We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast
    When will free transfers across shared storage for every server open up?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    So, wild speculation time...

Most importantly I suppose this means there must be a pending announcement of the datacenter move with the move occuring prior to Jan 4 since Vyvyanne has repeatedly stated that the free moves won't start until after we're on the new hardware. I hope that's no later than next week since any later and it impacts Yule Festival and holiday gaming fun.

I note that Arkenstone & Gwaihir's "week" is much longer than a week which is likely fine since they'll get disrupted by the datacenter move.

And I see that the "week plus a month" has been combined in the case of Brandywine & Evernight where the other servers gets some time in between to contemplate their possibly rash decisions.

I must admit that the news regarding upgrading some OS from 32- to 64-bit this late in the process floored me. I think my jaw broke when it hit the floor.
    To me, that explains most of the issues that we've seen. That's a major migration and I think there will be some significant server load/response time improvements from this.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    When will free transfers across shared storage for every server open up?
    We are working through some issues with turning Paid (token use) transfers back on, including granting 3 free tokens to every account. I do not have n ETA at this time, but as soon as possible. We understand some of you just want to transfer one or two characters or shared storage without waiting on a window and we want to let you do that, but it is gated behind us working through this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    The actual turning on of the Datacenter will occur after the holiday.
    By "holiday", you mean after New Years Day?

Well that shreds what I thought was my most reliable guess based on past statements.

All the best.

By "holiday", you mean after New Years Day?

Well that shreds what I thought was my most reliable guess based on past statements.

All the best.
    Mine too, but this is a major upgrade and monumental transfer of data from one place to another that affects all of our systems including our support system. The last thing we want to do is push it out hastily right before most of our staff is off spending time with their families. Thus we had to make the call to hold on to it until we are secure in the functionality and will have a full staff ready to handle any difficulties we encounter during the launch and the weeks following.

Mine too, but this is a major upgrade and monumental transfer of data from one place to another that affects all of our systems including our support system. The last thing we want to do is push it out hastily right before most of our staff is off spending time with their families. Thus we had to make the call to hold on to it until we are secure in the functionality and will have a full staff ready to handle any difficulties we encounter during the launch and the weeks following.
    I understand. It's complicated further because you have 2 locations an ocean apart to deal with. I'm guessing bringing both datacenters online will still happen concurrently?

I'd likely make the same call and wait until after the new year knowing what I know now. (That OS thing was a bit of blindside to me)

I understand. It's complicated further because you have 2 locations an ocean apart to deal with. I'm guessing bringing both datacenters online will still happen concurrently?
    If you read closely, you'll see that she actually referred to "the datacenter" (singular):
    The actual turning on of the Datacenter will occur after the holiday.
    The plot thickens...
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    If you read closely, you'll see that she actually referred to "the datacenter" (singular):

The plot thickens...
    Hence my question...
    Last edited by Thoroval; Dec 11 2015 at 07:54 PM.

This is an excellent and commendable approach to take. But why wasn't the same process followed with the release of u17, which was released with some significant known issues, and without all its content implemented (the third daily, the lack of a rep mount at the Minas Tirith batterers, and the lack of many quests, deeds, interiors and POIs which a quick scan through Minas Tirith on bullroarer for 17.2 revealed)? Your customer base would have been happy to wait got a finished product, as we are happy to wait for the data centre, but one gets the feeling that u17 was pushed out due to commands from on high.

If you are not receiving confirmation emails from CS or the transfer system then it is likely your email was unsubscribed from notices at some point. Please go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php and enter a new email or re-enter your one that is already there to reset this problem under Account Profile. This should correct the email issue. Then submit a new ticket. Due to the number of transfers processing at this time it may take a few days, but we will get to you.

Something must be wrong with your email system. I registered with an address formatted as x.xxxxxx@domain.net, and haven't received any email notifications. I re-registered under an address with no period (e.g., email@domain.net), and started receiving notifications.
    Jewahe

wish you / Turbine would have done the same for the content releases the last 4yrs+

In the history of the world so far.

Has there ever been an IT project ,,that was implemented or upgraded ,that actually completed on time and in budget?

Why do people still believe the bulls'it from those trying to sell you new hardware/software.

Maybe its a species wide hole in our intelligence that needs addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    Something must be wrong with your email system. I registered with an address formatted as x.xxxxxx@domain.net, and haven't received any email notifications. I re-registered under an address with no period (e.g., email@domain.net), and started receiving notifications.
    I have to ask: are you certain? That would explain much.

transfered losses

Curious...has anyone else after transfer come to find U lost some things? I lost a LOT of my housing trophies..I sent in a ticket an am waiting for reply...Just wondering if anyone else has had this solved an regained there losses or is it just gone?.....TY

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    One of my accounts have an e-mail address with a period (name.name@) and i receive e-mails normally...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    Curious...has anyone else after transfer come to find U lost some things? I lost a LOT of my housing trophies..I sent in a ticket an am waiting for reply...Just wondering if anyone else has had this solved an regained there losses or is it just gone?.....TY
    You sure you own this trophies? Because if this items was owned for another character it was sent back to this character when you transferred your house.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

trophies

Ty for responding..yes I own all the trophies...My kin house an my personal house...My kin is made up of only my players...i have no one else in my kin that trophies could belong to.

If transferring account off of one of the remaining servers/worlds which is not closing, to another remaining server/world, does one still get refunded some of the monies for the Kinship House and personal house, or is that only for those transferring off of a closing server/world?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
    Last edited by Celthon; Dec 13 2015 at 12:27 PM.

everyday my friends ask me if i am going to come play lotro with them and everyday i have to tell them that my characters have not transferred yet, missed a whole week of playing with my friends on the new server cause turbine wont transfer me, i have not even gotten a confirmation email yet, i did exactly what vyvyanne said to do, but then she decided it would be better to ignore my customer support issues as well, i suppose i should of expected this

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    Ty for responding..yes I own all the trophies...My kin house an my personal house...My kin is made up of only my players...i have no one else in my kin that trophies could belong to.
    Were the trophies on multiple characters? Did you transfer all your characters at the same time with your "kin leader"? If so, you may indeed have lost them since transfer order may cause certain items to be deleted. I'll try to explain to the best of my ability and understanding.

You have a kinship named Always Saving Hobbits! (ASH) The kin leader is Aragorn therefore he controls the kin house. You also have kin members Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli. Legolas is the personal home owner because the Falathlorn Homeowner's Association has strict rules against home owners less than 1000 years old.

Aragorn possesses the Trophy of Scruffiness
    Boromir has the Artifact of Mordor Walking
    Legolas has the Oliphant Acrobatics Award
    Gimli has the Track Meet Participant Medal

Each of these items are character-bound and installed in hooks in your kin house.

You select to transfer all 4 characters at the same time. The system completes each character transfer in some unknown, seemingly random order (it may be alphabetical, but this example doesn't assume that).

The transfer system's selection for the first transfer is... Gimli! Gimli transfers successfully. He finally won a race against his pals! Gimli arrives at his new home server. Yay? Well, first of all Gimli is no longer in a kinship because the system hasn't transferred Aragorn yet! Also, his bound Medal is still sitting in the old kin house hook where he placed it. But he'll get that later, right? Probably not because...

The system next chooses to transfer Aragorn. The kin house is abandoned! The kinship is dissolved! Aragorn's Trophy is returned to the account escrow (aka housing storage) because the system looks up the character ID associated with the Trophy and matches it to Aragorn who at that exact moment still exists on the server. Legolas' Award and Boromir's Artifact are also placed in escrow because both characters still exist on the source server. Sadly, when the system attempts to determine where to place Gimli's Medal, ooops, character ID does not exist. *poof* goes the Medal. Deleted according to this article (see the underlined statement under Step 3).

Aragorn is transferred and voila! ASH is reborn on the destination server. He is the leader! But where's Gimli? Didn't he already arrive? Yes he did, but now he must be added back to the kinship manually with a new join date. Silly dwarf running ahead of everyone. He can wait.

So Aragorn purchases a new kin house and opens the housing escrow to retrieve his Trophy. Oh no! The Eye of Sauron has SNATCHED his Trophy of Scruffiness. Whatever will Eowyn... errr, Arwen think? Oh, now he remembers. The reason the Trophy isn't there is because it is still back on his previous server sitting in his housing escrow (remember, escrow is really just personal housing storage). Ugh! His Elfness needs to get his fanny over here now!

Unfortunately, the system next chooses to transfer Boromir. Boromir arrives and is automatically added to the kinship. Boromir taunts Gimli who is still waiting to be reinvited to the kin. Boromir also notices his Artifact isn't in escrow. Aragorn explains why and they both start a grumbling session about Legolas' hair.

The transfer system finally transfers Legolas. Legolas arrives and is automatically added to the kinship. Legolas taunts Gimli who is still waiting to be reinvited to the kin and then goes to purchase a house. He makes everything look so effortless, doesn't he? It must be the hair.

Aragorn and Boromir head to the housing storage (it is accessible via the Escrow Broker ONLY when a house isn't owned), see that their bound items have arrived and share a bro moment. Aragorn, now in a good mood, invites Gimli to the kinship. Gimli grumbles something that sounds like "I know some dark mine shafts where bodies would never be found" and opens the housing storage looking for his Medal.

It's gone forever.

Gimli pulls out his axe...

tl;dr

Be sure to use the Recommended Transfer Order found here. I personally would do the following:
    1. (If personal home owner is not the kin leader) "Return to Owner" all bound decorations installed in my personal house before starting any transfers. Not doing so may result in the kin leader losing bound items installed in personal house hooks.
    2. Transfer my kin leader only
    3. After receiving the "World Transfer confirmation" email, log in to verify successful kin leader transfer
    4. (If personal home owner is not the kin leader) Transfer my personal home owner only
    5. (If personal home owner is not the kin leader) After receiving the "World Transfer confirmation" email, log in to verify successful personal home owner transfer
    6. Transfer my Shared Items only
    7. After receiving the "World Transfer confirmation" email, log in to verify successful shared items transfer
    8. Transfer all remaining characters at once (order no longer matters)

Edit: This may or may not hold with the update 17.1 decoration binding changes. Since bound-to-account housing decorations were implemented after the limited transfer testing of a couple of months ago, I have no idea if decorations will still be lost or if account-bound is enough to save the items. Perhaps another step: 9. Transfer Shared Items again (just to see if anything else comes over)?
    Last edited by Thoroval; Dec 13 2015 at 05:20 PM.

@Vyvyanne and LotRO crew...

@Vyvyanne and the LotRO crew...

Thank you very much for all your diligence in helping make this transition as smooth as possible.

As we know from times past, moves of hardware and data can sometimes go not at all as one expects.
    For me personally, I have had no major issues in transfers off of closing worlds. Any issues I did have were
    usually of my own making.

Happy Holidays and New Year to you all!

Unhappy Issues on Transfer of Kinship

Wanted to see if I can get some Questions answered on How to Fix a Transfer of a Kinship that Messed up?
    **Note: I did the Walk-through on Transferring a Kinship. Transfer occurred on the 12th

1) How do I correct the "Auto-Add" Kin members that Transfer AFTER the Leader (Me) that did not get added back into the Kinship when they transferred?
    this is turning into a rather Big Hassle, NONE of My Kinsmen & Kinswomen that were in My Kinship (Has Powerful Friends//Vilya) were Added, so Now We have to Re-Invite them.
    therein is the Issue, Finding them. Being on at the Same Time is an Unknown. My Roster List was apparently erased (HAD 384 Members in Vilya) now it's Blank. So all I can do is Hope they send me a Message, which brings Me to Question #2
    2) They send me a In-Game Message listing their Characters that use to be in the Kinship. I go to the Social Panel-->Kinship Tab-->ADD-->Extended Kinship Invite-->Type in Their Character Name-->I get: You can not Perform Kinship Actions on that Player...REALLY??
    3) When I Transferred, My Main (Leader of the Kinship), and 1 of My Alt's was In the Kinship when we arrived in Landroval. However, All of My Other Alt's (Same Account) got the Message:
    This Character was Expelled from the Kinship. So, what's Up with that??
    4) Have a Huge Issue with Kinship & Personal Escrows. When I got to Landroval I bought a New Kin House (which BTW Cost Me more than what I was refunded??), Went in the Kinhouse, Looked in the Chest-->Nothing, went to the Escrow Broker in the Neighborhood, also Nothing...Hmmm now what? So, I went and Bought a New Deluxe House...Guess What, My Kinship House Chest Contents, AND My Personal House Contents were all mixed together in My Personal House Chest that only was set-up for 60 spaces, and now has another 260 items crammed in there.
    Can I get some Help here in Fixing this???
    Doesn't Look like I can Play the Game for a Very Very Long Time, until I can get My Kinship back up and running, and get my Kinhouse decorated, and Finding all my Former Members
    Oh, and I did contact In-Game Game-Master, and was told to go to Support//LOTRO-Failed Transfer...any ideas on How Long that will take??

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red_1 View Post
    4) Have a Huge Issue with Kinship & Personal Escrows. When I got to Landroval I bought a New Kin House (which BTW Cost Me more than what I was refunded??), Went in the Kinhouse, Looked in the Chest-->Nothing, went to the Escrow Broker in the Neighborhood, also Nothing...Hmmm now what? So, I went and Bought a New Deluxe House...Guess What, My Kinship House Chest Contents, AND My Personal House Contents were all mixed together in My Personal House Chest that only was set-up for 60 spaces, and now has another 260 items crammed in there.
    The part concerning kin house stuff being placed in your personal housing storage is working exactly as intended. See Kinship transfer here. Quoted for convenience...
    ...unbound items will be put in the Kinleader’s personal house storage or escrow.
    The other issues you bring up sound like a major breakdown of the system. That can be devastating to a kinship. I really hope they can fix that for you somehow. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Celthon View Post
    If transferring account off of one of the remaining servers/worlds which is not closing, to another remaining server/world, does one still get refunded some of the monies for the Kinship House and personal house, or is that only for those transferring off of a closing server/world?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
    Yes it is a part of the transfer process now regardless of where you are transferring from.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red_1 View Post
    Wanted to see if I can get some Questions answered on How to Fix a Transfer of a Kinship that Messed up?
    **Note: I did the Walk-through on Transferring a Kinship. Transfer occurred on the 12th

1) How do I correct the "Auto-Add" Kin members that Transfer AFTER the Leader (Me) that did not get added back into the Kinship when they transferred?
    this is turning into a rather Big Hassle, NONE of My Kinsmen & Kinswomen that were in My Kinship (Has Powerful Friends//Vilya) were Added, so Now We have to Re-Invite them.
    therein is the Issue, Finding them. Being on at the Same Time is an Unknown. My Roster List was apparently erased (HAD 384 Members in Vilya) now it's Blank. So all I can do is Hope they send me a Message, which brings Me to Question #2
    2) They send me a In-Game Message listing their Characters that use to be in the Kinship. I go to the Social Panel-->Kinship Tab-->ADD-->Extended Kinship Invite-->Type in Their Character Name-->I get: You can not Perform Kinship Actions on that Player...REALLY??
    3) When I Transferred, My Main (Leader of the Kinship), and 1 of My Alt's was In the Kinship when we arrived in Landroval. However, All of My Other Alt's (Same Account) got the Message:
    This Character was Expelled from the Kinship. So, what's Up with that??
    On the roster, it will fill up as players log into the new server with the character that was once in the Kinship. Have they moved and logged in and still not been auto-added?

With your alts did they move at the same time as the kin leader or did you move the leader first and then move the alts? The message about being expelled from the kinship did that happen on the old server or new server? If the other members are not being auto-added as they log in, it is possible there was an error in order of operations, but sadly this is not something we could correct after the fact. If this is the case you will need to invite them or assign officers to help invite them back in as they come over from the old world.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast