We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't log in.

Can't log in.

Last night I had to log out because the game performance was so bad it was literally not playable. This morning I cannot even log in. Searching for logon server...

Why is there no communication from SSG as to what's happening?

They announced yesterday afternoon that they will be patching the game today. The fix appears to be related to level 106+ enemies in Throne and maybe elsewhere. The patch server is offline.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Keep an eye on the news panel of the launcher. There the downtime was announced. And if it stays empty, you can be pretty sure there is downtime.

Patience is a virtue. I even lack that, irony.

I am an elf!

The patch server is back up. I've not tried to launch the game yet.

Update: Game is up.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I posted this hours before the downtime.

my game won't launch on win 8.1 pro x64. no log in screen to enter UN & PW. try to launch with task manager open and it doesn't attempt to launch. it's like the link is dead or gone for the *.exe. worked fine as far as i know until i logged off last night around midnight est. 10hrs later, nada.

/shakefist

I know it is about an hour early, but I managed to download the patch. Is anyone in the game yet? I got all the way through to the login and then searching for log on server and get the message that I do not have the current version of the client installed. The game was working yesterday. I just checked twitter and facebook and they have said the game worlds have reopened. I tried again and get the same message. I guess it is broken again for me?

system restore FTW! restored to 04-MAY and game launches, updates and am able to log in. 8D

Quote Originally Posted by strider89406 View Post
    I know it is about an hour early, but I managed to download the patch. Is anyone in the game yet? I got all the way through to the login and then searching for log on server and get the message that I do not have the current version of the client installed. The game was working yesterday. I just checked twitter and facebook and they have said the game worlds have reopened. I tried again and get the same message. I guess it is broken again for me?
    I am having same issue so it is not just you, and I did put new copies of the 2 files from last week's fix in the folder again .

I saw the message about clearing my browser data - what exactly does that mean?

Having the same problem. Was working fine yesterday.

Can confirm "You don't have the current version of the client" after running the launcher update. Client quits to desktop. Was working fine yesterday with the previous patches.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiter84 View Post
    I am having same issue so it is not just you, and I did put new copies of the 2 files from last week's fix in the folder again .
    Quote Originally Posted by Estrial View Post
    Having the same problem. Was working fine yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrahless View Post
    Can confirm "You don't have the current version of the client" after running the launcher update. Client quits to desktop. Was working fine yesterday with the previous patches.
    Just curious, did You guys patch with the 2 temporary fix files in Your LoTRO directory or had You restored the LoTRO directory back with the previous backed up files and then patch ???
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Tybur is offline Quality Assurance - Standing Stone Games
    If you are using the lotroclient_awesomium.exe workaround to run LOTRO and see "You don't have the current version of the client", please make sure (by right clicking the lotroclient_awesomium.exe file and checking properties - Details (or Version)) that you have File version 3.20.1.19309 and Product version 03.20.01.420170605. If you see other numbers, that means that you are using a cached version of the downloaded files (saved by your browser on your computer). You can re-download to get the correct version by using a different browser, by using incognito mode, or after clearing your cached internet file downloads.

You can patch with the workaround files in your game client folder, or you can add/replace the files after patching. Either should work.
    Last edited by Tybur; Jun 06 2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    If you are using the lotroclient_awesomium.exe workaround to run LOTRO and see "You don't have the current version of the client", please make sure (by right clicking the lotroclient_awesomium.exe file and checking properties - Details (or Version)) that you have File version 3.20.1.19309 and Product version 03.20.01.420170605. If you see other numbers, that means that you are used a cached version of the downloaded files (saved by your browser on your computer). You can re-download to get the correct version by using a different browser, by using incognito mode, or after clearing your cached internet file downloads.

You can patch with the workaround files in your game client folder, or you can add/replace the files after patching. Either should work.
    Thank you! Re-downloaded incognito, and it's working again. ^^

Downloaded the two files again incognito and I could get in. Thank you.

I am having no luck here. I am sure I still have the old files. I am using Firefox at the moment and tried switching to chrome but to no avail. Would someone please link the updated files for awesomium links so I can replace the old ones? Thanks. Also, more details on how to work this out would be appreciated because I do not want to mess anything up that was working fine yesterday. By the way, I did download the patch with the old files and now, I can not get to log on server.

If you are using the lotroclient_awesomium.exe workaround to run LOTRO and see "You don't have the current version of the client", please make sure (by right clicking the lotroclient_awesomium.exe file and checking properties - Details (or Version)) that you have File version 3.20.1.19309 and Product version 03.20.01.420170605. If you see other numbers, that means that you are using a cached version of the downloaded files (saved by your browser on your computer). You can re-download to get the correct version by using a different browser, by using incognito mode, or after clearing your cached internet file downloads.

How do I use "incognito" mode? Also, where do I find my computer browser?
    Last edited by Connyl; Jun 06 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connyl View Post
    all I did was delete the 2 files from last week in my downloads folder and down load the 2 new ones . dragged and dropped them in my game folder and I am in game now. I took about 5 minutes to get the new files from the patch and it loaded up perfectly. I also made a new folder on my desktop named lotro temp and put copies of the new files there for safekeeping

Sigh....

Update is working fine on my wife's old laptop but my system has decided to download *all* the files again. I'm looking at 11+ gigs d/l which is going to take a while. Anyone else having this issue?

Im getting a self patch error. Could not patch file libgles2v.dll: access is denied.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Thumbs up

On the Vista Machine I used incognito to make sure I did not get the cached older version and got the new lotroclient_awesomium.exe. Made sure to copy and paste that into the LoTRO directory as well as making sure the "TurbineLauncher.exe" config file also was in the LoTRO directory and everything works on my first attempt. No issues what so ever. I'm sorry for those having issues.

If You're a basic PC user this might sound difficult but it is acctually fairly easy. It's just that it's harder to explain in text than it is to acctually do it and show it live if one only could be there to help You guys and do that.

On the win7 machine we could just patch as usual and get in straight away, no need fo the "fix" files at all on that.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Connyl View Post
    Browser is usually either Google Chrome, FireFox or Internet Explorer, possibly Microsoft Edge. Some might even use Opera. It is the program You click on and use to surf the web, like go to sites like YouTube or search on the internet etc.

Incognito mode is an option within Your browser that don't cache/store all the sites You visit etc, it's kind like privacy mode, although it's not fully private like a VPN but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiter84 View Post
    all I did was delete the 2 files from last week in my downloads folder and down load the 2 new ones . dragged and dropped them in my game folder and I am in game now. I took about 5 minutes to get the new files from the patch and it loaded up perfectly. I also made a new folder on my desktop named lotro temp and put copies of the new files there for safekeeping
    What are the links for the two new files?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast