We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Girl Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by LouLouLouLouLou View Post
    Yay! I'm from Straya too, NSW.
    I'm glad to see there's a couple around aside from myself and my irl bestie
    [SIZE=3]Elendilmir[/SIZE]
    [B]AFK[/B]- Vanora 86 Hunter; Veraster 42 RK
    [B]Exile Inc[/B]- Calesse 31 Capt; Celda 30 LM
    Lone/storage toons-- Alegrya 33 Mini; Sneakali 18 Burg

Another Aussie, and girl too, in QLD (has been fairly sunny lately at least)
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Aussie girls coming out of the woodwork! Sydney here. My husband joined the game first, but now I play more than he does...

And late to the thread, considering I got my 5 year box earlier this year ... I know at least one other Aussie girl who's posted in this thread and one who might not have, so it seems there are a few of us on E What time of day are you all on? (Also: ooh, Sons of Gondor! I used to run with them a few years ago, but didn't know they had Aussie members now...)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000003f501/01006/signature.png]Genadriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    You ever have one of those times where you cant tell the difference between a girl in game and a 12 year old boy?:P

Just sayin.
    Gah I haven't posted in this forum since...2010...much less this thread.

Yes, another girl gamer here - one who prefers playing champs and hunters over minstrels and RKs. Don't get me wrong I LOVE soloing (DPS) with minstrel and RK...I just hate that the only role most ever give us in raids is healer...and if you lead a raid as a minstrel or a RK it's just as bad. Bottom line is - I prefer DPS roles.

I just had remembered reading the above and had to respond to it.

Was playing a few nights ago...wasn't speaking (I talk a LOT with kinmates - but rarely in game chat), put together a group for an old 3 man instance with a kinmate and a pug. Got tired of typing trying to explain stuff to the pug because my kinnie and I were trying to just zerg it done...so I said something in voice chat...

This man says, "Wait a minute...is that actually a real girl I hear??!!"

I about fell out of my seat I was laughing so hard...tears streaming down my face.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by angeljean View Post
    Aussie girls coming out of the woodwork! Sydney here. My husband joined the game first, but now I play more than he does...
    Heh, well I was playing beta and then my now partner started playing, but I'm the only one of us still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinjapan2 View Post
    Was playing a few nights ago...wasn't speaking (I talk a LOT with kinmates - but rarely in game chat), put together a group for an old 3 man instance with a kinmate and a pug. Got tired of typing trying to explain stuff to the pug because my kinnie and I were trying to just zerg it done...so I said something in voice chat...

I about fell out of my seat I was laughing so hard...tears streaming down my face.
    Lol. I had a somewhat opposite experience. Although I'd heard that quite often female characters were played by males, with this being my first (and only) MMO I hadn't encountered it personally until getting into a group with a number of others who I'd seen around and interacted with a number of times before. I thought "Oh, she's actually a guy! And so is she!" I kept those thoughts to myself though, so no embarrassment on my part, lol.
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Quote Originally Posted by angeljean View Post
    What time of day are you all on? (Also: ooh, Sons of Gondor! I used to run with them a few years ago, but didn't know they had Aussie members now...)
    I haven't been around much lately due to GW2 and other offline hobbies plus a bout of introvertness getting the better of my social tendencies. I'm usually around in the evenings but not Tuesdays and seldom Wednesdays. I've been with SoG for about a year and really like the group that I see most of the time when I'm on (a small but regular group of Americans who keep strange hours).

It always cracks me up when on RaidCall with guy guildmates who like to have a chat so they can hear my Aussie accent. Just never seems to occur to me that people might like hearing our accents as much as I love hearing other accents; especially since I think I sound terrible on the phone.
    [SIZE=3]Elendilmir[/SIZE]
    [B]AFK[/B]- Vanora 86 Hunter; Veraster 42 RK
    [B]Exile Inc[/B]- Calesse 31 Capt; Celda 30 LM
    Lone/storage toons-- Alegrya 33 Mini; Sneakali 18 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by lostinjapan2 View Post
    Gah I haven't posted in this forum since...2010...much less this thread.

Yes, another girl gamer here - one who prefers playing champs and hunters over minstrels and RKs. Don't get me wrong I LOVE soloing (DPS) with minstrel and RK...I just hate that the only role most ever give us in raids is healer...and if you lead a raid as a minstrel or a RK it's just as bad. Bottom line is - I prefer DPS roles.

I just had remembered reading the above and had to respond to it.

Not necissarily true, if you're known for dps you can get asked to . I got asked to dps saruman before, and i could toss an occassional heal and keep myself up to relieve the healers of power issues. Yet they have to know you and know how you dps and if ur built for dps to ask . If they only see you healing they will choose you as a healer. Yet I do have a reputation I don't heal even though its a lie so that helps .
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

I have to question the purpose of pointing out if a gamer is male or female. Knowing full well that way too many girls (or guys posing as such) get lots of free stuff....
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Agron5 View Post
    I have to question the purpose of pointing out if a gamer is male or female. Knowing full well that way too many girls (or guys posing as such) get lots of free stuff....
    That's certainly not true in my case. I've been playing this game since beta and everyone knows I'm a girl. No free stuff here.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    That's certainly not true in my case. I've been playing this game since beta and everyone knows I'm a girl. No free stuff here.

Damn, you got ripped lol
    Nothing to see here...

To be fair, I did consider not charging you for all the cyb0rz.
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie08 View Post
    You know, I was about to delete my comment because I thought about it and I realized that it might have come off as an insult or slam, and it's not.

but....

then I saw this and thought ok... I dont know you guys but that seriously made me lol

so I had to leave it
    Last edited by Agron5; Oct 08 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie08 View Post
    I give it for free because your wife is so hot.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I give it for free because your wife is so hot.
    Indeed. That's why I only charge her half.
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Turbine released its only numbers PR article a couple years back, I wish I could find the link but I remember it read that LOTRO has the highest female to male player base than any other MMO at 4:1 (as in 4 women to every 1 man). I have noticed however that our game has become sort of clique-ish ever since it went F2P you have the players who pay to play or helped found the game who kind of stick to their own kins and then the ones who are mainly F2P who don't really log that often, thus making it more difficult to develop any sort of online rapport or friendship....I hope the ladies in the game continue to grow cause to be honest, as a Marketing Consultant, that shows promise for an MMO market in which male players are beginning to wain as they grow older and accept different responsibilities in life (lets face it more and more women are becoming the bread winners as men elect to become stay at home dads) which isn't a bad thing by any means : ) more women graduate from college now then men do, in addition, more and more women are starting to be offered more executive roles within businesses (even though the pay still doesn't match men in those roles : ( anywho, point is I remember the numbers from 2 years back stating that more women played LOTRO then men
    "Only men who have died in battle have seen the end of war"

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000cd668/01005/signature.png]Tailspin[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by elrond012000 View Post
    Turbine released its only numbers PR article a couple years back, I wish I could find the link but I remember it read that LOTRO has the highest female to male player base than any other MMO at 4:1 (as in 4 women to every 1 man). I have noticed however that our game has become sort of clique-ish ever since it went F2P you have the players who pay to play or helped found the game who kind of stick to their own kins and then the ones who are mainly F2P who don't really log that often, thus making it more difficult to develop any sort of online rapport or friendship....I hope the ladies in the game continue to grow cause to be honest, as a Marketing Consultant, that shows promise for an MMO market in which male players are beginning to wain as they grow older and accept different responsibilities in life (lets face it more and more women are becoming the bread winners as men elect to become stay at home dads) which isn't a bad thing by any means : ) more women graduate from college now then men do, in addition, more and more women are starting to be offered more executive roles within businesses (even though the pay still doesn't match men in those roles : ( anywho, point is I remember the numbers from 2 years back stating that more women played LOTRO then men
    Eh, how many of those are guys pretending to be girls? Just saying
    Nothing to see here...

OI! You got a free picture....then again so did the rest of the kin that was online.....

Theodhelm - Captain | Falawine - Hunter | Coquet - Warden | Junkyard - Stalker
    ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Misadventurers~

Quote Originally Posted by Agron5 View Post
    Eh, how many of those are guys pretending to be girls? Just saying
    I think a lot of guys really wanna be girls...but then they would have to give up the I am Aragorn mentality and life style

It's a scary first step
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I love girl gamers. That is all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000017f1f4/signature.png]Ohgee[/charsig]

[COLOR=#a9a9a9]a.k.a.[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Tyrant Grizlark, Bane of the West[/B][/COLOR]

19 years, girl-gamer. I love the LOTR books and movies, so naturally I love this game aswell. And I love horses. Riders of Rohan, omfg yes thank you so much Turbine!! Although I'm only lvl 18... Loremaster named Mjau on Windfola. Help me level?<3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720601000028c012/signature.png]Mortum[/charsig]

Red face

Also a girl gamer checking in here
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000013c4e6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

hello everyone~
    female gamer here~~
    just checking in too, would love to meet you all in-game
    have a great day~~
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

If you ladies run across Vangelis in your travels, be wary as he is a woman magnet. Put it this way, i'm a hetero-sexual dude and I have problems
    Bigslick

First, lotro has the highest population of girl gamers on any mmo. Second, 1/4 of the girls on lotro are men posing as girls (like the view from behind /wink) third, girls in lotro tend to get a lot of free stuff. that is all
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000008e3ed/signature.png]Muzle[/charsig]
    Favorite sang of all time : [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc[/url]
    Give meh teh rep!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast