Middle-earth Fashion Week Fashion Contest
Middle-earth Fashion Week Screenshot Contest
Sure, you adventurers may fight through the swamps, ditches, and battlegrounds of Middle-earth, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress to impress! It’s Middle-earth Fashion Week and we want to see your latest couture combinations! Break out your dyes and your wardrobe and get ready to look fabulous.
For this contest we have six varied categories for you to enter. Each user can enter a single one of the four categories (listed below) twice. All screenshots we receive are automatically eligible for the Fan Favorite and Fashionista’s Choice Awards. If a screenshot you submit wins any category, you’ll win 500 Turbine Points and a unique title for our forums!
And The Categories Are...
- Most Fashionable Kinship: Dress for success as a group and send in your kinship photos! The winner of this category will be known as “Kinship Fashion Photographer 2013” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Fashion In Motion: Entries in this category should be taken while on horseback! Color coordinate with your horse and ride through Middle-earth in style! The winner of this category will receive the title of, “Galloping Beauty 2013” (female) or “Dashing Stallion 2013” (male) on the LOTRO Forums.
- Professionally Minded: Look your best while you’re on the job! This category is for the many beautiful outfits that are themed to either your class or your crafting profession. The winner of this category will receive the title of “Professionally Dressed 2013” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Formal Extravagance: Not every ensemble needs to be created with armor. This category is for those luxurious clothing combinations that are more suited for a party under the light of the moon. The winner of this category will receive the title “Extravagant in Starlight 2013” on the LOTRO Forums.
This time, however, we’re introducing a twist -- Community Awards! The final nominees for these two awards are chosen by the Turbine Community Team, but the winners are chosen by community members. You don’t have to enter your photos into these specific categories; all photos in all four categories automatically qualify for the Community Awards.
Community Award Categories
- Fashionista’s Choice: This category will be voted on by members of our Fashion Blogging community! Starry of Starry Mantle, and Hymne of Cosmetic LOTRO will form our panel of fashionistas! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashionista’s Choice 2013” on the LOTRO Forums.
- Fan Favorite: After the Turbine Community Team collects all screenshots, we’ll whittle down the pack to the best of the best. At that time, we’ll create a forum poll and let you, the community, choose your favorite! The winner of this category will receive the title “Fashion Fan Favorite 2013” on the LOTRO Forums.
The Fashion Week contest runs from Monday, March 11th, 2013 until Monday, March 18th, 2013. Entries must be received by Turbine no later than March 18th, and you may only submit two screenshots per category. Polls for the Fan Favorite award will open Wednesday, March 20th and run until Monday, March 25th. Turbine will announce the winners of each category on the LOTRO Forums and website on Wednesday, March 27th. Winning submissions will receive 500 Turbine Points.
- Screenshots must be original and unedited (cropping is allowed) and should have a resolution of at least 1024x768. Here are some tips for taking screenshots:
- You can zoom in to a first-person view with the mouse-wheel
- The number pad or right mouse button can be used to adjust the camera angle
- F11 or CTRL-P takes your screenshot
- Screenshots are stored in My Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online
- The F12 button will remove the UI
To enter the Middle-earth Fashion Week Screenshot Contest, send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Middle-earth Fashion Week Screenshot Contest”. All entries must include the category for which it is being entered, the player's name, e-mail address, primary player and/or forum name (if any), names of characters in the screenshot, and desired name(s) to credit (i.e., real name, player name or forum name). You may only submit two screenshots per category, so make them count!