibility while still keeping the number of stuff you can put in a house at a certain limit if that is where turbine is concerned.
    Freeps:[color=red]Kallen|Lore-Master (MAIN)[/color],[color=grey] Ryuuroden|Hunter[/color], [color=blue]Hideyoshi|Champion[/color], [color=orange]Linalee|Captain[/color], [color=green]Arvernus|Warden[/color], [color=purple]Precia|Rune Keeper[/color], [color=yellow]Qfeuille|Burglar[/color], [color=red]Ascoeur|Minstrel[/color]
    Creeps:[color=red]Otakuwolf|Warg[/color], [color=grey]Nissassa|WL[/color], [color=blue]Guzel|Reaver[/color], [color=orange]Fuzzywatze|Spider[/color], [color=green]Thundershat|BA[/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000c8134/01006/signature.png]Kallen[/charsig]

So I guess that after all the other petition posts about this topic that did not get any results, the OP figured that his/her post would be the one to spur on the housing changes? I want everyone who believes in faeries to clap their hands.....

Face it, the lame housing system is the direct fault of the player base. People whined that they wanted housing NOW so the devs threw together something to shut them up. If the player base had shown the level of patience one might expect from a 5 year old with ADD they might have gotten a better system a bit later on, but no, they had to have it NOW.

So here we are in 2009, with development money shrinking along with the player base, new content plans being scaled back, and people think that Turbine can pull new content out of their *** with no thought to the development time (which equals money) that would have to be pulled from some other aspect of the game.

Do you people ever think your demands through before you post them?

/signed I agreed completly

/signed.

The only hooks there should be are "floor," "wall," and "ceiling." Beyond that, let us put things wherever we want. (Table and shelf space should count as floor space as well)

Also, we should be able to put Trophies in our yards. That way at least there's some chance someone else might see them.

I don't like petitions.

However, I will agree with the people here who believe that housing needs a huge revamp.

Even Animal Crossing has better housing than LOTRO, which makes me sad, because a bunch of online games have really cool housing.

They need to be able to be more personalized for the current costs. Lotro could REALLY shine in this department.

I admit I did not read every post, but I did skim over a bunch. I'm sorry if I'm repeating, here are the issues I would like Turbine to add to the housing system (which I don;t think is too unreasonable or difficult).

1 - The ability to purchase more rooms. Not just one more, but the option for a cellar, multiple bedrooms, a proper storage room (so your storage isn't in plain view - how rude), and the possibility of some day getting a game room where you can play darts or something. It would be nice to add stories to your house too.

2 - A more interactive yard. Let us purchase hedges and place them wherever we want, plant more trees anywhere we want, generally just more freedom and more options.

3 - A wraparound porch sounds pretty cool to me.

I understand that Turbine has a lot on its plate, and think they are doing a terrific job at balancing what they have and giving us consistent updates. I am cool with being patient, but it would be nice to know if they are planning on addressing any of these issues. Hopefully by the time the next volume comes out we'll see some of these changes.

another person who has read SOME but not ALL the posts here YET.
    But I do want to add my name/count to total messages here, yes I would love to see Turbine GREATLY improve housing.

HOWEVER, housing is sooo bad now, IMHO, I would love to see them overhaul it or add some some most requested additions, like more storage, or just putting all the chests in one place by the entrance. Housing is so limited compared to MANY other mmo's I remember it was added sometime after launch if I remember correctly. Actually I would have been fine if they had waited ANOTHER year to implement it and done a better job. If you want to see a great housing system look at eq2.

Whats great about eq2 housing? You have total freedom to decorate it in literally infinite ways. Also other people have a game mechanic reason to regularly visit other peoples homes, and I think this is important. Cause you know others have a real reason to enter your home. They system now where we can put a few items in to predefined places and the only choice we have is to rotate it 15 degrees right of left is so limiting. Did they really think that most people would think that was a great system? I cant imagine so, they just knew that few people would leave just because of it.

Top of my list:
    put storage in one place
    a way to display cloaks on walls and other equipment im not using
    give players a good reason to visit other peoples home (in eq2 its a discount to broker purchases basically)
    Last edited by flyinggarlic; Oct 02 2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: addition

/signed

To speak a language Turbine is sure to understand, I paid for EQ2 for over a year *only because of housing*. I didn't like the game at all. I just loved playing with my house.

You will make more money off people like me if you put in housing upgrades. A game that I would have played for 2-3 months max got a year's worth of fees out of me by having awesome housing. People who have made max level and are feeling bored might be tempted to stick around and putter with their house, rather than cancel their account til the next expansion comes out.

/signed.

I am also an EQ housing fan, and spent money to stay there just for that.

Although I do love that LOTRO even has a housing system ( many MMO's do not ) I am with the majority on this I would love to be able to customize it a little more. The yard is fine the way it is (neighbourhoods shouldnt look like a junk yard) A more personal feel to the home would be great.

We also need more interaction in the neighbourhood, right now it's a ghost town, mainly because people dont pay their upkeep and still have a house.

I do miss the SWG housing, being able to put anyting where i want took up much of my time and is very appealing. I also liked the fact of putting vendors in my own house to sell my specific wares. Last but not least and I know this will never happen but I would love to put my house anywhere I wanted (within reason) instead of moving in to a pre built neighborhood much like SWG or UO was.
    Scoup: lvl 50 Hunter
    Brothers of Middle Earth
    Silverload

/signed Thornadin

Yeah, I was really excited the first time I bought a house, I was expecting a place that I could work on for months to improve and a place that would be busy with people...but instead the neighborhoods are all empty because people only visit them to store things then leave....COME ON TURBINE...people have been asking for a HUGE revamp for over a year...(especially me) I know i have posted several time on things I would like to see, so I'll save my time by not reposting them....*crossess fingers & toes.

19. Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by VEEDOG View Post
    As the devs keep saying, their team is not big enough to produce new content, fix the bugs that team creates, AND work on "frills" like the housing system.

Lotro unfortunately seems to be getting neglected by turbine, and the Dev team is obviously dwindling.

Time to start looking for a game that has support and staff.

I think we could answer with our wallets, I said it once and Ill say it agian, Id gladly PAY for FLUFF and HOUSING IMPROVEMENTS.

I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR A HOUSING AND FLUFF IMPROVEMENT!

Oh, I just posted about this under first impressions; I didn't realize there was a petition. I would especially like an update to Elvish housing, but it looks like lots of people believe that the system in general needs a severe upgrade.

Signed.

/signed

I would like the freedom Ultima Online had for housing. Anything in your pack could be used for deco.

/signed

Why not do what the ppl are asking for maybe a lil incentive for the developper's...one time 19.99$ buy for total freedom of your house...bet everyone would jump on it..including me and I would still like to see ppl not paying for their houses being kicked out of the neighborhood like it was in the good old days!!

signed! love the idea of cellars. really love the idea of more freedom to decorate.

Thumbs up Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/SIGNED!
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000f60e2/signature.png]Jaylaxel[/charsig]
    Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 85 Champ | [COLOR=Red]Aedush[/COLOR] - R4 Stalker
    [/CENTER]

Either drastically reduce or even eliminate the stupid upkeep costs.

There are other ways of avoiding players 'squatting' housing than forcing them to pay such exorbitant 'upkeep' costs.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast