We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Whats better?

Whats better?

So what is better for a Burg, mainly for raiding and instanced.

Mischief? Gamble? Quiet Knife?

Mainly im asking due to getting the gear from rebuilding That town (Dont recall name right now). Which way is best to go.

Thanks all.

I got a answer of sorts

It really varies, if you want to go DPS. Without a doubt go Quiet Knife. But Crowd control go Mischief, personally I like to put some gambler trait in, like footpad and a few others which names escape my mind. I hope this helps =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dedan View Post
    So what is better for a Burg, mainly for raiding and instanced.

Mischief? Gamble? Quiet Knife?

Mainly im asking due to getting the gear from rebuilding That town (Dont recall name right now). Which way is best to go.

Thanks all.

I was QK for quite a long time, but I've recently made the switch to Gambler. I have to say, most people must not know how ridiculously overpowered traiting Gambler is, because someone would've told me to make the switch a long time ago.

Just my two cents.

Depends what others expect you to be. You can focus on support or dps or both. Because most of the current PvE content is quite easy, you can just trait QK for extra dps and make things get done quicker. Sometimes, your group can lack healer or cappy/LM and there is need for some support, you can trait gambler and spam dazes and debuffs. It can make a significant difference, though you must now what to do. But for Gambling it is neccesarry to have proper legacies for it - trick range, gamble chance, lucky strike cooldown. But most of the time, healers and full support classes (LM, Cappies) have everything under control and theres no need for it.

Theres a few instances where its really good to trait Gambler or MM:
    BfE T2(C) - you might be asked to debuff 1 or both trolls - you can put Disable, debuffing gamble and confound finesse debuff one trolls. You might also be asked to crowd control berserkers. 5B2Y build worked best for me (2 Y being perplexing riddle and improved disable).
    Flight T2(c) - if your group has good dps, you might get asked to focus fully on support and dont dps much. MM can do quick 3 target long stuns, keep 2 or more targets dazed, put disable on captains and cats quickly (with 0 cd on tricks). Gambler still offers more dazes though.

With Helms Deep mischief-makers and especially gamblers will (hopefully) regain their old importance in raids. Gambling has always been a lot of fun if you know how to do it right (legacies / traits !!)
    QK is imo way too easy but in raids and the moors still very effective....