We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Going for a slightly unorthodox build at lvl 32: Low cut Thoughts?

So.....My level 27 hunter will be level 32 soon, at which point I will disable his xp gain once again to help people out with running GA on-level. This aside I'm someone who enjoys challenging myself into solo-ing fellowship content.....That was the introduction. Time to get to the point.

I'm considering going for a slightly alternative build for grouping/hard solo-ing content. So.....I came up with this. Normal top choices for my weapons would be

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item..._of_the_Nimble x2
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...ower_and_Grace

I'm considering going

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AStoutroot 1x
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...Eglan-defender 1x
    and maybe http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AFerchu

The idea behind this is to use it in situations with plenty of adds. Low cut using both the main and off-hand weapon, targetting 3 targets at one, potentionally triggering the effect 6 times. This would mean that I can deal some quickshotting/swift bow damage while getting a potentional 0-360 morale boost every 3 seconds. (6 times 5% chance)

The first question is: Do I have the idea of this "effect triggering" right? Can low cut trigger the effect multiple times, and does it count for both main and off-hand?

The second question is: Is it worth getting the bow as well? The way I am wording it it seems like I am going to rely more on my melee weapons for healing anyways. I might as well pick the bow with the most damage per second.

The third question is: Is it actually a good idea?

Thank you in advance~!

I always make at least 34 for the port to Esteldin and guild, but that is just me - I'm lazy.

I can't even guess what the field-play will be like on baby hnt, with passives removed yet again and this time with the additional removal of agile rejoinder even as a proc. I'm sure GA will be doable grouped on-level, it always was Just perhaps not in the role of superior helper unless you're prepared to stance-dance a lot. Your trap will be in-combat, even if you have just the one, which is a pleasant extra to compensate for lack of bubble at lowish level. I can't say low cut is top utility right now (I have a new hunter who just made 34) but I always dreaded kiting.

I'd say that xp stopped in OK gear and topping up with a few half decent virtues, you can be a very nice helper for anyone who run in quest gear and doesn't know their class. Just like those at cap asking for better things to do with all their power, so will you most likely have it. If you want a great helper, I think warden could be a pleasant alternative. Less proc-dependant.

Thank you for your response.

The idea is to switch out to those weapons, depending on the boss fight. Considering the below average equips, virtues, knowledge of fellowship mechanisms for most people around those levels, I figured that this would be one way to take some pressure away from the healer during add heavy bossfight. Not only will I be able to grab the adds that agro on the healer this way, but I also compensate a bit of the damage they deal to me, meaning the healer can keep his focus on the tank.
    Outside of these boss fights, I intend to go for top dps of course.

My virtues and equips are quite top notch for the level, so that should be fine. Also I already have acces to my bubble and the Press On skill. The idea behind low cutting is not kiting, but using it as a way to damage the creatures attacking the minstrel while meanwhile healing from the 6 * 5% chance. Grabbing agro while healing myself.

The three questions there remain unanswered though. The main question being. Does the proc triggering with low cut work the way I think it works?

Been wondering about a low-level hunter traiting yellow. I have the feeling it might produce many many lols, and the evade and mits benefits might make you less squishy too. I've also been wondering about feeding some yellow into my current build, particularly Survival Gear which looks like gold dust now.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Been wondering about a low-level hunter traiting yellow. I have the feeling it might produce many many lols, and the evade and mits benefits might make you less squishy too. I've also been wondering about feeding some yellow into my current build, particularly Survival Gear which looks like gold dust now.
    If it is purely for instanced game, yellow should do nicely. There was supposed to be a crafted item to add to trap damage but I've heard nothing of it since trait trees went live (then again, I haven't looked and I can't craft them myself anyway) - such a thing would perhaps make me consider yellow for anything other than a spar. It is slow and awkward and clunky and safe, just zero flow and to me also zero fun.