We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Petition for housing system upgrade

I cant say strongly enough that we need a better system than housing wall hangers. Simply there is just not enough spots to put all the cool stuff. I propose one of two things must be done please.

1. Please give us more spots to hang,place, and display our housing items.

2. Better than that would be to let us put our interior items wherever we like. Please do away with interior hangers all together. Housing in other games do it, so I know Turbine as good as they are can do it too. I understand the outdoor scenario, but inside we should be able to decorate at will to a certain number of items.

/sign Trogg
    Last edited by trogg; Dec 25 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spell

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

3. Please allow us to transfer ownership to one of our alts so that we can delete characters that have been dormant for OVER A YEAR NOW.

4. Please allow us to sell, or at least somewhat recoup the costs on our house, because they're pretty much useless other than for storage or a trophy case that no one ever looks at.

5. Please allow us MORE storage.

6. Please allow Hobbit housing to be more lore appropriate.

7. Please allow us windows we can actually see out of.

Ahmen To That!

Quote Originally Posted by bear192 View Post
    Ahmen To That!
    Didn't you DELETE your ACCOUNT?

I don't doubt there are such things in motion, I just wish we had some sort of 'honeydo' list from Turbine so that we know what they were working on in what order...though that would take some of the thrill out of it and probably promote more nagging from the player base.
    [center][b][color=gray]Dedoric[/color] || [color=royalblue]Rocso[/color][/b] of [url=http://guild-sanctuary.com/lotro]Sanctuary[/url]
    [size=1][[url=http://lotroplayers.com]LOTROPlayers[/url]]
    [[url=http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com]The Grey Company Podcast[/url]]
    [[url=http://masteroflore.wordpress.com]Master of Lore blog[/url]][/size]
    [/center]

Oh I would just LOVE it if Turbine would pay more attention to housing in this game.

I think they're really missing out on it. They seem to have NO IDEA just how much people get into their houses!!

Let's put it this way..... I paid money to play EQ2 JUST SO I COULD PLAY WITH MY HOUSE!!!

That should get their attention.

HERE is what housing should look like!!

Most of the books and quite a few of the items are actually from completeing quests and other Deed like things.

I'm so wanting to pay for EQ2 AGAIN... just so I can log on my carpenter, craft more stuff, buy yet another house with an alt and spend hours and hours just messing with it!!

P.S. Auction Halls stink. Switch to the Broker system for more competitive pricing and housing that isn't a ghost town!!
    Last edited by Aeslynn; Dec 30 2008 at 10:07 PM.
    Eisling OakChapel, Minstrel
    and a bunch of AKAs
    Co-leader of Spirit Brewers
    P.S. I want to play the Triangle!

8: Add additional neighborhoods.

9: Each toon should be able to own their own home.

Homes just flat out need a better purpose then storage!

For quite a while I've been looking to move to the shire. As of now there are only 3 deluxe houses and all 3 of them are 3 Harrow rd ...ack!. (I also agree with making shire homes more lore appropriate)

We pay upkeep on our homes so they should be in good condition to sell. Shouldn't our homes be an investment and retain there equity? Wouldn't the prices of our homes increase when sold due to limited real estate and/or ideal location w/in the neighborhood or area?

WOOT! 3 new neighborhoods in the Shire!

/signed

How about popping over to the Housing link in my sig and give me a /signed or whatever. The more housing threads that stay current the more visible we will be.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][SIZE=4][I][COLOR=orange]Adder[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=80048"][COLOR=orange][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]- Hall of Fame Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Adder%E2%80%99s_/Mood_y_Emote_Compendium"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=orange][B]Adder’s /Mood_y /Emotes Compendium[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]- [/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]LoreBook[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639"][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR=orange]Announcing LOTRO Total Housing Redesign![/COLOR][/B] [/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]Suggestions Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

/signed

This words are added because I had to to post.

Quote Originally Posted by RighteousMF View Post
    No way!!! Combine the existing ones and make one big "neighborhood" so you can actually walk around and see different houses, houseing, interiors, etc without having to port!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trogg View Post
    Simply there is just not enough spots to put all the cool stuff.
    That is true. I have every trophy in the game including all festival trophies (or at least access to them i.e. rep vendors). Except of course, the three that dont drop: mistress egg and the two from Tham Mirdain (Yes, the Mammoth trophy finally drops!). Anyways, I have all my slots filled, and I keep having to replace my non-bound items with my BoA items. With that, I STILL have a full housing chest and 1/2 of non-bound items and a full bank chest of BoA items.

Please, give us an options to:
    A. have more slots
    B. BUY more slots
    C. BUY additional rooms /chests.
    D. BUY more yard decorations.
    E. Collapse the nieghborhoods and put the ineffective/non-payed houses together and switch it with used.

E - would require some effort and manually going in and switching it out. To accomplish this, just make a list where people can sign up who are willing to switch nieghborhoods, but still keep the same house. Or just do away with the system, because the problem with it before was that people would leave and come back and there house AND ITEMS were gone. Now, escrow never deletes items, so they would only loose there house. There are so many options that can turn this around that it baffels me how nothing has been done.

Note: With C - this chest will be different as it can hold BoA items and not sharable by other members/toons. This will eleviate the problem of BoA housing items, for the mean time.
    Leader of [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=173712]R.A.I.D.[/url] (Rememberme's Awesome Instructional Directions).

I think Turbine is doing a good job for housing, the only thing I would like to see is the deadbeats kicked out!!! On FireFoot out of like 20 instances there is 2-3 personal houses left, In my neighborhood, there is 10 houses locked because they did not pay upkeep and one of those house I want because 2 of my kinship houses are there.

1. I want those houses available on the market

2. Wouldnt mind the option of seeing a cellar in the future

3. The Idea of no hook, the freedom of putting stuff wherever you want seems appealing!

and btw, we do not need more instances for housing IMHO, 3/4 of most instances are ppl who does not play or does not pay upkeep. If those ppl would be out of the instances, we would not have to beg for new ones, and when we get new instances the whole thing will happen over and over again. If the deadbeats are kicked out, ppl will start buying houses in old instances again, which will fix the problem of ''ghost towns''
    Last edited by UFCfreak; Jan 23 2009 at 12:58 PM.

/signed.
    10char
    [LEFT][URL]http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Tinkers_Guide[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000010a85c/01005/signature.png]Tavlin[/charsig]
    Davlin LvL 60 Hunter - Founder of The Hammer and Quill- Landroval
    [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=238849[/URL][/LEFT]

Wink Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed.

I had to agree with what UFCfreak said about the problem in the housing instances.
    There are too many no-longer-played player who has deleted their account but still have the house under their toon's name, which creating the problem we are seeing right now. These current housing issues could be fix if Turbine developer consider put these things in place .....

- After 6 months of un-paid upkeep or once account or toons been deleted, it is automatic put back in the market to be use again. (stuff that was in the house/chest will be transfer to Escrow Broker with current system in placed.)

- give house owner more option on how the house deco should be place, freely.

- agree on the windows should be able to see out, gives the appearance of Glass Windows.

- Allow Deluxe house owner to have one Huge yard deco.

- etc...

not sure how to do the quote things... but RighteousMF what you said on #9, it is changed into current system from before.

Here's my dream upgrades, from practical and roleplay standpoints...

1. Couches, chairs, benches, hassocks, whatever(!) to sit on. When we have meetings in our kinship hall or friends in our home, nothing looks sillier than everyone sitting on the floor. We are planning a "Dinner at the Pathfinders" RP night soon. I'd love to have a table to gather 'round, with chairs!

2. What's with all the empty floor space?? Must have been men that designed the housing. ~wink~

3. A kitchen for the cooks, with storage for food ingredients and the option to purchase a superior oven for the house. I would pay vast amounts of gold for both of those. Often when I'm cooking, I forgot an ingredient or run out of room to carry them. If I have made the trip from my vault in Michel Delving over to the crafting area I have made it a hundred times.

4. "Social" food, that can displayed on a table, picked up and eaten.

Houses should be more than static things to decorate. Want community happening in the housing areas? Give them usability.

Aerhinn

Aerhinn
    Caun & Membership Director, Marchwardens of Ennoarth
    http://www.ennorath.org
    http://my.lotro.com/aerhinn/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000036f41/01004/signature.png]Aerhinn[/charsig]

/sign definitely.

EQ2's housing system is AWESOME. If any of you have ever used or seen it.

I would love

a. Get rid of the stupid hooks, and let us put things wherever we want. Possibly with the exception of the outside yards. Don't want people making the neighborhoods look like crud ...

b. Hang weapons. I understand armor has issues. But would it be possible to hang weapons the walls? I'm saving Hill-Defender for this eventuality ...

c. Put bound items in our housing chests!

d. Have armor dummies, to put armor on

e. No more "midget" trophies. The tiny sabre-toothed tiger is ridiculous. That's not fearsome, it's like we murdered somebody's cat

f. More heads! I love my Troll head. More things should have their heads lopped off.

*signed*

I'm a new LOTRO player who just switched over from SWG, which I played almost exclusively for my home.

I think that Aeslynn hit the nail on the head. Players love their homes.
    We want for our homes in LOTRO to be more than just walk-in closets. We want them to be showpieces and hangouts for us and our friends.
    Basically, if you want to know what we want, look at housing in SWG and EQ2. That's what we want to see brought to LOTRO.

• The ability to place our items and furnishings wherever we want.
    • The ability to acquire more item space for our home.
    • More furniture! Especially seating.
    • More rooms/more floorplan options.
    • Bigger neighborhoods with more housing options per neighborhood.

[I do have to throw a thumbs-up at Turbine for the "neighborhood" idea. I feel that it is far more efficient and nicer-looking than the "slap your house anywhere" system of other MMOs.]

/monster signed.

The SWG housing was the pinnacle in my mind. The ones we have now in LOTRo are weaksauce at best.
    85 Burg; Brunnhilda -High Chieftain Sineater and Overlord Vulfen

Vote for Neverwinter!! Vote today!! Vote for TESO!! Vote today!!

/signed Enuil

Exclamation Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

I would really like more nahborhoods.. but make at least every house diffrent (as in rooms stares ) i hate that there all the same! and cant we PLEASE put the furniture were we want?....and last but not least Maybe we can atleast buy land and make our own house.

3 Harrow Road, Clapfoot Homestead, The Shire

Quote Originally Posted by RighteousMF View Post

9: Each toon should be able to own their own home.

Homes just flat out need a better purpose then storage!

For quite a while I've been looking to move to the shire. As of now there are only 3 deluxe houses and all 3 of them are 3 Harrow rd ...ack!. (I also agree with making shire homes more lore appropriate)

We pay upkeep on our homes so they should be in good condition to sell. Shouldn't our homes be an investment and retain there equity? Wouldn't the prices of our homes increase when sold due to limited real estate and/or ideal location w/in the neighborhood or area?
    Hey now! I love my Deluxe at 3 Harrow!

Someone really needs to drive the point home to Turbine that many of us think of our homes (I'll have 3 by the end of this week) as more than simply a place to stow our stuff. In UO and DAoC, I would spend literally hours decorating and just "relaxing" in MY house. I would be giddy beyond words if Turbine took a cue from some of the other games out there and allowed us free-form decoration and implemented some of the fine ideas I've seen here and elsewhere. They REALLY need to have a "Month of Housing" sometime in 2009!
    Weeeeeeee're baaaaaaack! :)

My wish list! ::

1. Get rid of HOOKS and let us place items where we want.

2. Get rid of SIZE LIMITS - no more small, large, thin limitations.
    Almost all of the "large" items are rediculously small and laughable.

3. Increase QUANTITY of items that can be put inside the home!
    Even if you use every available slot - homes and kinhouses look empty because of a lack of available slots.

4. More Furniture options
    Why can't we craft or purchase table and chair sets that allow players to sit in the chairs around the table?
    And no.. not one table with a chair far off in the corner of the room, that's not a complete set - is that what you have in your RL home?!?!?!?

5. Add special TROPHY CHEST - where BoA decor/trophies can be stored!
    The items would still be BoA status and only the owner can take them out of the chest *****exception - kinship house--see item #6******

6. Let Kinship House Decorations be moveable
    No I'm not suggesting the kinhouse decorator be able to leave the kinhouse with these items, but while they are in the kinhouse, they should be able to move items around without the BoA forcing them to "return to owner". Let's face it, sometimes our fellow kinmates have no decorating sense and place cool items in uncool places.

7. More CHESTS or LARGER CHESTS in kinship houses
    As kinships grow, more and more members like to put crafted items like food, edelharn tokens, jewelry, armour, etc in the kinhouse for kinmates to use. The current chest sizes just don't support this.
    [CENTER][COLOR=yellow][I][B][COLOR=red]*gasp*[/COLOR][/B][/I] :eek: [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]I have to kill [I]THAT[/I] many for the deed?!?![/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast