We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Girl Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurru View Post
    First, lotro has the highest population of girl gamers on any mmo. Second, 1/4 of the girls on lotro are men posing as girls (like the view from behind /wink) third, girls in lotro tend to get a lot of free stuff. that is all
    I agree with the male posing as girl part but
    is it true? girls get lots of free stuff? I only get free stuff by ninja-telling generous players in the glff (it is one skill I'm quite proud of, my eyes focus on the glff tab immediately whenever I catch the word 'free' ) maybe it's because I always roll a male toon?

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    I agree with the male posing as girl part but is it true? girls get lots of free stuff?
    Yes it's true. I never asked for anything but the amount of stuff I have received during my gaming years is unreal..... of course that was back in the days where I was a lot more outgoing and quite vocal (different server too...this is my 3rd lol)

Not that I'm complaining

Girl gamer here! I usually play my (male) captain but when I'm playing one of my female characters I have never received anything free. But I am more than fine with that. *insert random bit of feminism* I don't need anything free.

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    would love to meet you all in-game
    have a great day~~
    We're on the same server, it's a distinct possibility. Nice to meet you too

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    but when I'm playing one of my female characters I have never received anything free. But I am more than fine with that. *insert random bit of feminism* I don't need anything free.
    I'm with you there, I don't tend to get free stuff from playing a female toon. Sometimes there's giving and receive things between kinship members and have been known to scan people in Bree for things to ninja-send things I made when working on levelling my crafting.

Maybe it's a throwback to not being the sort of person who expects to receive things for free irl so therefore I don't tend to expect things to be any different in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alegrya View Post
    I'm with you there, I don't tend to get free stuff from playing a female toon. Sometimes there's giving and receive things between kinship members and have been known to scan people in Bree for things to ninja-send things I made when working on levelling my crafting.

Maybe it's a throwback to not being the sort of person who expects to receive things for free irl so therefore I don't tend to expect things to be any different in game.

LOL!!

/10char
    Last edited by Agron5; Nov 07 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    If you ladies run across Vangelis in your travels, be wary as he is a woman magnet. Put it this way, i'm a hetero-sexual dude and I have problems

I've heard this about him! I may have to watch myself one day!

P.S. I haven't posted in this thread in years so I guess I should say hi again

/hips
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum][COLOR=Silver]Babycaek™ GoodnTasty - Officer of The Black Appendage of Sauron - Elendilmir
    Missey Qalmetari the Poetical - 85 hunter Misadventurers
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Angelina_Rayne View Post
    P.S. I haven't posted in this thread in years so I guess I should say hi again

/hips
    CAEK! om nom nom
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    CAEK! om nom nom
    amg nooo! No eating Caek!
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum][COLOR=Silver]Babycaek™ GoodnTasty - Officer of The Black Appendage of Sauron - Elendilmir
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I came to this thread expecting lots of hot pictures.
    Server 1st Rank 13 Weaver Slayer of Light
    Semi-Retired filming new PvP vid

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfPvP View Post
    Here you go! A hot picture.

Lol, hey evil;P. You ever been to pax? Girls dont play mmos:P
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    Lol, hey evil;P. You ever been to pax? Girls dont play mmos:P

Pfffft! There were a lot of girls at Pax last year This year you are buying me a drink though Alzie!
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Don't be tempted by Evil...Evil's spider is a girl..
    [img]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/rjeske_album/forumbanner_zpsf9b0a993.jpg[/img]
    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    [url]www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vaapad View Post
    Helloooooooooooooooooooo Caek

How YOU doin?
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kurru View Post
    Second, 1/4 of the girls on lotro are men posing as girls (like the view from behind /wink) third, girls in lotro tend to get a lot of free stuff. that is all
    Yeah, I know, fairly old post that I'm quoting, but I don't come on the forums often anymore (especially since switching servers).

Anyway, I've always found it hilarious when guys admit they play girls because, as an old kin-mate said, "if I'm gonna stare at a backside for hours a day, I'd like it to be a female backside" :P

And, I've been playing for 4 years and have never received anything for free just because I'm a girl. Hell, I've rarely received anything for free ever, except within kin. Hmm. Must be doing something wrong...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000023e661/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Ignore the user name... I'm a girl! ~~~ Also Lohla - Warden

Just want to say, LOVE THIS THREAD!!! And power to my fellow gamer chicks!!! If not for us, mmo's would be incridibly BORING!!! WHOOOO!!! We keep this ship sailing!

I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online for 4+ years now. Have met many wonderful people, and am glad that this game has a large amount of female gamers... we girls gotta stick together!!! But aside from that, must say I met an amazing guy through this game who is now my boyfriend of two years, LOL. If not for him, this game would be lonely for me! I'm the "mommy" of a very spoiled cat - who is like my child. I love to write and draw, am incridibly fascinated by Tolkien's amazing world of books (total geek here)! And when I'm not playing lotro I love to go biking, kayaking and my personal favorite... surfing! Love it!

Yes...Tolkien is a rocking author...I don't know about the rest of you but I actually find the first age era books to be the best.....they are brutally tragic and triumphant at the same time. Honestly from what I have read so far...Melko aka Morgoth makes Sauron look like Snow White. Of course I am only on Volume II of the 12 volume History of Middle Earth books...Sauron was evil...but Morgoth was just malicious and had way more power.....his only downfall was that he was also the target of the Valar and ultimately he gained Illuvatar's wrath as well.

I was actually quite bored with The Two Towers and The Return of the King.....aside from the end when they had to reclaim the Shire from Saruman and the parting of Aragorn and Arwen stabbed me in the heart.

The Hobbit was freekin awesome.....in Mirkwood with the spiders....that was very enjoyable immersive reading.

I wish they would open up Northern Mirkwood to us.

yeah me too. I'm disappointed.

I'm a girl and I'm only 16.
    I've been looking for a good mmorpg for a while, but couldn't find one without wizards and stuff.
    I just started playing pretty much, so I'm only a level 12 Minstrel elf.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyoffireflies View Post
    I've been looking for a good mmorpg for a while, but couldn't find one without wizards and stuff.
    Greetings There seems to be quite a few MMOs around, this one can be heavy or relatively light on the magic depending on what class you select. Really depends what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Alegrya; Mar 24 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: guffed tag

Quote Originally Posted by Sirensonmute View Post
    yeah me too. I'm disappointed.

check the rl picture thread or join knights of elendilmir lol.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

I'm a girl. I don't ask/need free stuff, just because of my gender. When I get loot, its either I earn it or I get it from a kinnie.

Hello all! Another female gamer checking in, hadn't seen this thread before because I usually play on Dwarrowdelf. Anyway, I've been playing LOTRO for a year and a half, I have a mix of male and female toons levels 7-85, and I have experienced the freebies for no good reason other than my toon's gender, as well as the creepers hitting on me (without even asking if I was a girl irl).

Anyway, I've been told that there are no RL female wardens, but I'm a girl, I play a girl warden, and I LOVE IT. I haven't played any MMOs before this one, I chose it because it's LOTR and I couldn't resist the chance to hang out in Middle Earth!

See you ladies in the game

(PS: My Elendilmir noobs are on the lookout for a kinship, so I'm open to suggestions . Not an all-girl kinship necessarily, though that would be cool, but anywhere that accepts mature casual gamers/crafters and is fun to hang out with.)
    Last edited by Gilraen_of_Arthedain; May 13 2013 at 07:31 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen_of_Arthedain View Post
    Anyway, I've been told that there are no RL female wardens, but I'm a girl, I play a girl warden, and I LOVE IT.
    Apparently not! We have another female playing a Warden here, goes by the name Praetoriann (Stenia). She would love to meet you and have Warden discussions with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen_of_Arthedain View Post
    (Not an all-girl kinship necessarily, though that would be cool)
    Yes, that would be cool. =)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast