We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, Ustoc. Pretty hard to label anybody best of the best all time with all these new people not knowing some greats. Only really can label some people by era heh, and even then, its all opinions for various different reasons, or no reasons at all . 7 years worth of pvpers, dam it's been a long time (still only 1 map too :P).
    ^ This

Classes were way different than nowadays (class revamps). I don't think you can compare old with new in playstyle. But I think, you can compare old with new in how much the fulfil their roles in raids (damage / support / heals)

Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbz280291 View Post
    Good thing Shadowthol has played through every expansion since 2007, therefore making him the best.
    I'm sorry, Don't know who he is. Just played vs his burg and seen his hunter on occasions

Quote Originally Posted by K1llyah View Post
    ^ This

Classes were way different than nowadays (class revamps). I don't think you can compare old with new in playstyle. But I think, you can compare old with new in how much the fulfil their roles in raids (damage / support / heals)
    Yup, nothing wrong with labeling who people think are best of the best, as long as its not an asinine answer haha . It really depends on peoples' personal experience with each player. Honestly, I think the people who'd I classify as best of the best, had they played consistently for 7 years, would probably still be the best of the best right now (newer people coming when I was here tho, I noticed they became better than previous people I knew, and vice versa), but to each their own is the whole point of this thread haha. So like I said, you can only really classify people by era or even eras depending on how long they've stayed as best of the best, save a few who've stayed for so long and proved they are still the best. I will say one thing tho: if you wanna talk about best dedication, look no further than my buddy Wolfgash; he has stayed on warg since the literal beginning and has played through the toughest times of a warg, before there were even corruption bonuses. I tip my hat to him, really good dude as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I'm sorry, Don't know who he is. Just played vs his burg and seen his hunter on occasions
    Hunter(s), Shadow doesnt know how to play a solo hunter lol :P.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 03 2014 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K1llyah View Post
    ^ This

I agree classes are alot different nowadays. But I'm willing to bet a good player from SoA early Moria days, is still better at their classes then 90% of the new players with the new class changes. CC and potting wounds etc. started to become a challenge for people in the few pve raids i used to do. The number of players around that understand basic mechanics of their classes and instants I would say is pretty low. So, yeah you can't really compare old to new but older players I said are still better then most new in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybum30 View Post
    I agree classes are alot different nowadays. But I'm willing to bet a good player from SoA early Moria days, is still better at their classes then 90% of the new players with the new class changes. CC and potting wounds etc. started to become a challenge for people in the few pve raids i used to do. The number of players around that understand basic mechanics of their classes and instants I would say is pretty low. So, yeah you can't really compare old to new but older players I said are still better then most new in my opinion.
    Please don't take this wrong because we have some great players who play right now but with that said, I honestly don't think there are any groups of players that come close to the Genbo/Aeons Blender groups.. Of course they took advantage of some mechanics but the organization and coordination in those raids haven't been matched with any consistency. I actually don't think we have the player base now to match what those guys could do.

I never actually played within any of those raids and there are others who can give better insight as to the discipline and coordination of the players within those Groups but I sure witnessed their wrath and witnessed the effort of a lot of really good players to find ways to beat those raids..

Times were different then though. First off, their were a lot more players and more people who continually tried and tried.. Now most give up only after dieing a couple of times.

I recall even Genbo and Aeons and their groups being little more than cannon fodder before they built their army and honed their leading and raiding skills. They didn't just log on one day and become overpowered.

That takes me back to how we all look at who we think are the best of the best players. I'm sure a lot of you think my picks were a joke. They weren't.

The best at playing their specific classes as individuals aren't necessarily good Leaders and we all are very aware that the best Leaders haven't always been the best at playing their individual classes.

From my perspective, the most difficult role to play in this game is the Leadership role and if I have to pick one person who is the all-time Best of the Best, I have to give that title to Didnthurt. No one on this Server has built more Armies, played through more adversity or won/lost more epic battles than he has and he didn't do it at Camps. I've fought against him at almost every strategic location on the Ettenmoors map, from Isendeep to the Troll on the Hill behind HH.

Now with that said, I have to give credit to a couple of active players who not only are the best of the best now but have the invested time I believe one should have to even be considered for a best of the best list. Those two players are Vic and Grog.

They are both great Generals who know what it takes to build a group for battle but they are also an acception to the idea that Great individual players aren't always great leaders. They are both exceptional at playing their individual classes and Leading in the Moors.

Laugh at my picks if you like, it's ok.. These threads are mostly popularity contest anyway but I really miss the Ootyfast days where groups kept coming out and having FUN no matter how many times they wiped.
    Love or hate Kalib, he could rally a force to be reckoned with at the drop of a hat at any time of the day or night.
    Valistar was best known for his Turtling tatics but he is probably the only Leader who gave Genbo and Aeons a run for their money consistantly and even his Raids got wiped more than any of the Raids of today do.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    Burglar: Ootyfast, Chillyfabbit
    Captain: Rexcelcius
    Champion: Duimegrant, Unca
    Guardian: Nembet, Eothaine, Erelb
    Hunter: Lindhros, Escalion
    Lore-Master: Daphne, Dunkelwald
    Minstrel: Gillyfleur
    Rune-Keeper: None
    Warden: Drukarth

Blackarrow: Bumbum
    Defiler: Coolyou
    Reaver: Oystermouth
    Stalker: Stingingtooth
    Warleader: Taldag
    Weaver: Dalady
    Rev ole buddy I think you misread this is the best of the best.....not the worst of whats left.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Please don't take this wrong because we have some great players who play right now but with that said, I honestly don't think there are any groups of players that come close to the Genbo/Aeons Blender groups.. Of course they took advantage of some mechanics but the organization and coordination in those raids haven't been matched with any consistency. I actually don't think we have the player base now to match what those guys could do.

I never actually played within any of those raids and there are others who can give better insight as to the discipline and coordination of the players within those Groups but I sure witnessed their wrath and witnessed the effort of a lot of really good players to find ways to beat those raids..

Times were different then though. First off, their were a lot more players and more people who continually tried and tried.. Now most give up only after dieing a couple of times.

I recall even Genbo and Aeons and their groups being little more than cannon fodder before they built their army and honed their leading and raiding skills. They didn't just log on one day and become overpowered.

That takes me back to how we all look at who we think are the best of the best players. I'm sure a lot of you think my picks were a joke. They weren't.

The best at playing their specific classes as individuals aren't necessarily good Leaders and we all are very aware that the best Leaders haven't always been the best at playing their individual classes.

From my perspective, the most difficult role to play in this game is the Leadership role and if I have to pick one person who is the all-time Best of the Best, I have to give that title to Didnthurt. No one on this Server has built more Armies, played through more adversity or won/lost more epic battles than he has and he didn't do it at Camps. I've fought against him at almost every strategic location on the Ettenmoors map, from Isendeep to the Troll on the Hill behind HH.

Now with that said, I have to give credit to a couple of active players who not only are the best of the best now but have the invested time I believe one should have to even be considered for a best of the best list. Those two players are Vic and Grog.

They are both great Generals who know what it takes to build a group for battle but they are also an acception to the idea that Great individual players aren't always great leaders. They are both exceptional at playing their individual classes and Leading in the Moors.

Laugh at my picks if you like, it's ok.. These threads are mostly popularity contest anyway but I really miss the Ootyfast days where groups kept coming out and having FUN no matter how many times they wiped.
    Love or hate Kalib, he could rally a force to be reckoned with at the drop of a hat at any time of the day or night.
    Valistar was best known for his Turtling tatics but he is probably the only Leader who gave Genbo and Aeons a run for their money consistantly and even his Raids got wiped more than any of the Raids of today do.

In response to this Gun, I think that Genbu and Aeons were the best creep leaders we've ever had, to have a systematic death trap in the Blender was phenomenal; the reason the Blender was so effective is that they had consistency within the tribe of Soldiers and later Conscripts to trust each other to follow their roles to a T, while having some outside help here and there. Essentially, they were the Spartans of Gladden; as for freep leader, my personal hat goes off to Aristedies, guy that wasnt even native to the server, but provided a tremendous impact in the Freeps' leadership role. He maintained a disciplined, yet fun raid, while providing many strategic options to what he needed to be orchestrated and done. I give an honorable mention to my buddy Melicki, but he only lead here and there, yet when he did, he did a great job.

Glee for me... well, I had known him for a long time. The guy was such a great leader on freep side in the prebk12 days and for a bit into the book 12 days until Valistar officially took over, then he was a great leader for creep side a bit into Moria until he started changing his methodology to a zerging mentality and I perceived him as a coward and an awful leader. Valistar had his moments of good leadership, never great in my mind, but he was mainly just a leader who if the going gets tough, log off, as exemplified many times when he would get overwhelmed in his own keep after the oil wasnt enough to keep out Genbu and Aeons's superior strategy and efficiency. Ooty, while entertaining and having charisma, didnt provide a great freep force in terms of competition and winning, but as I stated, he did give the Freeps hope . Kalib was just a sociopath at the end of the day lol and I like to define as the General Custer of Gladden, though gotta give him credit for bringing out EXODUS time and time again for fights, though it ultimately lead to his demise.

So I get what you're saying Gun, we've had many generals that provided some sort of spark to Gladden PVP, which made them the best, and by your definition, you're right, they did some good things for pvp at the end of the day, and you gotta appreciate that.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 05 2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    In response to this Gun, I think that Genbu and Aeons were the best creep leaders we've ever had, to have a systematic death trap in the Blender was phenomenal; the reason the Blender was so effective is that they had consistency within the tribe of Soldiers and later Conscripts to trust each other to follow their roles to a T, while having some outside help here and there. Essentially, they were the Spartans of Gladden; as for freep leader, my personal hat goes off to Aristides, guy that wasnt even native to the server, but provided a tremendous impact in the Freeps' leadership role. He maintained a disciplined, yet fun raid, while providing many strategic options to what he needed to be orchestrated and done. I give an honorable mention to my buddy Melicki, but he only lead here and there, yet when he did, he did a great job.

Glee for me... well, I had known him for a long time. The guy was such a great leader on freep side in the prebk12 days and for a bit into the book 12 days until Valistar officially took over, then he was a great leader for creep side a bit into Moria until he started changing his methodology to a zerging mentality and I perceived him as a coward and an awful leader. Valistar had his moments of good leadership, never great in my mind, but he was mainly just a leader who if the going gets tough, log off, as exemplified many times when he would get overwhelmed in his own keep after the oil wasnt enough to keep out Genbu and Aeons's superior strategy and efficiency. Ooty, while entertaining and having charisma, didnt provide a great freep force in terms of competition and winning, but as I stated, he did give the Freeps hope . Kalib was just a sociopath at the end of the day lol and I like to define as the General Custer of Gladden, though gotta give him credit for bringing out EXODUS time and time again for fights, though it ultimately lead to his demise.

So I get what you're saying Gun, we've had many generals that provided some sort of spark to Gladden PVP, which made them the best, and by your definition, you're right, they did some good things for pvp at the end of the day, and you gotta appreciate that.
    To quote you, "entertaining and having charisma" is the reason I pick who I do. For me it is a MMO specifically designed for group play and even though I may spend more time solo, I can't base my choices on my solo encounters wholly.

Again, this game is designed for group play and I feel that most people's picks are those who they feel are the best solo players or 1v1r's or maybe even those who are the best of the best at circumventing the basic design and that's all good. It is all subjective.

I really can't disagree or argue with your perspective above with maybe the exception of Aristides. First off as you pointed out he transferred in and has transferred out. While he may have been charismatic within his clique, he never built armies or promoted community of any kind. He simply wasn't here long enough to be considered a best of the best leader. I can't even see him as one of the best of the best at solo or 1v1ing. He's mediocre at best. But then again, you may know about 1v1ing better than I sense that was your specialty and not mine.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

To quote you, "entertaining and having charisma" is the reason I pick who I do. For me it is a MMO specifically designed for group play and even though I may spend more time solo, I can't base my choices on my solo encounters wholly.

Again, this game is designed for group play and I feel that most people's picks are those who they feel are the best solo players or 1v1r's or maybe even those who are the best of the best at circumventing the basic design and that's all good. It is all subjective.

I really can't disagree or argue with your perspective above with maybe the exception of Aristides. First off as you pointed out he transferred in and has transferred out. While he may have been charismatic within his clique, he never built armies or promoted community of any kind. He simply wasn't here long enough to be considered a best of the best leader. I can't even see him as one of the best of the best at solo or 1v1ing. He's mediocre at best. But then again, you may know about 1v1ing better than I sense that was your specialty and not mine.
    And as is the reason I played too, my friend. This game ofc I've accepted has completely shifted to group play and will never have the same aspect of solo play that it used to have, Turbine has completely destroyed that, but they destroy a lot so yeah . Before, there used to be room for group play and solo play, but I digress. Anyway, I respectfully disagree with your statement about Aris not building armies and promoting community. I had noticed a copious amount of times that he would rally freeps mainly and creeps alike, particularly during his first arrival in Moria book 6, that he stormed his way into the Gladden community, notably by his high and prestigious rank at the time, and was able to time and time again create a competent force to contend with the creeps, even with Genbu and Aeons for the little time left they were in Moria before leaving for Aion. Later on, obviously Aris got accepted into Phalanx and would use their kin forces as well as Gladden's general forces to fight against creeps. For me anyway, he had the most consistent and successful leading campaigns that I had been a part of, but ofc, to each their own. As such though, I sense that our perceptions of what defined a great raid leader on Gladden differed . The question is: Ooty and Valistar could rally, but at the end of the day, could they lead effectively and consistently well? That's what I took into account for my grading of the best raid leader, and even though Valistar has changed and Ooty was nuts, I did have fun in their raids at times. That's what great about pvp raid leaders though, they all have their own style and philosophy which makes them unique, and they have provided great moments for Gladden PvP.

I can't even see him as one of the best of the best at solo or 1v1ing. He's mediocre at best.

Wasn't this, per Del, supposed to be about who's "best at their class" not who's "best at leadership in the moors"?

I think we can all agree there were some better burgs and LMs than Ooty and Valistar, as much as I <3 those two.

Delltron-1 is the best cappy of all time! Best cappy of aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllll time!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Delltron-1 is the best cappy of all time! Best cappy of aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllll time!
    I don't know. I had this lvl 14 Captain in my Kinship 3 years ago who could take on 4 lvl 17 mobs at the same time, thats a pretty big deal.

I still say Nubbers. He really knew how to play. And I mean that in the literal sense.

I must say Livormortis is a really good defiler. fantastic person too. nominated!

Nubbers is the epitome of Gladden PvP; the pure innocence that we all started with in the Ettenmoors, and how such engendered such a great atmosphere for us to enjoy; he is defined as the incorruptible, symbolized by his greenie status, the soul that was never taken by the scars of the War in the Ring. To truly know what true pvp fun was, Nubbers exemplified that day in and day out.

But he is the greatest pvper, in my mind and I hope everyone else that witnessed a legend, to have ever played Lotro pvp. I pity those that never got to see him own Thugglife's champ on his rank 5 greenie warleader lol. I wish I had these screenies of it, I think Grimphore might, so I'll ask him. I shudder at what he could have become if he actually wanted to strengthen himself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2