We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: United Races - Recruitment

Glad to be back in town, and see folks online again. Looking forward to the update!
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

Talking Re: United Races - Recruitment

During this slump between updates, we're doing a lot of lower level stuff on alts, some group focus nights and some all-level kin events on occasion. We have levels across the board, so if you're running solo come check us out! Great group of relaxed people, and a well-mannered kin.

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to many of those who have joined the UR recently. Some real-life friends of members, some who have specifically seeked us out and some who have stumbled on the opportunity.

I'm happy to report that we're growing again during a time of server-wide attrition, and that your future adventures will be joined. It's great to log in and see you good folks online.

Cheers

Happy to be a member and part of the team, you guys are a great bunch of folks. Helpful, knowledgeable , and above all patient. Again thanks for having me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000015b89d/01008/signature.png]Staan[/charsig]

Staan Walker-Human-Champion: Haagar-Dorf-Guardian: Clairwing-Elf-Huntress: Fansy-Hobbit-Bard: Daante-Human-Burglar: Isabellas-Elf-Runekeeper

Thanks Staan, great to have you here!

Bumpity-bonk, yup yup!

Just a note of encouragement....

If we can handle Stan as a member..we can handle almost anything

Seriously people...you can't go wrong looking for a Kin. UR is still probably one of the best out there...period. I have been in MMOs for years and I can say I can count the great groups I have been part of on the fingers of one hand..and have a couple fingers to spare. (and I am not just saying that because I am the 2IC...UR is great...and would still be great if I was just one of the crew.)
    Ninth-Laird (aka The Pendragon)
    Successor of the United Races of Vilya and proud member of the Vilya Alliance.

Hello looked at this kinship a few times and really like it. If you have space I would be interested in joining.

Morille lvl17/Guardian

Hello!! I was just curious as to whether you guys were still recruiting or not? I'm new to Lotro, but not to MMORPGs...After reading through this extensive Thread, I really like what I've read, and would like to join if there's room...

Right now, I've only got 1 toon in-game (Toleidas - Hobbit Hunter), but as I get more comfortable to Lotro, hope to expand on that.

Sure thing Toleidas! I'll keep an eye out for you in game.

Morille, it seems I keep missing you online. Hope to see you soon.

If either of you catch someone in the UR in a pass-by, be sure to chat with them and they'll set you up with whatever officer in online at the time.

Just in case we don't cross paths, our next kin meeting is coming up next Mon at 6pm PST (9EST), so a ton of us will be online as well as myself. Breeland Homesteads, in the Bronning courtyard.

See you soon!

Hey! Me and my wife would like for someone to contact us whenever someone is free our char's are Ikiris and Bellariya thank you!

Hey Magnarr i shot you an in game message about wanting to join United Races. Wanted to make sure I got my name out there before the game goes F2P and we get a large influx of players. If we could work out a meeting between you and me or another officer just let me know. Thanks

Ecthelius- level 17 champ

Feanorus- level 15 hunter

Sounds good Ecthelius. I've been out of town for a few days, but will look for you online.

It's been great to see so many kinship players returning after their hiatus, as well as so many other friends. See you all in Middle-earth! To others looking for a kinship, yes we're bringing in new folks from all levels and experience. please see the initial post of this thread for a description and visit our website (in my sig).

*** We'll be having our monthly kinship meeting in the main courtyard of the Bronning neighborhood of Breeland Housing (just South of Bree) this coming Monday, Sept.13 at 6pm PST (9EST). All those interested in the UR kinship are welcome to attend. Agenda is listed on the UR forums linked from our site.
    Last edited by Magnarr; Sep 09 2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: updated with kinship meeting info

Red face Re: United Races - Recruitment

Welcoming Dalka as a new UR officer tonight!

We'll be having our monthly kinship meeting in the kin house tonight at 6pm PST. Anyone interested is welcome to swing in. (1 High Road, Bronning, in the Bree-Land Homesteads)

A raffle follows which is open to recruits as well.

Smile Re: United Races - Recruitment

* runs in and places a large plate of cookies and a Pony Keg on the Table, for Mag's.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000009919e/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=red]What....When.......WERE.......Why........OH..........There's Ma Keg.........[/color]

[color=red]Dwarves Don't get drunk.. We just get less sober.........[/color]

We're having our monthly meeting tomorrow evening (Dec.6) at 6PST. Those interested in the kinship are certainly welcome.

During these down-times between updates, we're making a push for new recruits as are all. We are looking for more level 65's although all levels are welcomed as always if they're our kind of folks (to be determined). We're typically the elder, lore-oriented, relaxed bunch.

As far as end-game instances, we've previously raided exclusively through the VA. Heck, we started the VA with the other initial kinships. The Unite community channel itself was spearheaded here in fact. We've always been about community involvement. We've never typically been a raiding kin however. But lately we've been building such a group of folks within who are interested in those instances that we're breaking that border that we claimed never to break.

We're versed in all instances of the game. Now it's time to build our own fight. Come join the UR and enjoy all the aspects of this Middle-earth from the old school on up to the present.
    Last edited by Magnarr; Jan 28 2011 at 07:28 AM.

Bumpity-bonk

United Races are awesome! Nothing better than racing Uniteds
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001c2e9/01007/signature.png]Adanaras[/charsig]

We're celebrating our 4th kinship anniversary this coming Saturday with the Great Horse Race event!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-high-noon-PST

We were fortunate enough to be mentioned by the devs in the Free Peoples' Press on the event too, which is incredible and thank you Turbine for that.
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/The_F..._Press_5-27-11

The basis of our timeless success rests on our core philosophy of typically recruiting from within; meaning current members suggest other recruits usually. We've become a real tight group over the years this way and have developed a very strong core as such. The recruitment tactic keeps us at a mid-range population kinship, and obviously it's working as we're one of the very oldest kinships on the server. Very family-friendly and understanding of real life commitments.

We certainly accept those who inquire directly so check us out even as a trial basis. Might like what you find!

Cheers, and see you Saturday.

Just a note about us,

We have now started to run instances as a Kin very regularly. We have mastered a couple of them in Moria and now have a recurring RIFT run happening. We are always looking for mature fun loving adventurers to make the long walk of shame to the Balrog with us.

Please feel free to IM myself about what the UR is all about.

Zeff of the UR
    Last edited by bgbutler71; Jun 14 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Hello all from the UR!

We're a laid back, family friendly, older and relaxed kinship. Not typically a raiding kin outside the VA (Vilya Alliance, see the sig). That being said, we do go through some of the older 12-person instances on occasion purely for fun and to get some our 50-55's some great gear and others the cosmetics. During the week, 3-6 person instances are popular as well as skirmishes.

We're doing the Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu this coming Friday (NE Angmar), and know the area very well from us in the old-school club. Many of us are dropping to alts for this to be closer on-level, and newcomers are certainly welcome to join in; whether from curiosity about the group or as fill-ins and backups. Send an in-game mail to Magnarr prior or to any of the officers listed in the original post of this thread. A last minute /tell the night of the event to Geirr will also get you some contact (my alt). We'll blow through this area and get at least to the final the same night.

By the way, we defeated Thaurlach the same run. Grats to all that came along, and even more so to those that received some great new armour! Good times.

The next post will be our 100th reply here on our kinship's aging recruitment ad. Whether or not you're interested in the UR, I see it only fitting to send you something special in-game relative to your level (Vilya only of course). Cheers!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast