We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Stuck at the Loading Screen

I am experiencing the exact same problem now too. I logged out in Thorin's Hall, and now cannot get past the loading screen after character selection.

So now I have a simple question: Why?

Why am I going to pay money for points to a game I cannot play? Why am I going to pay money when it seems the developers don't give a damn about solving the problem after so long.

And it is not a user issue, as nothing has changed on my PC since playing this morning before work. This problem needs to be fixed.

Last night, I created a new character in Bree-land, and got in without any problem, but as of today, I still cannot get past the loading screen with my main character, which I logged off with in Thorin's Hall. Definitely not a user-end problem.

Sad thing is, I got paid today and had planned to buy some TP, now probably won't since they can't seem to fix what appears to be a common problem.

I'm having the same problem. I get to the log in screen where you choose the world/server and it just sits there blinking at me. I removed the LOTRO program and re-downloaded and re-installed the whole thing. No change. Then I went through re-doing the firewall permissions as it says in the support center (http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...p?deptID=24001). Still the same problem. One day everything was fine and now I can't get in. And I was just about to get my Summer Festival steed!

If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.

hey i know what to do, its very simple, in the character selection screen go to options and change from directx10 to directx9, that should do it

Thanks for the tip.

Strangely, this morning my main character would load again... The GMs have not contacted me in regards to my email, so I can only assume... Hell, I don't know what to assume.

For me it says it's always stuck at "Downloading Mircosoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributal Package (x86)"

I've been trying on and off all day (although it's only 2) to see if just leaving it up would do anything, or what, but it never gets past this. I got an "Error" message, and hit OK to see if that might make it reset or something, but it didn't change.

I also just downloaded the game yesterday, so it's even more confusing xD

Quote Originally Posted by Boricuoso View Post
    Yeah did the power cycling and it worked, back in game and loving this game. How can i get a referal so I can get the lifetime account?

Windfre@gmail.com if anyone wants to mail.

james
    There are still ways to get a lifetime account?

Same problem, can't log in was playing fine then had a power cut.

I play on Snowbourne but all my toons are broken so can't get in.
    I can log in fine on another server.

This has happened before and I would log a ticket and gm would purge my toon so I'd be able to get back in but there is no website where I can post this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya10 View Post
    This has happened before and I would log a ticket and gm would purge my toon so I'd be able to get back in but there is no website where I can post this issue?
    you can raise a ticket here
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...p?deptID=24001
    click the support tab > submit a ticket
    you may recieve an auto respose email which you need to respond to if it does not resolve your issue

Angry Re: Stuck at the Loading Screen

OMG im having the same problem, good to know im not the only one by far.
    i made a new character tried to load it, got through the tutorial stage fine but when i was zoning into archet bam stuck on loading screen. changed all the stuff everyones suggested, and after a hour of trying i was finally able to get on. played fine then when i logged off to get on my other character to make some armor, >< bam stuck on loading screen trying to get into delving fields... and i have 2 characters there and BOTH of them will not load. been a full day now that i cant get onto those characters... and been about a week with this problem in general. im seriously about to give up soon, i tried talking to support and they say "it must be your router or settings on you PC" wth man >< it cant be MY problem if EVERYONE ELSE is having the same dang problem. agh~ *steps off her soap box of ranting*
    Ive played this game since before it was F2P, and had noooo problem till recently... so it has to be a thing with the game itself right? ~.~
    Last edited by usagishiroi; Sep 03 2011 at 05:53 PM.

i used to have to wait several minutes after i click "enter middle earth" & my character comes out of the screen, my character moves for a few seconds then screen would freeze & i'd see the hour glass next to my mouse pointer, this happened around november'2011 when my computer suddenly shuts down while i was playing the game. in december'2011, i had another sudden shut down, the wait after however was around 20+ minutes. the wait/load issue only happens on the 1st character on every log in, i dont have the wait/load issue when i just switch to another character on a particular server. also, after the 2nd shut down, my character would freeze for a few seconds after i pass thru doors, use milestone & travel to homestead, so i finally decided to do something aside from submitting ticket

i uninstall & reinstall (not re download the whole thing again), i 1st check if i had the installation files by searching lotro*.*, i found them in a subfolder named "LOTRO Standard Res Install Files", the folder contained 12 files, LOTROSetup (application) & LOTROSetup-1 to 11 (.bin), after i uninstall, i use window explorer & deleted the entire c:\program files\turbine before i reinstalled by clicking on the LOTROSetup (application), and the game ran smoothly again

my 1st 4 tries at uninstall->reinstall was a bust because i keep getting the "game error 201" whenever i select a server, so i decided to delete the entire folder c:\program files\turbine & it worked

i'm using windows xp by the way

This is ridiculous

I can log in to other characters and even on other servers but my character is experiencing the same issues as everyone else here. Random drops then can't login. Zoning issue and then locked out of game. I have tried router reboot, pc reboot, directx changes from 9 to 10 10 to 9. Change from high to low or very low settings.....I am at my wits end. I am also on elendilmir as someone else in this thread was. Also, I have noticed steam has occasionally ad pop ups and even downloads when this happens. No one else mentioned it could be a steam connection issue or because Lotro is integrated with it.
    I have been logging in to my character trying different things for close to 2 hours today. No one from tech support has addressed this issue in this thread and it is a huge issue.
    Called tech support they have no idea what it is.
    sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanidor View Post
    I can log in to other characters and even on other servers but my character is experiencing the same issues as everyone else here. Random drops then can't login. Zoning issue and then locked out of game. I have tried router reboot, pc reboot, directx changes from 9 to 10 10 to 9. Change from high to low or very low settings.....I am at my wits end. I am also on elendilmir as someone else in this thread was. Also, I have noticed steam has occasionally ad pop ups and even downloads when this happens. No one else mentioned it could be a steam connection issue or because Lotro is integrated with it.
    I have been logging in to my character trying different things for close to 2 hours today. No one from tech support has addressed this issue in this thread and it is a huge issue.
    Called tech support they have no idea what it is.
    sigh....
    Well since the last post before yours is Dec 2011 no one would have posted about steam because LOTRO was not available from steam at that time. LOTRO is not integrated with steam. Steam has a wrapper around LOTRO, that is all. You can play LOTRO without stream running, by running the TurbineInvoker, or TurbineLauncher from the LOTRO directory in your steamapps/common directory.

Since I have seen others have your problem who did not have the steam download, I doubt Steam is the source of the problem.

I had this problem when attempting to run on a laptop I had acquired. I tried all the recommendations for connection issues, and what finally worked was running in DirectX9 instead of a newer DX version.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3