We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Stuck at the Loading Screen

I need to add an intresting tidbit to this subject ... im on Vista 64 .. when i get the loading screen sometimes the game gets stuck at that point ... what i find intresting is my character is still able to move from side to side as the loading screen on Vista "bleeds around the edges" in other words a can still see a tiny bit of the next area when i zone in and out .... if im near a entry area like a ladder in lothlorien i can just turn my character slowly with the mouse till the icon to climb the ladder pops up ... i can then "zone" into the next area and im working again .... so this Stuck on loading screen issue seems to be a problem with the Client Load screen itself ... not a connection issue. Seems to happen a LOT more in Lothlorien than other places. It's as if the next area loaded but the loading screen didn't have a chance to get removed from the client view.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000befa9/01006/signature.png]Valbjorna[/charsig]

This is happening to me now. Sorry to post so late in this thread but I just bought the game and this happens to me.

Alright, I've been playing since LOTRO came out (using at first Windows XP 32-bit with 1 GB of RAM and now using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with 8 GB of RAM -- I advise a LOT of RAM for this game), and have been using an old Linksys Router (Etherfast 4-port Cable/Router with 4-port switch through my DSL line with SBC Global) without any issues.

This past week I got a new D-Link Wireless Router (model TM-G5240, came with my Blackberry) and thought that I would be able to swap out my ten year old Linksys router with the new one. Wrong. I swapped it out and got internet connectivity, etc just fine (using a hardwire, not through the wireless), but when I started to play LOTRO I would get to the character selection screen, select my character and then get stuck on the 'loading' screen and the bar would never fill up. A few minutes later I would get a 'disconnect' message and that would be the end of it.

I tried ALL of the steps listed on this thread and any others that I could find to resolve the issue (port forwarding, opening ports, port triggering, updating firmware on the D-Link Router, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft .Net 1.1, removing lotroclient.exe from my firewall exceptions and re-adding it) short of reinstalling LOTRO without any luck. I have a new bald patch on my head from pulling at my hair, thanks.

After a day, I got frustrated and put in my old Linksys router and guess what? BAM!, LOTRO loaded like a champ, just as it had been previously.

The lesson to be learned from this is that not all routers are created equal, and Turbine really needs to test multiple routers with its games. As for you consumers, disclaimer: I am not a Linksys employee or anything like that (I have no stock or other interest in the company), just a tech support guy with an MBA and 20 years experience who really enjoys his games and wants to play. My advice is to go out and buy yourself a Linksys Router, test it and get your game working (if it doesn't work, take it back and get a different one).
    Last edited by Ransul; Jul 27 2009 at 10:01 PM.

Hometown: Dale. Current: Raingully, The Shire.

Quote Originally Posted by morggin View Post
    so this Stuck on loading screen issue seems to be a problem with the Client Load screen itself ... not a connection issue. Seems to happen a LOT more in Lothlorien than other places. It's as if the next area loaded but the loading screen didn't have a chance to get removed from the client view.
    That's almost exactly what I've found. What I found as that my loading screen often froze when I entered the Archet Jail in the tutorial zone and for a split second I could see my character standing in the room, with Ned in front of and a ring over his head, and everything else perfectly loaded. Then BAM, loading screen goes up and I can't do or see anything until I ctrl+alt+del out.
    It's clearly a problem (for you and I at least) of the loading screen itself rather then the router or anything like that because the data is loading, it's just not letting us interface with it.

So, what do we do here? I lagged out in the 'moors crossing behind TR, and I can't log that character in. I can log every other character, I am on vent, everything is working - - but that one character appears to be gone, locked, unloadable.

EDIT: gave it about 20 minutes, and tried again, it loaded. Not sure how helpful that will be for the next person to suffer this - but there it is... magic?
    Last edited by nuance; Feb 14 2010 at 10:05 PM.
    [size=1][color=lightblue][b][Baruk Khazad][/b] Root ∙ Tree ∙ Vine ∙ Branch ∙ Deadfall ∙ Twig ∙ Jungle ∙ Seedling ∙ Sapling[/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=red][b][Mordor][/b] Disease ∙ Bacterial ∙ Microbe ∙ Allergen[/color][/size]
    [size=1][url]www.baruk.org[/url][/size]

I've had this happening to me. The exact same issues as the second problematic poster here did. Connection 20/20 after a random lockup of character(where everything else works), and then the loading screen issue after.

I've disabled firewall, made exceptions with the firewall, reinstalled, pinged the server, cycled the router/modem.

This problem still persists. It doesn't stay for long, but its about an hour at a time and it happens to me every single night about an hour and a half after I start playing.

I don't understand what could possibly be causing this but its really driving my love for the game away, and I really really love this game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002ee73e/signature.png]Beorbob[/charsig]
    Beorbob-Captain, Robobobo-Minstrel, Bobobobo-Guardian, Robotobobo-Warden
    If it has bob in the name, it's gotta be me!
    Fellowship of the Rogues, iz for Arguin'!

Unhappy Re: Stuck at the Loading Screen

The saga continues, hopefully a cause and solution will appear someday.

I am experiencing the same "stuck at character loading issue" with my main character Icedancer on landroval.
    The irritation is compounded by the fact that I can log in other characters on the same server intermittently.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedancr View Post
    The saga continues, hopefully a cause and solution will appear someday.

I am experiencing the same "stuck at character loading issue" with my main character Icedancer on landroval.
    The irritation is compounded by the fact that I can log in other characters on the same server intermittently.
    I have the same thing. The real interesting part is it only happens in the evening. During the day I don't have any issue playing any character. But at night sometimes it takes 5 or 6 game restarts to get in. I'll alt tab out of the loading screen and check out task manager and the game is using 0% cpu and about 15k memory. Generally when it works the lotroclient is over 400k mem.

Weird issue.

This happens to me probably 80% of the time, even when just switching characters.. then I have to re-start the client and try again... and again... and again.....
    [URL="http://www.council-of-eraidor.com"][/URL]

Angry Re: Stuck at the Loading Screen

This exact problem happens to me all the time, I rarely go to Bree anymore because it happens most when I'm there.

I have this problem too, game freezes at zone borders and while loading.
    Funny thing is when the game has frozen I can still chat for like 5 min before I DC.

I forwarded the correct ports, added exes to exceptions and made sure no other programs are using the ports... but no use!

Help please!

Bump

I know this is an old thread but this issue NEEDS to be addressed, and I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not a client side (customer) error.

LOTRO worked fine for my on the exact same config back on the 14 day trial, now that it's free, it seems like I can't connect at all, I simply time out after selecting my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaindrid View Post
    Bump

I know this is an old thread but this issue NEEDS to be addressed, and I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not a client side (customer) error.

LOTRO worked fine for my on the exact same config back on the 14 day trial, now that it's free, it seems like I can't connect at all, I simply time out after selecting my character.
    I just disconnected and now I'm having something similar to your problem with not being able to connect!
    I tried to log on more than five times and each time is tries to connect to logon server and times out after 20 retries...

Pathetic!

Bump

Keeping this thread alive till we get an answer from Turbine... crashes are getting worse and more frequent at every zone!

There are several possible causes of this and its often one of the below:

Your firewall is not letting the game client (lotroclient.exe) to connect (try pressing "alt" and "enter" to window the game and see if your firewall is behind the game screen asking "Do you want to let "lotroclient.exe" to connect to the internet?")
    The router/modem is not letting it connect
    Malware has set itself up as a "local proxy" and is controlling the internet connection

Try the steps here and the connection related ones here but if its ongoing definitely open a tech support request if you haven't yet because troubleshooting connection issues can be alot more in-depth than can usually be done on the forums.
    Last edited by Mirthgar; Oct 12 2010 at 11:17 AM.
    -Helpful Turbine Support Links-

Note
    : The
    Customer Support forums are best for player-to-player help, for direct official support, please submit a help request via the form here.

After submitting that ticket be sure to log in to your email providers website directly. Check spam/bulk mail folders and add noreply@turbine.com; techsupport@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book as well. All tickets receive a reply but some responses get flagged as such and your email may not tell you it did so.

This problem was common when the rift raid was top, including the loading crashes occurred when we get res. At that time the problem was solved by turbine and never happened until the latest update: Enedwaith.

Since than we have:
    1) Loading crashes, like happened in 2008, time of the rift (when you get loading crash on res loading);
    1) Char snapping when approaching locks like walls, rocks or places that do not allow us to go through;
    2) Rubber bandings constant because, possibly, lack of server capacity to support many simultaneous players.

I believe, or want to believe that turbine is aware of these problems and are solving them. None of them are client side, they are all server side.

Sorry about my english.
    Last edited by leandroalves; Oct 12 2010 at 11:54 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000022a773/01008/signature.png]Dambor[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.flamesofvalar.com/]Flames of Valar, Brazilian Kinship[/url]

Im having the same happen to me. for the past 3 days i have no been able to log on it without it freezing at the login screen. Ive checked Windows Firewall and checked for any updates. I dont know whats wrong with it, the connection is up and running so i dont understand the problem. Any help and the same thing happened to me with the whole freezing part. My dad says its the server but i dont think that.

Problem persists, even on the EU server, so I guess I have to file that ticket pfft

Lightbulb What Worked For Me

What worked for me!:

I had the same problem (stuck at the loading screen after choosing toon). I tried everything I could.

Finally, I tried switching my settings to Direct X 9, rather than Direct X 10. Suddenly everything started working!

Strange, but it loaded right up!

i dont have the exact same problim but i have one: i cant get past the page where it says 'downloading loading screen 1' help?

You might aso want to check your graphics. Mine did that until I went into options and changed my grapghc setting from "directX10" to "directX9" Its worked perfectly since then.

I'm now getting stuck at the loading screen.

the game has been running fine most of the day

I logged out for a short time and now get a message that says I need to go to a microsoft website and download/install a directex file. Microsoft doesn't recognize the exact web address given in the message and forwards to a similar one (different numbers but its the directex redistributable download)

I downloaded and installed that file and still get the same message.

i was having the same problem of getting stuck at the last load screen and am using windows 7 but i went to device manager and to video crad right clicked it and updated it and i have been able to get into the game ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Altumus View Post
    The servers are up and all so maybe its a firewall/router issue, do you have a firewall? If so can you make sure that it has exceptions for LOTRO?
    I have the sam problem, how do i change my firewalls exepttions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast