We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

level 100 crafting recipes armor & weapons

OK I saw a kinmate showing lvl 100 armor he just made. He said the recipes dropped for him. So Ive literally gotten hundreds if not over a thousand recipe scrolls since gondor launched yet I havent had a single one drop for me. So where & how do you get these recipes for lvl 100 socketed armor?
    As soon as they idiot proof something, the others send in some slack-jawed, drooling stooge to gum up the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Puravidaman View Post
    OK I saw a kinmate showing lvl 100 armor he just made. He said the recipes dropped for him. So Ive literally gotten hundreds if not over a thousand recipe scrolls since gondor launched yet I havent had a single one drop for me. So where & how do you get these recipes for lvl 100 socketed armor?
    I haven't seen any level 100 armor recipes drop but I have seen some level 100 essence armor drop( a couple 3-slot Pieces) . You can get the essence 4-sloted armor from a vendor in Dol Amroth for Gold/Silver Tokens. And you can barter for the essence recipes there also. Both vendors are near the court of the Fount in Dol Amroth.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    I haven't seen any level 100 armor recipes drop but I have seen some level 100 essence armor drop( a couple 3-slot Pieces) . You can get the essence 4-sloted armor from a vendor in Dol Amroth for Gold/Silver Tokens. And you can barter for the essence recipes there also. Both vendors are near the court of the Fount in Dol Amroth.
    Socketed armors with 4 slots also drop from mobs or chests in instances/skirmishes (skraids)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Socketed armors with 4 slots also drop from mobs or chests in instances/skirmishes (skraids)
    Yes i think i remember a couple purple pieces dropping. I got 1 piece of the Rift set dropped for me too. and a couple yellow pieces.The Teal I have only seen available from D.A. . The OP was talking about level 100 armor recipes and those i have not seen.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    The Teal I have only seen available from D.A.
    I got teal medium shoulders from skirmish raid, I believe it was 21st hall. Actually a friend got them and passed over for my hunter. It is the same piece as DA barter one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000ae313/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    I got teal medium shoulders from skirmish raid, I believe it was 21st hall. Actually a friend got them and passed over for my hunter. It is the same piece as DA barter one.
    That's good to know, so some people could get the Teal armor pieces without doing the daily D.A. quests. My main has completed all the D.A. quests/training/reputation etc.. but none of my alts are going through that. One toon was enough but now I know that there is a chance my alts could get some pieces without Dol Amroth in the picture.

has there been any info from the LOTRO team on crafting in the next releases?

Maybe its just me but.. (Ignoring Legendary Items ... )

Jeweler. Doesn't seem like much demand at level 100. Fangorn stuff requires to much grind to make it useful for making for someone else. The scaling stuff is readibly available on the market. Anything I can make seem just not worth it.

Tailor. pretty much in the same boat as my Jeweler. EXCEPT, the slotted stuff is really the high end.

Scholar. YEAH... I still have some value ... but the stuff I can make is devalued for level 100 characters since they have more of everything.

Metalsmith. Same as tailor.

Weaponsmith. The drops on the market are in such quantities and so much better than anything I can make .. forget it.

Cook. Same issue as scholar....

Woodworker. Same issue as Weaponsmith...

In summary, except for food, scrolls, potions and legendary stuff Crafters have no business once anyone gets to about 85. The quest stuff that you get just leveling to 100 is better than anything we can make.

We have been made irrelevant.

Was this by design, by accident, or are they planning to give us a reason for existence?

I know this sounds like a rant LOL!!! But I'm half hoping for some good news!! [Activate Hope +12]

BTW I have maxed jeweler, metalsmith, scholar and tailor ... I was/am working on my woodworker, cook and weaponsmith.
    “[I]It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway…[/I].” Eeyore
    “[I]But maybe it will have honey or even something better[/I]!!” -- Pooh

OK I could swear that a kinmate posted some crafted 100 lvl armor he just made but maybe he was kidding or mistaken or possibly even lying. Had me wondering what I was missing but maybe he was wrong.
    As soon as they idiot proof something, the others send in some slack-jawed, drooling stooge to gum up the works.

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    Jeweler.
    Hope tokens.

Tailor
    Cloaks. Yes, some crafted are still the best imo.

Scholar.
    Battle lore, crafting lore, consumables.

Metalsmith.
    Crafting tools.

Weaponsmith.
    Some pretty decent offhand weapons.

Cook.
    Consumables.

Woodworker.
    Offhand weapons, bows.

All can make LIs, crafted relics and essences. And crafted items are still mostly the best for leveling alts.
    I have 11 maxed westemnet guilded crafters, and I use them pretty much daily.

There is no variety as there used to be in game and we do lack lvl 100 recipes, but if you just take a look at loot tables, I say crafting is still worth it. 90% of lvl 100 drops are utterly pathetic.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000ae313/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I really hope that they are NOT going to stop with crafting recipes and start with these "essence items"! I refuse to grind and grind to get armor. I've worked very hard on my crafting and if they decide to go this way, it will be disastrous. Please, someone in charge put our minds at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    I really hope that they are NOT going to stop with crafting recipes and start with these "essence items"! I refuse to grind and grind to get armor. I've worked very hard on my crafting and if they decide to go this way, it will be disastrous. Please, someone in charge put our minds at ease.
    Because crafting requires no grind?
    In time it took me to equip 2 characters in full essence armor, I managed to get my new jeweler to hardly max T8 guild rep.

So you must be joking right? Because "essence items" require so much less "work" than crafting its not even funny.

I am not joking one bit. I would like to know when level 10 crafting recipes, level 100 recipes, are coming out. There was no mention at all during the Producers Letter.