We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 24.2 - Preview #2 - Release Notes

Bullroarer has been updated to build 2402.0061.6017.4422.

Bullroarer will be available until Thursday (08/01) 12:00pm EST. Time is subject to change!

Interlude: Shades in the Swamp

Darkness has fallen upon the Vales of Anduin, and Gandalf needs your help to safeguard the Woodmen and Beornings who live nearby. This new on-ramp for owners of the Black Book of Mordor allows you to pick up the story with Gandalf inside the Beorninghús, and serves as a prologue for adventures to come in Imlad Morgul!

Shades in the Swamp: The Path to Gladdenmere

A rock slide in the Vales of Anduin has opened up the Gladdenmere high above the Gladden Fields. Radagast now seeks answers to the mysterious shades encroaching upon the low-lands from that mysterious mountain lake. For those who have completed the adventures in the Vales of Anduin, visit any major landmark to begin your journey to the Gladdenmere.

Scion Difficulty System

The Scion difficulty system allows players to select an Instance difficulty ranging between Tier 1 and Tier 5 that adds particularly challenging enemies along with occasional new mechanics along with new rewards! Scion-buffed enemies can appear starting at Tier 4, and higher tiers have a higher chance for Scions to appear. Opening any boss chest above Tier 2 will result in the items being generated with a higher item level bonus. Opening a final boss chest above Tier 4 results in a chance for special epic gear to appear. This gear is not filtered by class, and can be traded after it appears.

Captain Class Update

Please post your feedback on the Captain Class here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...pdate-Feedback

News and Notes:

Classes

Captain
    • Fixed skills that were improperly cutting off 'self' effects.
    • Cooldown of Revealing Mark proc now set to 5s as listed on the skill.
    • Revealing Mark skill now has a 5 second cooldown. (Revealing Mark cooldown is currently 3s, this is a known issue)
    • Noble/Telling Mark skills now have a 3 second cooldown. (Telling Mark cooldown is currently 5s, this is a known issue)
    • Reduced Standard of Valour, Standard of Honour to max 20% buffs.
    • Increased damage of several Captain attack skills by 10-15%
    • Blade of Elendil now does base Light damage.
    • BoE can now no longer miss, or be BPE'd.
    • Fury of Elendil no longer provides a light damage proc, it now instead makes BoE a taunt skill.
    • Shadow's Lament damage upgraded significantly.
    • Kick cooldown reduced to 10s.
    • Last Stand now heals base 20% of max morale (+~20% from legacies).
    • Devastating attack damage increased significantly.

Quests and Adventure Areas
    • Scions - Increased the T2/T3 instance difficulty tiers to be closer to prior values and go up from there.
    • Scions - Fixed scion of hatred burn damage.
    • Anvil of Winterstith - Hrímil Frost-heart Encounter - The fight will now end as soon as any player teleports back outside after escaping Hrímil. Increased the deed completion grace period by 30 seconds.
    • Trees growing in rocks in the Gladdenmere have been removed.
    • Invisible wall in Malvang has been removed.
    • Buried Ore Node in Lonelands has been fixed.
    • Stuck spot in Lulstrok has been fixed.
    • Death rock in Gladdenmere has been fixed.

UI
    • Added house owner or kinship owner to each housing entry on the housing info panel.
    • Housing vendor and housing for sale sign buttons dynamically update to reflect Mithril Coin balance updates.
    • Fixed a problem where the Mithril Coin verification dialog for Stable-master travel would close after all destinations finished loading.

Misc
    • Skirmishes - The Herbalist 'Ultimate: Words of Healing' skill healing has been increased slightly at trait ranks 45 - 50.
    • E&G Tavern - the Crafting Hall has been slightly re-arranged to accommodate more training dummy stands.

Known Issues:
    • Telling Mark cooldown is currently 5 seconds, instead of the intended 3 seconds.
    • Revealing Mark cooldown is currently 3 seconds, instead of the intended 5 seconds.
    • Force Attack tooltip text for BoE traited with Elendil's Fury needs to be updated (refers to burglar).
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Jul 30 2019 at 04:05 PM.

Anvil of Winterstith - Hrímil Frost-heart Encounter - The fight will now end as soon as any player teleports back outside after escaping Hrímil. Increased the deed completion grace period by 30 seconds.
    I suspect this was done to stop people from alting for loot or selling loot spots which I am, to a degree, alright with. The only issue i have with this is that a lot of people alted for loot to generate the correct base stat they wanted since all loot drops predetermined as will/agi/might. Can we please get selection boxes for this? I honestly would not mind if all armour drop chances were replaced with a box that had all 18(?) outputs for that specific armour piece. Agi/Will/Might armour all have different icons so it should not be too hard for even a new person to be able to easily distinguish between base stats. This would also work for the set bonus jewellery in T3, although the icons all match across base stats, the people doing T3 anvil should be able to figure it all out. There for sure would be a lot of pieces to choose from but id take that over the current system. In a perfect world it displays only a certain amount of options depending on the class that is looking in the box just like in Abyss but if that takes too long to slap together, 1 box for each armour piece and 1 box for the 5 jewellery slots with all possible outputs available would be a good start.

This is pretty late into the raids life so I will not lose sleep over it if it does not get implemented but this really needs to be addressed for the next raid/instance cluster. But a real issue with this change is what about people who get stuck inside the anvil? There are still stuck spots in the walls that people can get punted into or the fact that we cant retreat anymore when a boss is active and hrimil really likes to stay active and therefor not allow us to retreat. People normally have to run back into the anvil and get killed by her which can EASILY take more than 30seconds. This needs addressing IMO before this change can go live. Maybe a force despawn of adds and hrimil along with an insta kill for anyone remaining in the anvil (for those stuck in the wall) 10s after the first person exits and then the 30s deed timer starts?
    Lvl 130 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 130 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 130 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 130 Captain - Galtherium || Lvl 130 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 130 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 130 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    I suspect this was done to stop people from alting for loot or selling loot spots which I am, to a degree, alright with. The only issue i have with this is that a lot of people alted for loot to generate the correct base stat they wanted since all loot drops predetermined as will/agi/might. Can we please get selection boxes for this? I honestly would not mind if all armour drop chances were replaced with a box that had all 18(?) outputs for that specific armour piece. Agi/Will/Might armour all have different icons so it should not be too hard for even a new person to be able to easily distinguish between base stats. This would also work for the set bonus jewellery in T3, although the icons all match across base stats, the people doing T3 anvil should be able to figure it all out. There for sure would be a lot of pieces to choose from but id take that over the current system. In a perfect world it displays only a certain amount of options depending on the class that is looking in the box just like in Abyss but if that takes too long to slap together, 1 box for each armour piece and 1 box for the 5 jewellery slots with all possible outputs available would be a good start.

This is pretty late into the raids life so I will not lose sleep over it if it does not get implemented but this really needs to be addressed for the next raid/instance cluster. But a real issue with this change is what about people who get stuck inside the anvil? There are still stuck spots in the walls that people can get punted into or the fact that we cant retreat anymore when a boss is active and hrimil really likes to stay active and therefor not allow us to retreat. People normally have to run back into the anvil and get killed by her which can EASILY take more than 30seconds. This needs addressing IMO before this change can go live. Maybe a force despawn of adds and hrimil along with an insta kill for anyone remaining in the anvil (for those stuck in the wall) 10s after the first person exits and then the 30s deed timer starts?
    I agree with it entirely. I just think you could do a dual step looting for raid armour and t3 jewells at least (since t2 jewells can be bartered specifically). 1st step: you get to choose between current all armour kinds (heavy, light, medium) which will grant you the same box you acquire right now in game but with the added step you just check if heavy/light/medium.
    Selling drop spot to people who haven't completed that raid is just wrong and certainly not intended, but since all armour pieces are bound to account in order to share them, they would be best like that. It would simulate the old (but better) system of getting one specific armour token to barter for specific piece of any class in a barterer.

Can there "PLEASE" be some reconsideration and rethinking behind the singluar favoured chest pull for the entirety of tier 3/4/5.

This is not ok. One favoured pull AT LEAST per tier. You can argue it is the same chest. It is not. The fact it has a chance to reward something not found on the current live Tier3 chest therefore means this is an entirely new chest. As such it should be treated in this way. DO NOT go ahead with one favoured chest lock for tier 3/4/5. You want people to play this content, don't you? Surely by now you must have the numbers, WHO actually does instances on a non-favoured basis, please SSG, explain.

Why the CD on marks, currently we don't have CDs on them at it works. Why to change it?.
    And if you want to set CDs on them please make all max 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

Shades in the Swamp: The Path to Gladdenmere

A rock slide in the Vales of Anduin has opened up the Gladdenmere high above the Gladden Fields. Radagast now seeks answers to the mysterious shades encroaching upon the low-lands from that mysterious mountain lake. For those who have completed the adventures in the Vales of Anduin, visit any major landmark to begin your journey to the Gladdenmere.
    Completed this questline, at least I think I did?

There are 8 solo quests that eventually unlock the daily instance. - Had no issues with these and was able to run the daily instance as well. The elf barter is missing its elf token barter options. The Woodsmen barterer also needs a token sink or else we will hit cap with nothing to spend them on.

After the 8 solo quests there was another 6 fellowship quests. - There was 1 giant that spawned in the landscape but other than that I didn't see any issues.

The quest line then just ends? The quest giver didn't have any more quests and nothing else popped up. I only skimmed the quest text so maybe there is a conclusion there? Or maybe there is another quest associated with the 6 man? I don't know.

If not I would suggest adding another quest or two to wrap up the little story, and give it decent reward like a 376 item or something.

Caverns of Thrumfell T3 damage to pillars by Etterfang

Not sure the best place to post this, however, please check the damage the pillars take in the final Etterfang fight in Caverns on T3. On the LIVE survers currently, the pillars are often die on one shot by Etterfang making the fight impossible. This is likely due to the damage scaling adjustment that recently took place. It would be nice to be able to complete this instance...let alone have a chance at T4 or T5.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by twittfounder View Post
    Not sure the best place to post this, however, please check the damage the pillars take in the final Etterfang fight in Caverns on T3. On the LIVE survers currently, the pillars are often die on one shot by Etterfang making the fight impossible. This is likely due to the damage scaling adjustment that recently took place. It would be nice to be able to complete this instance...let alone have a chance at T4 or T5.

Thanks!
    This is correct. I've seen them one shot from full health. Likely because it's a breath attack (affected by same bug that affected the Anvil)

Also, bad change to the raid.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

So, how do the cooldowns on the Captain Marks work? You place the skill on your target and then there's a cooldown timer that starts before you can place that mark again?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    So, how do the cooldowns on the Captain Marks work? You place the skill on your target and then there's a cooldown timer that starts before you can place that mark again?
    Because marks are a toggle skill, the cooldown doesn't come into effect until after the mark has been removed from the target - either by killing it, or by the captain toggling off the mark itself.

So in short, no, the cooldown doesn't come into effect as soon as you put it on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    Completed this questline, at least I think I did?

There are 8 solo quests that eventually unlock the daily instance. - Had no issues with these and was able to run the daily instance as well. The elf barter is missing its elf token barter options. The Woodsmen barterer also needs a token sink or else we will hit cap with nothing to spend them on.

After the 8 solo quests there was another 6 fellowship quests. - There was 1 giant that spawned in the landscape but other than that I didn't see any issues.

The quest line then just ends? The quest giver didn't have any more quests and nothing else popped up. I only skimmed the quest text so maybe there is a conclusion there? Or maybe there is another quest associated with the 6 man? I don't know.

If not I would suggest adding another quest or two to wrap up the little story, and give it decent reward like a 376 item or something.
    I think he mentioned that he was going to go back to Grimbeorn but when I go back there, there's nothing new for me.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Please loosen the restrictions on loot from instances. No one is going to play the T4/T5 content you've created if there's nothing to gain from it, after running it once (per week). This design counters the very nature of an MMO.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

SSG please consider the fact there is very little to do at level cap for instance orintated players, new content doesnt come all to often and when it does there is a weekly cool dowm on loot.

When Thrang and Storvagun are active the game is vibrant and there is loads of activity...

Surely more activity equals more use of the store, give players a reason to logon. Consider a daily cool down like the old Mordor instances please.

Lob
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Why the CD on marks, currently we don't have CDs on them at it works. Why to change it?.
    And if you want to set CDs on them please make all max 3s.
    Definitely need to remove the cooldowns on the marks. One great change for captains was the removal of that cooldown as it had been there for years. I can't imagine any reason to have a cooldown on the mark skills except to frustrate captains and make sure the skills don't get used as often.

Need to change the mark to a new target? Too bad, you have to wait and continue using other skills messing up a rotation or flat out forgetting to use the mark. Put up the wrong mark by accident? Too bad, you need to wait to put the correct mark and possibly forget to put it back up. Accidentally remove the mark due for whatever reason? Too bad, you have to wait, wait, wait.

Cooldowns on marks make no sense especially since "spamming" them on and off doesn't give any sort of benefit.

SSG, I think you've to take more time for the captain it's pass. This is a class that does influence all other classes a lot. You cannot simply skip over it like it's nothing.

For this reason, I ask you to take more time for the class to rescale everything properly back and fix all the heals that you just nerfed for absolutely no reason.

Especially since this class called beorningan is allowed to exist with their ridiculously overpowered heals, able to do 90k dps while healing, absolutely ridiculous. They're full fotm ezmode class.
    burglars in yellow line are also able to do 300k dps. Now I do not want captain to go anywhere near those 2, but I at least think this should be somewhat more respectable.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Jul 31 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    WhiteGoliath

Please leave me in my eternal slumber

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Because marks are a toggle skill, the cooldown doesn't come into effect until after the mark has been removed from the target - either by killing it, or by the captain toggling off the mark itself.
    Ugh, that's no fun at all. I thought we moved away from that concept years ago with this Class? How does this change positively affect Captains or fix an exploit?
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Burglar in yellow line 300k dps?
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Ugh, that's no fun at all. I thought we moved away from that concept years ago with this Class? How does this change positively affect Captains or fix an exploit?
    Everybody has expressed their hatred of it. No one understands what “exploits” it’s meant to fix either - all it does is reintroduce a backwards barbaric mechanic back into the game that was removed years ago for a reason.

Scion Difficulty System Feedback

We ran Thikil Gundu T5, finished whole run in about 40 minutes with 5 people.

Some actual feedback now:
    • Scions can be random on any mobs or boss, this is gonna bring a big inbalance.
    • Scion can be resetted to have different one if you reset boss/trash pull
    • Fire puddle is poorly scaled. Deals only 18 fire damage (screenshoot)
    • If you get combination of Scion of Spite + Defiance you will not be able to deal any damage

It feels very rushed, unfinished changes without really any idea how to work together with current content. Other then that, didn't see any new drops, we got a bunch of random blue/purple gear:

Instance overall is very easy, mobs have way less morale which is fine, but they are doing absolutely 0 dmg. Bosses aswell, most mechanics got removed from Thikil Gundu T5 which made T3 like 3x harder then the one on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Everybody has expressed their hatred of it. No one understands what “exploits” it’s meant to fix either - all it does is reintroduce a backwards barbaric mechanic back into the game that was removed years ago for a reason.
    I believe it's due to the fact that if you give revealing mark no cd, the captain can keep reapplying it on the same/other target over and over again, thus allowing the whole fellowship to gain 6,5% of their max morale more than once every 5 seconds (the intended amount of time).

Personally i've already expressed my disagreement concerning this choice as it absolutely torments the quality of life of every captain and there are also quite a few ways proposed to fix the problem without forcing the player to wait before using it again; however it seems it can't be done now, i suspect it's because they would require too much time.
    Honestly with all the things left that still need a proper amount of work, i'd be okay if captain's update just got delayed for a while. Delayed but good product > immediate but bad product.
    Last edited by Zanna95; Jul 31 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Just this, Tier 5

lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna95 View Post
    I believe it's due to the fact that if you give revealing mark no cd, the captain can keep reapplying it on the same/other target over and over again, thus allowing the whole fellowship to gain 6,5% of their max morale more than once every 5 seconds (the intended amount of time).

Personally i've already expressed my disagreement concerning this choice as it absolutely torments the quality of life of every captain and there are also quite a few ways proposed to fix the problem without forcing the player to wait before using it again; however it seems it can't be done now, i suspect it's because they would require too much time.
    Honestly with all the things left that still need a proper amount of work, i'd be okay if captain's update just got delayed for a while. Delayed but good product > immediate but bad product.
    Agreed. Don’t rush it, get it right.

I don’t understand why the mechanics of the blue mark needed to change. So many better alternatives have been suggested for this to prevent it being too OP, but keeping the same mechanic e.g.

1. Reduce healing returned from damage to 10%, or 5%
    2. Reduce fellowship members’ healing to 5%, but keep captain self-healing at the original 15%
    3. Make the 15% heal a blue-line-only trait, with the base mark at 5%, so you can get the 5% in red or yellow lines, but only get the stronger heal if you commit to blue.

etc.

The new mechanic for the blue mark on BR is quite odd, and creates a problem with the “every 5 seconds” heal, and the range being only 10m on larger bosses. You don’t need be cooldown with the existing mark on live, nor do you have to watch where you stand to get it.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna95 View Post

This can be change that the proccd isn't based on the target but on the receiver of the heal.
    Proc CD with the target is a problem, set two marks on different targets and go aoe m, so we're at 13% all 5s.
    This has to be changed, if it really is the reason why we get the CD, then the CD can get removed, cause it doesn't mater which target you hit, you've to wait 5s for the next heal.

So, the exploit is being able to place Revealing Mark on more than one target? How did that ever become possible in the first place, I thought you could only have one Mark active?

BTW, having to wait 3 - 5 seconds before being able to apply another Mark is going to cost me some defeats. When I'm in a tight battle with only a smidge of morale left if I can't immediately reapply a Mark to keep my healing going then I'm dead. That sounds like fun.

So, the exploit is being able to place Revealing Mark on more than one target? How did that ever become possible in the first place, I thought you could only have one Mark active?

BTW, having to wait 3 - 5 seconds before being able to apply another Mark is going to cost me some defeats. When I'm in a tight battle with only a smidge of morale left if I can't immediately reapply a Mark to keep my healing going then I'm dead. That sounds like fun.
    I had talked about two marks from two captains, who h would lead to 13% each 5s. Which still is possible. The problem is that the proccd isn't on the receiver. If it would be we could spare the CD on marks.
    And the problem isn't in landscape more in raids in which often the main targets switch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast