We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 16 of 219 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Re: the good 1v1 thread

leanboring, good 1 on 1 by the aurochs

I tried 1v1ing a zerg..... didn't work out for me very well.

Quote Originally Posted by thebackpacker1 View Post
    I tried 1v1ing a zerg..... didn't work out for me very well.
    stop failing beor. The art of soloing zergs is all but gone, we need to inspire future huntards

Not a good, or bad 1v1 (not a 1v1 at all), but I kinda had to laugh when Booyah and some unknown warg chased me all the way from EC almost to Hoarhallow, with me fighting almost the entire way. Boo, you must've been pissed when you didn't manage to finish me off with sprint.

And that last pounce was very poor timing for me. I had JUST feared you... if it had gone off a second earlier, I think I could've made my escape (since the other warg wasn't quite intelligent enough to put one foot in front of the other).

Quote Originally Posted by socalf1fan View Post
    leanboring, good 1 on 1 by the aurochs
    NPCs are the only thing that I had in my favor, since DitE is bane for anyone, really. Second time you came through when the warg pack was there, I tried to mind my own business, but you insisted on hitting me :P I wanted Rockwithers horn

Really Good 1v1 both times you got me, but was really fun.

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads

good 1v1's Anne and Meric at Thunderdome...1st one was close Anne, u got me w/ 100 left
    [Color=red]-Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg [/color]
    Originator of the 1st [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?143813-the-good-1v1-thread]Good 1v1 Thread [/url](Meneldor)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    good 1v1's Anne and Meric at Thunderdome...1st one was close Anne, u got me w/ 100 left

That was epic, Az. You're an awesome sport....even shed a bit of your stars tonight. <3

Love,
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by azahran View Post
    You beat me to the boards.
    We would have had one at GV, but I think Hellstang wanted revenge.
    Within minutes of that, I mapped to good TA, and to my suprise you came riding by. Felt like I was tracking the hunter for once.
    After that fight, I crossed the river and looked over my logs. Got halfway through them, and sure enough, there you were! Smart move dragging me into the water, doggypaddle blows. Made for a nice close fight.
    I learned that my emotes don't work while swimming. I had to back out to the bank to salute you.
    [CENTER]Meneldor: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Guntred[/COLOR][/B] Burg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Flormir[/COLOR][/B] Guard, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Marv[/COLOR][/B] LM, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Willaman[/COLOR][/B] Mini
    Meneldor: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Mirnakh[/COLOR][/B] R11-Warg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Asprin[/COLOR][/B] Def, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Litemup[/COLOR][/B] BA
    Brandywine: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Mirnahk[/COLOR][/B] R10-Warg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Bloodletr[/COLOR][/B] R9-WL[/CENTER]

Good fight Thwack. Thanks for not dragging me into the NPCs at Ost. I wanted to see what it would be like to kill you without a creep raid assisting. Grats on the win.
    [CENTER]Meneldor: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Guntred[/COLOR][/B] Burg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Flormir[/COLOR][/B] Guard, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Marv[/COLOR][/B] LM, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Willaman[/COLOR][/B] Mini
    Meneldor: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Mirnakh[/COLOR][/B] R11-Warg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Asprin[/COLOR][/B] Def, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Litemup[/COLOR][/B] BA
    Brandywine: [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Mirnahk[/COLOR][/B] R10-Warg, [B][COLOR="#B22222"]Bloodletr[/COLOR][/B] R9-WL[/CENTER]

Good show Flyso, kill me next time, you deserve the ren

Quote Originally Posted by azahran View Post

wwo nindir, ive 1v1'd Mirhnahkah at least 5 times and won them all. even left him/her with 1 HP left :/ keep up the work tho

Cool Re: the good 1v1 thread

I ran into Freepkilla last night (8/12/08) just north of HH, so naturally I went to say a friendly "hello"! We had a nice running battle from HH through the trees, across the river and up the hill, where we ran into the Thunderdome event. No problems, it's a 1v1 event right? Hardly! I was immediately ganked by multiple Creeps.
    So I get rezzed and try to /hail Freepkilla, just to say good fight and all, and I get ganked again! No attacks from me, just a simple gankfest on a newly rezzed charactter. How awesome for you, creeps! I get rezzed for the second time, try to emote another acknowledgement to Freepkilla, and get pounced/ganked again! I ran around a bit this time, riddled Freepkilla (who joined in this time) and HIPSed. Then I get a tell saying "leave Thunderdome or we'll gank you again". Because apparently you are not allowed to 1v1 unless you fight club in an approved event, which is all Thunderdome is, really.

Now it's the Moors, I shouldn't expect anything else, but to be ganked by vets who preach the integrity of the 1v1 between consenting players, just rubs me wrong. I am given to understand that the 'Dome crowd had experienced some problems earlier from some wargs who were ganking folks involved in it. But to REPEATEDLY gank a person who is showing no offensive tendancies shows zero respect, IMO. How many times have I sat by and watched a 1v1, refraining from joining the fun? Many of you have watched that and even commented on it, thanking me for being honorable. And yet the same people jump on me for some cheap infamy, just because I'm at a supposed 1v1 event, engaged in a 1v1. Logic fail, string table error folks.

Anyways Freepkilla, nice fight we had there, sorry you had to share the infamy with some less deserving folks. If I catch you out alone again, I'll say hello. Maybe we can pull off a decent fight. I won't go near Thunderdome, and I won't pull the Freep zerg to you.
    Gilgan / Cruul / Renda
    Shugga / Gilmann Lords of Del Tachi
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000017147/01001/signature.png]Gilgan[/charsig]

I dunno about the second gank, but you obviously weren't paying attention to the /say and /ooc channels, in which a couple of us were typing, in all caps, "RENDA, STOP ATTACKING".

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    I dunno about the second gank, but you obviously weren't paying attention to the /say and /ooc channels, in which a couple of us were typing, in all caps, "RENDA, STOP ATTACKING".
    Correct, I wasn't watching the ooc channels, and I run with game sounds off too, so even /tell rarely works. Actually I was in fellowship with a kinnie who was running around Aughaire at the time, so I was talking to him. My problem is with the gankfest that ensued TWICE after my original defeat... which should have belonged solely to Freepkilla. The only /say I saw way "rez him" after my first defeat... and Renda is a female. Whatever. But she looks like my wife so I would appreciate it if y'all would get the gender right, ok?
    Last edited by Melchizadek; Aug 13 2008 at 09:21 AM.
    Gilgan / Cruul / Renda
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000017147/01001/signature.png]Gilgan[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Melchizadek View Post
    Correct, I wasn't watching the ooc channels, and I run with game sounds off too, so even /tell rarely works. Actually I was in fellowship with a kinnie who was running around Aughaire at the time, so I was talking to him. My problem is with the gankfest that ensued TWICE after my original defeat... which should have belonged solely to Freepkilla. The only /say I saw way "rez him" after my first defeat... and Renda is a female. Whatever. But she looks like my wife so I would appreciate it if y'all would get the gender right, ok?
    I would sympathize with you if I hadn't sent you several tells asking you to stop attacking Freepkilla. I was in vent with him, for Thunderdome, and he had only even come near HH to come with me to talk to the creeps trying to gank my partner.

Learn to read your tells, and OOC, and /say and maybe you'll understand why you got ganked repeatedly. You were not the only freep to suffer the consequences of not reading...and there were several creeps who also paid the price. My advice: If you want a 1v1 on a Thunderdome night, then come on out...but when a creep starts running from you from the get go...that is NOT a 1v1. It's the creep saying to you, ####!

Love,
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by Melchizadek View Post
    I could have said something really mean... But... What would Jesus do....

SIR. YOU FAIL.

organized events between creeps and freeps is stupid...

see you all on the battlefield, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mrghosty4 View Post
    I could have said something really mean... But... What would Jesus do....

SIR. YOU FAIL.
    do you not apply that question when it comes to Z?

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    do you not apply that question when it comes to Z?
    I forget sometimes... sorry...

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads

awsome 1v1 Hellsredemption...was a close one nice stun at the end to finish me

good 1v1 Drathrin...was a good 1, regor was watching til he realized u were gonna die then he jumped in...i could have killed u but left u w/ 200 bc i respect those who at least make an attempt...don't get used to it
    Last edited by Rohan1240; Aug 13 2008 at 07:43 PM.
    [Color=red]-Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg [/color]
    Originator of the 1st [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?143813-the-good-1v1-thread]Good 1v1 Thread [/url](Meneldor)

best two 1v1s for me lately was with:

Zakius and then the next day with Flyso...

fun stuff, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJeli View Post
    I would sympathize with you if I hadn't sent you several tells asking you to stop attacking Freepkilla. I was in vent with him, for Thunderdome, and he had only even come near HH to come with me to talk to the creeps trying to gank my partner.

Learn to read your tells, and OOC, and /say and maybe you'll understand why you got ganked repeatedly. You were not the only freep to suffer the consequences of not reading...and there were several creeps who also paid the price. My advice: If you want a 1v1 on a Thunderdome night, then come on out...but when a creep starts running from you from the get go...that is NOT a 1v1. It's the creep saying to you, ####!

Love,
    Me
    1) I don't watch ooc much because of the drama going on there- it gets a little tiring. Ask Yews- I've seen enough BS between him and Zorlin in the last week to make me want to turn the whole OOC chat off. And as I said, /tell doesn't work because I leave the game sounds off, they get stale after a while. (Grey is the shadow on my heart...) And I can't hear some people because their voice is too low, the game sounds wipe them out.

2) If Freepkilla didn't want to fight, why was I on fire so much? Random oil cauldrons north of Hoarhollow? I've aslo had enough freeps and creeps run away to know that it doesn't matter- I kill em anyways. And I expect nothing less when I run.

3) Ask Durth if he had fraps running for this. The first gank at 'Dome I'll give you, but the second and third? Give me break. I didn't attack, I was emoting to Freepkilla. And if I had to get into vent to be a part of your fight club, there would not have been time to set it up between ganks. I was literally ganked 3 times in under two minutes at a supposed 1v1 event while not even showing any signs of aggression. That, my friends, is fail. And I get a tell afterward saying that I'm now on the "gank on sight" list? I don't see how that's any different than normal, but still, the downright lack of respect is disheartening.

4) For you Yews (and anyone else who wants to know) What Would Jesus Do? Really? Jesus would have stood there and gotten ganked twice while showing no signs of aggression. Which is what I did. If you have any serious questions about Jesus, send me a mail in game sometime. He loves you, he died for YOUR sins so that you would not have to face an eternity in hell separated from God. It is a gift, there is nothing you can do to earn it, all you can do is accept it. The ultimate get out of jail free card, man!

And don't presume to equate me with Jesus. I do not love you enough to die for you, I promise ya.

I think this will be my last post for a while, and the last on this subject. I am tired of trying to teach a pig to sing, as it were. I had hoped that I would get SOMEONE to admit that they were wrong. I have taken the high road, in my own mind. I did not name individuals, I admit that I can understand your reasoning for the first gank. But the second? The third? Apparently the maturity level of the folks involved is pretty low. Forget Thunderdome- any interest I ever had in it is now gone. I would hope y'all would announce WHERE it is so I won't accidently run into your fun next time. See ya out there.
    Gilgan / Cruul / Renda

Im not wearing pants

do you ever?
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000c280/01008/signature.png]Stars[/charsig]
    [font=Verdana][i][color=yellow]Star * Minstrel Diva [/color][color=red]* Personae Gratae *[/color][color=yellow] Stars * Lore Mistress[/color][color=orange]
    [FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Lime"]RIP Dominatrx[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/color][/i][/font][/center]

Page 16 of 219 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast