We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: A Captain's Standard

Quote Originally Posted by MorningStarSE View Post
    I'm sure its all about what a captain can do and what a captain can't do.
    At least the jumping part is helpful in Moria, so many holes around...
    [HR][/HR][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001b8693/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post
    Hah...I actually thought about this thread last night as we were jumping down into the Hall of Mirrors...trying not to slide and end up on top of the matron.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Jump at a right angle to the crabans, no speed buff required.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001586d6/signature.png]Fenro[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Drexlorn View Post

the Force is strong within you. No wonder why we have a length on the other classes in end-game content. We know how to jump properly.

Though what i meant when i wrote the previous statement was about "how to use the game mechanic". The art of using your environment to achieve something. I don't mean about "bugging"* or "exploiting"* but about the very basic "learn to move"... Jumping is just the first step to this dance..

* Here something you should not do (oh and there is a link to another epic deed of pure leetness).
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; Aug 10 2009 at 04:28 PM.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Just did this on my Captain, and while I agree that it isn't really lore-appropriate, the quest isn't too hard once you find the right place to jump (hint: corner to corner)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a3850/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Amazing that this has so many responses. I am a new player having never played any MMO and this was very simple indeed. I remember thinking that there must be more to this as it is a Captains class quest. What is all the fuss about. Hahaha..this is a pleasure compared to the lvl 45 class quests. That one you can whine about.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001259ce/01003/signature.png]Arronthor[/charsig]

I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but purges do happen on these forums, and this thread has a lot of good info. I'm about to attempt this with my captain, and reading through this thread has been a help in preparing for it...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

For those helpful folks in this thread... /salute

Go up on the platform, turn to the right and make a jump across. Run up to the birds on the right side, far enough so you don't draw aggro from the other set.

Kill the birds. Resummon the herald, then you should be okay.

Good luck.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000000466/01008/signature.png]Vlasnir[/charsig]
    [url]http://actolytes.guildlaunch.com[/url] | Follow @AcolytesKinship

This thread is often revitalized, so I'm posting in it to save it from forum purge.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    This thread is often revitalized, so I'm posting in it to save it from forum purge.

When i saw it i was like "hmm this looks like deja vue..". I started to look at the start date and read.. and then start to laugh so loud after reading all the name in the thread..

PS: Thanks for the stuff

Oh and i just realize i'll be doing that quest 'again' soon.. Let see if i can remember it correctly. If not, well, i'm Dooommmed !!! I guess i'll return there at level 65 with full radiance !
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; May 27 2010 at 11:07 PM.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by MorningStarSE View Post
    Oh and i just realize i'll be doing that quest 'again' soon.. Let see if i can remember it correctly. If not, well, i'm Dooommmed !!! I guess i'll return there at level 65 with full radiance !
    Why would your level or your Radiance have anything to do with being able to complete the jump in this quest?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

+10 Leaping distance buff on the Captains Set of the Impala.

>;-}

ETA: It doesn't make any difference, we're joking that a veteran captain would end up not having their level 30 quest done until level 65.
    Last edited by Lupini; May 29 2010 at 10:48 AM.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Why would your level or your Radiance have anything to do with being able to complete the jump in this quest?

I was sarcastic, i mean is that illegal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    +10 Leaping distance buff on the Captains Set of the Impala.

>;-}

ETA: It doesn't make any difference, we're joking that a veteran captain would end up not having their level 30 quest done until level 65.

Lupini knows
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; May 30 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    [/COLOR]

Did the OP question get answered? I'll give you a hint... to get across, you don't jump the direction that the wall runs. All of the hallways are not the same distance wide. If you aren't making it across, you try a different spot.

Quote Originally Posted by aglach View Post
    Did the OP question get answered? I'll give you a hint... to get across, you don't jump the direction that the wall runs. All of the hallways are not the same distance wide. If you aren't making it across, you try a different spot.

This thread is a few year old so i bet it has been answered...

Update : I'm at lv26.. so close..
    [/COLOR]

I quite agree, and what I found most frustrating was having to wait a whole five minutes doing nothing while my timer reset. This was the worst quest I've done in the game.
    Erunyauve of Rivendell

Well, you've got a lot of game left. It will not end up being the worst quest you've ever done.

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I did it! After breaking my leg several times jumping i summoned my horse and he sailed through! Use your horse if your a terrible jumper like me.

Hah! You kids these days and your horses. Why, when I was level 30 we ran, everywhere, and it was almost always uphill!

Interesting find, I doubt I'd have tried to summon a mount since they are often not allowed in instances.

Now...get off my lawn!

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I did this one not so long ago. To help with the jump I bought a run speed buff using destiny points (can't be done on a F2P account), to help get some extra momentum for the jump. I'm not sure I needed to do that but I did it and it worked.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

This quest is ********. I thought to myself, "it couldn't be," but yes, it was true. I was playing Mario Brothers again on the original NES. Boing! Boing! Boing! Jump! Boing! Boing!

How did those dwarves get into those towers with their little legs? They jumped too? There is no door that leads to those towers. Such a ridiculous quest.

I still don't understand why this one's so difficult. There's one jump, and it's almost automatic if you are jumping at end of the proper platform to the next platform to the east.

I've got a harder time making it up the winding stairs leading up to the flets in Caras Galadhon.
    Last edited by auximenes; Dec 04 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I still don't understand why this one's so difficult. There's one jump, and it's almost automatic if you are jumping at end of the proper platform to the next platform to the east.

I've got a harder time making it up the winding stairs leading up to the flets in Caras Galadhon.
    That's the point...why was this included as part of the quest?

Yeah, the connexion to anything Captainly is tenous. I thought of the jumping effort that it was a representation of Captains being resourceful and modifying their tactics based on the current situation.

My point is solely that even if the idea of having a jump in quest bothers you, it's only one easy jump. Make the jump, complete the quest, and move along.

My Captain finally finished that really aggravating instance and I wanted to share this with you Captains who are still trying or haven't reached there yet. I have been working on it off and on quite a bit...it's been driving me crazy. I basically gave it up...went back to give it one last shot. Took a look at the shorter distances for jumping...and figured it out. I am several levels higher now....so made killing easy and I didn't provoke any enemies from a distance....so not sure if you will get attacked at some point. Plus...did this with no companion.

Quest: Instance: A Captain's Standard You earn the class trait "Defiance".

You receive the quest from Jarl Copperbrace of Othrikar in North Downs. He sends you to Ost Galumar to raise three standards of the Free Peoples.

The 1st pole is easy...killing Dourhands & birds on the way. Go inside the wall area - take 2 rights, 2 lefts and head up ramp. Turn left to reach the top of the wall, turn left again and head down to where it just drops off. Stop & look to your right...these are the birds you want to kill first...you need to jump onto their platform.

Back up the wall to get a good running start. Hit the skill "Make Haste" it gives you 15% more running speed...makes jumping higher. It may take you a couple tries (breaking legs)...but you will get there. After fighting birds...scale the curved wall to get to the 2nd pole & Dourhand. After that kill, turn around & head back...scaling wall again.

At the end turn right, run up ramp and fight these birds. Scale the wall on the right side & about half way you will see birds on the left. After that kill, look to your right...you will see last platform. Back up as far as you can and hit "Make Haste" again. Run and jump to the last pole & Dourhand. To get down you need to jump onto the rocks below one by one.
    Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    Willowyn - Officer - Tactical Carnage

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast