We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Isamrot View Post
    Been experiencing this myself alot lately. The Moors are getting old.
    Yep. Notice how fast the Starfarmer/Assenav/Cowardice/Notblondie group came and went? It was fun for a few weeks and now it's boring again because there's no novelty.
    Amurard, d'entre les morts

What's more depressing is people who are like "Keeps are useless to us lol, let's farm farm farm because renown is SO MUCH BETTER THAN FUN"

I fking hate everyone with that attitude
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by faithvoid View Post
    At least I'm not the only bored and bitter PvMper out there. I don't know about you, but I'm glad I at least I got 8-9 months of fun outta it before it got so stale that I find myself logging in, joining a raid and being like 'what am I doing here?' and clicking the little exit game button.
    Yep. I'm playing another game and having fun. I do miss my kinmates and some of the people I've met in the game, but I don't miss a broken and frustrating pvp experience.

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    You are far from the only of us burnt out Words...many of the Blade are freep'n or taking themselves a break too.

Too many things wrong with the Moors...just not the enjoyably frustrating place it once was.
    +1 to this. I'm sure EQ2 (that's what I'm playing now) pvp is just as broken and so I haven't even rolled on the pvp server yet, but overall the game is more fun for me. I can solo readily and still have a lot of fun in group and raid content as well. There is a ton of content since it is an older game and I don't have to try and generate fun there.

I'm certainly not heading to AoC or WAR anytime soon. They can spend a year ironing out their bugs and pvp balance issues and then maybe I'll give it a spin. The last thing I want to do, again, is invest a lot of time in some characters only to find the pvp system is gimped or the characters are pvp useless. Hopefully when the paid content release of LotR comes around this winter they will have fixed the pvp here and there will be some interesting pve twists.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.

Thumbs up Re: Nimrodel's First Peaceful PvMP Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut View Post
    Here is a more up-to-date pic of my stats:

I wish my "kills above rating" would increase, but ya'll are just too darn awesome!

Also, here is a pic of the most damage I've done. Pretty sad, yes, but that's the way of the warg.

That's not with Shadow Fang, of course.
    thats when i was a pathetic 48 and sucked
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ff0000]High Chieftain Dafromanx - Blackarrow[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=#008000][B]Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#2f4f4f]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffa500]If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    i miss the times i actually see the 'moors that way.

now..

there's no exploring.
    there's no learning curve.
    there's no tactics.
    there's no mammoth scale battles.
    there's no tense.
    there's no defeat or victories.

there's nothing to gain but renown and ratings.
    Spot on!

new PvMP area will change all that, i tell ya!
    We can only hope it's a 180 degree turnaround from what is currently in game.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

there is no pvp here, just keeps and alot of npc's that freeps/creeps rely on to force wipes of the other side and either consider it a roll or think they are farming
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by faithvoid View Post
    At least I'm not the only bored and bitter PvMper out there. I don't know about you, but I'm glad I at least I got 8-9 months of fun outta it before it got so stale that I find myself logging in, joining a raid and being like 'what am I doing here?' and clicking the little exit game button.
    Thats how i was for the week i was playing before i broke down and bought WoW, you got about the same amount of time out of pvp as i did, book 12 just made it stale, and i think sped up the proccess for some of us taking a break.
    Manhands 50, rank 6 minstrel Leader TABA (nimrodel!!!)
    Boraborn 50 hunter, rank 7 (pre book 12)
    Starfarmer rank 5, 5 star, Warg

I love freep raids with koll leading them. They are amazing, and the most fun i've had in this game in ages.
    Irphor

Last night was a good laugh right before Thunderherald hit rank 7 (and congratulations to him on that!) and that sort of stuff I miss in the Ettenmoors. I just think it's more of the people that are there in the raids than the overall tactics.

When you have good people leading, and 23 other people listening, and everybody having a good time then the Ettenmoors can be great.

Now if only I can get that warrior title - creeps beware!

im too lazy to actually read anything in this thread, but i do have oen thing to say:

peace is so overrated
    [center][font=Arial][size=2]
    [color=#0066cc]Skorp, lvl 100 HNT - Tailor[/color] | [color=#00FF00]Skorpling, lvl 61 BRN - Cook[/color]
    [color=#ff0000]Ambein, lvl 68 Human LRM - Scholar[/color] | [color=#FFA500]Skorpedo, lvl 52 WDN - Woodworker[/color] | [color=#FFFF00]Lengram, lvl 49 RNK - Jeweller[/color]
    Eruchin - Formerly of Nimrodel Server | Current Arkenstoner
    [/size][/font][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Last night was a good laugh right before Thunderherald hit rank 7 (and congratulations to him on that!) and that sort of stuff I miss in the Ettenmoors. I just think it's more of the people that are there in the raids than the overall tactics.

When you have good people leading, and 23 other people listening, and everybody having a good time then the Ettenmoors can be great.

Now if only I can get that warrior title - creeps beware!
    gratz thunder!
    [COLOR=#008000][B]Third Marshal Cillidellan - Elf Guardian[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#2f4f4f]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffa500]If you just do stuff, and nothing happens... what does it all mean? What's the point?[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by putnal008 View Post
    A wonderful story unfolded today...make of it what you will.

Earlier today I was a bit bored and short on silver. I decided to head on down to Hoarhallow after making a quick circuit of the map for solo targets. Once down there I began to fight the NPC's at the south end of the island and collect root, twigs and branches from the area. After a short time at this I noticed my computer rendering something, and as I have come to recognize, there were freeps in the immediate vicinity.

So I get into stealth and begin to investigate. I find Graf(captain, lvl 50) chasing a Rank 1 reaver through the fields, soon to be joined by Dafromanz(champion, lvl 50). I follow and fail to see if they managed to defeat their target. Shortly there after a third joins their number, Higiliak(hunter, lvl 47). They begin to move around, hunting other players. Higiliak constantly tracked, though they must have seen I was close, they never tracked me but I kept my distance all the same. They began to migrate towards the spider lair ENE of Hoarhallow and west of the Lumber Camp in Grimwood. They were then joined by a fourth, Madame(burglar, lvl 47). Not long after this I noticed Graf reading a lovely looking piece of parchment, with which he seemed to be recalling somewhere he had once been.

Knowing my chances at following him were slim, I decided to tail the other three Heroes. It wasn't too long before they lost their composure and Dafromanz was left behind by Higiliak and Madame, who proceeded to swim across the Hoardale to the north.

Seeing this, I took my chances. I came from stealth with my claws and after tough times and circle strafing I managed to take down that pesky hunter all the while Madame did her best to protect their hides. Once Higiliak was defeated I began to move onto the burglar, attempting to place slows and bleeds on them in the case they tried to escape my clutches. Not too long into our bout, Dafromanz appeared from the river and I decided to rejoin with my long time friend, stealth.

Now that Dafro had choosen to disrupt our fun, I began to harass the two with claws and stuns, all the while playing hit and run. Stun one while they attempted to mount up, knock the second off their already mounted horse, and so on. Madame apparently did not appreciate this as she soon managed to slip my grasp and left back towards Hoarhallow. I saw my chance...I brought Dafromanz down and took my chances. I quickly burnt down little more than half of his morale when he decided to use his Strength of Morale and continue the fight. We rounded each other, pounding away. Once I began to get low on morale I popped my lovely new potion which restores around one thousand and five hundred morale. At this point he seemed to sense his defeat and turned tail. I initiated my run down sequence and managed to get him just before he ran into those horrible troll NPCs.

Thinking all was done, I saluted Dafro for his fight in the only way I can...I howled in thanks for his blood. Apparently he wasn't happy with this and shortly after I spotted Madame coming to rejoin the fight. I managed to get into stealth just as she made it into range. Opening with a pounce and following up with some fast and heavy damage, I forced her to use Strength of Morale also and she promptly HiPS'd when the fight was clearly mine. Whether because of inexperience or mis placed confidence, she uncloaked while swimming the river, and I gave chase. Beginning the fight again on the far shore, I managed to force her yet again to HiPS, but not before I managed to land a nasty bleed. Shortly thereafter she reappeared, attempting to make it into the Elven encampment not far off. With Touch and Go up, the damage just wasn't being done, so I used one last tactic. Disappear to regain stealth, after which I followed her into the Elf Camp and defeated her with my claws just meters from First Marshall An.

------

Was an invigorating battle, and very nice to see that some players are still out there willing to attempt small group/solo battles on the fringe of the carnage.

For those disbelievers...below is my chat log capture. And for the doubters, a screenie of the time of day with the in game message for the saving of the chat log.

-----

### Chat Capture: General 03/26 04:22 PM ###
    You've earned 3 destiny points.
    The Krahjarn Iron-defender defeated the Coldfells Hunter.
    Thistledown Charger threatens to attack!
    Too far away.
    Your mighty blow defeated Coldfells Hunter.
    You've earned 2 destiny points.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Shakgaash defeated Coldfells Hunter.
    Too far away.
    Cannot harm target.
    Shakgaash defeated Coldfells Hunter.
    Your action was interrupted.
    You cannot do that right now.
    Your mighty blow defeated Hoarhallow Farmer.
    You've earned 4 destiny points.
    Not enough Power.
    Shakgaash defeated Hoarhallow Gardener.
    Your mighty blow defeated Hoarhallow Gardener.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    The target is dead.
    Too far away.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    Your mighty blow topples Higiliak.
    You've earned 54 infamy points.
    You've earned 27 destiny points.

You need a valid target.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    You have spotted a creature attempting to move stealthily about.
    Too far away.
    Target is already in a fellowship.
    Too far away.
    You cannot do that in combat.
    Too far away.
    You cannot do that in combat.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    You must face target.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Your mighty blow topples Dafromanz.
    You've earned 110 infamy points.
    You've earned 55 destiny points.

Not enough Power.
    You talk with Dafromanz.
    Too far away.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    Too far away.
    Dafromanz has succumbed to his wounds.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Too far away.
    Not enough Power.
    Too far away.
    Coldfells Champion says, ''Strike true against these whelps of Angmar!''
    Your mighty blow topples Madame.
    You've earned 120 infamy points.
    You've earned 60 destiny points.

Invalid target.
    Madame has succumbed to her wounds.
    Coldfells Champion says, ''Split their skulls and they'll no longer rise!''

haha i remember that: awesome job
    [/CENTER]

it bothers me that burgs HIPS during a 1v1 combat when it doesn't go their way.. just bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    it bothers me that burgs HIPS during a 1v1 combat when it doesn't go their way.. just bad form.
    As do wargz

Heck they'll even HIPS when it's 5 v 1 against me. But burgs would probably do the same, although I dont think a creep could burn a burg down that low when being pounded on by 4 others xD
    Boy I've been gone a long time. You can call me Taorin :)

[color=red][b]Olagaton: Yes I'm sure. I wouldn't have typed it if I wasn't sure.[/color][/b]

I couldn't disagree more. Whether a burg is incredibly overpowered in pvp is one thing, but I use and expect others to use every skill they have to win and not die for the benefit of the group. I expect hunters to DF and if they don't they are probably stupid (not brave). I expect a warg to disappear and try and escape or make it back for the bubble and if they don't they aren't playing to their fullest or supporting the group. There are always exceptions to this but I certainly don't consider it bad form to use all the skills available.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreBrand View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Whether a burg is incredibly overpowered in pvp is one thing, but I use and expect others to use every skill they have to win and not die for the benefit of the group. I expect hunters to DF and if they don't they are probably stupid (not brave). I expect a warg to disappear and try and escape or make it back for the bubble and if they don't they aren't playing to their fullest or supporting the group. There are always exceptions to this but I certainly don't consider it bad form to use all the skills available.
    Uh thats not my point at all, you said group combat, I said 1v1. Leaving a 1v1 via DF or HIPS is just a way of showing that you're an opportunist that isn't willing to die when you can just escape using an easy button that not all classes have the privelege of.

Uh thats not my point at all, you said group combat, I said 1v1. Leaving a 1v1 via DF or HIPS is just a way of showing that you're an opportunist that isn't willing to die when you can just escape using an easy button that not all classes have the privelege of.
    Indeed

Why enter or accept a 1 v 1 when you have no intention on dying even if the odds that you will are fairly high? It's just stupid and a waste of time
    Boy I've been gone a long time. You can call me Taorin :)

[color=red][b]Olagaton: Yes I'm sure. I wouldn't have typed it if I wasn't sure.[/color][/b]

Escaping is definitely part of winning. People do it in other games all the time. Standing there and taking a beating you can't win seems foolish to me. Somewhere in this game we invented some odd rules about pvp that we expect other people to adhere to.

When the Delving came out some burg tried to gank me from Grams to DG on my BA. He wasn't very good and I would make it to the NPC's before he could kill me and he couldn't quite stand up to a few NPCs plus having me root/snare/DOT him. I think it would have been stupid of me to feed him renown and try and solo him and I felt good about getting away. I also think it was smart of him to leave until he could get an opportune moment. He called some freep friends to help but I made it to DG by then.

So my point is that you shouldn't expect other people to play by rules that a subset of players invent. The only real rule I have (or had) was that if you're grouping to support the group to the best of your ability. Even though I hate cross vent communication and flipping they aren't rules I cant expect others to adhere to.

Escaping is definitely part of winning. People do it in other games all the time. Standing there and taking a beating you can't win seems foolish to me. Somewhere in this game we invented some odd rules about pvp that we expect other people to adhere to.

When the Delving came out some burg tried to gank me from Grams to DG on my BA. He wasn't very good and I would make it to the NPC's before he could kill me and he couldn't quite stand up to a few NPCs plus having me root/snare/DOT him. I think it would have been stupid of me to feed him renown and try and solo him and I felt good about getting away. I also think it was smart of him to leave until he could get an opportune moment. He called some freep friends to help but I made it to DG by then.

So my point is that you shouldn't expect other people to play by rules that a subset of players invent. The only real rule I have (or had) was that if you're grouping to support the group to the best of your ability. Even though I hate cross vent communication and flipping they aren't rules I cant expect others to adhere to.
    If a burg has to HiPS out of a 1v1 it means they're totally ****ing incompetent and can't even beat a solo creep with the most godmode PvP class. Escaping is acknowleding that you can't actually defeat your enemy, and is thus an acknowledgement of defeat.

My Milkshake Brings All The Brothers To The Yard!
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Tsion[/B][/COLOR] - [B]R10[/B] [B]Captain, [COLOR="Magenta"]Candyman[/COLOR][/B] [B]of[/B] [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nimrodel[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Leader/Founder of[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Dancing Tsions™[/COLOR][/B]
    [CENTER][COLOR="Lime"][B]Throwing Axe KB Count:[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR="Yellow"]Collector of Juice™[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TSRX View Post
    If a burg has to HiPS out of a 1v1 it means they're totally ****ing incompetent and can't even beat a solo creep with the most godmode PvP class. Escaping is acknowleding that you can't actually defeat your enemy, and is thus an acknowledgement of defeat.
    Yep and bingo. If you have to run away then you are defeated to a point. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Why give up your gold/renown/infamy/items for a total nuke defeat? Whats the purpose in that? This game has no real pvp penalty. Hell it barely has a pve death penalty so maybe you don't care if you die, but most competative pvp games have some sort of penalty (you drop money, items, and/or lose status and xp).

Pulling back to make another attack seems like a much smarter strategy than just sitting there and dying.

And yes that burg wasn't very good, but he was persistent. I'm sure with much more practice he's now ganking the hell out of newbie creeps.

If you accept a 1V1, fight for a while and then run away once you realize that you are screwed you are nothing more than a coward. there is no penalty, unless you are a R10 with 5stars and you get killed by a greenie with a zero rating your rating will not drop more than 10. It is disrespectful and cheap to deny your victorous opponent with well earned renown/infamy.

That is if you ACCEPT the 1v1, if you know that there is no way that you'll win and or dont feel like fighting then whatever, df hips or sprint away!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321301000009f9aa/signature.png]Arachnorexia[/charsig]

Yep and bingo. If you have to run away then you are defeated to a point. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Why give up your gold/renown/infamy/items for a total nuke defeat? Whats the purpose in that? This game has no real pvp penalty. Hell it barely has a pve death penalty so maybe you don't care if you die, but most competative pvp games have some sort of penalty (you drop money, items, and/or lose status and xp).
    You should die because if you fight in the 1v1, you accept the challenge of it and you think you can win. If you run away without trying to fight in the first place then you either don't think you can win or you're just a starhugger, but I guess go ahead and try to get away. But accepting a 1v1, fighting it down till you have 500 health and then hitting HiPS is just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by reuben303998 View Post
    If you accept a 1V1, fight for a while and then run away once you realize that you are screwed you are nothing more than a coward. there is no penalty, unless you are a R10 with 5stars and you get killed by a greenie with a zero rating your rating will not drop more than 10. It is disrespectful and cheap to deny your victorous opponent with well earned renown/infamy.

That is if you ACCEPT the 1v1, if you know that there is no way that you'll win and or dont feel like fighting then whatever, df hips or sprint away!
    Quote Originally Posted by TSRX View Post
    You should die because if you fight in the 1v1, you accept the challenge of it and you think you can win. If you run away without trying to fight in the first place then you either don't think you can win or you're just a starhugger, but I guess go ahead and try to get away. But accepting a 1v1, fighting it down till you have 500 health and then hitting HiPS is just pathetic.
    Like I said you guys can make up your own rules and create your own honor system all you want but no one has to accept it. In fact most people probably don't read these forums and have no idea what kind of convoluted system you've created to make yourselves feel like better pvp players.

There is no penalty at all in this game at all. There is a minor repair bill (big deal), but no real incentive to survive. Stars mean nothing. If you were say to lose 10% of your wealth or drop your weapon or armour you were wearing or perhaps delevel then you would consider how cowardly living to the next fight really is. Who cares about starhugging. Why do people "hug stars"? Because it's a way to try and add value and merit to a meritless casual intramural style of pvp.

There is no penalty at all in this game at all. There is a minor repair bill (big deal), but no real incentive to survive. Stars mean nothing. If you were say to lose 10% of your wealth or drop your weapon or armour you were wearing or perhaps delevel then you would consider how cowardly living to the next fight really is. Who cares about starhugging. Why do people "hug stars"? Because it's a way to try and add value and merit to a meritless casual intramural style of pvp.
    What's your point, I really don't understand. There's no real incentive to survive? Okay, then running away from a 1v1 is stupid. So you agree.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast