We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    that's the thing, nobody here is elitist, if you can get same gear inside boxes than investing 4-5 hours inside instances/raid why would you bother? less people will be interested in running the hard content and just buying keys either from store or from trade channel.

and throne for the last 6 months wasnt even challenging, our characters were buffed af and mistakes were rarely a cause of wipe. I think wipes occured more b/c ppl fell asleep over the keyboard or were tabbed out on facebook. And there is nothing wrong about that, thats how thing should happen eventually; hard in the beginning then it becomes easier until there is a point when everyone can do it and get the stuff they need/want. Let's stop breaking stuff in the game.
    Why would i bother?....

You are speaking with a single player POV.

But even in a single player game it works like: effort+time+skill = reward.

Why would i bother? Who cares if blue hunter is OP then..it doesnt affects my game, right?

So lets give up with game balance...who cares.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by liverpaste View Post
    What I can't understand is why you care if equivalent end game gear is available via means OTHER than T2 instances.

You're elitism is showing and it's not surprising to me that you, and your kin in particular, are viewed in a negative light because of it.

People hate elitism.
    My guess is that people that work hard by doing a three hour raid, only to be awarded with a possible piece of armor..... and being upset about it that said armor can also be gotten through a lootbox. But this isn't really the first time people could get good items without raiding or grouping. When level 95 was the maximum, there really was no end game to speak of besides the big battle raids, but the rewards gotten from those could also be gotten by a solo player, so it was possible for a solo player to get a full gold jewelry set without ever grouping..... and with the daily limit on instances (1 big battle a day) you could actually get them just about as fast as someone who would run the raid every day.

My guess is that this is still in beta.... more often than not, things are tested on Bullroarer and then changed for the live. It could also be we can get the same ARMOR pieces, but maybe the essences (which I am sure they have, I haven't seen them to be honest....) of teal or gold value can only be gotten through raiding.

Finally, we're talking 3 and 6-man instances here. I'm willing to bet once a 12-man raid comes along, that raid will have even better armor that won't be available to anyone but the raiders.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    My guess is that people that work hard by doing a three hour raid, only to be awarded with a possible piece of armor..... and being upset about it that said armor can also be gotten through a lootbox. But this isn't really the first time people could get good items without raiding or grouping. When level 95 was the maximum, there really was no end game to speak of besides the big battle raids, but the rewards gotten from those could also be gotten by a solo player, so it was possible for a solo player to get a full gold jewelry set without ever grouping..... and with the daily limit on instances (1 big battle a day) you could actually get them just about as fast as someone who would run the raid every day.

My guess is that this is still in beta.... more often than not, things are tested on Bullroarer and then changed for the live. It could also be we can get the same ARMOR pieces, but maybe the essences (which I am sure they have, I haven't seen them to be honest....) of teal or gold value can only be gotten through raiding.

Finally, we're talking 3 and 6-man instances here. I'm willing to bet once a 12-man raid comes along, that raid will have even better armor that won't be available to anyone but the raiders.

Actually Based on lootbox's getting upgrade with this update atm on BR i can see SSG repeating the same with the raid update and having better then raid gear again IMO.

Thanks for the feedback.

Our goal is that you can earn - while playing the game - all statistical bonuses that you can get from lootboxes. In the case of the vendor rings, they will also have a chance to drop in the upcoming raid. That drop can also upgrade, so upgraded rings will be possible to obtain in game. We realize that having a short period where they are in the lootboxes before the raid is available is not ideal, but players will be able to get upgraded rings in game.

If players find other statistical bonuses in lootboxes that cannot be duplicated in game they should definitely bring them here.

Sev~

Edit: One point of clarification; there are upgraded items in the raid that are better than anything a player can get with a lootbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Our goal is that you can earn - while playing the game - all statistical bonuses that you can get from lootboxes. In the case of the vendor rings, they will also have a chance to drop in the upcoming raid. That drop can also upgrade, so upgraded rings will be possible to obtain in game. We realize that having a short period where they are in the lootboxes before the raid is available is not ideal, but players will be able to get upgraded rings in game.

If players find other statistical bonuses in lootboxes that cannot be duplicated in game they should definitely bring them here.

Sev~

Edit: One point of clarification; there are upgraded items in the raid that are better than anything a player can get with a lootbox.
    Instead of thanking us, next time please provide us with honest and accurate information.

There will never be a design that has loot from lootboxes that is statistically better than what you can gain someplace or somehow in game. Finding that loot in game might be hard, but it will be possible. Our overall design philosophy is that loot boxes are not required to reach the best gearing. If players do find some piece of gear that is best in slot and can only be gained through loot boxes then 1.) it is a bug or 2.) it is an oversight and will be fixed or 3.) there was some release timing issue and the loot will be available someplace in game soon.

In this case the intent is that those rings can be purchased from the Ash vendor for an appropriately large amount of Ash.

Sev~
    We are giving feedback on what content is available to us and not 3 updates into the future. Currently this 'someplace' and 'somehow' in the game does not even exist and it's not hard, it's impossible.

But thank you for the info, it's been time for someone other than Cord to log-in and respond to some of the questions and raised issues.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sev~

You are breaking your promises to NOT sell top tier gear for real money.. You just made the reputation of your company and game much much worse.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/06/04/...-with-turbine/
    But it's never our intention to sell raid loot or endgame-quality gear and items because we feel like questing and getting that great loot is a big part of the game and we don't want to lose sight of that.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...he-LOTRO-Store
    To make it perfectly clear:
    We will not sell end-game gear.

You must be VERY DESPERATE

Quote Originally Posted by yafga View Post
    You are breaking your promises to NOT sell top tier gear for real money.. You just made the reputation of your company and game much much worse.
    https://www.engadget.com/2010/06/04/...-with-turbine/
    But it's never our intention to sell raid loot or endgame-quality gear and items because we feel like questing and getting that great loot is a big part of the game and we don't want to lose sight of that.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...he-LOTRO-Store
    To make it perfectly clear:
    We will not sell end-game gear.

You must be VERY DESPERATE

I am not a big fan of how QU runs the LOTRO Store and the LOTRO Market because I think he's made some very bad choices, but what company are you talking about, exactly? Turbine? This isn't Turbine anymore.
    This is Standing Stone Games. Even though I agree that the best gear shouldn't be in loot-boxes, I don't think it's honest to say that Severlin or anyone in SSG is breaking their company's promise because it's not their company anymore and the team is barely the same as the old one. A few years ago Sapience said there would never be a server merge... it was irresponsible on his part, but he's not here anymore to be blamed. So let's forget irresponsible promises that other people in a different company have made. Let's focus on what's really the problem: the motive why it's important to have the best gear drop in instances.

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    I am not a big fan of how QU runs the LOTRO Store and the LOTRO Market because I think he's made some very bad choices, but what company are you talking about, exactly? Turbine? This isn't Turbine anymore.
    This is Standing Stone Games. Even though I agree that the best gear shouldn't be in loot-boxes, I don't think it's honest to say that Severlin or anyone in SSG is breaking their company's promise because it's not their company anymore and the team is barely the same as the old one. A few years ago Sapience said there would never be a server merge... it was irresponsible on his part, but he's not here anymore to be blamed. So let's forget irresponsible promises that other people in a different company have made. Let's focus on what's really the problem: the motive why it's important to have the best gear drop in instances.
    You're right, and none of these people were in Turbine. Oh, wait...

Don't turn into politicians, SSG. Tell us the truth.
    Your reputation is harmed every time you fail to.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    Same people, same structure, same leadership. Different name.

You really bought into that one.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Here I am a bit confused. Does it mean that developers themselves are not sure what gear is dropping from lootboxes?

1) They aren't selling top tier gear. They are selling keys to lootboxes, which you can also get 100% for free in the game itself.
    2) He JUST said that the gear that will drop in the raid will be better than anything you can get from lootboxes.

So.... what is the problem exactly? That someone with a lot of money can get keys a lot faster than us poor folks that have to run the dailies? Apparently, the raid still needs to be run to get the highest tier gear....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Problem solved.
    -----

Nah, it's just politics talking.
    Yeah, I get it, but, honestly, I find it hard to express how weird it sounds. Basically, it claims that developers are not aware what exactly they are selling in the Store + not able to check their own code to find what kind of gear is contained in the lootboxes. This kind of excuse just sounds embarassing for me.

1) They aren't selling top tier gear. They are selling keys to lootboxes, which you can also get 100% for free in the game itself.
    2) He JUST said that the gear that will drop in the raid will be better than anything you can get from lootboxes.

So.... what is the problem exactly? That someone with a lot of money can get keys a lot faster than us poor folks that have to run the dailies? Apparently, the raid still needs to be run to get the highest tier gear....

Quoted for truth.

I feel the exact same way, and I don't have a problem with lootboxes dropping good gear, even the best gear in the game, because you can get keys to open them just by playing the game itself.
    I also don't have any problem with folks rich enough to spend their real life money to get more keys and increase their chances to get those items. More revenue for SSG to continue producing something I enjoy playing.

Sorry for those of you who don't feel this way, perhaps another game is more to your liking if you are soooooo upset about this? Something you actually like perhaps?
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Asfalred View Post
    Yeah, I get it, but, honestly, I find it hard to express how weird it sounds. Basically, it claims that developers are not aware what exactly they are selling in the Store + not able to check their own code to find what kind of gear is contained in the lootboxes. This kind of excuse just sounds embarassing for me.
    It happens. When the level cap went up to 105, they said LIs would stop at 100 and not go up to 105. But for a week or two, 105 LIs were dropping. They eventually stopped that, but they don't always get it right the first time.

I see two issues with literal interpetation of Sev's words.
    Firstly, he talks only about RAID gear, so it can be assumed that lootboxes will drop gear that is equal or better to the one that will be available through new 3- and 6-men instances.
    Secondly, it is not obvious how many "updated items" will be available through the raid. It can be a single class item and/or rings, whereas other gear again will be available through lootboxes.
    I recognize that I may sound very picky, but it is a natural consequence of the current lack of communication from developers' side.

Quote Originally Posted by Asfalred View Post
    I see two issues with literal interpetation of Sev's words.
    Firstly, he talks only about RAID gear, so it can be assumed that lootboxes will drop gear that is equal or better to the one that will be available through new 3- and 6-men instances.
    Secondly, it is not obvious how many "updated items" will be available through the raid. It can be a single class item and/or rings, whereas other gear again will be available through lootboxes.
    I recognize that I may sound very picky, but it is a natural consequence of the current lack of communication from developers' side.
    Apparently some players are glad to pay sub, expansions and also have the possibility to get gear faster by paying real money.

Cause of players like that we have also single player games with micro-transactions in it.

Be conscious gamers and consumers. Let us make them remember that it's not the right way to manage a game like lotro.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    It happens. When the level cap went up to 105, they said LIs would stop at 100 and not go up to 105. But for a week or two, 105 LIs were dropping. They eventually stopped that, but they don't always get it right the first time.
    It is very true, but lootboxes should have pre-determined contents which are very trivial to check (surely, it these lootboxes are not some kind of magic blackboxes miracuosly programmed by a random freelance coder who got fired after Mordor went live). Plus, unlike lootbox keys, lvl 105 LIs were not sold in Store, so this particular bug was not directly affecting customers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sev~

Actually, better question, why is such gear included in the box in the first place?
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    Quoted for truth.

I feel the exact same way, and I don't have a problem with lootboxes dropping good gear, even the best gear in the game, because you can get keys to open them just by playing the game itself.
    I also don't have any problem with folks rich enough to spend their real life money to get more keys and increase their chances to get those items. More revenue for SSG to continue producing something I enjoy playing.

Sorry for those of you who don't feel this way, perhaps another game is more to your liking if you are soooooo upset about this? Something you actually like perhaps?
    I have to agree.

Ow dear , what a total mess.
    So basically , July's statement has evolved.
    Octomber's hype is officially this :
    There will be updated lootbox gear that can potentially outplay upcoming instance gear.
    Which is exactly what we had on Beta last weekend ! You welcome for the feedback, it's good to see its valued.
    Can't wait to see what Santa will have in 'store' for us around December ; D

I like facts more than drama though , so here we go!!!

Evolution of Lotro's 'convenience' store :

Launch of 'convenience' store that will never sell end-game gear. ( trust us on this )
    Introduction of 'convenience' stat tomes.
    Expand to store-only 'convenience' stat tomes.
    Introduction of 'convenience' universal solvents in the store.
    Introduction of black steel key. ( Sturdy key was getting too old and rusty )
    Introduction of 'convenience' potentially best-in-slot shoulders , gold rings , tank earrings etc.
    * Coming Next Week *
    The only source of in-game black steel keys ( dailies ) changes to bound on acquire tokens with reduced efficiency.
    1 token per daily - 3 tokens per key - both BoAcquire , down from 1 tradable key per daily. Of course , store keys can still be traded via CoD.
    Introduction of 'convenience' best-in-slot instance gear through purchasing black steel keys.Zero need to participate in the newest upcoming content.RNG and wallet are your new friends.
    Note : This same gear will be used to clear the upcoming raid.

Definition of pay to win.

Sev just said it's not ' ideal ' to have (months-long) short gaps where lootbox gear outplays in-game gear , although he clearly stated in July that this would never happen and if it did ,it would be a bug.
    Then why don't they simply change/fix it ?

Because when he said what he said back in July , the sheep still had to pre-purchase.
    Now he comes back and says what he says because the sheep are urged to pay to get geared and clear the instances and raid.

If you believe a word , please send me a pm , i promise to refresh and greatly expand my programming skills , develop a game just the way you like it , then try as hard as i can to make you my costumers and solve my livelihood by simply popping up on a forum every 3 months , and say every single thing you want to hear.
    Last edited by BotLike; Oct 05 2017 at 07:36 PM.

Let me rephrase this....

Just because you write something is quoted for truth doesn't make it true.

Severlin said that lootboxes will never be the sole source of BiS gear. THEY CERTAINLY ARE!!! We are giving feedback on the content we have now, not 6 months into the distant future, this isn't Minority report. Scroll up and check a quote of his older post in my comment. He says 'someplace' and 'somehow', NOT EVENTUAL 'SOMEWHEN'.
    But keep supporting SSG telling "charming" lies and "incentivizing" people to give them cash.

Are people blind here or what?

I wouldn't mind having box gear being better than landscape. But it shouldn't have been better than Ash. And even that would have been moderately fine if we were been told the truthand not lied to. But raising the level of lootbox gear with the next update to above the level of the instance gear? Wonderfully shameful.
    Last edited by Gandalphor; Oct 05 2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Ow dear , what a total mess.
    So basically , July's statement has evolved.
    Octomber's hype is officially this :
    There will be updated lootbox gear that can potentially outplay upcoming instance gear.
    Which is exactly what we had on Beta last weekend ! You welcome for the feedback, it's good to see its valued.
    Can't wait to see what Santa will have in 'store' for us around December ; D

I like facts more than drama though , so here we go!!!

Evolution of Lotro's 'convenience' store :

Launch of 'convenience' store that will never sell end-game gear. ( trust us on this )
    Introduction of 'convenience' stat tomes.
    Expand to store-only 'convenience' stat tomes.
    Introduction of 'convenience' universal solvents in the store.
    Introduction of black steel key. ( Sturdy key was getting too old and rusty )
    Introduction of 'convenience' potentially best-in-slot shoulders , gold rings , tank earrings etc.
    * Coming Next Week *
    The only source of in-game black steel keys ( dailies ) changes to bound on acquire tokens with reduced efficiency.
    1 token per daily - 3 tokens per key - both BoAcquire , down from 1 tradable key per daily. Of course , store keys can still be traded via CoD.
    Introduction of 'convenience' best-in-slot instance gear through purchasing black steel keys.Zero need to participate in the newest upcoming content.RNG and wallet are your new friends.
    Note : This same gear will be used to clear the upcoming raid.

Definition of pay to win.

Sev just said it's not ' ideal ' to have (months-long) gaps where lootbox gear outplays in-game gear , although he clearly stated in July that this would never happen and if it did ,it would be a bug.
    Then why don't they simply change /fixit ?

Because when he said what he said back in July , the sheep still had to pre-purchase.
    Now he comes back and says what he says because the sheep are urged to pay to get geared and clear the instances and raid.

If you believe a word , please send me a pm , i promise to refresh and greatly expand my programming skills , develop a game just the way you like it , then try as hard as i can to make you my costumers and solve my life's problem by simply popping up on a forum every 3 months , and say every single thing you want to hear.
    We rarely see eye to eye on subjects, but I fully agree with you on this. This will escalate.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast