We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mounted combat beyond Level 82

I wonder if someone could tell me if it's possible to progress beyond Level 82 without doing mounted combat?

Try as I might, I just can't get the hang of it, and wonder if I should just accept that 82 is my limit? I always solo so have never expected to be able to get very much higher anyway!

It's not the end of the world if it is, as I have several Alts at level 50 and below so I'm still enjoying Middle Earth!

Thanks

4 Garden Street, Stachet, Bree-Lands, Arkenstone
    Yes, but sometimes it is difficult. I just hit 100, (and I solo too) and I only ever did mounted combat if it was absolutely necessary. If I could skip it, or do it by regular combat, I did. On some of the quests I could do them standing still, while the mounted mobs ran around on their horses, because I play a Lore-Master who has some ranged attacks and a pet that will run after the mounted mobs and wear them down. Getting through Rohan is tough, but it is possible. On the plus side, once I got into Gondor, I didn't find any quests that were obviously geared toward mounted combat (granted, I'm only as far as Lebinnin right now, so who knows what will happen once I get to Minas Tirith....fingers crossed).

Stick with it if you can and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarsky14 View Post
    I wonder if someone could tell me if it's possible to progress beyond Level 82 without doing mounted combat?

Try as I might, I just can't get the hang of it, and wonder if I should just accept that 82 is my limit? I always solo so have never expected to be able to get very much higher anyway!

It's not the end of the world if it is, as I have several Alts at level 50 and below so I'm still enjoying Middle Earth!

Thanks
    Mounted combat sucks if you have any lag at all. Also many classes are much weaker mounted than they are on foot. (Both in morale and in dps).

A few suggestions-

At 85 build a second age bridle and get your bridle relics -it eats lots of shards and is a pain at first, but you can remove them with a relic removal scroll, and reuse them on your level hundred bridle when you get there. A decent bridle really helps and second age symbols are pretty common. They are often given away for free

Start levelling trash lis for shards and making crafted relics for shards, now. Bridle relics need to be melded.

Here is a nice thread on bridle relics. The same author has sections on war horse bridle legacies, too. http://warsteeds.com/2012/a-look-at-...part-3-relics/

Max agility and endurance first on most types of horses/bridles (i don't play melee heavies so the their advice could be different.)

Fight on foot when you can-which as the previous posters says is most of Rohan. There are a couple of difficult quests that appear to require mounted combat but even these can be done on foot at a slightly higher level by most classes.

Please Don't let mounted combat stop you levelling. It will all be over soon. And warhorses are fast transport on open landscape.

My main is a level 92 minstrel.

I think I've only used my war steed when you have to when you're trained how to use it.

Other than that, so far, I've been able to kill mounted enemies on my own two feet.

I hated mounted combat so that's probably a large portion of why mini is my favorite class.