We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I just let an abandoned kin decay past 55 days ( http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...nship-dissolve ), and 2 things became apparent:

1) There definitely was no mail notification to officers nor members. (Can't speak to successors, none had been designated.)

...and...

2) The current choice of wording is misleading...

• "...If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership.

• If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership..."

"20 days" from when? When officers first can usurp, like the Successor had 10 days? Nope - it's from when the Successor could have usurped - a poor choice of phrasing, b/c officers don't have 20 days, only 10 before the next phase kicks in.

Each stage is given 10 days before the next stage kicks in - successor, officers, members. So, a less ambiguous presentation might be something like...
    • Day 0 - Kin Leader stops logging in

• Day 35* - Successor able to usurp

• Day 45* - Officers able to usurp

• Day 55* - Any Member able to usurp

• Day 65* - Kin disbanded

(* Days since the kin Leader's last log-on. ''Days'' are measured at midnight, not to the exact multiple of 24 hours since the Leader logged out.)

what if i don't have a successor? does it still take the 45 days for the officers? or is it 35 days for the officers to usurp?

Answered in previous post (and another reason to change current wording). Officers can usurp on day 45.

ok, thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    There’s been a bit of confusion over the changes to Kinships since the release of Mines of Moria™. So here is the definitive information all Kinship Leaders or potential leaders need to know.

When will my Kinship earn the next rank? What do we get for it?

Rank 1 - immediate - Kinship Chat - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 2 - 1 day (24h) - Message of the Day - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 3 - 4 days - Kinship-only Titles - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 4 - 10 days - Officer Chat - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 5 - 30 days - Kinship-only Mail - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 6 - 60 days - Kinship-only Auctions - Upto 1000 characters
    Rank 7 - 90 days - Kinship Housing - Upto 1200 characters
    Rank 8 - 180 days – Upto 1300 characters
    Rank 9 - 270 days – Upto 1400 characters
    Rank 10 - 360 days – Upto 1500 characters
    When will there be a ranking update? Nothing has changed since the beginning of LOTRO.

Usurping kinship leadership

That seems to be accurate. As a member, I was able to usurp leadership in 57th day after last login of our leader, so the 65th treshold is wrong.

Why is this post still stickied?

Minimum size of a Kinship now appears to 1 rather than 8?

Also, the Cherubina's Guide to Kinships. link is dead.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Amrundir View Post

XD lol'ed at this post + rep and cookies for this.

I would like to know what the minimum number of members to form a kin
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5968332UFpFk.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Jewl_of_the_lake View Post
    I would like to know what the minimum number of members to form a kin
    1 .

Since we're on the subject, does it still take 90 days to be able to purchase a Kin house?

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    Since we're on the subject, does it still take 90 days to be able to purchase a Kin house?
    Yes, you must be in a r7 kin.

With a minimun size of one I can start 8 kins. Can you buy a Kin House with all your toons?

Quote Originally Posted by Feoh View Post
    With a minimun size of one I can start 8 kins. Can you buy a Kin House with all your toons?
    I believe you can. But have you seen how crazy-expensive the housing storage is now?

Just coming back to the game and want to clarify :

You can now maintain a kinship with only 1 member?

The original post states 8. I looked it up on Turbine Support FAQ a it states that you need 8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2