We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1

    Aria of the Valar Questions

    For the Aria of the Valar level boost that's included in the Mordor pre-order:

    Will it be available to purchase in the game store as well, or will this only be a one-time thing with the expansion purchase?
    If available in the store, when will that be? Will it be delayed until after Update 22 like High Elf store purchases?
    What is included in Aria of the Valar? How does it compare to the existing packages?

  2. #2
    I can't find an exact breakdown of what it is?

    Some folks think it is an extra xp boost to Mordor level 105. i.e. like we seen before a +25%xp boost to craft, monster kills and quest xp

    and some folks think it transports you from level 1 to level 105 instantly. If so, what stat upgrades are included? Is imbued weapons included? Are deeds auto completed?
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    For the Aria of the Valar level boost that's included in the Mordor pre-order:

    Will it be available to purchase in the game store as well, or will this only be a one-time thing with the expansion purchase?
    If available in the store, when will that be? Will it be delayed until after Update 22 like High Elf store purchases?
    What is included in Aria of the Valar? How does it compare to the existing packages?

    I am sure it will be available in the store for your alts, but until they release more details...no one knows...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Tirith
    Posts
    1,455
    Yes, a breakdown of exactly what it includes would be nice. I think it's safe to assume 105 auto-level at least.

    • Virtues - how many ranks?
    • Legendaries - first ages? imbued?
    • Previous Epics/Quests completed?
    • Class trait points - the most sorely needed in a package like this. Going back to old regions defeats the purpose.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    153

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    For the Aria of the Valar level boost that's included in the Mordor pre-order:

    Will it be available to purchase in the game store as well, or will this only be a one-time thing with the expansion purchase?
    If available in the store, when will that be? Will it be delayed until after Update 22 like High Elf store purchases?
    What is included in Aria of the Valar? How does it compare to the existing packages?
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin
    So that still doesn't include Class Trait Points from past level cap content? What's the point of having an instant-level item if you have to go back and replay a significant portion of the old content anyway for something as essential as Class Trait Points? Really don't understand the reasoning behind this...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gulfport MS
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin
    So, you get a port to the edge of Mordor for the purpose of ritual, repetitive, and mass suicide of any character attempting this, due to zero trait points or class points... sounds like fun.
    If you're bored , pull more mobs. - geoboy | I'm a wild-eyed spear-wielding, javelin throwing, shield-bashing, blood-curdled screaming, melee dervish tank. I like it. Hearts are for pansies. I'd like some cooky dough.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin
    Thanks for responding!

    A lot of people will still want to know important details like when it will be available and for how much, and how many virtues it gives, etc. They'll want to plan for Mordor launch, and how many characters they want to create or level up, and whether they should still be looking at maybe the level 95 Valar package instead. How much money (or gameplay time) they might have to spend on TP will influence what package some people buy.

    Will the existing Valar packages still be available for purchase too, or will they be phased out of the store if the 105 one is added?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin
    Class Trait Points?

    While I wouldn't expect a AoV'd character to immediately have all 83 points that are available at 105, some class trait points beyond the ones bestowed by level alone are necessary for something like this. The point of AoV is severely diminished when we have to go back and do the Old Anorien meta deeds and the 200 BB promotion point deed. Even worse, it's clear from the pricing that AoV is intended to be the huge sweetener to justify the high price for this expansion, which runs about a third higher than previous expansions for mid tier and 50% higher for the ultimate version. Yet, if we have to go back and grind every single trait point on our new High Elf, the value of the AoV is low and we may as well just level it from 1-115 conventionally. We're not getting value at that price because the sweetener that you added to try to make the collector's/ultimate worth it isn't near as valuable as you think it is.

    It should work like BB promotion points...you can buy class trait points in the store (and AoV should include some of these, I think ten would be a fair number here), up to a limit. The total cap would remain the same, at 86 class trait points@115.

    Alternatively sell class trait points, up to a limit of ten or so, in the store, then add LP to the collectors/ultimate editions so those of us who would like to use the AoV can turn around and use the LP that should be coming with the expansion at these prices useful.
    Last edited by Makaryk; Jul 12 2017 at 05:52 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaryk View Post
    Class Trait Points?

    While I wouldn't expect a AoV'd character to immediately have all 83 points that are available at 105, some class trait points beyond the ones bestowed by level alone are necessary for something like this. The point of AoV is severely diminished when we have to go back and do the Old Anorien meta deeds and the 200 BB promotion point deed. Even worse, it's clear from the pricing that AoV is intended to be the huge sweetener to justify the high price for this expansion, which runs about a third higher than previous expansions for mid tier and 50% higher for the ultimate version. Yet, if we have to go back and grind every single trait point on our new High Elf, the value of the AoV is low and we may as well just level it from 1-115 conventionally. We're not getting value at that price because the sweetener that you added to try to make the collector's/ultimate worth it isn't near as valuable as you think it is.

    It should work like BB promotion points...you can buy class trait points in the store (and AoV should include some of these, I think ten would be a fair number here), up to a limit. The total cap would remain the same, at 86 class trait points@115.

    Alternatively sell class trait points, up to a limit of ten or so, in the store, then add LP to the collectors/ultimate editions so those of us who would like to use the AoV can turn around and use the LP that should be coming with the expansion at these prices useful.
    This. I still cannot understand why so much things that make life easier (NOT P2W) for people who are willing to pay cash instead of spending a lot of time are buyable, and class traits aren't. 200 promo points, Anorien war bands and slayer deeds, 5x HD points, 4x Central Gondor points, mindlessly slamming skills for the skill deeds points (not an issue if you play through all of the content, but it is when you start fresh with Mordor): those points are all not very difficult to obtain but take hours and hours and hours. And isn't that the whole point of the Lotro Store: to sell convenience items to people who are willing to trade cash for time, so that they have more time to play the things they like in this big, beautiful game?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    2,724
    Hokay...

    This has flaws. Some already mentioned but let me see...

    Gift of the Valar takes you to 50.
    Blessing of the Valar takes you to 95.
    Aria of the Valar takes you to 105.

    None of them gives you the amount of Virtues or Trait Points you normally would have playing your way up to those levels, with a bit of attention to deeds and trait points. The span between 50 and 95 might have been reasonable, but 95-105 is ludicrous. I am not sure I am thinking straight here, but would it not make sense to have these Valar buffs somewhat evenly distributed? 40-80-105 seems more reasonable, given what we now know about Aria. With only the basic Trait points and 8 virtues (what has been granted in BoV https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ble...alar_(Details) )

    In any case you really should get more OMPF for the money and the other Valars should revised accordingly.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow, and two on Laurelin
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorsKiss View Post
    So, you get a port to the edge of Mordor for the purpose of ritual, repetitive, and mass suicide of any character attempting this, due to zero trait points or class points... sounds like fun.
    You don't start with zero class points, you have already 50 from your level (105) alone. But how about LIs?
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,135
    Wondering How will we get Aria of the Valar, will it show up for what ever character we log on first when mordor goes live?
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Wondering How will we get Aria of the Valar, will it show up for what ever character we log on first when mordor goes live?
    It says so in the FAQ.

    On Mordor launch day, you will receive one Aria of the Valar for your account on the first character that you log into. The Aria of the Valar is bound to account. Once opened, it binds to character.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow, and two on Laurelin
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    26
    One question which still lays in the forefront of our minds is, since the AotV is only able to be claimed once... can we at least have it 'once per game world' instead? I strongly think this would be a HUGE upgrade to the upper tier Expansion packs and make it worth the extra money cost!!!

    Also We NEED TRAIT POINTS!!! And a good LI, first age would be wonderful for us to be able to walk into Mordor... Also if I'm expected to give up my perfectly good character to make another of the same class as a High Elf, then an 'Imbuement unlock scroll' (or some such name) would be greatly needed! This item would, after imbuement, unlock all legacy tiers up to the current legacy cap before the expansion and also include a LI level up rune to take it up to that point!! Even if this needs to be an option purchased from the store, it needs to be there!!

    Grinding for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment to be able to play more than one character is hard enough as is, but now having to do it all over again for the SAME CLASS which is only a different RACE!!! This is unthinkable while considering we need the trait points to get them up to par with our former characters also!!! I'd much rather make a HE mini, but can't see changing over with all this work that would need to be done... We need a Bobo (if any have played on BR beta server, you'd know what that means ) where we can instantly earn trait points to get these wonderful new characters ready to enjoy all the new content and prepare ourselves for the upcoming raid, instances etc.!

    Every one of us is so thrilled to be able to finally go to Mordor - to be there to see when Sauron get destroyed, and to, as Mithrandir put it, 'loot some of his spoils'! With all this new content and the content coming in not so very distant future, going backwards would be more of a punishment for us than it would prove an advantage!

    So the primary things we need (and since there's not been a definite comment regarding it ether way, my hopes are still high) in the new AotV is a 'Bobo trait point giver' and some good LI's with legacy cap removal up to the current tiers. Also if can be, one AotV per game world so we can enjoy Mordor with friends whom happen to be on different servers.

    Here's hoping these things are addressed and implemented!!
    See you all in Mordor!!
    Last edited by Lady_Of_Light; Jul 13 2017 at 09:05 AM.

  16. #16
    Greetings Kind Ones,

    I am excited to hear about the AOTV with the new expansion pack! Thank you!

    Concerning the AOTV we receive with the *fan* pack, it would be AWESOME if we could get one per world! *emote: /beg ; emote: /cheer (thanking you ahead of time that you will)*

    Concerning the LI's - may we please be given 1st age weapons instead of 3rd age? And also, may they please be maxed out to gold? (Leveling up these LI's takes a lot of time and many, many Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment, and Starlit Crystals.) I'm suggesting this due to the many wonderful fun quests, etc. the Mordor pack offers and to be FULLY equipped to start out with, will make the experience worth making a High Elf for, PLUS, LOTRO showing us, your supporters, how much you appreciate us as much as we appreciate you!

    I see that Stat Tomes are still very important, where virtues are about to be obsolete unless changed by you. WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP HERE! (If the virtue numbers stay as they are, perhaps adding some Stat Tomes in with this AOTV would be a better option than straight out virtues. A mix would be most appreciated!)

    Thank you

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I believe it will be available in the store, though I don't know the details on pricing or dates of availability.

    The package itself is very similar to the previous Valar package, but it's updated to level 105, with new teleport destinations putting you on the border of Mordor and has a full outfit of level 105 appropriate gear that is sufficient for a player to engage immediately with Mordor content.

    -Vastin
    and still no trait points with it?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorsKiss View Post
    So, you get a port to the edge of Mordor for the purpose of ritual, repetitive, and mass suicide of any character attempting this, due to zero trait points or class points... sounds like fun.
    Sacrifices must be made to Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedom.

  19. #19
    Will the Aria of the Valar we receive with the pre-order editions be flagged with both "Purchased from store" and "Bound to account" so that we can mail them to other people in-game with 2 mithril coins?
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by x72 View Post
    and still no trait points with it?
    You will have 50 trait points from just being level 105.
    I like ice cream.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Of_Light View Post
    One question which still lays in the forefront of our minds is, since the AotV is only able to be claimed once... can we at least have it 'once per game world' instead? I strongly think this would be a HUGE upgrade to the upper tier Expansion packs and make it worth the extra money cost!!!

    Also We NEED TRAIT POINTS!!! And a good LI, first age would be wonderful for us to be able to walk into Mordor... Also if I'm expected to give up my perfectly good character to make another of the same class as a High Elf, then an 'Imbuement unlock scroll' (or some such name) would be greatly needed! This item would, after imbuement, unlock all legacy tiers up to the current legacy cap before the expansion and also include a LI level up rune to take it up to that point!! Even if this needs to be an option purchased from the store, it needs to be there!!

    Grinding for Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment to be able to play more than one character is hard enough as is, but now having to do it all over again for the SAME CLASS which is only a different RACE!!! This is unthinkable while considering we need the trait points to get them up to par with our former characters also!!! I'd much rather make a HE mini, but can't see changing over with all this work that would need to be done... We need a Bobo (if any have played on BR beta server, you'd know what that means ) where we can instantly earn trait points to get these wonderful new characters ready to enjoy all the new content and prepare ourselves for the upcoming raid, instances etc.!

    Every one of us is so thrilled to be able to finally go to Mordor - to be there to see when Sauron get destroyed, and to, as Mithrandir put it, 'loot some of his spoils'! With all this new content and the content coming in not so very distant future, going backwards would be more of a punishment for us than it would prove an advantage!

    So the primary things we need (and since there's not been a definite comment regarding it ether way, my hopes are still high) in the new AotV is a 'Bobo trait point giver' and some good LI's with legacy cap removal up to the current tiers. Also if can be, one AotV per game world so we can enjoy Mordor with friends whom happen to be on different servers.

    Here's hoping these things are addressed and implemented!!
    See you all in Mordor!!

    You will have trait points, 50 of them to be exact. You get them from just being level 105. No one is forcing you to give up your perfectly good character just so you can have the same class as a High Elf. You can always just roll a new toon.
    I like ice cream.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Yes, a breakdown of exactly what it includes would be nice. I think it's safe to assume 105 auto-level at least.

    • Virtues - how many ranks?
    • Legendaries - first ages? imbued?
    • Previous Epics/Quests completed?
    • Class trait points - the most sorely needed in a package like this. Going back to old regions defeats the purpose.
    Can't emphasize these things enough. It's become abundantly clear that the devs don't even play their own game. The pointlessness of the BoV/GoV packages proves it. Ironically, the ones who most benefitted from a pure level boost are the multi-boxers. For everyone else, these level boosts are nothing more than a slight nudge forward.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18
    My feelings about the Aria of the Valar for the most part is not a perk for me except to start a new character on one of the role playing servers and use it to get this character to 105. Traits and virtues and such on a role playing character are not needed, but for events like the scavenger hunt or others where you have to travel to a lot of regions, being 105 and not having the local wildlife attack you is a plus. If it is one character per account only it is a small perk. But if it is for one character per server then it can be a big perk. I already have some low level Hobbits on different servers because of the Take the Hobbits to Isengard event and have enjoyed many nice musical events and plays put on by other players. A nice change of pace from grinding.

  24. #24
    ChickyChicky's Avatar
    ChickyChicky is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Crosser of Roads
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    My concern about the AotV and the pre-order is that I want to send my AotV to a character on a different server than my primary server. Hopefully, we will get a warning prior to logging in our first character, especially if there are any delays with receiving the pre-order items.


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyChicky View Post
    My concern about the AotV and the pre-order is that I want to send my AotV to a character on a different server than my primary server. Hopefully, we will get a warning prior to logging in our first character, especially if there are any delays with receiving the pre-order items.
    The warning is in the FAQ The first character you log in to will get the item so it will be stuck to the server you log in on. However, since it is account-bound until opened, you might be able to place it in Shared Storage and move it to a different server? Though that would move all your Mithril Coins and such too
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload