We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 29 - Preview #2 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED.
    Server Closing Time: Thursday, 02/25 5:00 PM EST
    Thank you for your participation and feedback!

Report A Bug
    Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on the Bullroarer Launcher.
    Please note: If the 'Remember Me' option is checked on the LOTRO launcher your copy attempt will not work. Please assure this option is not checked when when applying to copy.

Bullroarer is available for an another early look at Update 29.

Beyond the Bree-fields lies the lightly travelled wilderness of the Wildwood. This heavily forested area has drawn the attention of two groups of Free Peoples who vie for its resources. The League of the Axe, a group of game hunters and miners down on their fortunes, seek to tap the land's resources and ferry their bounty down the Brandywine from Trader's Wharf to markets abroad. Meanwhile, a group of villagers in Trestlebridge have formed the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood, with the goal of taking advantage of the Wildwood to benefit the folk of Bree-land and rebuild Trestlebridge to its former glory. Both factions must decide the fate of the Wildwood as they work against unsavory Brigands and the Tarkrîp Orcs. The update also includes two new 3-player scaling instances set in Eriador, "Woe of the Willow" & "Agoroth, the Narrowdelve".

Wildwood
    Visit Enid Nettlesting at the Trader's Wharf in Evendim or Aran Greenwith at the Trestlebridge Gate in North Downs to start the Wildwood questline

• These quests unlock as you finish various reputation tiers for the two factions in Wildwood
    • Missions, Landscape and Repeatable quests are available for testing.
    • Quests have a Challenge level of 45
    • Wildwood Deeds can be found on the Bree-land tab of the Deed Log
    • Itemization is not complete (mostly not present or placeholder) for Wildwood barter, Wildwood missions barter, and the instances.

Instances
    NOTE: An intro questline for these instances is available from Aragorn in Rivendell after completing 'Book 13, Chapter 10: A Triumphant Return' and from Hob Hayward at the Buckland Gate. These quests are not required to enter the instances.

• Agoroth, the Narrowdelve
    • Woe of the Willow

Spring Festival

• Boss from the Vaults: Naruhel the Red-maid
    • Bee's Big Business

Release Notes

Items:

• The Rare Crafting Component selection box now also allows selection of the Tier 13 Ithilharn Shard as an option.
    • Some changes have been made to barter for the Remmorchant class set gear at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lân:
      • The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.
      • Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).
      • Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
      • Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
      • Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.
      • The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.

Monster Play:
    • Creeps were getting +30% partial damage reduction from their Partial BPE events from 'nowhere'. This has been removed.

Misc:
    • U29 - Valar Virtue XP Quest restructure:
      • To resolve issues caused by the quest starting items, such as 'Virtues of the Valar - 105 and above', being unique, the various Valar levelup packages have been updated to use a single quest to give information about using virtue tokens.
      • The Valar virtue granting items have been removed as quest rewards and are instead granted inside a coffer delivered from Valar packages.
      • Completing that quest allows the player to open any virtue token coffer(s) they have received from any Valar packages.
      • While the virtue token coffers are bound to character, the virtue XP awarding items received on opening the package are bound to account.

• PREVIEW ONLY: Resolved an issue where virtue XP awarding items received from Valar package Virtue Token Coffers were incorrectly bound to character.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Feb 25 2021 at 05:04 PM.

[*]Some changes have been made to barter for the Remmorchant class set gear at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lân:
    [LIST][*]The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.[*]Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.[*]The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.

Just a serious ###, anyone who doesnt achieve Remmorchant T3 right now whilst we are massivly overgeared doesnt earn the reward of bartering set pieces other ppl worked their ### of for, thats just another slap into the face of players who raid acitvely, please revert this, its just a garbage idea.
    Last edited by Freenen; Feb 23 2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freenen View Post
    [*]Some changes have been made to barter for the Remmorchant class set gear at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lân:
    [LIST][*]The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.[*]Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).[*]Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.[*]The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.

Just a serious ###, anyone who doesnt achieve Remmorchant T3 right now whilst we are massivly overgeared doesnt earn the reward of bartering set pieces other ppl worked their ### of for, thats just another slap into the face of players who raid acitvely, please revert this, its just a garbage idea.
    Yeah, wow what a joke. Lucky i havent worked my ### off for these items, know alot of people that did tho :/

Quote Originally Posted by Freenen View Post

Anyway we change that gear in Gundabad

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Anyway we change that gear in Gundabad
    Doesnt matter, if you havent done it you dont deserve it, never been that way. Just open up all the best set-bonus from Erebor, Throne, Abyss when you're at it lol.
    Last edited by HeliStorm; Feb 23 2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    Doesnt matter, if you havent done it you dont deserve it, never been that way. Just open up all the best set-bonus from Erebor, Throne, Abyss when you're at it lol.
    Really? You can't compare that, because Erebor, Throne and Abyss don't have T3-T5 and they don't have such big jump with difficulty as we have with Shelob. I complete Erebor with all characters on 85 with hardmodes, and now on legendary servers how many kins can complete them? Not many. How many kins complete Throne, Abyss, Anvil and Rem on level? Not many.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).
    • Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    • Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    I don't understand this change. What is improved by having different pieces be locked by increasing gated requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarin View Post
    I don't understand this change. What is improved by having different pieces be locked by increasing gated requirements?
    I think its a breadcrumb strategy. People see gold set pieces as the ultimate prize and if they can't even get one piece then they give up trying. This way it allows people at least a couple gold pieces and then helps motivate them to keep trying for the others through the incremental tier system instead of rewarding all of them at once if they kept at it. I have a feeling they overestimated how many people were willing to do multiple tiers before getting even one of those items.

• Some changes have been made to barter for the Remmorchant class set gear at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lân:
      • The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.
      • Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.
      • The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.

YAY! Thank you! I have a Minstrel piece I got on my Captain months ago that has been sitting in my bag because literally no one invites people to T3 Shelob runs on my server, so I'll never finish the deed that allows me to exchange it for something I can actually use.

And for those crying that this is a "slap in the face" or whatever, may I introduce you to the 20-year history of MMORPG gear progression. Remm will be a year old by the time this change hits, and we already have a newer raid in the game. It's well past time for Remm gear to be more easily accessible.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

SSG, please reconsider and listen to your playerbase. This update with the Remmo bartering is absurd and a complete slap in the face to anyone who has worked so hard to do progress runs, gear up over time and slowly tackle the highest of tiers. It’s not easy content and it’s supposed to be that way for a reason. Only those who are most prepared are able to reap the benefits of those rewards and it should remain that way. I get you may want to make it easier for people to get geared up, but this is not the way. The introduction of War of 3 Peaks has already made it significantly easier for people to gear up. What’s even the point of completing the higher tiers of Remmo now if this is how it’s going to be? I’ve been watching as chat channels I’m in are exploding in anger everywhere about this. This is the exact reason why people criticize SSG for seeming so out of touch with their playerbase.

Increased? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    because literally no one invites people to T3 Shelob runs on my server
    they dont invite you*

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    and now on legendary servers how many kins can complete them? Not many.
    Thats not because content difficulty, thats because 90% of the players on the legendary servers don't understand gearing and keyturn/click.

Mirage
    Arkenstone | Anor

Damn almost entire page all about remm gear.Who cares in the end,content is already old.Poor loot in new instances,very bad scaling and mechanics in them is bigger problem.
    Massive stat inflation,lack of class changes,introduction of playstyle change sets into the game then having those removed as next lvl cap hits and so on is what players should be more focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenirion View Post
    Increased? Where?
    T2>T1>No Tier, so 2 pieces at No Tier, 1 pieces at T1, 2 pieces at T2 represents a growth in the required tiers, whereas before they were all on the same tier of T3. Why do this? If you want make 2 pieces available at T0, why not make all 5 pieces available at T0, since there's no real fundamental difference between the 5 incomp set pieces (they're all the same rarity of the same set with same amount of stat slices)? What makes chest or shoulders worth more effort than boots or gloves?

T2>T1>No Tier, so 2 pieces at No Tier, 1 pieces at T1, 2 pieces at T2 represents a linear growth in the required tiers, whereas before they were all on the same tier of T3. Why do this? If you want make 2 pieces available at T0, why not make all 5 pieces available at T0, since there's no real fundamental difference between the 5 incomp set pieces (they're all the same rarity of the same set with same amount of stat slices)
    Because they don't want people without any completion getting full sets right away.

Any words about pointless nonsense warden change?

Bullroarer is OPEN.[B][COLOR=#00ff00]

The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.

Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.
    The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.

I think instead it would be better to have hands and feet require Tier 1, Chest/Legs/Shoulders for Tier 2, and then the armor exchange should require a Tier 1 deed.

Removing all deed reqs for some of the gear leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There's only 3 raid groups on my server that can consistently beat shelob t3, roughly 50ish players total have the deed. We worked hard to be at the top. Most players can't even clear t1 remmo, so I feel like that should be the bottom requirement at least. If they want to use a tiering difficulty in the gear locks to encourage progression, that's great. Maybe it'll get more people into raiding. But come on, the remmorchant set bonus gear needs to at least have a deed gate of the first tier of difficulty in REMMORCHANT. Why not have two pieces at t1, two pieces at t2, the chest and helm at t3 to keep in line with set bonus and stat progression?

Fantastic change

I commend you for this stroke of brilliance SSG. This will allow me to really suck and get good gear. Nevermind the fact a whole group of friends and I just worked T3 for 2 months and plan to work T4. We won't even bother because you can just let us barter for Shelob T4 bracers with T1 deed in the next patch. In all seriousness, it really does kinda suck that we got T3 deed a short while ago and apparently gained absolutely jack squat. And tbh, if this goes live, why wouldn't T4 Shelob bracers be the next step of absolute ingenuity you guys are coming up with. And remove BT deed gating while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    YAY! Thank you! I have a Minstrel piece I got on my Captain months ago that has been sitting in my bag because literally no one invites people to T3 Shelob runs on my server, so I'll never finish the deed that allows me to exchange it for something I can actually use.

And for those crying that this is a "slap in the face" or whatever, may I introduce you to the 20-year history of MMORPG gear progression. Remm will be a year old by the time this change hits, and we already have a newer raid in the game. It's well past time for Remm gear to be more easily accessible.
    It’s actually Shelob T2 that gives you the deed to exchange set pieces, and as for T3 Shelob, well nobody pugs that because it’s where the content becomes challenging.

Good grief, I can't believe how many people are already throwing a tantrum over the deed requirements being lowered. The Remm gear sets have never been indicative of any big achievement, not when you can get full sets by just joining enough farm runs of boss 1 (an easy fight even on T5) and side bosses. The direct bartering for gear has always been just a convenience. Also, the gear will soon be completely irrevelant and most of the people that are complaining now are very likely going to ash the gear sets halfway through Gundabad since even the set bonuses are unusable once you lvl past 134.

Anyway, it does bother me a little that the Wildwood itemization still isn't ready. I hope they don't just go straight to live with the itemization without putting it through at least BR session first.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Also only reason for remm gear changes is to try and get any money out of keys sale before gear gets obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    Anyway, it does bother me a little that the Wildwood itemization still isn't ready. I hope they don't just go straight to live with the itemization without putting it through at least BR session first.
    True, those barterers are empty. And we have lil info on the instances too.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    Removing all deed reqs for some of the gear leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There's only 3 raid groups on my server that can consistently beat shelob t3, roughly 50ish players total have the deed. We worked hard to be at the top. Most players can't even clear t1 remmo, so I feel like that should be the bottom requirement at least. If they want to use a tiering difficulty in the gear locks to encourage progression, that's great. Maybe it'll get more people into raiding. But come on, the remmorchant set bonus gear needs to at least have a deed gate of the first tier of difficulty in REMMORCHANT. Why not have two pieces at t1, two pieces at t2, the chest and helm at t3 to keep in line with set bonus and stat progression?
    It's clearly show what all that raid groups don't care about other players and want to lure players from other kins to their groups just because they have gear and exp and don't allow other kins be powerfull enough to clear Rem for their own. No one want to hurt YOUR progress in the past

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast