We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Introduceing the Elendilmir Freep PvMP Guide [WIP]

What a great guide Pheryllt ....you gotta love wiki type formats...the most user friendly to use for a complete document or reference...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003a8e/01008/signature.png]Eleofu[/charsig]

Amazing work there! Gratz and kudos to all that have contributed to this and to Pherrylt for making it all happen!

I just want to thank everyone for the kind words that people have replied with here and also the numerous private messages directly to me, I'm just glad the project took off and was understood for what it is.

If anyone is interested in writing their own section this link helps A LOT in formatting text.

Wiki Formating Cheetsheet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet
    [FONT=system][B]Stundot!™[/B][/FONT]

Elendilmir Freep PvMP Guide Update

Being Vocally decisive

The first part of being Vocally decisive is being Vocal

Your voice needs to be clear. Your voice needs to be precise. If people cant understand you - hear you - they will not follow you. And it has nothing to do with what would be construed as insubordination on their part when you ask something to be done, and its not carried out. 75% of the time its because they cannot hear you. This can range from audio medium you are using (Ventrello|InGame Voice) and the levels of said medium, on their end or possibly on your end, they may not even be playing with their speakers turned on.

First thing to do when taking over a raid, or starting a raid after the initial gathering of the forces" say something similar to the following.

***For those that can hear me, and understand me click the "NO" button on the Following "Ready Check" dialouge.***

then type /ra /readycheck then hit enter

This will weed out those that are either not paying attention, or simply cannot hear you. Immediately take care of this until you know for sure you are on the same level as ever one in terms of communications. It will a ton of headaches when the battle picks up and need to call a Charge/Retreat command and half do and the other half don't.

The second half is being Decisive.

Orders need to be given, and need to be given quick. In a good fight, decisions are made swiftly without being careless (don't confuse careless wih risky). This requires studying, listening, and understanding both sides. Understanding your perspective, understanding your raids perspective, and understanding the oppositions perspective.

Nice guide.
    good job

Yeah, great job guys.

Good to see where i can improve.

Cool it's sticked! ty

Stickied! Awesome!

Unforunately I haven't had time to finish work on a couple of my sections.

Things for me will hopefully slow down next week and I'll be able to finish those.
    [B][COLOR=red][COLOR=Orange][COLOR=White][COLOR=Green][COLOR=Red][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000f92b7/01007/signature.png]Nestareon[/charsig]
    Nestaron [COLOR=White]- CHP | [/COLOR][/COLOR]Nestarion[/COLOR] - HNT | [COLOR=Orange]Lithaldoren[/COLOR] - MIN | [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Nestareon [/COLOR]- RK[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=PaleGreen]
    [URL="http://www.lotrofreeps.com/"]FreepSpeak - No Registration Required[/URL]
    [/COLOR]

yay to sticky!!!
    here is the TR attack/defense. edit it to ur liking.

-Kriptic

Attacking: Three to four different strategic points for attacking this keep: Goldies fight, TR-TR West fight, TR south Anca rock fight. Goldies fight: Great attacking position because you have bears and Goldie at your back, and further retreat spot of OR. Disadvantage is the ability of creeps to flank you from Poor TR mapping point, or from Eagle's Pass. TR-TR West HS fight: Good attacking position but you do not have any NPCs for back up except for the HS and EC. Position is better if LC belongs to you for retreat position. TR South & Anca rock: Great position if you're out numbered greatly. The rez point of GV is very close and you have NPCs that keeps the creeps incombat. Disadvantage is the open ground which allows creeps to spread out. Anca rock or TR 'clif' is great point if you have enough hunters.

Inside TR: Best way to take the keep is to pull the tyrant and kill him in the middle level of the keep. The exit plans for this keep is on the top floor east side.

Defending: Protect the first hallway as much as possible, and the creeps will mostly attack from V rock or flank from north/south side. If that fails, protect the second hallway to the stairs. After that defend the top of the stairs with AOE and tar. Last defense is in the CG room gate. If you have oil, defend the first hallway and if the creeps charge in, have your light armor people stand on oil and stay in the hallway. Try to keep the creeps in small area where they can't spread out and the freep AOE is most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking782 View Post
    yay to sticky!!!
    here is the TR attack/defense. edit it to ur liking.

-Kriptic

Attacking: Three to four different strategic points for attacking this keep: Goldies fight, TR-TR West fight, TR south Anca rock fight. Goldies fight: Great attacking position because you have bears and Goldie at your back, and further retreat spot of OR. Disadvantage is the ability of creeps to flank you from Poor TR mapping point, or from Eagle's Pass. TR-TR West HS fight: Good attacking position but you do not have any NPCs for back up except for the HS and EC. Position is better if LC belongs to you for retreat position. TR South & Anca rock: Great position if you're out numbered greatly. The rez point of GV is very close and you have NPCs that keeps the creeps incombat. Disadvantage is the open ground which allows creeps to spread out. Anca rock or TR 'clif' is great point if you have enough hunters.

Inside TR: Best way to take the keep is to pull the tyrant and kill him in the middle level of the keep. The exit plans for this keep is on the top floor east side.

Defending: Protect the first hallway as much as possible, and the creeps will mostly attack from V rock or flank from north/south side. If that fails, protect the second hallway to the stairs. After that defend the top of the stairs with AOE and tar. Last defense is in the CG room gate. If you have oil, defend the first hallway and if the creeps charge in, have your light armor people stand on oil and stay in the hallway. Try to keep the creeps in small area where they can't spread out and the freep AOE is most effective.
    Gotcha man, Ill add you in.

Keep them comming people....jsut cause theres a sticky dont mean this is over with!!!

just thought id add some info for the hunters.

crafted traps are you best friend out there, particularly strong traps. ALL crafted traps except tripwires (not sure about lure traps but who cares about them) can be used in combat.

When soloing, low cut and run to a safe distance. drop a strong trap and you have 8seconds to unload as much damage as possible. Its actually amusing watching a reaver charge at you and get trapped and burn through pots etc because they have no idea what just happened. It also causes reavers to second guess running through a raid.

Being stuck for 8seconds with 24 people beating on you WILL reduce the reaver charges/wargs jumping the minstrels.

So hunters get some crafted traps

-Hal

Thanks, I will be making some additions and edits today, Ill be including this as well.

If you would them removed, or edited, please let me know and Ill make the corrections.

Berilac

Button

Faegrim

Kriptic

Reddaevel

steveo-27

nu13wun

Wardell

Quote Originally Posted by steveo-27 View Post
    just thought id add some info for the hunters.

crafted traps are you best friend out there, particularly strong traps. ALL crafted traps except tripwires (not sure about lure traps but who cares about them) can be used in combat.

When soloing, low cut and run to a safe distance. drop a strong trap and you have 8seconds to unload as much damage as possible. Its actually amusing watching a reaver charge at you and get trapped and burn through pots etc because they have no idea what just happened. It also causes reavers to second guess running through a raid.

Being stuck for 8seconds with 24 people beating on you WILL reduce the reaver charges/wargs jumping the minstrels.

So hunters get some crafted traps

-Hal
    Yah Hal is right on point here. I keep stacks of inevitables and triple on me at all times. So much fun to catch a reaver trying to beat on u. Key in all 1v1 situations. When we have a group of mine all loaded up with traps... It can have a big effect on the battle or fight.

Hotspots section removed. Outposts section completed

I read over the Freep manual. And while it's an excellent resource, it's still outdated in quite a few areas. Specifically, the class sections are still based upon SoA traits/mechanics.

One of the greatest problems that I see in the 'Moors these days is that many people really don't know how to or choose not to play their class to its greatest strengths. Namely, Champs spec'ing for ST DPS in a raid, Minstrels/RKs choosing not to heal, Captains/Guards going for DPS instead of buffs etc., Hunters not using enough of their CC/Tracking capabilities, etc. etc.

If we want to grow and become more skilled as a whole on the Freepside, then we need to play more cohesively and implement our classes' together. This whole new mode of 'zerging' while ungrouped is lazy, devoid of any skill, and easily countered. While there's nothing wrong with solo'ing and small group play, we need to take the initiative to organize and fight like we used to in the past.

So, over the next day or two I will begin to draft a re-write of the Champion section. What we need is for others to contribute to the other sections as well. Given that we've lost a lot of Veterans and numbers overall, we need to encourage and train newer players to the best of our collective abilities.

Even if you have only a few ideas about the class that you'd like to share, post them here or in another thread. You may always ask for feedback, and there's plenty of knowledgeable and helpful Freeps that can advise you as such.

So, Freepies, start jotting down those thoughts and let's elevate our gameplay to a higher level.

Awesome sounds good. And yes I know a lot of the info is still outdated, however updating the manual on my own is a bit of a....overwhelming task.

Along with the Leadership program write up I'm putting into it, Ill also be updating the Lore Master role for the guide as well.

Thanks for your interest in helping.

I'm actually thinking about talking to Clover about getting the name changed to the 'Freep Manual' and opening it up to the community more by posting it on the Monster Play forums, would prolly then be able to get it stickyed there as well i result.

Once its fully up-to-date Ill look into it moor

Thanks for the Guide, I have spent some time in the moors, and still learned plenty. Good work all.

Do Freeps read beyond the Stun Root Mezz Root Stun section????

Last edited by RIG0R; Aug 25 2009 at 04:49 AM.

Geez that's a whole lot of work put into something relativly pointless; everyone know's LOTRO pvp is fail, don't know what in the world would make someone spend so much time on something so stupid O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyboy View Post
    Geez that's a whole lot of work put into something relativly pointless; everyone know's LOTRO pvp is fail, don't know what in the world would make someone spend so much time on something so stupid O.o
    That was really constructive...

...kinda like saying "Oregon is dumb, I don't know why anyone would live there."

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyboy View Post
    In the words of Minor Threat.

You say I make no difference.........At least Im ****ing trying. What the **** have you done?

Oh thats right, nothing. Go back to your servers forums to troll
    Last edited by Ginko; Oct 26 2009 at 11:00 PM.

You misspelled introducing.
    For such a detailed guide, it's beyond me how you let that one through. lawl
    [b]Active: [color=DarkTurquoise]Vb R9 Burglar - Beardd Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! R6 Champion[/color] [color=DarkGray] ~ [/color]
    [color=BurlyWood] Stickyeye R9 BA Of Serious Face - Irontusk R7 [color=royalblue]Blue Dot[/color] Faceroller Of Mountain Goats (Landy)[/color][/b]

Great Guide!

I'm assuming the guardian part of the guide was made in SoA :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000005ce4/signature.png]Gloinfastisback[/charsig]
    Gloinfast - rank 11 dwarf Paladin - Brandywine
    Gloinfastisback - rank 4 Ranger - Riddermark
    Cudspitter - Rank 5 Warlock
    Bowdowntogloinfast - Rank 4 Rogue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast