We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Girl Gamers

Re: Girl Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Francker View Post
    Catanya =>
    Anyway, it's a really nice thing to know that you ladies are playing, it makes the game more balanced, and I'm sorry to say that, but you'll always get special care, that's called gallantry :P
    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences Francker...but also glad to hear the vast majority of women here aren't like that.

Don't worry; it's great to be treated nicely and we still like to be treated like ladies

ahhhhh, hi

No posts in this thread since 2010 makes me sad.

Hi!

/necro
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post

Hi!

/necro
    Girls don't play MMOs, silly.

Hi!

/necro
    HI back!

/wave

Quote Originally Posted by gimli4480 View Post
    MCP ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by gimli4480 View Post
    Of course not. Silly me! GIRL = Guy In Real Life
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Of course not. Silly me! GIRL = Guy In Real Life
    LOL! I am not a G.I.R.L.! But I am a GRANDMA (let's see some G.I.R.L do that!)
    Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

You ever have one of those times where you cant tell the difference between a girl in game and a 12 year old boy?:P

Just sayin.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Cool Re: Girl Gamers

Girl player checking in!

/wave at Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Francker View Post
    Catanya =>

I know exactly what you mean about drama around girl players, not that I think you ladies are all like that lol. 1 year ago I got myself into a small casual kinship runned by a woman leader which I became close with at a point we were sending love msg to each other every day. What I found unfortunately after is that she had a real life boyfriend and that she was cheating him not only with me but also 2 other kin members. Thats also when I noticed that she was trying to get drama everytime she could just to get attention, like crying all the time for.... no reason -_- , In the end, it ended up with me saying her goodbye and her saying to her boyfriend that I was arrassing her so he wanted to kill me lol...

I know I must sound random saying that (especially since I'm a guy posting on a girl topic lol), but my point is we get wierd people everywhere, as much in MMOs as in real life lol. And you may think that these kinds of people give a bad name to their gender , but any intelligent person knows that you can't generalize in these cases. Anyway I don't lol. I met at least 30 women ingame, and only 1 of them was a crazy drama queen lol.

About the guys playing woman player, I just hope I wont get (or wasn't o_O) dragged by one of them lool, It just make me sick knowing that it can happen ...

Anyway, it's a really nice thing to know that you ladies are playing, it makes the game more balanced, and I'm sorry to say that, but you'll always get special care, that's called gallantry :P
    I can totally relate to that one, mainly why most my friends are guys with the occassional few girls that can hold their own. Guys make just as much drama though . its easier for me to just kill things then get into drama.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by aRabidFlea View Post
    Its threads like this that help me convince my sisters and mother that gaming isn't just a 'guy' thing!
    Nope, we are not: meaning yes, I am female and could be either your mother or your grandmother! hehehe! 48 yo and hawt!

This is my first mmorpg and after reading the books when I was young, waited 25 years for the movies, and accidentally stumbled on to this game? Hey! I have not looked back.

Being a former repair / tech chick in the army helped. Anytime I asked for help on how to build by system and do upgrades, stop my power source from screaming to overheating GPU: players were here for me.

Really, I bought this junky laptop about 6 years ago : to check e-mail and do word processing. That old computer changed my life (now if I could learn to text, oh well). On my second computer (a tower) and case: Lian Li (rocks) 3rd graphics card shopping for number 4 . . . SSD storage is AWESOME/ What can I say? chicks love speed as much as you guys! Once you have SSD drive well there IS NO going back . . .

Time management / eating / etc are important: I am retired so no big deal for me but if you are a student or working or have a family, uhhh, this game is built (as most are) to be addictive. For me, sub account and $60 in TP is no big deal.

Do we need AA for Gamers? Not sure. Possibly.

Tough call, but sometimes you guys can be a little immature. And the potty mouth. Shush it. I know lots of swear words, in multiple languages, just saying: if I can mind my tongue, so can you.

From a "pom pom girl" yep I swear I was a cheerleader (face is bright red) way back when but: Cheers for the Women of LOTRO!

You go girls!
    Last edited by HRHoftheWraithRiders; Mar 25 2012 at 04:02 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000127880/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by HRHoftheWraithRiders View Post
    Once you have SSD drive well there IS NO going back . . .
    Next build/upgrade. *sigh* I'll probably correspond it to the fall expansion.

Older Than Average Girl Gamers, woot! 53, build my own rigs, and play FPS and MMO's. Perhaps the old twitch responses aren't what they once were...but strategic planning can often make up for brute force/speed. I'm not sure my husband ever forgave me after I trounced him in Half Life when he had introduced me to the game.

Him: "WTH, how did you get up there? You can't sneak around the top edges of buildings like that!"
    Me: "Maybe you can't. I just did, and you are dead."
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    You ever have one of those times where you cant tell the difference between a girl in game and a 12 year old boy?:P

Just sayin.

N.A.M.B.L.A. ??

Its not just a South Park joke. Its for real.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Troll.

Yusssss .. I was the last comment from 2010. Not that I was new at the time.
    Last edited by siqqmawsh; Apr 23 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    strategic planning can often make up for brute force/speed."

heheee, old age and treachery will overcome youth and ambition every time.
    Last edited by PeppermyntPatty; May 11 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis_Starfire View Post
    Spoken like one of the people I was referring to..Thanks for making my point.

True, there is immaturity in WoW but I have found more mature player there than I have here.

And I have been playing MMO's since day one (I was on BBS's and playing Trade Wars and BRE before the internet was even made public) and I was on the internet before the web was even around (and only nerds knew about the internet) playing the first MMO's, we called them MUDS
    Err sorry, but get off your high horse. It's not immature to point out how ridiculous your statement was, or how comepletely backwards your statement is. I understand perspective comes into play here, but generalizing it the way you did was comeplete misinformation to bullhead your biased opinon on. Quite the contraray, it points out how immature the "WoW" crowd is...see what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuff View Post
    Err sorry, but get off your high horse. It's not immature to point out how ridiculous your statement was, or how comepletely backwards your statement is. I understand perspective comes into play here, but generalizing it the way you did was comeplete misinformation to bullhead your biased opinon on. Quite the contraray, it points out how immature the "WoW" crowd is...see what I did there?

That's a lot of lurking!

Quote Originally Posted by EU_Meliana View Post

That's a lot of lurking!
    Get out of here, Hobbit! RPing as a Hobbit lass doesn't mean you get to participate in the Girl Gamers thread. :P
    [/SIZE]

Another woman checking in
    Hello all.
    Having a blast.

I am SO late to this thread, but I too am a real girl. I'm 21, married, and have one dog and one cat. I've been playing games since about 8 years old annd... MMO's since around 14 years old. LotRO is the very first game I was able to stick with, though, and get passed level 20 hehe.

btw I really hate how LotRO gets compared to WoW so much. They aren't the same game kthnx. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentoki View Post
    I am SO late to this thread, but I too am a real girl. I'm 21, married, and have one dog and one cat. I've been playing games since about 8 years old annd... MMO's since around 14 years old. LotRO is the very first game I was able to stick with, though, and get passed level 20 hehe.

btw I really hate how LotRO gets compared to WoW so much. They aren't the same game kthnx. Just sayin'.
    Welcome to the club! And you play on Elendilmir so you even have the best taste in servers!
    [/SIZE]

Smile

I too am late to this thread, but I too am a girl! Just transferred to Elendilmir from Nimrodel, good times

*waves*

I'm also terribly late to the thread but not to lotro itself. I came from Guild Wars, never really got into the Warcraft MMO but lost many hours to WC3 Tower Defense rounds with housemates during university.

Not sure how many Australians there are around here but I'm from sunny (often raining) Queensland, in my late 20s and a geek professionally as well as in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by Alegrya View Post
    Not sure how many Australians there are around here but I'm from sunny (often raining) Queensland, in my late 20s and a geek professionally as well as in my spare time
    Yay! I'm from Straya too, NSW.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast