We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    personality, willingness to teach, skill, and ability to have a jolly good time.

if ur asking "purely skill", then um. i dont know. i never played any other class. as for champ. im quite content with myself.

bwahahahahaha.
    Pure skill is me jonah or slither on any class >_>
    Manhands 50, rank 6 minstrel Leader TABA (nimrodel!!!)
    Boraborn 50 hunter, rank 7 (pre book 12)
    Starfarmer rank 5, 5 star, Warg

Burglar:
    Racquel
    Racquel again
    I <3 Racquel
    Lell

Captain:
    Irphor
    Loscules

Champion:
    Leili
    Vanessa
    Davadin
    Ponks
    EIGHTRINC

Guardian:
    Dhregin (HOW THE HELL DO YOU HOLD SO MUCH AGGRO)

Loremaster:
    Andorin
    Oisal
    Judaran

Minstrel:
    Manhands
    Me (I want to figure out how I killed 3 creeps out of a group of 5 solo =0 )

Hunter:
    Me (I want to teach myself, yes.)
    Spiriel
    Mang (Honorable mention even though he's on Vilya.)

Blackarrow:
    Deathdealer (I'm actually afraid of him.)
    Creamofmushroom (I've never actually paid attention to how he plays, but he's funny as hell)
    Meldrath (HEY CANDACE!)

Spider:
    Cahatalu
    Iomo

Warg:
    Notblondie
    Starfarmer (take what he does and apply it to suicide-bombing)

Warleader:
    Gothnon
    Wordsworth
    Urukind (take what he says and do exactly the opposite)

Preposterone:
    Reaver (I may have mixed that up, oh well)
    Last edited by TSRX; Apr 12 2008 at 07:28 AM.
    Amurard, d'entre les morts

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    So, if you could choose(preferably) one person to teach you their main toons class, be it creep or freep, who would they be? Why? What makes them stand out in your mind over another well played member of that class?
    Is your criteria for PvP, PvE, both, or what? I'm trying to think of my list, but have different players for PvE and PvP.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    Is your criteria for PvP, PvE, both, or what? I'm trying to think of my list, but have different players for PvE and PvP.
    i thought he meant pvp or just overall knowledge of the class.
    oh and on a side note amu...lol...did you seriously just put down eightrinc?
    Last edited by BLoNdiE; Apr 12 2008 at 02:01 PM.
    Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

^^ What do you think the list pertains to?

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]
    Keidynce -- Bael -- Celebriath
    [B]Evil and Stuff Like That[/B]
    Gurthag -- Halwabu -- Druth -- Draghkar -- Snagnakh -- Sigh
    [B]The Black Blade[/B][/CENTER]

touche...lol
    Blame the players.

Better to ask than to assume. Thanks for the answer.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

Eightrinc is (was rather) amazing, Blondie

Nuff said
    Boy I've been gone a long time. You can call me Taorin :)

[color=red][b]Olagaton: Yes I'm sure. I wouldn't have typed it if I wasn't sure.[/color][/b]

Jack of all trades, master of none!

Diversification!

Free your mind and the rest will follow.
    "Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes."
    Arendam 50 Captain, Grogg Rank 7 BA, Shabaz Rank 6 Weaver, Lamentis Rank 6 Warg, Pizzaman Rank 5 Reaver, Dogimed Rank 6 WL, Pestulence Rank 4 Defiler

Yay for being nominated.
    I'd put Irphor in for captain though--I remember him being quite the measure of skill when he was still with OotP and I was starting out in the 'moors.

The only name that I'd include that hasn't yet been mentioned is Wildrun for warg-tutor. He's oldschool and a blast to run with. Too bad he doesn't play his creeps much anymore.
    Graf | Musta

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybatik View Post
    Eightrinc is (was rather) amazing, Blondie

Nuff said
    ROFL he was a major contributer to my old inf gain....too easy...way too easy oh wait im supposed to be ignoring you...hmm forget it
    Blame the players.

Not based purely on class abilities, but on ability to play your class and how well I've interacted with said person in the past. Basically, would I want them to teach me how to play the class. I'm also going to exclude any Legends members since I group with them more often then not, and I enjoy all their company.

Hunter:
    As a Lore-Master, I generally lothe hunters with their perfect timeing to shoow something a mere second after I mez it. I don't even pay attention to hunters, and have never even duo'd with any in the moors. On that note however, Amurard.

Captain:
    Panamir, hands down the most helpful captain I've ever had the pleasure of PVPing with. We kept each other alive and breathing with a whole mess of creeps attacking us. A fine captain indeed, and I'm sure I would learn many a great things from him.

Minstrel:
    Manhands. He beat my Lore-Master in a spar, and I can respect that. He knows the in's and out's of the minstrel class, and that makes him

Champion:
    The only catagory that has more then one entry. Perhaps there are too many champions on the server? Perhaps they are too easy to play! Davadin was always a fearless champion, and willing to help anyone (to a degree) in the 'moors, Slither because his playstyle somewhat matches my own.
    Vanessa also gets special mention here, my leveling partner, and when we would duo in the moors until late at night.

Burgler:
    Racquel, I recall seeing her weave her way in and out of creep groups almost effortlessly.

Guardian:
    Guardians pre-patch were hard to comeby in the Ettenmoors, and the one that sticks out the most in my mind is Dhregrin. He's a pretty easy going guy, and was more then apt at killing stuff, and not taking too much damage... Until he wanted.

I'm also not including a Lore-Master pick because I'm somewhat partial to my playstyle, and I'm awesome.

Creep:
    I'm lumping creeps togeather in general, as I'm not as well versed on classes and players for that side.

Salzor, Nice guy all around, and I always got along with him (even if I was stunning him, or he rooting me. He was the main reason I played my spider more.

Tragg____, I never could spell his name, but he gave me a run for my money in a "spar" one day. Did it again a little later, and he didn't fare as well, but I'd let him teach me the intricacies of reaver play any day.

and finally, a shout out to GoFigure in his original form. After he re-rolled, I didn't notice him as much, but before that, he was always in my face, causing a ruckus.
    [color=#1177ff][U][color=#66ff33][B]L[/B][/color][color=#ccff00]ore-[B][color=#66ff33]M[/color][/B]asterin'[/color][/U][/color] [color=#224422]since 1899[/color]

Minstrel - Manhands (Bora version) - He definitely knows as much as anyone when it comes to PvP, and has adapted his ways onto his minstrel. The downside is that he can be cranky sometimes and gets bored easily with the normal PvP shuffle (who can blame him, though)

Loremaster - This one is hard to decide, but Linderien actually gives Stun Immunity to people other than himself, which is a +1 above most other LM's I have seen, and that tells me that not only does he know what aspects of PvP are important, but is willing to apply them. Windybear/Endaghast as raid leading instructors. Andorin, although I haven't seen him for a long time on his LM in the 'moors was very good, and easy going. Though he was too humble when it came to stars, and would die on purpose to prevent becoming a major target.

Captain - Irphor, Loscules - Irphor has his own unique playstyle and sticks with it regardless of opposition trying to persuade him otherwise. Losc is consistent, friendly and knows his class inside and out.

Champion - There are many skilled pvp champions (davadin, koll, vanessa), but very few (if any) that agree with the playstyle I feel champs should adhere to (play to strengths and away from weaknesses; death can happen, but not be an expectation). Since it is a teaching role, I would have to wait until I find someone who feels similarly in playstyle; That said, Davadin seems like someone that would be very helpful in tutoring

Guardian - This one is tough to decide as well. Dhregin has a great personality and is fun to listen to, so that helps in teaching. Aside from his death-wishes out of sheer boredom, he is a great pvp guardian, imo.

Hunter - Domizor, Hyperion, Aramdor - Domizor was always very friendly and played his class to success. Hyperion used to help lead raids, and was a 5-star hunter, which means he wasn't afraid to utilize all the skills he was given (even under peer pressure). That shows a strength that many people fall short of. Aramdor was just great.

Burglar - Sicebol - Raid leader and while he doesn't play for stars, he does know his class inside and out, and knows the strategies and how to implement them for success solo, in group, or in raid.

Creeps - TBA
    Last edited by olagaton; Apr 13 2008 at 01:26 AM. Reason: edited, added a few I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    Minstrel - Manhands (Bora version) - He definitely knows as much as anyone when it comes to PvP, and has adapted his ways onto his minstrel. The downside is that he can be cranky sometimes and gets bored easily with the normal PvP shuffle (who can blame him, though)
    OMG SLITHER HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING!!! /kick >_>
    Remember that time when helbo let you die at ec.... yaaaaaaaa......

JK i know i would get pissed off in the moors....
    Manhands 50, rank 6 minstrel Leader TABA (nimrodel!!!)
    Boraborn 50 hunter, rank 7 (pre book 12)
    Starfarmer rank 5, 5 star, Warg

I'm glad people are trying to avoid making this a popularity contest, and the list I will give will be based on my past experience playing with and against these people in the ettenmoors.

Burglars:
    Andalusia (sp) - Uses their skills very well, and is up close in the fight a lot of the time, without making a mess of things, one of the better burgs at surviving I would say.
    Gofigure- although hes only level 47, he stuck with my lore-master until the end when we were trying to escape, coming out of stealth to riddle and AOE dust creeps to help me get away, that is very unusual from any class in the moors. He has my respect.

Captain:
    Chamberlin - A friendly guy who I have had lots of charges with, he'll get up close and personal and lead the charge, without forgetting about his responsibilites as a support class, and taking care of his fellows.

Champion:
    Davadin - Balls of steel, and a great leader. He will go as far as he can to deal some damage, and will stick with you until the end. I've seen him throw down some perfect AOE stuns to help a fellow who is getting zerged.
    Slither - He is a great example of what MMOs are about, diversity and playing your character anyway you want, and still being successful. Although he takes major critiscism for his play style, he does a great job of staying true to who he is.

Guardian:
    Dhregin - It's hard to spot a good guardian in the moors, but dhregin pops into my mind first, he is always willing to go into the belly of the beast, knowing he probably won't come out.

Hunter:
    Madmunza - He is a friendly guy, who is always looking to catch creeps. Countless times he has managed to snag a creep in a trap he has set. He has great knowledge of the game and is a pleasure to group with.
    Amurard- Great fun to group with, and he can crank some major damage. Although sometimes I think he's a tank from the social agro he takes in OOC

Lore-Master:
    Milt - Gotta hand it to him, he is always out in the moors. He has become a good player, and fun to group with. He's a pretty good sport.
    Oisal- He knows his stuff inside and out
    Andorin- Although he doesn't play his LM out in the moors much anymore, he knows what he's doing and has a great understanding of how to play a lore-master

Minstrel-
    Manhands- He's a champion that deals tactical damage, he knows everything about the minstrel and every other class, and uses it to his advantage.
    Familiarity- Always trying to heal people, and rez people, even when she is not grouped with them, she is a cheerful person and great to group with.
    There are also many other great minstrels who do their best to heal and help there fellows in the moors!

Black Arrow:
    Laral- Great understanding of the game, and fun to group with.
    Deathdealer- Always seems to get some good shots in

Reaver:
    Preposterone- The guy is a beast.
    Invicti - Great guy, good leader, and he ranked really fast O.o

Stalker:
    There are many great wargs, but it's hard to re-call a few specific names, saying as I can't see you 95% of he time
    Claw
    chargash
    bagntag
    holywarg

War leader
    Gothnon- Great guy, freaking good healer, I don't know how many times he has saved me.

Weaver
    Cahatalu- Great spider, always going after the prime targets, and manages to get a lot of Kbs
    Irphor

Quote Originally Posted by MrBaileyBurt View Post
    Hunter:
    Madmunza - He is a friendly guy, who is always looking to catch creeps. Countless times he has managed to snag a creep in a trap he has set. He has great knowledge of the game and is a pleasure to group with.
    Amurard- Great fun to group with, and he can crank some major damage. Although sometimes I think he's a tank from the social agro he takes in OOC
    Wow. I'm on the list below Madmunza.

I'm gonna delete my hunter now. Bye everyone.

03-20-08
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420b0000000bced4/signature.png]Dreadz[/charsig]
    Dreamlockz R9 Guard//Kean Burg

OMG! Someone buy Noypi a new computer, IMMEDIATELY!
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lasivious Chadbrochill of the Dwarven Habitation for Hobbits, Burglar Extraordinaire.
    [COLOR="White"]Folbane the Dwarven Guardian of like, Moria and stuff.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Nimrodel[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Legends[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggs View Post
    OMG! Someone buy Noypi a new computer, IMMEDIATELY!
    ./signed......

Quote Originally Posted by TSRX View Post
    Wow. I'm on the list below Madmunza.

I'm gonna delete my hunter now. Bye everyone.
    Oh hush amu poo, it wasn't in any specific order
    Irphor

Pssshhhtt at least Amu made the list.

Flarkling and Shooflea's awesome talent for over-using raidshout creepside are being overlooked entirely.

Some people just don't know talent when it's scrolled across their screen in raidshout.

/raidshout GET TO TA MAGGOTS...we have to farm An

The fact that I'm on the same list as him is bad enough.

I'm seriously not playing my hunter anymore, by the way.

The fact that I'm on the same list as him is bad enough.

You don't even play anymore anyway
    Irphor

You too? 8910

FREEPS:

Champions: Koll, Davadin, Hanth, Jesthere and Slither

Guardians: Thunderherald

Hunters: Stharin, Amutard and Kohan

Burglars: Silvi, Xaltemis and Andalusia

LMs: Oisal, Stuns, Turelion and Aiyla

Minstrels: Manhands, Nyia, Ponderosa, Familiarity and Daidrian.

Captains: Loscules

CREEPS:

Reavers: Preposterone, Invicti and Akkraka

Weavers: Cahatahlu, Webspin and Weasly

BAs: Deathdealer, Creamofmushroom and Freepythecreepy

WLs: Gothnon, Killdozer, Notahli, Durassk and Shooflea.

Wargsies: Holywarg, Claw, Gurthag, Starfarmer, Bagntag and Notblondie.

RAID LEADERS:

Preposterone
    Saelob
    Koll/Akkraka
    Manhands/Starfarmer
    Invicti
    Last edited by NKArchy; Apr 14 2008 at 08:27 PM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast