We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Prove it. 123
    481 km, ping 7 ms, dl 94,93 Mbps, ul 95,01 Mbps
    measured by speedtest.net

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma's View Post
    First of all, your data path is totally wrong and your ISP provider sux, if you have that huge latency for 5 min walk/drive. I have like 1-6 ms to any server in a 0,5-1,0 thousand km from my location.
    Considering the theoretical best case direct (completely straight) fiber connection for 1000km is 6.7ms I call BS on your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma's View Post
    481 km, ping 7 ms, dl 94,93 Mbps, ul 95,01 Mbps
    measured by speedtest.net
    speedtest is feeding you a heap of it. It's not possible.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

Quit complaining about Warner Bros' Turbine you guys. They have done a great job in the last couple of years. Like coming up with that marvelous Mounted Combat system or those almost too epic Epic Battles. We don't need challenging instances or exciting pvp. Give us more of that Sambrog- or Thorog-farming and huge zerging in moors with 3 frames per minute instead!

Yes it's pitty that servers won't come back to EU and yes it's irritating if three people standing next to each other in the moors can cause so much lag that proper pvp isn't possible. But hey, at least our European servers are located in the coolest of all States of America where people allegedly look like this:

Aha so making promises that cannot be kept, what a suprise. Truely...

It feels great being an EU player and not being able to play below 120MS because the game devs refuse to move the "EU" marked servers to... You know, EU. Thanks Turbine, enjoying the 120+ ms. Sincirely, EU player.

[ deleted ]
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    But you said 1-6 ms for 500 to 1000 km. In fact, at the speed of light, you make a 1000 km round trip in about 7 ms. And your real-world network latency results will always be at least double that.
    I must admit that 6 ms for 1000km is my bit of exaggeration, but not crucially far from what I stated.
    I can tell that with my broadband access I experience no actual skill lags playing gw2 or swtor, or wow. And latency is the only reason why I declined repeated ncsoft invitations to resume playing their games on NA servers.

this really sums it all up

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    They leave stuff unfinished.

Someone builds a new Bree in their spare time.... and he got canned, no one picked it up.
    The person that developed the hobby system got canned, and no one picked it up.
    The level 50 mobs in the Northern Low Lands were supposed to be a zone with quests, no one picked it up.

There are all sorts of pet projects that were started, but never finished.... some of which were exciting things that players generally really loved, such as the new Bree.

Message to Turbine: FINISH things before you do new things.
    Together with that comment being meant sarcastic about all these diff. type of players, like crafters, housers, raiders, you name it and not getting what's been promised to them all since beginning/ for a long time now.
    Also stuff gets put out with bugs and what not (broken content) and still without really addressing it, they just put out a new update with even more broken content or failed delivery (just a kick in the nuts).

People saying to stop playing this game, should stop themselves, because as long as there's F2Ps still logging into the game, I'll also be logging into the game, for I have paid for their F2P-adventures.

I have been playing this game since release. Granted, I took the occasional break every now and then, but stuck with the game for all those years, despite the many broken promises and mistakes Turbine has made. I have been playing PvP all this time as well, which is what I enjoy most about this game. I endured through Moria as a monster player, where you could get killed in one hit left and right, played my freep when there were raids just consisting of black arrows spamming their flaming arrows and monster when burglar packs were rampant that would just use a kinship maneuver on you and kill you that way. I stuck around despite all that, but (even after being let down by about 3 times of a new PvMP zone being announced and just dropped without a word prior to the release of Osgiliath) this one really takes the cake.

I am just incredibly disappointed. If the game was at least running, I wouldn't mind - but as a PvP player on one of the European servers, I can tell you that the game simply stops working as soon as 12 players clash, especially inside a keep. The performance is absolutely abysmal, and I was hoping for the servers relocating to Europe to fix the problem, or at least help it (let's face it, PvP was always laggy in large fights. I remember crashing the old Maiar server several times back when Codemasters still ran things in Europe), but since that move won't happen now, I'm not sure what to expect, except for the PvMP performance fixes you promised either not working or not being delivered at all. Let me just ask this, why do you think it's not feasable to move the servers to Amsterdam? Have you been on a European server lately? It's pretty much unplayable during peak times. The lag is even present in PvE. The only thing this will achieve is you losing even more players, which will probably not work well for getting the license renewed next year. Genuinely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Maybe, just maybe WB is having trouble negotiating terms with Equinix or other internet companies over in Amsterdam.

Calling them deceitful and lying to their customers is a good way to absolve yourselves of looking at things in a broader perspective than what is apparently your own limited rather narrow view of what you think should be happening.

And before you get yourselves worked up into a frenzy calling me a fanboi or other such nonsense, I don't agree with Turbine/WB a good portion of the time, but I do understand that things don't always turn out the way you want them to. To think otherwise shows how foolishly all you supposedly grown adults are acting.
    And just why do we have such a narrow view? Perhaps being more open about such things would placate us. But come on look at these timelines, we get Frelorn's offhand comment four days before the server move that it's only to NJ and in December she's telling students of the server move 3 states away as if 3 was the big deal. If Frelorn hadn't let it out we'd all have logging in wondering how we could possibly have 160ms latency connecting to Amsterdam! She has only utter contempt for the players. This move should have been announced when the decision was made. We asked when we saw use of "datacenter" singular and she had every opportunity to answer and chose to ignore us. The EU datacentre has been off the table for months. And finally this lawyer drivel of some late decision that it's in our best interest to stay in NJ. "We know best dear." I wonder if she somehow delight's in the friction and grief she causes as some kind of revenge for "players" not making her start-up work out. Frankly, like others, I'm shocked that you can become an exec producer with such a lack of technical background. I remember managers in my past being so out of the loot because of this, it was laughable.

It's her, and her bosses', choice what to tell us and then has the cheek to ignore us because we don't know all the facts. Just a corporate puppet who has blagged her way in. I admire her ability to block out all the negativity and retreat into her "happy place" but get a grip. Time to extend that career path. Those that can, do, those that can't get promoted (or teach according to the vid).

Best served!

Mac

Hey folks, we just wanted to give a little bit more information on the things we are working on related to the performance issues many players are still seeing, as we still have a few things that are being actively worked on.

Routing: We are still working with individual ISP’s and our own provider to help improve how traffic to and from the datacenter is being routed. This is something that can take a little time but we are making progress with everyone involved to make sure things are as efficient as they can be.

Server Configuration: As we are working with a new setup and server operating system, there are things that can be very different from the previous versions. Like changing from for example, Windows 7 to Windows 10, there can be and are some things that behave differently even though they in theory should not. There are also things that weren’t in previous versions that can help us that were not there before. Our Ops team has been constantly monitoring and making changes to help improve performance and will continue to do so.

PvMP: We know that playing in the Ettenmoors has not been a good experience since the move and we are looking at both server and game side solutions to help improve the performance. Some of these things may be simple adjustments we can make and some other will more than likely be a bit more on the complicated side, as nothing to do with PvMP is done easily due to the nature of it works.

There are just a few of the things that are being worked on, along with a few other options the team has been exploring. Overall we just wanted to make it clear that we are by no means done working on making the performance of the game better. We will continue to work on making improvements to all aspects of game performance as we move forward. We thank you all and appreciate everyone’s continued patience as we continue to make these improvements.

can I have your lifetime account? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Marita View Post
    When you moved the servers from the EU to the US back in 2011 my game time stopped due to getting 500-800ms+ ping with around 3- 4% packet loss which is normal for me when I connect to anything in the states. This break lasted 4 years though I came back now and then to see if things had improved which it had not.

I came back last year around GU16 time as you guys said we were going to get a EU data base , I was over the moon and now you go and say it's not going to happen ..thanks for giving me false hope . My ping now is 300-450 so that's gone down a bit but my packet loss had gone up to around 5%-9%. I get zero packet loss and 40ms ping if I connect to online games based in the EU, example SWTOR,FFXIV ARR and EQ2 to name a few, so I guess this is it from me been a lifetimer and founder since the game was born..such a shame
    Just kidding and sorry for your loss.
    I've played SWTOR and that game is amazing, but I don't see myself grinding out a new game again. That is what got me to stay with LOTRO for so long, else I would've been long gone and never looked back.
    If I stop with LOTRO, I will stop with MMOs altogether.
    I liked the Star Wars single-player adventure games / role playing games or Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    PvMP: We know that playing in the Ettenmoors has not been a good experience since the move and we are looking at both server and game side solutions to help improve the performance. Some of these things may be simple adjustments we can make and some other will more than likely be a bit more on the complicated side, as nothing to do with PvMP is done easily due to the nature of it works.
    Does this include the buff/debuff lag?

One of the most annoying things ever to me is when I'm on hold, annoyed as hell, and the canned message thanks me for my patience. Sometimes repeatedly. It's condescending and annoying especially because I have run out of patience and want to tell them to shove it up their ####.

I would much rather hear you acknowledge my frustration and irritation and simply tell me you're going to fix it as quickly as possible. Please stop assuming I have patience after I've been waiting for quite some time. By now that ship has sailed.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Wibz View Post
    Does this include the buff/debuff lag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    Is that mean you are fixing the problem of lags(in PvE raids or PvMP) when the target have a lot of dots\renewable debuffs on it (causes everyone to use targer forwarding) ?
    Up
    (1234567)

Thanks Frelorn. We like status updates.

Mac

And so because they don't give you the answers that YOU want you go on and on acting like a child. I'm sure that if you asked your country's secret service or whatever you have over there that they would be willing to divulge all of their secrets and other transactions, wait, NO they wouldn't.

Get a grip on reality and accept some things that you can't change. I'm sorry is that too blunt for you.

let's see how you rant the next time something YOU care about gets changed-doesn't happen. you rant. Oh and don't go "I just accept it and move on". You don't. You rant first. And then hold a grudge for months, and trash talk everything

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    And so because they don't give you the answers that YOU want you go on and on acting like a child. I'm sure that if you asked your country's secret service or whatever you have over there that they would be willing to divulge all of their secrets and other transactions, wait, NO they wouldn't.

Get a grip on reality and accept some things that you can't change. I'm sorry is that too blunt for you.
    Not sure who you're sputtering at here. Since Frelorn's post a couple people have asked for clarification on whether this supposed continued work includes specific areas, one quoted an earlier post and responded to it (not Frelorn), and I said it's annoying and condescending to thank me for my patience when I'm on hold since you're assuming I'm being patient and essentially not trapped waiting with no other recourse to affect change. I didn't think asking about lag constituted going on and on acting like a child, so that leaves the other guys out. My post was specific to one sentence that in the current state of communication is out of place and personally irritating to me.

So what secrets and other transactions were we asking to be divulged exactly? However at least here in the US you might find our secrets and other transactions divulged on YouTube if not the nightly news. Especially if it involves national security. Just look at the current election.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlettia View Post
    If All the servers are permanently staying in New Jersey now, is there any chance of amalgamating the servers so us non-US players have a wider choice of EN servers available to transfer to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    No, this was addressed a long time ago. It had to do with how Codemasters and Turbine stored account data that would allow that data to overlap if they tried to allow players to cross from EU to US or vice versa. This could result in data loss and/or accounts being merged.
    Nevertheless, there is no problem when transferring EU characters on Bulllroarer ^^

Hey folks, we just wanted to give a little bit more information on the things we are working on related to the performance issues many players are still seeing, as we still have a few things that are being actively worked on.

Routing: We are still working with individual ISP’s and our own provider to help improve how traffic to and from the datacenter is being routed. This is something that can take a little time but we are making progress with everyone involved to make sure things are as efficient as they can be.

Server Configuration: As we are working with a new setup and server operating system, there are things that can be very different from the previous versions. Like changing from for example, Windows 7 to Windows 10, there can be and are some things that behave differently even though they in theory should not. There are also things that weren’t in previous versions that can help us that were not there before. Our Ops team has been constantly monitoring and making changes to help improve performance and will continue to do so.

There are just a few of the things that are being worked on, along with a few other options the team has been exploring. Overall we just wanted to make it clear that we are by no means done working on making the performance of the game better. We will continue to work on making improvements to all aspects of game performance as we move forward. We thank you all and appreciate everyone’s continued patience as we continue to make these improvements.
    Nice Information Buddy, BUT all we want at the EU is a clear statement about the promissed Datacenter in Amsterdam.
    Say the facts please and don't beat about the bush!

Thanks from a breakless player since release!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllmoCR View Post
    Nice Information Buddy, BUT all we want at the EU is a clear statement about the promissed Datacenter in Amsterdam.
    Say the facts please and don't beat about the bush!

Thanks from a breakless player since release!!!
    They did say recently - yesterday Vyv announced it's not happening.

Thanks for the information, usually scarce.

I'm disappointed with the news as well. But, to be honest, though I'd appreciate a little less latency, I don't think the game problem to be that. Always thought about bad coding client and server side. And that's not new, been there for years, never improved. Servers move only made it worse, adding new issues to the existing ones. So we ended up mitigating client flaws with better hardware in our computers. One could think something similar would happen improving server and network hardware, but that didn't happen. I understand there are issues to sort after platform upgrades, but usually that sort of problems can be detected by testing in advance, something apparently not done very thoroughly.

Anyway, even game marketing wise, the timing of the announcement seems very badly chosen. If we already got all the performance improvements in place and the game ran smoothly when the announcement was done, we could think "well, the latency will be the same, but at least the game experience is way better" . It would have mitigated the users rage. The only thing we have now is another failed hope of game improvement.

The Lord of the Rings deserves better than this...

I'll believe it when I see it. Cheers!

Will this be a downside for all Europeans in general or the ones playing on Euro servers? I realise you're working on improving gameplay in general and I played just fine in RoI and so on so I believe you can work it out. I am just wondering if the random crashes and lag that has been going on during the past weeks can be fixed. In the sense that I will no longer have countable seconds where the game stops entirely when I for instance play Barad Guldur or do the dailies in Minas Tirth

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast