We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

yeah!
    the sims house building system on LOTRO!!!!!!

hauahauhauhauahuaha

I have a bad feeling that Turbine will using Housing Upgrade as a form of extra incentive to encourage people to buy the next expansion.

That's sorta what they did with crafting..

Nothing like blackmail eh?
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow][I][B][COLOR=red]*gasp*[/COLOR][/B][/I] :eek: [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]I have to kill [I]THAT[/I] many for the deed?!?![/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglevision,Illuviel View Post
    yeah!
    the sims house building system on LOTRO!!!!!!

hauahauhauhauahuaha
    This has nothing to do with the Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I have a bad feeling that Turbine will using Housing Upgrade as a form of extra incentive to encourage people to buy the next expansion.

That's sorta what they did with crafting..

Nothing like blackmail eh?
    If that's what it takes to get housing improved, I'm all for it. As a matter of fact, I suggested a small retail upgrade that would be 90% fluff. I'd shell out $20 in a heartbeat for a better housing system, more hobbies, etc.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][SIZE=4][I][COLOR=orange]Adder[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=80048"][COLOR=orange][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]- Hall of Fame Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Adder%E2%80%99s_/Mood_y_Emote_Compendium"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=orange][B]Adder’s /Mood_y /Emotes Compendium[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]- [/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]LoreBook[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639"][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR=orange]Announcing LOTRO Total Housing Redesign![/COLOR][/B] [/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]Suggestions Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

/signed

This is Middle Earth! There is much more they could add outside of the usual monster/quest/loot grind.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Adder View Post
    If that's what it takes to get housing improved, I'm all for it. As a matter of fact, I suggested a small retail upgrade that would be 90% fluff. I'd shell out $20 in a heartbeat for a better housing system, more hobbies, etc.
    QFT.

I shelled out $$ for lifetime, for pre-upgrades, etc. I'd definitely be willing to shell out $$ for a significant improvement to the currently lacking non-combat 'fluff'.

/signed

SWG had arguably the best housing system, with EQ2 a very close second.
    "I am invincible as long as I'm alive."

/signed. I agree - need more hooks or just have it where we can place items where ever - I would love to really be original in decorating.
    *Shaedoe 100 Loremaster "The Diva" * Boudicia 100 Captain * Asilith 100 Hunter * *Elisel 100 Mini * Lywynn 100 Guard * Pupyluv Rank 6 Stalker

/sign

omg yay, people who care ;3

Suggestion forum wasn't so awesome heh.

Anywho, give us a housing messaging board, so I can leave neighbors messages >.<

It could just be the little map overlayed on a board, and you click on their house or something.

...yawn...

Wake me up when housing and kinships get some attention.....zzzzzz
    [CENTER][COLOR=GOLD][B]Galenhir Swordsong: Founder of the Lonely Mountain Band, SubCreator of Ales & Tales[/B][/COLOR]
    Minstrel Songs:[url]http://www.minstrelsongs.com[/url]
    The Lonely Mountain Band: [url]http://www.alesandtales.com[/url]
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/SubCreator[/url][/CENTER]

/sign

i played SWG from 2003 to 2005 and one of the reasons i stuck with the game even through the horrible CU was because of housing. i LOVED my house. it would be great to see the same types of options in LOTRO.

i agree that the neighborhood idea is a good one, but when there's really no point to go to the neighborhoods other than dropping things off in a chest or buying discounted items, it really just makes housing seem like the red-headed step-child of the game.

to reiterate what others have said, i'd love to see the following:

1 - the ability for all of my characters to have their own homes.

2 - crafting abilities in our homes (someone mentioned the option to buy a superior oven for our homes and i drooled....i hate running back and forth between my vault and the oven in MD...or even having to run back and forth between the neighborhood vendor and the oven because cooking is a nightmare for inventory).

3 - more flexibility in decorating. please get rid of hooks. i hate them. every house looks exactly the same.

4 - if not crafting in our homes, at least crafting in our neighborhoods. i've had a house since the option was offered and i have never seen any of my neighbors.

5 - someone else suggested merchants....i know this would cause a huge upheaval of the game, but that's another aspect of SWG that i miss....the economy. if we could open our own little shops (maybe a business-only neighborhood? or add shops to the current neighborhoods?) i would -love- that.

please don't neglect this aspect of the game!

/signed
    I love my house but would very much enjoy more freedom to decorate. Freedom to place things where I liked would be a big help.

/signed also I hope the "you won't lose your house if you don't pay upkeep but you won't be able to use it" deal goes

i think it'd be nice if they opened a new housing area in lothlorien now that it's expanding soon.

[edit] nevermind, after posting this i read the thread regarding it and it makes sense not to.

/signed

I haven't played SWG, but am used to another place that allows us to decorate as we see fit. I've spent hundreds of dollars on various things in Second Life. I'd love to see some housing love here, and would even pay a reasonble price for a super "fluff" expansion, with housing as the focus of that expansion. I'm a Lifetime member and would view it as an investment in the game and my future within the game. I want more reasons to return to my home rather then mostly just storage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000017b7b/01006/signature.png]Ameesa[/charsig]

Signed as well. I have yet to have any faith that this will happen. It appears they have more interest in the pvmp than the housing.

/signed

10chars

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Aeslynn View Post
    Let's put it this way..... I paid money to play EQ2 JUST SO I COULD PLAY WITH MY HOUSE!!!
    I completely agree. Housing in EQ2 was amazing. It was almost a game unto itself between what could be done with it and the amount of time someone could spend on it if they wanted to. Housing in LOTRO is in major need of an overhaul.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000004d652/01007/signature.png]Elanthion[/charsig]

/signed a thousand times!
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by UFCfreak View Post
    and btw, we do not need more instances for housing IMHO, 3/4 of most instances are ppl who does not play or does not pay upkeep. If those ppl would be out of the instances, we would not have to beg for new ones, and when we get new instances the whole thing will happen over and over again. If the deadbeats are kicked out, ppl will start buying houses in old instances again, which will fix the problem of ''ghost towns''
    Agreed. I think Turbine's biggest mistake was removing the housing "decay" and letting a player keep a house indefinitely, even with no upkeep. Plenty of room for compromise there (having others pay upkeep for you, vouchers if the house was lost, etc), but instead we get the other extreme.

The housing system is a great thing overall, and the neighborhoods look fantastic, as do the homes...but zoning into a neighborhood to see an empty zone half full of locked houses really kills one of the coolest features of Lotro.

I'd love to have a reason to hang out at my house, or a friends, or relax at the Kin house other than to pop in to use the Inn League Keg for laughs. Hard to do when half the neighborhood doesn't exist in the game.

And of course, /sign for other upgrade suggestions as well...

Oh, and can we PLEASE get something besides fish and the same like 5 paintings to put on our walls? Swords, shields, spears, halberds, etc...all would be awesome items for wall slots (I have a sword mounted on the wall above my desk in RL, which made me think about it).
    "Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000a5550/01001/signature.png]Bercalin[/charsig]

/signed
    I definatly agree with most of the points mentioned in this thread. Removal of the interior hooks would be great! And I've been wishing for crafting areas at least in the neighborhood since buying my 1st house well over a year ago.

/signed

I dont know about anyone else but Id also like the ability too craft in my own home. Create a system where your house can be expanded (with more chest's and rooms) so you can have a shop. I dont want to have a vendor or anything, but I would like the be able to have Superior (insert tables or forge here) in my own home.

Quote Originally Posted by trogg View Post
    I cant say strongly enough that we need a better system than housing wall hangers. Simply there is just not enough spots to put all the cool stuff. I propose one of two things must be done please.

1. Please give us more spots to hang,place, and display our housing items.

2. Better than that would be to let us put our interior items wherever we like. Please do away with interior hangers all together. Housing in other games do it, so I know Turbine as good as they are can do it too. I understand the outdoor scenario, but inside we should be able to decorate at will to a certain number of items.

/sign Trogg
    SIGNED ..... I have been wanting this for a VERYYYYYYYYY long time ...... signed , sealed and delivered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kingb33 View Post
    /sign definitely.

EQ2's housing system is AWESOME. If any of you have ever used or seen it.
    That was one of the things i loved.... not to mention house pets that you could let roam loose in your house and interact with.... i loved it so much

/signed!!!!

signed!!!!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast