We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

    Hi, this is Turwe (a r12 Guardian here on Meneldor among other chars, if we haven't crossed paths). I'm trying to organize the people who are unhappy with the lack of PvP but don't want the RvR and lag of Brandywine into picking an alternative server to mass transfer to. I made this post on every other low-population-server's PvP forum trying to gather information about the state of their server and I'm posting it here as well because, while I already know MY answers to these questions from my recent time in the moors, a lot of it is just an opinion - and it's possible that other people who committed to transferring a character with me might want to review this thread if they're considering voting for Meneldor as a possible transfer location. So here it is, the post I made on every other forum, in its undiluted form:

    A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

    I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

    Thanks!

    If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.

  2. #2
    I might as well start by giving my answers to these questions, in case a non-Meneldor person is interested in reading them.

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    Dead. More freep dominated than creep dominated right now, but one organized 6 man is enough to rule the moors and make the other side log.

    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    In Breeds is probably the only active tribe, with a few recent appearances by TIU when there are freeps to fight.

    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    Dead. Revenant is still a PvP kin, with Children of Hurin, S9, TIU's freeps, or perhaps Regphor's kin (forgot name) being the only others that I see out there as kin groups. A lot of the freeps that roam are high ranked, but I wouldn't say we have many high ranked freeps as we don't have many people period.

    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    No.

    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    Welcomed. So so welcomed.

    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?
    A few people still like to 1v1 and they're generally left in peace.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 10:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post
    I might as well start by giving my answers to these questions, in case a non-Meneldor person is interested in reading them.

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    Dead. More freep dominated than creep dominated right now, but one organized 6 man is enough to rule the moors and make the other side log.

    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    In Breeds is probably the only active tribe, with a few recent appearances by TIU when there are freeps to fight.

    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    Dead. Revenant is still a PvP kin, with S9, TIU's freeps, or perhaps Regphor's kin (forgot name) being the only others that I see out there as kin groups. A lot of the freeps that roam are high ranked, but I wouldn't say we have many high ranked freeps as we don't have many people period.

    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    No.

    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    Welcomed. So so welcomed.

    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?
    A few people still like to 1v1 and they're generally left in peace.
    1) I agree with.
    2) Dude, IB even has there dead moments, today before peak, I was the only one on
    3) Regphor's kin is Riders of the Mark, and there are still some solstice people stayed, the only freeps out are r9+
    4) Agreed
    5) YES! 100%agree!
    6) Really the only fighting is 1v1

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,696
    You forgot about I Am Revenant , theyre all about pvp

  5. #5
    All one of the Elmo lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    some were below the mayson dixon line
    Posts
    185
    1) Its a delicate ballence right now as others have said. One organized group can "ruin the moors" but in general the creeps seem to have more active players.
    2) Tiu is still around however everone mostly playes freep now adays, however if we had more freeps you would see more grody tiu. As for the other tribes it seems like most are innactive/uncordinated but idk maby im just biast.
    3) Rev/S9/Tiu group quite alot, however none of them have alot of active players. Children of Hurion were the only other freeps for a while but the last couple days a few more freeps have shown up.
    4) no an organized group of more than 6 on eather side tipicly rules the day at any time.
    5) welcomed with open arms
    6)1v1s are tipicly left alone and are enjoyed by a few people but its rair that we have them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybob24 View Post
    1) Its a delicate ballence right now as others have said. One organized group can "ruin the moors" but in general the creeps seem to have more active players.
    2) Tiu is still around however everone mostly playes freep now adays, however if we had more freeps you would see more grody tiu. As for the other tribes it seems like most are innactive/uncordinated but idk maby im just biast.
    3) Rev/S9/Tiu group quite alot, however none of them have alot of active players. Children of Hurion were the only other freeps for a while but the last couple days a few more freeps have shown up.
    4) no an organized group of more than 6 on eather side tipicly rules the day at any time.
    5) welcomed with open arms
    6)1v1s are tipicly left alone and are enjoyed by a few people but its rair that we have them.

    ^it's like witnessing the English language being mercilessly waterboarded

    +rep

  8. #8
    TIU has a freep kin?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CST
    Posts
    30

    Red face

    1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

    1) Dead, but seeing a glimmer of hope. Depends. Can go either way & if anyone flips its usually to the weaker side, but all it takes is a couple of victories, then dead again .
    2) Low, some transferred. IB & TIU with some others. TIU would love to be able to go back creepside if we had more freeps. (I believe) not speaking for them, but I find they enjoy being in a challenging situation!
    3) Low with some looking to transfer or have transferred. Others rolling toons on other servers to find more action. Same as you stated Turwe, with a few freeps that started around U12 starting to make an appearance. Mostly mid-high rank.
    4) No!!
    5) Absolutely, Overwhelmingly, 110% WELCOMED!!!!
    6) Dwindling but still happens time to time. Mainly b/c we need more players. Welcomed, at least by the remaining population & have been in the past (for the most part)!! Most, if not all (of the few we had) gankers, have transferred. We have some that enjoy 1v1s so much, you can run across them sparring (while grouped together waiting on action), and one guy, while lvl a toon to 10 to make a creep on another server, can't get past lvl 5, we keep telling him he can't gain exp sparring low lvl toons in Archet, but itheres in one ear & out the other! Not gonna throw your name out there Jekka !!

    **This is strictly my POV
    I do believe M would be a great place for this transfer!! I can't list them all, but here are a few reason's:
    1) We have (in the majority) players who enjoy small group play (only exception may be IB, but they will work with us, I believe). I'm not even sure they still have the #'s for a raid
    *** This is not by any means a knock on IB, my understanding is they just have a more open policy to include everyone in tribe, if they want in a group
    2) It would definitely catch the attention of vets that are: 1) not playing atm 2) playing sparingly 3) transferred
    3) most of us enjoy challenges & are not afraid to die in a PvP environment, but you will take our best shot before we go down, and we will be back
    4) our newer players want good PvP & are willing to listen & do what's best for the server (my observation)
    5) It's pretty dead which makes for a great fresh start. Repeating-most that would come back are like minded & newer players will work with you (my opinion)
    6) We could bring back THUNDERDOME, Elmo would furnish the prizes "Of Course"
    7) Great place to start a new kin/tribe or join an existing one

    I'm sure there are many more reasons that could fit this server & many others, but some of the ones I listed may be a little harder to come by, not sure!
    *** Again this is just my POV!!
    **please feel free to chime in, your opinion may differ, but it's important for the voters to get a clear picture of the server they will choose.

    ~~Sarbor

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aculah View Post
    1)
    *** This is not by any means a knock on IB, my understanding is they just have a more open policy to include everyone in tribe, if they want in a group
    2) It would definitely catch the attention of vets that are: 1) not playing atm 2) playing sparingly 3) transferred
    3) most of us enjoy challenges & are not afraid to die in a PvP environment, but you will take our best shot before we go down, and we will be back
    4) our newer players want good PvP & are willing to listen & do what's best for the server (my observation)
    5) It's pretty dead which makes for a great fresh start. Repeating-most that would come back are like minded & newer players will work with you (my opinion)
    6) We could bring back THUNDERDOME, Elmo would furnish the prizes "Of Course"
    7) Great place to start a new kin/tribe or join an existing one

    I'm sure there are many more reasons that could fit this server & many others, but some of the ones I listed may be a little harder to come by, not sure!
    *** Again this is just my POV!!
    **please feel free to chime in, your opinion may differ, but it's important for the voters to get a clear picture of the server they will choose.

    ~~Sarbor
    I 100% agree with you Sarb! I feel there will be many new pvp kins/tribes out there if more "elite" players come to our server (maybe a new S9 kin) and even a new Arcanum like kin. Of course I would love to see THUNDERDOME come back! Last night was one night I could tell we could have had a sweet new fresh start due to it being 7 on 7 at TR, but it could have been 24 v 24! All in all, I agree!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,696
    I have views and opinions on why M is what it is right now and im sure i'll piss a few people off but i personally dont care

    1. Like freeps in the past creeps since the update changes to Reavers,Defiler and some love to freeps the creeps have disappeared in numbers some transferred to larger creep servers, some just transferred because and others are just pveing on their freeps because they dont have a big zerg ball to roll around with anymore and yes im calling out alot of IB members on that.

    2. Its summer time so population tends to get lower at this time with the exception of young kids trying out this game for the first time/


    3. freeps who have been playing creep came back to their freeps for a easier time, some transfered and other just dont come out anymore.

    4. theres alot of freeps and creeps who are afraid of dying and just wont pvp if the side theyre playing doesnt have the edge and yes i know theres some who dont care and enjoy the challenge, theres more that just wont while being outnumbered


    Ive seen this server like this before maybe not to this degree but its happened in the past so im not one to transfer off personally, even if i thought about it but im sticking to my guns and when i said i'll never transfer my Lm i just wont.




    Basically this server has gotten soft on both side from my point of view



    love as always

    ME

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    2. Its summer time so population tends to get lower at this time with the exception of young kids trying out this game for the first time/
    I'm curious as to what the population will be like in a month. I usually just take summer off from pvp to give myself a break.

    I think one more big thing is that a lot of the vets on both sides who might invite newer players to their group aren't playing anymore. Its tough to solo vs a group in pvp, so new players have a bad experience and don't stick with pvp. Thus you only have vet gorups on both sides.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK[/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Silver]/Smiter of Foes, [COLOR=Yellow]Vanyar[/COLOR][/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [COLOR=Silver][INDENT]Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, [COLOR=Yellow]Crosser of Roads[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Mender of Afflictions, [COLOR=Yellow]Expositor of Words[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Pet Rock Owner, [COLOR=Yellow]Quendi of Cuiviénen[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Exile [COLOR=Yellow]11/15/08[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    I have views and opinions on why M is what it is right now and im sure i'll piss a few people off but i personally dont care

    1. Like freeps in the past creeps since the update changes to Reavers,Defiler and some love to freeps the creeps have disappeared in numbers some transferred to larger creep servers, some just transferred because and others are just pveing on their freeps because they dont have a big zerg ball to roll around with anymore and yes im calling out alot of IB members on that.


    ME
    only 1 person xfered on IB afaik..... and I have been pveing, I like the changes to the classes and the new update and such:P

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    only 1 person xfered on IB afaik..... and I have been pveing, I like the changes to the classes and the new update and such:P
    Katkilla did

  15. #15
    Don't worry. I am still here, Turwe.

    I love you.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload