We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Symbol of the Elder King

So I'm new to this whole end game thing. How do I get a symbol of the Elder King? Is it possible to get one by playing solo or do I have to find a raiding group?

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Morinehtan View Post
    So I'm new to this whole end game thing. How do I get a symbol of the Elder King? Is it possible to get one by playing solo or do I have to find a raiding group?

Thanks for any help!
    Drops in raid size skirmishes and raids....Players used to spam run the easiest skirmishes for their symbol.. but since a level cap increase is coming in a few weeks and everyone has a symbol already i dont think you will find many people that want to waste time on an item that will become obsolete in such a short time... also you dont really need the symbol for anything...

The symbol is neither rare nor hard to get so it doesnt really show that you earned it by completing something hard or challenging.... if you want something like that try doing different raid cluster deeds for mounts, titles and housing items... at least that shows you had to work for your reward...

Oh and one more thing... if you dont pvp, there really is no end game... there is no gear progression to speak of.. but if you are lucky there might be some kins that do the old raids nowadays on bigger servers.. Even for that you dont really need the best gear... 3 age items will do well if you are competent at playing your class..

Hope this helped...
    Last edited by zagreb000; Jun 10 2014 at 08:42 PM.

They also drop in Big Battles. Solo/Duo, small fellowship, fellowship and raid sized. I believe it will only drop if u get platinum. I got 2 from there and my duo partner too. This is after they nerfed the drop rate for FA's in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    They also drop in Big Battles. Solo/Duo, small fellowship, fellowship and raid sized. I believe it will only drop if u get platinum. I got 2 from there and my duo partner too. This is after they nerfed the drop rate for FA's in raids.
    Never dropped in "Big Battles" for me - and I mean platinium ones - or raids.

So far the most realistic way to obtain is to buy in Auction house. Or be extremely lucky (i.e. if you buy lottery ticket and win main prize several times in a row).

As a solo player you can get 1°age symbol from running big battles : size of big battles doesn't count , the only thing you have to do is to collect more plat medal you can and so open many platinust chest rewards. I have to admit that as all the loot in the game this 1° age drop are really dependant drom RNG in fact i did for 2 months BB without having one and then i got 3 in a row ....

head to the skirmish camp south of bree. See the hobbit over by the forge,tell'em hundreddollarbillbo sent ya.

Thanks for the help everyone!

To Helm's Deep I go....

BTW, FA 95 symbols are already obsolete (there are FA 100 symbols on BR...)
    Last edited by Castorix; Jun 14 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    BTW, FA 95 symbols are already obsolete (there are FA 100 symbols on BR...)
    Seriously? Sigh.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Seriously? Sigh.
    In the tavern. Some people made quickly FA LIs to test them.
    But I don't know if they will drop like 95 ones (lvl 100 T3 skraids, etc...)