We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro music system and Macbook

Hello everyone,

At the risk of posting this tread in the wrong section of the forum, as this is about macbook technical issues, I will post it here anyway as this is the place where people with most knowledge about the music system are likely to read it, and the Mac section of the forum does not provide answers as far as I can tell.

I have been a big fan of the Lotro music system since I started playing this game almost two years ago, and I have been enjoying myself with it immensely! A while ago I met a very nice player who is playing on a Macbook and I was invited to play some songs with her. Then she told me she is experiencing major music system issues on her Macbook, namely:

- playback of one instrument only (In a fellowship as well as just listening to a band play)
    - Persistent bagpipe soundbug (Every time a song with bagpipes is being played)

I'm not familiar with Macbooks myself so I would like to ask:

- Are any of you using one, and not experiencing any problems at all?
    - Are any of you using a Macbook and having the same issues?
    - Any thoughts on what causes these issues and how to solve them?
    - Do you know of a place with more information about these issues?

I'm sorry that I cannot provide any specific detailed information other than what I've written, as it's not myself experiencing these issues.

She did check the preferences.ini file and the maximum sounds settings seem normal. Also she is using the generic audio playback settings ingame.

However it would be great if a solution could be found for these issues. We're on a roleplaying server and there are a lot of events that involve music!

Best regards,

Elwenwing

Quote Originally Posted by Elwenwing View Post
    Hello everyone,

At the risk of posting this tread in the wrong section of the forum, as this is about macbook technical issues, I will post it here anyway as this is the place where people with most knowledge about the music system are likely to read it, and the Mac section of the forum does not provide answers as far as I can tell.
    Actually, I usually recommend Mac Music Questions to be posted here -- there are very few actual "music players" in the Mac Forums, and my personal experience is incredibly limited.

From all I've been able to tell, there are few ABC players in the Mac world any more -- they have all switched to Midi or something else. i.e. no new or current software supporting ABC on the Mac.

Just watching Weatherstock 6 on Twitch -- it's not just the Macs which have problems with the LOTRO music system
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Thank you for your reply!

It seems like you are right, and very little macbook players are enjoying the Lotro music system.

Maybe the issues affect all of them and I hope they will be solved one day!

I was hoping to get a couple of pointers towards solving my friends problem, as it's a rather sad feeling to play music together with someone you know, who is only enjoying a very small part of the experience!

*smiles*

Wheatherstock was a blast this year! Many grand bands, lots of fun and surely upsetting the server is part of it!

Thank you Turbine for your role in making this event happen!
    Last edited by Elwenwing; Jun 27 2014 at 07:32 PM.

Unfortunately, it's not just Macbook players. I play on an iMac, and the music system has never worked properly on the Mac client (it works fine under Bootcamp). I can play music fine, but the client cannot sync multiple musicians, and thus all groups generate a completely garbled sound. I've bugged this more than once, but it hasn't been fixed for a long time.

I have no solution to this problem. I wish I did.
    [url]http://lotrominstrel.blogspot.com[/url]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000276195/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree with the group play sounding garbled. I chuckled at the recent Rockfest on Landy; every band, every song sounded the same. Thank goodness for the Twitch TV feed that was there so that us POSIX-people could appreciate the music.
    Last edited by StinkyGreene; Jul 03 2014 at 08:03 AM.