We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post basic farming guide

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Neel_...ide_to_Farming

here is link to the new and improved farming guide with updated changes.

deleted my original since it was outdated.

thank you.
    Last edited by ekimocyc; Nov 17 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Re: basic farming guide

if you missed it on the first post

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Neel_...ide_to_Farming
    Last edited by ekimocyc; Nov 17 2011 at 12:01 PM.

thank you lithrael for all your work on redoing my original guide. you did a very awesome job.
    Last edited by ekimocyc; Nov 17 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekimocyc View Post
    Strawberries:
    rare: juicy strawberries
    use: pink paint
    Juicy strawberries are also used for Red Dye.

thanks and added.

question: does it matter how many fields you plant at once? Another guide I just read said if you plant more than 5 they will start disappearing bfore you harvest. Is that true? Just picked up farming and found your guide to be very helpful and informative. Thanks!

I usually stand in one spot, plant a field, rotate 90 degrees and plant another field, rotate 90 degrees and plant another field and then once more so that I have four fields planted at which point I harvest the first one planted then the others in order of planting. Even if I get distracted in Kin chat, I have not had a field decay on me before I could harvest it. A fifth field might be pushing it but 4 presents no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EATENG300 View Post
    question: does it matter how many fields you plant at once? Another guide I just read said if you plant more than 5 they will start disappearing bfore you harvest. Is that true? Just picked up farming and found your guide to be very helpful and informative. Thanks!
    The fields stay for a set period of time. If you don't harvest in that set period of time, they die.
    I believe the maximum number of fields you can plant before you harvest is really dependent on the quality of your farming tools. Better tools make for faster planting, so you can plant more fields before they start dying.

I, for one, plant and harvest one at a time.
    Yes, it's kind of boring, but I use the time to toss about witty banter in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by EATENG300 View Post

i plant in one spot use an iron farming tool and use del then U to harverst.

and thank you very much glad it helped you.

I usually plant 5 fields at a time. I've found that to be optimum between harvesting and planting. I plant the fields right on top of each other and then wait for each one to go away after they're harvested before I move to the next one. Your cursor will change when the next field is ready.

Anymore than 5, I've not really been able to get to harvest them.

bump........

I plant 5 to 6 at time and rotate a few degrees so they are not stacked completely on each other. It makes it easier to harvest and quicker too as you don't have to hunt around as much to find an active crop. The timing is about right for superior steel farming tools but it is better with the higher level farming tools.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000de08/01006/signature.png] Sunbelle[/charsig]Also Faerlynie Grd61; Helga Htr56; Gilglasun Htr55; Faeracar Wdn51; Yanamila Lmr36; Zharyl Min36, Lirsun Wdn31; Symliwen Min23; Sunlaer Htrr23; Tharel Chp22; Aethylwulf Grd17; Sunrian Lmr16 + the other accounts;play on Crickhollow, too.

I find that the best way to do it is plant 6 at a time. What you do is in the options menu, select auto-matic loot all. Then plant all 6 on top of each other and once you finish number 6 use the Delete key to select the field an U-key to use it. I find this to work rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrit View Post
    I find that the best way to do it is plant 6 at a time. What you do is in the options menu, select auto-matic loot all. Then plant all 6 on top of each other and once you finish number 6 use the Delete key to select the field an U-key to use it. I find this to work rather well.
    Yes. This by far the best way to do it. Allows much more afk time during farming. Everyone that is not using Delete+U+Loot All should start today.

Saffron Thread is also used for Yellow Enamals that Scholars make for RuneKeepers.

This guide was excellent! Thank you! I just rolled a cook and was wondering about farming with another alt. Now I know what to expect.

What would it take to get this stickied? I stumbled across it linked in another thread.

thank you. and as for sticky ask patience? i am pretty mad though i haven't got a forum title for this guide. guess i should get my pitchfork but frak that i rather farm smoke eat drink anyway.

bump and pray for sticky. please. /beg

*BUMP*

This was a great help. I knew when I planted 15 fields and didn't get them all I wasn't just crazy. The next time it happened the light bulb went on that 5 was pretty much all that could be done at a time. This very important information should be in the farming guide you get when becoming a farmer because it's different than other crafts.

Also thanks for the delete + U tip! Anything to speed things up.

Sticky, please!

bumping to keep guide up for new farmers. please sticky mod or someone take this and guide it or get me recognition for this guide anyway just bumping to new farmers.hehe

Great Post. Very Informative and Concise. Very Helpful.
    Many Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this. I just planted my first field this morning and afterwards I wasn't even sure I did it right! Apparently I did!

glad that my little guide has helped out our new farming brethren. now if i could get some recognition for it like some cool forum title.

bump for the guides to stay together for all new farmers. need sticky !!

Good info here, thanks for putting it together.
    Just spent the last 2 evenings leveling to Master Expert.

need sticky please. :-)
    [url]www.geekbehindthelens.com[/url]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast