We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: basic farming guide

Thanks for the guide! I just started farming last night and found this very helpful! :-)

When I go to the farming portion of the crafting box, it indicates I need a field to plant southlinch seed. I have not found that field. Where is it?

Location of all farming fields are listed as follow
    Staddle, Michel Delving this is in the southeast side of town above the auction house vendor hall, Oatbarton, and Hobbiton (superior fields are located in Hobbiton just north).
    All farming vendors are near the farming fields just have to look for them.
    Hobbiton farmland has both novice and expert farming vendors. Now your ready to start planting.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000081d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by reinfield View Post
    When I go to the farming portion of the crafting box, it indicates I need a field to plant southlinch seed. I have not found that field. Where is it?
    At each location listed above there are 3 types of fields, vegetable, grain and pipeweed. Search the different fields until it tells you that you are in the pipeweed field.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000bc65f/01001/signature.png]Shumgrin[/charsig]
    Shumgrin Guard/explorer Bookman, LM/Scholar; Phetchit, Gelt, and others:
    All that is required for evil to succeed is for good man to do nothing.

This guide is handy-dandy. Got a question though. There are some scholar dies that require a couple other farming-type items. Onion Skins, for instance, are used for Dark Green Dyes. Another item I've seen is a Juicy Blackberry or some such thing for Indigo Dyes.

Since the items above are not in your guide, where can they be found? Are they made by Cooks or some other profession?
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    This guide is handy-dandy. Got a question though. There are some scholar dies that require a couple other farming-type items. Onion Skins, for instance, are used for Dark Green Dyes. Another item I've seen is a Juicy Blackberry or some such thing for Indigo Dyes.

Since the items above are not in your guide, where can they be found? Are they made by Cooks or some other profession?
    When you harvest the field you have a chance of obtaining one of the ingredients. I know that Juicy Blackberry comes from blackberry fields and if memory isn't failling me the Onion Skin comes from green onion fields.

There are also a number of other drops:

Blackberry Honey - Used by cooks from BB fields again
    Juicy Strawberry - Scholars to make Red dye from strawberry fields
    Straw - Used by weaponsmiths for some hunter traps from Winter Barley fields, ummm I think and maybe some other grain fields. Memory is very very fuzzy on this one.
    Most if not all of the flowers fields have a chance for dye ingredients.
    Tea fields have a chance for XXXXX Tea leaves used by cooks for the IXP enhancement teas.

Certain I'm missing something but someone will be along and add probably.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04204000000017c34/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm having the darndest time finding the recipe for royal taters. The expert farmhand sells the seeds, but where are the recipes for the field and crop?
    Do they drop from mobs, or are they a quest item?

Royal Taters (and Tea and Mint) are the recipes you are granted when you ding Supreme Farming. Did you do the little quest at the craft hub to open tier 6?

Happy Crafting!
    Thalia, for Reacher
    Bubbie, for posterity
    Glyndis, because I needed an elf

Quote Originally Posted by thalialotr View Post
    Royal Taters (and Tea and Mint) are the recipes you are granted when you ding Supreme Farming. Did you do the little quest at the craft hub to open tier 6?

Happy Crafting!
    Thank you so much for the info!
    Nope, I never did that little quest, because I haven't gotten the recipes for tea or mint either.
    I'll have to run back to the craft hub and speak to the quest giver.
    My crafting will be much happier now. My characters are "meat and potatoes" kinds of folk!

10. Re: basic farming guide

Quote Originally Posted by Alyrian View Post
    Thank you so much for the info!
    Nope, I never did that little quest, because I haven't gotten the recipes for tea or mint either.
    I'll have to run back to the craft hub and speak to the quest giver.
    My crafting will be much happier now. My characters are "meat and potatoes" kinds of folk!
    Look for a "Master Craftsman" (there is one right next to the superior oven in MD) for the quest, you won't get it from the normal crafting NPC's and you have to have the first part of the master tier done to get the quest (which is just a book to read)
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Thanks folks,
    I rarely go up into the craft area, I'm mainly in the Mathom Society house or outstanding in my field. I completely missed seeing the little dood with the gold ring blazing away above his head..

Looked around a bit for any discussion of this but...

There is an Expert Farmhand in the crafting area of Emyn Lum in Mirkwood.

First off: why exactly? (Hmm maybe he sells some special Malladrhim farming recipe?)
    Secondly: Are there any superior farming fields other than north of Hobbiton?
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by thalialotr View Post

Happy Crafting!
    Yes! thats what I was looking for. o)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000071b7/01006/signature.png]Uadanna[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Secondly: Are there any superior farming fields other than north of Hobbiton?
    Yeah, next to the crafting area on the east side of Lorien.
    Along with an expert elven farmer resting in a chair.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000de08/01006/signature.png] Sunbelle[/charsig]Also Faerlynie Grd61; Helga Htr56; Gilglasun Htr55; Faeracar Wdn51; Yanamila Lmr36; Zharyl Min36, Lirsun Wdn31; Symliwen Min23; Sunlaer Htrr23; Tharel Chp22; Aethylwulf Grd17; Sunrian Lmr16 + the other accounts;play on Crickhollow, too.

bumping for new farmers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000081d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks! *bump*

Very helpful indeed to a new player like me.

I'm leveling a group of characters at once in order to make myself as independant as I possibly could. Obviously providing my own consumables had to be on the list and thanks to your guide I am happily farming away on my farming alt so I can supply my cooking alt who is feeding my main as he adventures along!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001a921c/01003/signature.png]Panicthalion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Khayyam View Post
    Very helpful indeed to a new player like me.

I'm leveling a group of characters at once in order to make myself as independent as I possibly could. Obviously providing my own consumables had to be on the list and thanks to your guide I am happily farming away on my farming alt so I can supply my cooking alt who is feeding my main as he adventures along!
    Good idea. But you need to get your cook and other crafters to level 20 so they can be taken into areas where they can pick up the items need to advance to Master level. Your farmer could be level 1 and a Supreme Master Farmer. )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000de08/01006/signature.png] Sunbelle[/charsig]Also Faerlynie Grd61; Helga Htr56; Gilglasun Htr55; Faeracar Wdn51; Yanamila Lmr36; Zharyl Min36, Lirsun Wdn31; Symliwen Min23; Sunlaer Htrr23; Tharel Chp22; Aethylwulf Grd17; Sunrian Lmr16 + the other accounts;play on Crickhollow, too.

This is great! Farming is slow but well worth it. I am also trying to be as self-sufficient as possible with my alts. This was the missing piece. Now, I'm practically my own guild!

How do I recommend something for a sticky and have you also tried posting this in the Lore Guide?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000182d81/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

yeah i did and i failed i think not sure. i tried to put in lore book but i don't understand these things. darn computers they're sooo naughty.

21. Re: basic farming guide

Quote Originally Posted by ekimocyc View Post
    yeah i did and i failed i think not sure. i tried to put in lore book but i don't understand these things. darn computers they're sooo naughty.
    I put it in the lorebook for you so we wouldn't lose a valuable resource.
    I tried to keep it pretty much as you had written it but added in some things that others had mentioned in the thread.

If you want to make changes, just click the edit tag and if you use the rich editor you should pick it up pretty quick but if you need help, just pm me and I will get back to you.

Neel Sweetleaf's Guide to Farming

Good job
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

thank you.

Just curious, but how long does it take fields to mature? In other words, how long do I have to stand there before the fields are ready to harvest?

Planting a field is a base 10-15 second induction timer. Once the timer is complete and the field planted, it's immediately available to harvest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001df87a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Morvelaira View Post
    Planting a field is a base 10-15 second induction timer. Once the timer is complete and the field planted, it's immediately available to harvest.
    Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast