We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Mouse look toggle

Back in beta I tried this game, and never picked it up. One of the major turn offs for me was the lack of mouse look toggle option.

I downloaded the trail (as hard as it was with the lame Pando app) and decided to give this game a try again. The game looks smooth and polished, but as I understand it, no mouse look toggle option still. Major turn off once again.

My only major requirement when it comes to MMO's is this mouse look feature. I cannot play a game if it doesn't have it.

I would like to see this option added or at the very least, have an addon that allows this (just like wow does).

/signed

I think a mouselook toggle is a really nice idea.
    It could go on the same screen in the options with the rest of the mouse settings...

I have a G15 keyboard and will try out that macro one of the other posters included, but I was thinking could the keybind file be edited to set a key like caplock, numlock, or scrollock as the mouselook key? Those keys toggle, once the binding is set press once - mouselook is on, press again - mouselook is off....

I think I'll give that a try tonight....

signing this .... /signed
    [CENTER][FONT=tahoma]JB_MARSH - Main: [COLOR=#008000]Raberadin[/COLOR] | [COLOR=#006400]Hobbit[/COLOR] | [COLOR=#8b4513]Burglar[/COLOR] | [COLOR=#b22222]Amistad del Otro[/COLOR]
    Servers: [COLOR=#ff8c00]Arkenstone[/COLOR], [COLOR=#008080]Meneldor[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ee82ee]Darrowdelf[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by EpicMetalBard View Post
    If you have never experienced problems with your wrists or tendons, you just simply don't understand.

Having a toggle vs. holding down a key or a mouse button is the difference between being able to play for only an hour a day, and being able to play for a ten hour stretch without issues. UIs designed with 15 year-olds in mind don't accommodate us 30+ year-olds quite as well.

No, I'm not exaggerating. My wife is a gamer but has issues with her hands, so has to choose her games carefully. We are trying out LoTRO, but lack of a mouselook is looking to be a deal breaker for her. It may be back to WoW for us, simply because of this.
    Well said!

Re : Re: Mouse look toggle

Hello Devs,

we are still in need of this fix and you do know it would make the game more enjoyable for players.

Please, hear us.

/beg

I'd say this is a matter of ergonomics.

Do you want your customers to eventually retire from the game due to RSI? Cuz that's sexy. I've noticed a lot more wrist pain in the last few weeks where I've been playing PvMP in long sessions, trying to keep my head on a swivel, so to speak, compared to the freepside grind.

There really ought to be a "mouselook toggle" in the UI. There's no excuse for there not to be.

Thumbs down Re: Mouse look toggle

I am going to cancel my VIP because of this. Going back to DDO...

To bad since this is a better game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2