We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Orc and Uruk Racial Traits

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone here on what they think of the racial traits for orcs and uruks. It seems quite obvious to everyone I've talked to that some traits are clearly aimed at a certain class, not both classes that get the trait.

For example: Blood of Fire was more clearly aimed at defilers, imo, than reavers. I mean, do reavers really need to be reflecting damage from every hit? On the same note, if a defiler pushes enough to hit r9, what does having Dying Rage bring to the table? We can heal for a lot and then die?

As for Uruks, anyone and their brother can rank a BA in the SoM moors, with more and more hitting r9 every day. That said, should they be able to full heal 6 random targets? It seems very reasonable for a warleader to get a 4-5k heal that's instacast for everyone in their group at r9, but for BA's a full heal is just unreasonable.

Just looking for feedback from the community on the topic, as I would personally like to see a few of these racials adjusted.
    [URL=http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/Raptor254/media/KhruneSigR10.png.html][IMG]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af165/Raptor254/KhruneSigR10.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Khrune - r10 Defiler ---- Drauganca - r8 Warg ---- Frumontyrii-1 - r6 Captain ---- Cuglin - r6 Hunter ---- Tumalnar - Warden

Re: Orc and Uruk Racial Traits

Quote Originally Posted by Cuglin View Post
    For example: Blood of Fire was more clearly aimed at defilers, imo, than reavers. I mean, do reavers really need to be reflecting damage from every hit?
    Except Blood of Fire was in the game before the Defiler class existed.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

Granted, but when the game first released everyone was r0. The devs didn't exactly consider further implications of these skills back then, hence the creation of this thread.
    [URL=http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/Raptor254/media/KhruneSigR10.png.html][IMG]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af165/Raptor254/KhruneSigR10.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Khrune - r10 Defiler ---- Drauganca - r8 Warg ---- Frumontyrii-1 - r6 Captain ---- Cuglin - r6 Hunter ---- Tumalnar - Warden

As for Uruks, anyone and their brother can rank a BA in the SoM moors, with more and more hitting r9 every day. That said, should they be able to full heal 6 random targets? It seems very reasonable for a warleader to get a 4-5k heal that's instacast for everyone in their group at r9, but for BA's a full heal is just unreasonable.
    Get a Grip needs a change. 3-4k on a 30ish minute cd would be reasonable as well as making it affect group mates only.

Granted, but when the game first released everyone was r0. The devs didn't exactly consider further implications of these skills back then, hence the creation of this thread.
    Originally, there were no skills, or even new skins, for creeps past rank 5. BoF was added in books much later when the delving was released.

Unless the devs fix it soon, then it's going to get increasingly worse with Turbines need to increase creeps morale by 1-2k every expansion.

I'm basically suggesting that Uruk Heal get changed to a two target heal: yourself and one selected ally (regardless of whether grouped or not). However, I also propose changing it to a 4,000ish heal, give or take. You could even make it 3,500 and allow it a critical chance like all other heals.
    I suggested this elsewhere, and would be overjoyed with it. It would put it more on par with Triumphant Spirit. The reason I suggest being able to hit it on other other person in or out of group is because it is incredibly frustrating as a war leader to watch an un-grouped friend die because CtW is on CD, at least then I'd be able to help them every once in awhile.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone here on what they think of the racial traits for orcs and uruks. It seems quite obvious to everyone I've talked to that some traits are clearly aimed at a certain class, not both classes that get the trait.

For example: Blood of Fire was more clearly aimed at defilers, imo, than reavers. I mean, do reavers really need to be reflecting damage from every hit? On the same note, if a defiler pushes enough to hit r9, what does having Dying Rage bring to the table? We can heal for a lot and then die?

Just looking for feedback from the community on the topic, as I would personally like to see a few of these racials adjusted.
    Khrune, i respect you but dont swing the nerf bat at me homey. That is uncalled for. And your a fricking creep for godsake. Why the hell would u want to do that?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b450e/signature.png]Lugpoop[/charsig]

Does Dying Rage give a healing bonus to a defiler?
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aff13/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    Does Dying Rage give a healing bonus to a defiler?
    As far as I know it would, seeing as it increases damage output, and for a defiler +damage directly correlates to +healing.

I mean seriously u dont even play a uruk, half the time u pop the heal, and it maybe healz 3, rarely does it save all six. U guys are screaming nerf for this skill and i can guarantee it doesnt heal six fully. Alot of the damn time it healz sixofsix's damn babies for christ sake. So u F ing ****'s that are screaming nerf bat are Finglame. Jesus christ, alot of the nerf batters don't even have uruk's.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b450e/signature.png]Lugpoop[/charsig]

I'm clearly disappointed in u nerf batters
    Last edited by ikillberyls; Aug 14 2010 at 07:24 PM.

You mean anyone in there bros. can rank a defiler, can rank a warg, can rank a WL, can rank a reaver. Khrune its all the same bro... TIME<TIME<TIME. If u got the time u got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ikillberyls View Post
    You mean anyone in there bros. can rank a defiler, can rank a warg, can rank a WL, can rank a reaver. Khrune its all the same bro... TIME<TIME<TIME. If u got the time u got it.
    dude, chill...and take time to actually give a dignified response. lol, he's just trying to throw some ideas out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206010000055f7f/signature.png]Ryucrat[/charsig]

Actually changing the skill to healing in group, would make it even more O.P. So nerf the skill, by not touching it. . Thx and have a great day . Oh and change enhanced gash to stun all the time .

I mean seriously u dont even play a uruk, half the time u pop the heal, and it maybe healz 3, rarely does it save all six. U guys are screaming nerf for this skill and i can guarantee it doesnt heal six fully. Alot of the damn time it healz sixofsix's damn babies for christ sake. So u F ing ****'s that are screaming nerf bat are Finglame. Jesus christ, alot of the nerf batters don't even have uruk's.
    For starters, you clearly forgot that this is a game, chill out. Take your happy pills, and relax. You clearly have a different experience to some of us. Generally speaking if there are six people/things around me, it will always hit six. That may include folks at full health, pets, those needing it, folks I wish it wouldn't hit because I don't like, etc. The fact of the matter stands, that rank is becoming easier to get, and rank nine is almost a baseline for a decent rank nowdays. Keeping that in mind, and the higher server's population, I can safely say that there are a lot of rank nine plus uruks around.

I have an uruk. War Leader, rank twelve. I'm not asking for a nerf of the skill - I'm asking for a change. My suggestion promotes a few things. Firstly, if gives YOU the heal, and one other person YOU TARGET. This is an instant advantage to uruks, knowing that your major "OMGHALP!" response is at the bare minimum going to hit YOU, and you're not playing the lottery. Secondly, you still get to heal a friend if they ever need it. God knows the amount of times I've hit the button hoping to hit someone who desperately needs it, and it hits the six people behind me running away - who don't need it.

Relax. Make some suggestions, and realise change isn't a terrible thing! We can make it a GOOD change if we offer constructive critism to our skills.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

As a rank 9 WL and a rank 9 BA, I'm telling you it needs to be changed. Maybe if you're a raid baby then I can see your issue with it not healing your intended targets. In which case some of the suggestions that have already been given in this very thread would remedy that. Give a little take a little.

Personally, I'd rather have a pretty good skill that's 100% consistent than one that extremely powerful on occasion. Although, with small group play, it is extremely powerful consistently on too short of a cd.

Well for starters this isn't the right thread to offer some constructive criticism in, and secondly, did u just imply that i am a raid baby? Coming from FF? I have been to E, and E IS the definition of raid, or should i say Zerg/lagfest. And to hear this nerf from my fellow run with creeps, that have said BIG HEAL BIG HEAL BIG HEAL, Oh thx man whew!! Then to go flip mode, and scream nerf bat. Oh btw take those F ing pills and shove them in your cavity which u call a ***** donor.

Well for starters this isn't the right thread to offer some constructive criticism in, and secondly, did u just imply that i am a raid baby? Coming from FF? I have been to E, and E IS the definition of raid, or should i say Zerg/lagfest. And to hear this nerf from my fellow run with creeps, that have said BIG HEAL BIG HEAL BIG HEAL, Oh thx man whew!! Then to go flip mode, and scream nerf bat. Oh btw take those F ing pills and shove them in your cavity which u call a ***** donor.
    You're the only one that keeps saying nerf. "Changes" does not by any means mean nerf.

So, go **** yourself too buddy and I'll add a to make it look like I'm kidding too.

Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    For starters, you clearly forgot that this is a game, chill out. Take your happy pills, and relax. You clearly have a different experience to some of us. Generally speaking if there are six people/things around me, it will always hit six. That may include folks at full health, pets, those needing it, folks I wish it wouldn't hit because I don't like, etc. The fact of the matter stands, that rank is becoming easier to get, and rank nine is almost a baseline for a decent rank nowdays. Keeping that in mind, and the higher server's population, I can safely say that there are a lot of rank nine plus uruks around.

I have an uruk. War Leader, rank twelve. I'm not asking for a nerf of the skill - I'm asking for a change. My suggestion promotes a few things. Firstly, if gives YOU the heal, and one other person YOU TARGET. This is an instant advantage to uruks, knowing that your major "OMGHALP!" response is at the bare minimum going to hit YOU, and you're not playing the lottery. Secondly, you still get to heal a friend if they ever need it. God knows the amount of times I've hit the button hoping to hit someone who desperately needs it, and it hits the six people behind me running away - who don't need it.

Relax. Make some suggestions, and realise change isn't a terrible thing! We can make it a GOOD change if we offer constructive critism to our skills.
    But... but... your grandchildren need heals too!

Even my Signature is trolling!

Not trying to call for a nerf on Uruk heal, I'm simply asking for feedback from the community, as it seems to be a very unreliable and potentially overpowered skill in it's current state. Many warleaders I've seen mention that they'd like to see it changed to become more reliable, I'm just wondering what exactly they'd like to see changed, and there's already been some good feedback on this thread.

So calm down Lugpoop, I'm not calling for a nerf on your heal, I just want to see what others would like to see changed about it.

I gave a response to something like this on Beta. Please do not nerf the 100% maximum health heal. Its not just a heal but it's also an escape/recovery skill. The only one a Blackarrow currently gets. A skill earned thru rank! It makes the WLs even more useful once they get it.

If you want changes, make it heal only those who are in your GROUP including the caster. No other change is needed; it works fine as it was meant to except that its so random that with more than 6 people around you it can often miss healing yourself. By adjusting it to a group heal you can prevent it from doing that. Then it won't really be a nerf.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000e52a1/signature.png]Nihlithak[/charsig]

clearly the given randomhealz it gives out does not make it a overpowered skill, it makes it a chaotic heal while grouped. Solo it can even be chaotic, if your not grouped but u have others around. Shoot there are times the skill gets burned, and i die at the same time. There are its ups and downs, and that's the beauty of it. Shoot if **** like that didn't happen it would be a perfect MMO, and i dont believe there is a such thing. But to take it away all together, which is what I've heard countless times is bantha fodder. Usually by bumbling burglars. Khrune much respect due to you, cuz your a pal, but think of this ok, you want a change to the uruk heal, so what kind of change? What else can happen? Its either a nerf or it gets stripped. But were all preaching to the choir anyway, if the post is not in the proper thread.

Dying Rage does not give the 50% bonus to heals,tested it a few times and it is a no go,which continues to leave at at 100% useless as a racial instead of maybe only 95% useless.
    [center][color=purple]I'm an anomaly of conversation, I'm honoring confrontation.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Slavik View Post
    Dying Rage does not give the 50% bonus to heals,tested it a few times and it is a no go,which continues to leave at at 100% useless as a racial instead of maybe only 95% useless.
    Well that's disappointing, and makes me wish Turbine would just make Dying Rage a reaver-only skill and give defilers something useful

In a bush outside GV ... where's my traffic?

clearly the given randomhealz it gives out does not make it a overpowered skill, it makes it a chaotic heal while grouped. Solo it can even be chaotic, if your not grouped but u have others around. Shoot there are times the skill gets burned, and i die at the same time. There are its ups and downs, and that's the beauty of it. Shoot if **** like that didn't happen it would be a perfect MMO, and i dont believe there is a such thing. But to take it away all together, which is what I've heard countless times is bantha fodder. Usually by bumbling burglars. Khrune much respect due to you, cuz your a pal, but think of this ok, you want a change to the uruk heal, so what kind of change? What else can happen? Its either a nerf or it gets stripped. But were all preaching to the choir anyway, if the post is not in the proper thread.

I don't like his hostile approach, but he's right

it is a very hit or miss skill
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c01000004ae2f/signature.png]Rashkosh[/charsig]

[I][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]KHAOS[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~~~~~ WL of Riddermark[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [I][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Officer of the SABOTAGE TRIBE[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

The uruk heal is far larger than triumphant spirit heal single and multiple targets, there is no freep skill of comparison really. Just because the heal doesn't heal who you want it to heal 100% of the time, doesn't mean it heals less, not counting those who you wish not to heal doesn't discount them from the heal effect.

I could argue that the effectiveness of the heal is equal. However it raises the question about healing out of group, triumphant spirit cannot heal anyone out of group, I cannot save anyone out of group on my minstrel, but you can on your uruk. I would say over all by comparison triumphant spirit is less effective by comparing 3 criteria, effectiveness, heal amount and functionality out of group.

So I conclude from your post, that you wish to have it effect the targets you want to heal. The only possible way of doing this correctly is by grouping with them. So what I should say really is, you are asking for a group heal component instead of a 6 target heal component to your uruk racial heal. I wouldn't object but I would argue that triumphant spirit ( the closest comparable skill possibly to use and functionality would not be close to the uruk heal after the desired changes ), you basically want this skill to be perfect and not have any flaws or areas of weakness.

I think the skill is a little overpowered in small groups, and working as intended in raid situations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast