We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cursor Visibility

Is there any way to modify the size or visibility of the LotRO cursor? I just upgraded to a 42" HD LCD display, and the game looks great, except I have a lot of trouble seeing my cursor in very high resolution. Non-sizable bags and crafting windows, etc. I can cope with, but the cursor is affecting my play and giving me eye strain. The disappearing cursor bug only aggravates the problem.

I've searched and all I find is other threads and people with the same complaint. Is there any solution possible for this, or has it been discussed?
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Re: Cursor Visibility

The cursor like many other items is a fixed size dot pattern. The higher you set the resolution the smaller this element becomes. There is no resizing available.

I do not recall seeing a Turbine response on this issue. There is UI rewrite underway for Mines of Moria. No information available as to what we are going to get.

The only things you can do are:
    1) Lower the resolution
    2) Sit closer to the screen
    3) Get a bigger screen
    4) Get magnifying glasses

Lol. Right now I'm laying in bed about 6 feet from a 42" screen. It's doable...just not optimal. I'll hold out hope for something from Moria. Until then, maybe I need some gnome goggles. Thanks much for the rundown, Yula. (Edit- I meant mouse pointer, not the chat box cursor, to be clear.)
    Last edited by Silverangel; Aug 28 2008 at 07:08 AM.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Losing the cursor causes me issues in combat sometimes.. I go to click a button and cant see/find the cursor right away. I wish I could change its size, but just being able to make it a crazy color so its more visible would be nice.

I really hope that we can adjust the size of the cursor like we can other UI elements. In the snow, in a crowded battle, in a raid formation that little thing is hard to see. And finding it while you are being beaten on is not fun. Please can this small thing be improved?

i am not able to see my mouse when i play it, my cursor just vanishes and i cant fgure out the problem, anyone know why its doing this?
    Last edited by braves95; Oct 24 2008 at 01:38 PM.

Bump please. This seems such a simple enhancement to solve a lot of player frustration.

I'd like to have the option to change either the cursor color, or size. Either (or both) would be great. When I'm in combat, either DPS'ing, or trying to heal, someone I sometimes lose the cursor in all the chaos. I've got all the important buttons assigned to the 1 to = range, and even a programmable keyboard, but just a color change option would be great!

Happy New Year!

This is long overdue! We can chang everything else in the UI, why not mouse pointers!?
    [CENTER][COLOR=royalblue][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000000115e/01003/signature.png]Vulcan[/charsig]
    Vulcan - Captain of Gondor [B][COLOR=#4169e1]since Beta 1[/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=43735"][COLOR=sandybrown]Captain Tank/Defensive Build[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.theempires.com"][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=green][B]Empire of Elendilmir[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Bump bump. This needs attention.

Hmmmm, looking around for a solution to this problem and all I find is a lot of other
    people with the same issue over multiple forums.

Couple months away from a 1 year anniversary on this post.

Bump

same, i lose my pointer in the fights sometimes to, perhaps a glowy outline option or somethin?
    Illiana, Champion of the Dale, Smasher of things.
    Elinadel - Hunter , Bellowyn - Guardian , Anastawen - Sith Lord
    [url]www.sonsofgondor.net[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000e75bd/01008/signature.png]Bellowyn[/charsig]

I just did a search on cursors and there are 7 pages of posts and about 5 threads titled something like "Can't see cursor"

there are several mentions of the cursor trail but that stops when the cursor is motionless and there were a few posts saying people were laggy when it was on (I certainly am, so cursor trail option wouldn't work for me)

You can enlarge the cursor start-> control panel-> mouse-> pointers-> scheme-> in the drop down menu there are large and extra large versions available, and while this helps me a lot in general, they do not last past the lotro loading pages; my giant hourglass turns to that teeny cusor

BUT

on the next tab under mouse called pointer options if you check Show location of cursor when I press the CTRL key you can PING your cursor

this works GREAT

and this also works at some of those movie sites where your cursor disappears you can ping it ti minimize page close player etc

if you also have low vision and/or are functionally blind try firefox with the lowbrowse add on to help read web pages

bump

I agree this is long overdue. I always lose my cursor (running 1920x1200), game looks great, but sometimes during hectic fight or when RK casts that snowstorm, i cannot find it. Its especially annoying when you have to click the target for a CJ, you lose precious time in getting your contribution in.

Yes please allow us to change the color and size of the cursor.

Definately give us something.

It is bad enough as an (off) healer class when you need to hit the conjunction spiral to bring up the two choices you are allowed as you were not focussed on the mob at the time... but then to actually need to find that teeny tiny thin sword shaped cursor to press that spiral?

OMG.

Exclamation Re: Cursor Visibility

As cool as this game is, it's really hard to justify paying for it if an issue like constantly losing your pointer in the grass is ignored... I want an option to adjust it now please!! Not when Mirkwood comes or the cows do. ... I'm really close to cancelling my subscription. Will do so if Mirkwood comes theres no change.

I agree! Lost cursor is not unusual and needs to be fixed.
    I would rather be silly than grumpy.

The cursor disappears when I do a mouselook. Please leave it on at all times. Yes, there will be people who complain if you make the mouse always visible - they always will complain about any change. It breaks common-sense rules of ergonomics to have it disappear.

Please stop manipulating the mouse position - it should be where we, the users, decide to put it.

I currently am running in windowed mode, and am unable to position my game window. The game keeps taking control of the mouse when I try to drag the window via the title bar. I can now only view a tiny corner of my game window, and have no ability to position the window in the center of my screen. Also, when I'm in the game and try to move the cursor outside the game window, the game itself yanks the cursor back in. Please - don't mess with our mouse cursor position - let us put it where we want.

And yes, we need a much larger cursor (or at least I do).

I'm getting older and so are my eyes, heh.

I'm running in 1600x1200 windowed mode.

I frequently lose the cursor and would like to make it larger, colour it and change it's shape.

Thank you.

My cursor disappears, as well...especially when a conjunction pops up. I try to use keyboard shortcuts, but am much more of a mouse user, so this becomes frustrating and sometimes causes me to miss a conj., a heal, or last stand or something else vital.

Please make it customizable.

I also would like to alter the cursor shape/size/color. I'm constantly losing it. People have died on my watch because I couldn't find the cursor.

Maybe if it's about 3x larger and hot pink, I won't lose it, lol
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Please Please ... LOTRO ... Fix this problem , Losing my pointer is a major problem for me

I just got an expensive new computer and had high hopes of having an entirely new and beautiful LOTRO experience.

Instead I can't see the cursor AT ALL. Basically I can't select my skills, much less move a slider on the options panels. This is terrible. There have been many months of complaints about this and no fix???

The game is unplayable for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000040133/01008/signature.png]Ardeth[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]Ardeth --75 minstrel; Mirianor--75 RK; Philippa--75 captain;[/CENTER][CENTER]Brynna--68 burg; Ellaril--72 hunter; Irulan--67 loremaster[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

every other MMO i have played has an option to use hardware or software cursors. this has cleared up this issue in every other game.

please fix this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast