We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cursor Visibility

Can we get someone at Turbine to respond to this issue, please. It remains frustrating for many of us. Is there any reply from the Valar? Should we leave lembas outside the door or behind the monitor?
    [I][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Laughter chases the shadows away.[/COLOR][/I]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j4DqNi7.jpg[/IMG]

I am starting to get pretty sick and tired of not being able to adjust my cursor size. I'm starting to get a little older, and my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be. Right now the game get's pretty close to being unplayable for me because I can't find the friggin cursor right when I need to the most.
    I came back to this game from Vanguard because of the storyline and the lore, but if I can't play the game because of a simple, stupid thing like a cursor being visible to me, then what is the point in giving Turbine my money anylonger?
    You guys at Turbine have had plenty of time to fix this issue, and it seems to be a very popular idea with the playerbase. It really needs to be fixed so that all of us can enjoy the game. Not allowing us to change the size of our cursor makes things very tough for those of us that cannot see well.
    Sunflower
    Burglar Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel View Post
    The disappearing cursor bug only aggravates the problem.
    There's a disappearing cursor bug?

*shocked look*

I thought that was just my eyesight going bad....

Now to find those past Raid Leaders that yelled at me for making it up....

I remain,
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000018f41c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][i][COLOR=green]"Treat every lover as your first, every meal as your last..."[/COLOR][/i][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=grey]Twitter: ErikrDarksinger[/color][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][color=grey]FaceBook: Erik Darksinger[/color][/center]

Yes. This needs to be fixed. Getting a bit tired of how minor, (probably) easily fixed issues like this are never even addressed by Turbine, despite the pages and pages of complaints.

i just got the problem today. There must have been an update somewhere that caused the problem since the game worked great 'till now. This really is an issue that makes the game unplayable and Turbine isn't doing a thing to fix it?

If you're reading this and the mouse pointer visibility is affecting your play, note that Turbine is asking today for input on UI improvements in the "Tell the Community Team" survey thingy.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Quote Originally Posted by hardsell View Post
    I just did a search on cursors and there are 7 pages of posts and about 5 threads titled something like "Can't see cursor"

there are several mentions of the cursor trail but that stops when the cursor is motionless and there were a few posts saying people were laggy when it was on (I certainly am, so cursor trail option wouldn't work for me)

You can enlarge the cursor start-> control panel-> mouse-> pointers-> scheme-> in the drop down menu there are large and extra large versions available, and while this helps me a lot in general, they do not last past the lotro loading pages; my giant hourglass turns to that teeny cusor

BUT

on the next tab under mouse called pointer options if you check Show location of cursor when I press the CTRL key you can PING your cursor

this works GREAT

and this also works at some of those movie sites where your cursor disappears you can ping it ti minimize page close player etc

if you also have low vision and/or are functionally blind try firefox with the lowbrowse add on to help read web pages
    You're a legend Hardsell! I had that problem. It was my windows setting where the cursor left mouse trails. Once I turned that off, I could see my cursor in full screen mode (otherwise I had to set the game in windowed mode to see the cursor, which I hated).

It's great when there are people in a game which post useful and helpful stuff like this!

With the pruning coming 6-1-10 just wanted this post to survive as the ping method still seems about the best way to find that teeny cursor...

Totally agree... I lose the cursor all the time cause of smallness. What I find especially agro inducing is that there IS NO RESPONSE FROM DEVS or anyone at Turbine on this. I too was so happy to upgrade to a decent graphics card and screen... I have resized the toolbar and quickslots, but can't see the ^&*(())&*( cursor.

Come on, a response to such a posted about issue would be appropriate customer support.

I'm running LOTRO on 3828x1920 (3600x1920 with bezel mgmt) and have the disappearing cursor problem. The game will hide the cursor while mounted and doesn't always give it back. If I exit the game, the cursor will still be gone or garbled from whatever monitor was having the issue in game. Usually restarting the game will take care of it but sometimes it requires an entire computer reboot.

Still wish we could change this...
    "what do you mean you survived that mob? ReRoll you should of died"

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000018020b/01000/signature.png]Anigumwrich[/charsig]

No doubt it should be changed, but in the meantime, if you are losing the cursor primarily on FMs, save yourself a lot of headaches and remap the Number Pads 8, 6, 2, 4, and 5 to mirror your conjunction wheel. It is easy to do and you will hit FMs much much faster. Your fellowship will thank you for it.

For those of you on laptops, I know a lot of people remap their arrow keys for the same thing.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

In control panel:

1. turn off mouse trails
    2. select Windows standard scheme if an Aero scheme is currently selected.

I stopped playing LotRO, because my eyes are getting bad and I need very LARGE cursor. I changed my Windows settings to get the largest available, but now in LotRO my cursor has vanished completely. So, until they can get this fixed, I'll play (and pay) someplace else. And don't tell me the game is free, they have a cash shop, don't they?

Supposedly they are looking into this as part of the Lua interface customizability functionality introduced with the last update. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but it's great that a significant number of people have registered complaints, and Turbine has a good record of fixing underperforming elements of the game over the long term based on player feedback. Have you tried things like tweaking the brightness and contrast? Changing your ambient lighting and/or display? Good luck finding something else that's more fun for you to play.

Might as throw out my horrible attempt at fixing this via a lua script. It'll throw a colored circle around the mouse cursor any time it stops moving - you can set the delay before the circle shows up, size, color. There's also a command to toggle it, so you can make an alias and hotkey the thing.

This should help if you're having trouble finding the cursor while it's not moving. If you're having problems tracking the cursor while it is moving, this won't do anything to help that, although it may help you find it again once you've stopped moving it.

Honestly, I have no idea if it'll help, since I can't actually do usability testing, and I'm basing this off of stuff I remember about human vision from all of the HCI courses... that I haven't taken.

This looks nice Moebius. Thanks for putting this up! This should help some people a little bit. I plan to use it, and definitely when I'm on my widescreen TV. My feedback would be that I felt the need for something weightier. So I went off and tried to modify the image of the circle to something more bold. I posted the basic, first-try results on my fanpage since I can't deal with these forums.

http://randkline.com/LotROMain.html

EDIT: I replaced the individal TGA images with a zip file since the download stopped working.
    Last edited by Silverangel; Nov 02 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Fixed download.

Unhappy Re: Cursor Visibility

Here's another request to add capability to resize and/or change the mouse cursor color.

Exclamation Re: Cursor Visibility

This has been an issue for a while with me, glad to see I'm not the only person that has trouble losing the cursor. I am mostly a keyboard player but when a CJ pops up I have to scramble to find the mouse cursor. PLEASE Turbine, for the love of my sanity, implement this
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000306552/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Azrafael View Post
    This has been an issue for a while with me, glad to see I'm not the only person that has trouble losing the cursor. I am mostly a keyboard player but when a CJ pops up I have to scramble to find the mouse cursor. PLEASE Turbine, for the love of my sanity, implement this
    You can bind the CJ buttons to keys, of course. The 4 arrow keys mapped to the CJ wheel is a popular choice.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Angry Bump

Still an issue... Why can we change cursor size or color?

Hey turbine! Just use the windows cursor settings and kill your custom cursor.

Lightbulb

Seems that something have been worked already for a couple years about this issue. I hope this ease lot of players difficulties.

Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2