We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Graf you have 1337 (leet) rating. w3rd.

H a i . .
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009cf9b/01004/signature.png]Keidynce[/charsig]
    Keidynce -- Bael -- Celebriath
    [B]Evil and Stuff Like That[/B]
    Gurthag -- Halwabu -- Druth -- Draghkar -- Snagnakh -- Sigh
    [B]The Black Blade[/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    H a i . .
    Oh hai.

New comparison My warsheet is considerably better than it was at r9 :x k/d, kill/kb and kb/death ratios are a lot better now
    [center][size=1].:: [color=#AE2723][b]Nimrodel[/b][/color] ::.
    .:: [color=#E3BD2D][b]Shakran[/b] : r8-Warleader : [b]Daigash[/b] : r7-Stalker[/color] ::.
    .:: [color=#FF9933][b]Decipher[/b] :65: r4-Warden |[/color][color=#CC6F02]| [b]Daidran[/b] :65: r5-Champion || [b]Guthri[/b] :55: r4-Captain[/color] ::.[/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000062b24/01008/signature.png]Daidrian[/charsig][/center]

Since ranking recently I may aswell bump this thread.
    Trickz has the epic War-Tab out of all my toons, nothing exciting here but ./shrug
    EDIT: I also reached Rank 8 acomplishing my goals, which was to have over 1400 KB's and more than twice the amount of KB's than deaths.
    Last edited by OGsam; Aug 06 2010 at 05:47 AM.

One thing's for sure, this thread peaked at post #396.

Quote Originally Posted by FajaSailors View Post
    One thing's for sure, this thread peaked at post #396.
    Nothing more or less special than post #422.
    EDIT: Where did disappear to Milt?
    Last edited by OGsam; Aug 06 2010 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    Finally decided to post it, yeah I got alot of deaths. Only decided to post it because mortalwound was so generous to up my highest rating killed stat.

Thanks mortalwound!! I'm sorry you had to lose 200 rating!!

Reavers never forget burglars that exploited riddle on charge.
    GOOD GOD DAMN DAY! We were laughing so hard.
    Dirtyblonde 65 Burg (Nimrodel) | Notblondie (Nimrodel) | Scratchs (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    Blame the players.
    Battlefield Heroes is really fun!

Blame the players.

I hit Rank 8 on my WL tonight.

What a raid baby.

Grats, babe. Keep on keeping on. Rough house. True story.
    Blame the players.

Every time someone brings this thread back to life I'm reminded how Gurthag presented it with the "no one do anything to turn this into a pissing contest" qualifier, then promptly proceeded to post his video of me getting pwned by Prep. Crazy world.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    Every time someone brings this thread back to life I'm reminded how Gurthag presented it with the "no one do anything to turn this into a pissing contest" qualifier, then promptly proceeded to post his video of me getting pwned by Prep. Crazy world.
    So you're anti-pvp videos?
    Blame the players.

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    So you're anti-pvp videos?
    Yes, you've perfectly captured the entire history behind my comment. A real response requires a long explanation or a yawn. I choose yawn.

Yes, you've perfectly captured the entire history behind my comment. A real response requires a long explanation or a yawn. I choose yawn.
    PvP video = people fighting and losing. That's the whole point of a pvp video. So by complaining about a video which shows pvp I conclude that you must dislike pvp videos. Or just pvp videos with you in them but that's even more funny. Camera shy ftw!
    Blame the players.

Oh hai Milt!

I never looked at this thread until today as I have only been reading the forums for about 4 months and until then my pvp only took place in game lol... But my question is, why the hell did you stand there and try to tank prep? I mean maybe it was different for lms back then? My experience with reavers is to debuff them until their charge runs out, throw a mez on, burning embers, then start running, periodically turning around to reapply slow, and just burning embers them to death. I'm not mocking you at all, just want to know what was different back then cause it seems just standing there and tanking you survived longer than any lm could today in that situation
    Manbeorpig 100 Beorning, Brandywine.

Lots of things were different at the time of that video. Generally, freeps were much better.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post
    Lots of things were different at the time of that video. Generally, freeps were much better.
    Billion times better. LOLcc
    Blame the players.

Billion times better. LOLcc
    ...and after a few years of endless creep QQ, (some of which were my poor little reaver tears) creeps recieved some strength and balance.

The initial idea was that freeps would have less numbers, but be generally more powerful. I think they were going for a more "lore-friendly" magical fun land.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post
    ...and after a few years of endless creep QQ, (some of which were my poor little reaver tears) creeps recieved some strength and balance.

The initial idea was that freeps would have less numbers, but be generally more powerful. I think they were going for a more "lore-friendly" magical fun land.
    Yes, exactly. Creeps are like npcs and need to mob the enemy! Fantastic pvp idea!
    Blame the players.

Yes, exactly. Creeps are like npcs and need to mob the enemy! Fantastic pvp idea!
    Haha yes...needless to say it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by EdalorTrailtamper View Post
    I never looked at this thread until today as I have only been reading the forums for about 4 months and until then my pvp only took place in game lol... But my question is, why the hell did you stand there and try to tank prep? I mean maybe it was different for lms back then? My experience with reavers is to debuff them until their charge runs out, throw a mez on, burning embers, then start running, periodically turning around to reapply slow, and just burning embers them to death. I'm not mocking you at all, just want to know what was different back then cause it seems just standing there and tanking you survived longer than any lm could today in that situation
    Things were far different then. I never even bothered to learn kiting until MoM B7 came out, I didn't carry pots (usually not even morale), etc., etc.. There were very few reavers that could beat me back then even when I was just standing there. That said, obviously I wasn't great at my class. The irony is, I feel I'm 10 times the player now, yet freeps were such easymode back then that my wartab was infinitely better than anything I could produce today. Meh, the good ol' days.

Yeah the initial idea was that each freep was supposed to be super heroic and be able to take on more than one of just about anything without breaking much of a sweat.

But when this actually became possible for certain classes especially CC classes, there were tons of tears.

I remember wandering around on my hunter and seeing 5 creeps attacking one lm, went to help out, and the lm had time to say "no leave them" in OOC lol. two mezzed two rooted while one got killed, meanwhile keeping up CC on the others - picking them off one at a time.

unfortunately I leveled my lm far after this golden age, Even my burg wasn't leveled until after they were hit with a pretty big nerf bat.

- would have loved to play my burg with outrageous evade, crazy CC, be able to stand toe to toe with the toughest reavers.
    Manbeorpig 100 Beorning, Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by EdalorTrailtamper View Post
    unfortunately I leveled my lm far after this golden age, Even my burg wasn't leveled until after they were hit with a pretty big nerf bat.

- would have loved to play my burg with outrageous evade, crazy CC, be able to stand toe to toe with the toughest reavers.
    Yeah, it was pretty damn lulzy. I remember trying to kill oisal. He'd just mez me then eat food and continue to fight. xD

Burgs were so freaking god mode it was hilarious. LMs were too. I beat knokback my first time out on my friends 50 lm that only had just over 2k health (Good ones had 4k) It was so dumb. xD

And as far as burgs go. It wasn't really a nerf bat so much as the caps and decreases in bpe/crits. It just effected some classes more than others I had like ~22%+ in both evade and parry on my burg and really high crit.
    Blame the players.

I just had to laugh at some of the posts complaining about the staleness of PvMP back in 2008 and players already asking for a new map. No one would have guessed it would take nearly 4 years from then to get a new map.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000000d7e9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast