We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Regarding Creep Transfers

Freep or Creep, transfers should make you lose all your rank. That'd make sure people wouldn't be abusing the transfer system to go around trying to take advantage of PvMP communities on other servers and you certainly wouldn't see whole tribes trying to leave their server rather than make their server better.
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"][B]Xavierdor[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 8 Level 75 Elf-Sapper - [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Xavierstan[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 6 Level 75 Captain - [COLOR="Orange"][B]Xavierlas[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 5 Level 62 Burglar - [COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Xavieredi[/B][/COLOR]: Level 50 Runekeeper
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Cortante[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 9 Reaver - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Akavier[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 7 Black Arrow - [B][COLOR="Olive"]Pounceasaurus Rex[/COLOR][/B]: Rank 5 Stalker - [B][COLOR="Yellow"]Lancio[/COLOR][/B]: Rank 5 Weaver[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by XavierVE1 View Post
    Freep or Creep, transfers should make you lose all your rank. That'd make sure people wouldn't be abusing the transfer system to go around trying to take advantage of PvMP communities on other servers and you certainly wouldn't see whole tribes trying to leave their server rather than make their server better.
    lol whats the point of transfering if you start over? If you are scared say so.

Eomin- "We went from 50 creeps to 85-90 overnight"
    So youre saying that 35-40 creeps transferd to your server? I thought it was like 4.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321301000009f9aa/signature.png]Arachnorexia[/charsig]

My dog is walking me or I'm stress testing my favorite chair :)

Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga227 View Post
    I'll agree with a good portion of this post Rancor. I did go back to my freep right before the transfers happened because I felt the balance in the moors was already beginning to shift back in the creeps favor. With that said, the sudden influx of creeps really through the moors out of whack. We went from 50 creeps to 85-90 overnight which was an eye opener. Were we prepared? Hell no, but did we deal with it? Yes, with the help of Cincinnatus and Button we really gave you guys a push for your money if you ask me. The freeps, though outnumbered, were the agressers nearly the whole night as we pushed Lug over and over, yea we wiped but its not the point. We got kills, took the keep, then ultimately died. Everything just takes a bit of time in getting used to. Give it a month, and it'll be normal.

In reguards to the idea of rotating servers for creeps, Idk I feel there are ways that freeps can get the numbers to fight fairly. One option is for us to organize Kinship alliances that take turns in the nights they go to the moors to assist. Getting 12-18 well oiled freeps out there do make an enormous difference.

- Eomin
    And that's why e was so refreshing... it wasn't a whine fest but a challenge. It was a real eye opener learning Lag Spike equals thunderous hooves!!!! And boy did we struggle with just surviving and we had a blast. I really feel the discussion from E members on this thread are very insightful and appropriate. There are real concerns about balance.

However:

The system is currently designed for Flux.

The system is setup for supply and demand factors... It is set up for people to govern the PvP. How many of you on E! like to roll the moors and camp the opposite side for hours and hours on end?

I imagine most of E does not because you want good pvp -- you want BATTLE! If that is the culture of a server, the pvp will adjust. You will have people flip sides to balance it out and so in time all is good. In addition you will attract players of such mind to your server.

Unfortunately there are cultures of pvp on other servers that want it to be the opposite. Too Pwn everyone and when the momentum is in freep favor instead of logging in on creeep? They get on their Freeps.

So what do you do when you try and try to create a positive PvP culture on your server for over a year. And to no avail you still have Tribes and Kins sharing the same vent. People with dual accounts having a toon on the opposite side spying?

SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... ................

Here's a pic of one of my first days on E! I so smiled

thanks for the pie!

Here is a common pic you can see on Vilya from a blatant dual account

What is a shame is we decided to move to E regardless of wether or not our creeps would transfer. Some of us rolled the same main so we would have a foot hold on our regular toon if transfers fell through. Many of us were on alts, let me tell you having us all green AND many of on other classes made a heck of challenge LOL

It was our last ditch effort that was ruined by poor policies of turbine and the constant harassment of few Villians... Those few Villians are loving all this and probably love that last pic.

-- boo

ps. this spying culture was hence the policies and the temporary tribe name of Freepless Knights.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=White][SIZE=1]The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I] [/CENTER]

I rolled a new creep, I was having so much fun i decided to let my since day 2 beta toon rest in peace.

Little greenyPuppy Scruppy went nigh night with all the other wargies. When he woke up he nuzzled in for some nummys. "wait whats this!!!!" a sock with a clock in it,a hot water bottle?? A gourd with a old glove on it? "Noooooooohowl those aren't puppy Scruppys tata's". Puppy Scruppy ran down to the middle of Grams the Tyrant called Scruppy over patted him on the head and gave him some bad news. Puppy Scruppy found a quite spot to Lay down, his big brown warggie eyes full of tears. "why did Turbine put my Mommy to sleep?"
    Malvic lvl50 LM- Norbid lvl33 Hunter
    Scruffy Leghumpper R6 (retired) Scruppy leghumpper E- Bogeth Boop "web deb de dead" R4 (unforgiven kids)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000cf920/signature.png]Scruppy[/charsig]

Thandreil prediction of what Creep transfers will bring:

Event: CALLING ALL CREEPS, as of the 1st all Creeps transfer to elendilmir for the week, then next week we'll go zerg Vilya! thank you!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000002f566/signature.png]Ashnak[/charsig]

Looking for a Kin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thandreil View Post

Event: CALLING ALL CREEPS, as of the 1st all Creeps transfer to elendilmir for the week, then next week we'll go zerg Vilya! thank you!!
    Lets see
    1) a creep must at least 1 lvl 10 or higher on the server they are going to.
    2) 25 usd to apply (supposedly non-refundable, dunno yet)
    3) preparing the toon for departure such as bags loot etc.
    4) you are not to play your toon during the application process
    5) It took mine to be denied two business days (don't apply with an upcoming weekend or holiday!)
    6) may take longer who knows?
    7) May not even happen, who knows?

I think your prediction is FALSE even if creeps were officially allowed today. Please feel free, or I should say work and pay to prove me wrong
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=White][SIZE=1]The Road goes ever on and on
    [/I] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by reuben303998 View Post
    I'm not sure where this "huge influx of creeps" will be coming from once this gets approved.

The only problems I'm hearing about are coming from freeps that are scared of a fair fight, and "alfa male" creeps scared of healthy competition.
    Sadly, you have a good point. And yet, the only experience you and I have on this subject is reinforced overwhelmingly by this point:

Looks like Turbine is setting up a system that will encourage a ruination of good PvMP communities by letting troublemakers go from place to place because they've heard "good things" about a community.
    And on a side note, geez Turbine, do you really think we're all that stupid? You let a few people tranfer their creeps, you belatedly realized the ramifications and now you wish you didn't allow it in the first place. The *wrong* response to this is lying about it and claiming there are "technical" problems. The "right" response is admitting a mistake and either allowing or disallowing it. Didn't anyone learn anything from Martha Stewart?
    Team Milt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandreil View Post

1 day +or- to get a lvl10
    3 days play in creeps ville to get enough DP to get passives,traits and skills (vet creeps know just what to get and whats not needed to speed this up) =
    vets playing wolves in sheeps skins. WHO NEEDS TRANSFERS???? A group of Vets in little time at all compaired to how long it took them to rank a creep to lets say r5 could have a nice little force on EVERY server. Hmmmm.. the Nomad tribe /makes note to self;

The PPl who wanted transfers were looking for a home.
    Last edited by gromb; Jul 06 2008 at 08:27 AM.
    Scruffy Leghumpper R6 (retired) Scruppy leghumpper E- Bogeth Boop "web deb de dead" R4 (unforgiven kids)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000cf920/signature.png]Scruppy[/charsig]

There are a few freeps that are about as shady as an umbrella.

I was going solo and approached TA then was mobbed by 6 freeps.
    After they killed me I got a mesage from IamAWarg (creep side) that said
    ""Thats 1""

go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DejaBoo View Post
    [Gah - Patience meant to quote this and hit edit instead. Could you repost please?]

I'll try (didn't save it)

I quoted this post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    And on a side note, geez Turbine, do you really think we're all that stupid? You let a few people tranfer their creeps, you belatedly realized the ramifications and now you wish you didn't allow it in the first place. The *wrong* response to this is lying about it and claiming there are "technical" problems. The "right" response is admitting a mistake and either allowing or disallowing it....
    And then said something to the effect:

That was the real kick in the teeth for us. Especially when our leadership tries to do everything possible to do this transfer by the book by communicating with turbine. Only to have all of his PMs deleted without any notice or permission on this very forum when this all hit the fan.

and then I mentioned the quote of how a lie has sprinted half way around the world by the time the truth has put on its shoes...

and signed with something positive like, only posted in hopes of improvement -- boo

::::::: Good luck Patience and can't imagine WHY you would get any of those buttons confused, LOL ::::::
    [/I] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DejaBoo View Post
    Only to have all of his PMs deleted without any notice or permission on this very forum when this all hit the fan.
    I was going to respond to this - we don't have the ability to delete someone's PMs, short of wiping their entire PM box with a single command. So for the record, none of us removed any PMs, nor would we have.

::::::: Good luck Patience and can't imagine WHY you would get any of those buttons confused, LOL ::::::
    Could have something to do with me playing LOTRO on my other monitor and trying not to get my group killed while simultaneously trying to check in on the forums.
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]“Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!”[/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Could have something to do with me playing LOTRO on my other monitor and trying not to get my group killed while simultaneously trying to check in on the forums.
    Nobody does that!
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

lol, then your multi task skills are very impressive.

I was going to respond to this - we don't have the ability to delete someone's PMs, short of wiping their entire PM box with a single command. So for the record, none of us removed any PMs, nor would we have.
    Actually you just reinforced to me my information is very correct. Since this person said to the group, "my entire Pm box has been wiped clean." As he discussed that was his last personal straw to stay in LOTRO.

There is absolutely no reason for him, imho, to lie to me or the others of the tribe since our directive the day before was to follow our heart whether lotro, aoc and/or wait for war. And that he himself was on the fence about leaving lotro and was continuing to play on his creep on E till he discovered the wipe of his PM box had happened. I can't speak for him but I can speak for my personal observed experience.

Good luck and hope the resources surrounding you Patience are fully supporting you with the difficult task that you have.

In hopes of the best,

-Boo
    [/I] [/CENTER]

IMO they could have transfered those ppl after they messed up, and called them "test transfers" and announced them as so, and there would not be any more untill it was tested. would some other ppl gotten mad? sure, but not any more than are. This is sad i lost all my tribe members and some of my faith.

Givin into there fear i think, deciept is there way now turned to the dark side. XXXXs is truly dead. The last good thing remaing from the org. version of the game i lasted played, now gone forever. /VerySad;

Quote Originally Posted by gromb View Post
    IMO they could have transfered those ppl after they messed up, and called them "test transfers" and announced them as so, and there would not be any more untill it was tested. would some other ppl gotten mad? sure, but not any more than are. This is sad i lost all my tribe members and some of my faith.

Givin into there fear i think, deciept is there way now turned to the dark side. XXXXs is truly dead. The last good thing remaing from the org. version of the game i lasted played, now gone forever. /VerySad;
    Given Patience's announcement today that the ability to do Creep transfers is now up and running it looks like the Devs followed through with this issue very well.

The original posts about it being a problem was just before the 4th of July and now on the 9th we get an announcement saying it's fixed. That's pretty fast by MMO standards.

Ya I just read it.cool. Don't know if it was up when I posted. Glad i didn't see it or I would have missed my chance to do a SWzy post

Quote Originally Posted by gromb View Post
    1 day +or- to get a lvl10
    3 days play in creeps ville to get enough DP to get passives,traits and skills (vet creeps know just what to get and whats not needed to speed this up) =
    vets playing wolves in sheeps skins. WHO NEEDS TRANSFERS???? A group of Vets in little time at all compaired to how long it took them to rank a creep to lets say r5 could have a nice little force on EVERY server. Hmmmm.. the Nomad tribe /makes note to self;

The PPl who wanted transfers were looking for a home.
    QFT. It's really not that hard to get a decent amount of DP quick if you know what you are doing. At $25 a transfer I really don't see too many people changing servers regularly, whereas rolling Creeps on different servers costs no monies, and takes not so much time to rank anymore.
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Meijha View Post
    QFT. It's really not that hard to get a decent amount of DP quick if you know what you are doing. At $25 a transfer I really don't see too many people changing servers regularly, whereas rolling Creeps on different servers costs no monies, and takes not so much time to rank anymore.
    frankly, it's not the dp that's the problem IMO...it's the Coin to slot the skills you buy w/your DP thats the difficulty w/a newbie creep.

I have a bunch of alts that I have dumped prolly over 150k worth of DP into by buying everything I can based on their current rank...however most of them can't slot half of what they have because it's expensive to slot them. Yeah yeah, I know farm for coin....easier said than done for a greendot....and a much greater timesink.

It's one of the reasons I still haven't played my defiler alt, my wl alt, my warg alt, my reaver alt, and my reaver alt. The only alt I stuck with to get enough coin to slot traits with so far has been my rank 4 BA.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    frankly, it's not the dp that's the problem IMO...it's the Coin to slot the skills you buy w/your DP thats the difficulty w/a newbie creep.

I have a bunch of alts that I have dumped prolly over 150k worth of DP into by buying everything I can based on their current rank...however most of them can't slot half of what they have because it's expensive to slot them. Yeah yeah, I know farm for coin....easier said than done for a greendot....and a much greater timesink.

It's one of the reasons I still haven't played my defiler alt, my wl alt, my warg alt, my reaver alt, and my reaver alt. The only alt I stuck with to get enough coin to slot traits with so far has been my rank 4 BA.

So true. But then we can use those green dots and upset the balance in the moors at will!
    bw

Want some gold? I got 50gold on one of my creeps, Normally trade creep gold for freep gold
    Gunpowder -- 3. I don't like you and you can die for all i care.
    Tyrant Bûrzgoth says, ''You see the dead thing there? You next.''
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320d0100000a6814/signature.png]Sealwebbed[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000000eb1b/01003/signature.png]Tempors[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tempors View Post
    Want some gold? I got 50gold on one of my creeps, Normally trade creep gold for freep gold
    LOL 50 gold? I think the highest I've had on Nidor at one time is 2.5 gold...and I thought I was the King of Siam w/that much loot lol.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

LOL 50 gold? I think the highest I've had on Nidor at one time is 2.5 gold...and I thought I was the King of Siam w/that much loot lol.
    I use to be dirt poor on my creeps. but turbine added pve to moors. Since I play at work, hardly any freeps during the day, I sit in dof, farming stones.
    Gunpowder -- 3. I don't like you and you can die for all i care.
    Tyrant Bûrzgoth says, ''You see the dead thing there? You next.''
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320d0100000a6814/signature.png]Sealwebbed[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000000eb1b/01003/signature.png]Tempors[/charsig]

Ah, now that I've escaped from underneath that god-forsaken rock, can someone please clue me on on what this whole conspiracy is about?
    "If we can't have natural selection, then mechanical selection is a decent substitute." ~ Me.

IMO this is really ridiculous.. I mean seriously.. what % of the transferees do you think is going to go to a HARDER server? People like to win.. so the barely balanced or unbalanced servers will even go more unbalanced.

And in seeing that you're still approving the mass xfers to Elendilmir, I certainly don't believe the BS that you're going to limit it by population. My entire tribe is now considering what to do in what we completely expect to be a completely red 'moors in Bk14. Heck it's red enough as it is pre-Xfers. Quitting is a very viable option as most of us are die hard creeps and the idea of running around looking for the dozen freeps left out there with 60+ creeps around is not very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    IMO this is really ridiculous.. I mean seriously.. what % of the transferees do you think is going to go to a HARDER server?
    You make this assumption about people and then you write:

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    idea of running around looking for the dozen freeps left out there with 60+ creeps around is not very encouraging.

So which is it?

After all my tribe was going from a vastly creep dominated server to a more freep dominated server. And ironically, if certain peeps wouldn't have thrown such a hissy fit, we would have been there just a week earlier without all this front page news. Whoever threw the big stink sure did help advertise a certain server and even worse, Looky everyone we now have Creep transers!!!!!

/sarcasm WTG whoever them peeps were
    /sarcasm off

keeping it real,

Boo

PS: and for good grief it still escapes me how people selectively use their logic for creeps while yet freeps side (a balance issue) have the service already.
    Last edited by DejaBoo; Jul 11 2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: for PS
    [/I] [/CENTER]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast