We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Reaver Impale

Reaver Impale

Now before anyone panics, don't worry, this isn't a creep hater post. This is a legitimate concern that many people are frustrated with. Just flat out, the reaver impale is too OP. After going from 86% health to zero with just impale, I think there are some issues. Now I know there are a few elements that factor into that, so to answer those; Yes, the OPs were even, Yes, I have full audacity, capped mits, etc. I've watched it happen to other people too. After a few preliminary hits, it's a virtual oneshot kill. If it were just me, I would think maybe I was just a bad minstrel, but I've had it happen to full audacity champs, hunters, other minstrels in my group. There isn't a single thing anyone can do about it. It's 70 or 80% then just dead. Now I know there's the whole "freeps are OP too" scenario, and yes, I'd be the first to say that minstrel heals are somewhat ridiculous, but honestly...none of us can oneshot a creep with full audacity.

So basically, the question is this: @Turbine, can you please stop wasting time running your stupid hobbits to Isengard and tweak a few of the skills so they're a bit more realistic with the damage output, please? It would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddrildun View Post
    Now before anyone panics, don't worry, this isn't a creep hater post. This is a legitimate concern that many people are frustrated with. Just flat out, the reaver impale is too OP. After going from 86% health to zero with just impale, I think there are some issues. Now I know there are a few elements that factor into that, so to answer those; Yes, the OPs were even, Yes, I have full audacity, capped mits, etc. I've watched it happen to other people too. After a few preliminary hits, it's a virtual oneshot kill. If it were just me, I would think maybe I was just a bad minstrel, but I've had it happen to full audacity champs, hunters, other minstrels in my group. There isn't a single thing anyone can do about it. It's 70 or 80% then just dead. Now I know there's the whole "freeps are OP too" scenario, and yes, I'd be the first to say that minstrel heals are somewhat ridiculous, but honestly...none of us can oneshot a creep with full audacity.

So basically, the question is this: @Turbine, can you please stop wasting time running your stupid hobbits to Isengard and tweak a few of the skills so they're a bit more realistic with the damage output, please? It would be much appreciated.

I will agree, it is an OP skill that should get mitigated from the extra bleed dmg, but currently it is the only effective way to burn through the massive healing of a minstrels.
    And they really should take a serious look at the freep/creep healing before going after the impale.

You still have ways to avoid getting "one shotted"

1. Get more morale.

2. Mini flop is still ONLY 30sec with max legacy, impale cd is 20sec.

3. Full crit impale should do around 10-13k dmg, keep your eyes open for the reaver dots and be ready for the impale (you should NOT have any issues healing through a solo reaver dps as a healing minstrel).

4. GET MORE MORALE, and you will even survive the full crit impales.

5. You might also want to check your crit def for the 1st impale hit, as it will get mitigated if it crits.
    [center][img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r753/Superiorcarrotcake/DERPIDEderp_zpsszemybhp.jpg[/img][/center]

Why even lotro

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    I will agree, it is an OP skill that should get mitigated from the extra bleed dmg, but currently it is the only effective way to burn through the massive healing of a minstrels.
    And they really should take a serious look at the freep/creep healing before going after the impale.

You still have ways to avoid getting "one shotted"

1. Get more morale.

2. Mini flop is still ONLY 30sec with max legacy, impale cd is 20sec.

3. Full crit impale should do around 10-13k dmg, keep your eyes open for the reaver dots and be ready for the impale (you should NOT have any issues healing through a solo reaver dps as a healing minstrel).

4. GET MORE MORALE, and you will even survive the full crit impales.

5. You might also want to check your crit def for the 1st impale hit, as it will get mitigated if it crits.

I think crit def is the only think I haven't checked yet. I use the 2/2/2 setup with my audacity so that I get the 3x crit def set bonuses. As far as morale, I'm at 16.9k without buffs or anything. Add a hope token or cappy buffs or whatever and its at like 18k or so. My flop is on a 30s cd and I use it every time it's off pretty much. As a heal spec minstrel, I can usually heal through full warg packs, any number of BA's, spiders, full raids, etc. But throw one or two reavers in there with impale and it's just over. I'll have to look at virtues and stuff and see if I can pull out some more crit defence, maybe that is what I'm missing.

It is an overpowered skill. Having said that it is probably the only overpowered skill on creep side. Compare that to the number of broken things on freep side and it is not even a contest. Minstrel healing, yellow captains, guardians in most form, aim+cdg for a burg, CnR for a RK, wardens in any trait, blinding upshot for hunters, blue line champs, water lore + insult to injury in blue line for a LM are all very broken.

Reaver is pretty much the only creep side class that has an upper hand over some of the freep classes along with warg against a hunter (that will change with U13 when hunter tracking gets fixed).

In the few days that I have been in moors recently the only classes I see on freep side are minstrels, guards and captains. Both times it was a grams camp with multiple minstrels healing any freep that got low on morale. If it weren't for impale, I doubt creep side would be anything more than free renown.

As a heal spec minstrel, I can usually heal through full warg packs, any number of BA's, spiders, full raids, etc.
    That is what I call broken. No healing class on either side should be able to survive the focus fire of 3 dps classes. Compare that to a WL or a defiler - every freep side dps class can kill a creep healer solo while it takes a minimum of 3 creep dps classes (or a reaver that gets a lucky impale) to kill a minstrel. The same thing applies to captains and guards which is why you see so many minstrels, guards and captains in moors these days.
    Last edited by AceDwarf; Apr 07 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Used to be known as Zedred - Runekeeper - Windfola

Just move onto to something else untill Turbine sorts itself out.

ESO is quality, hell im even enjoying Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy Colour more then the moors.
    Nyxbane (Catrat)- R11 BA- Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by AceDwarf View Post
    It is an overpowered skill. Having said that it is probably the only overpowered skill on creep side. Compare that to the number of broken things on freep side and it is not even a contest. Minstrel healing, yellow captains, guardians in most form, aim+cdg for a burg, CnR for a RK, wardens in any trait, blinding upshot for hunters, blue line champs, water lore + insult to injury in blue line for a LM are all very broken.

Reaver is pretty much the only creep side class that has an upper hand over some of the freep classes along with warg against a hunter (that will change with U13 when hunter tracking gets fixed).

In the few days that I have been in moors recently the only classes I see on freep side are minstrels, guards and captains. Both times it was a grams camp with multiple minstrels healing any freep that got low on morale. If it weren't for impale, I doubt creep side would be anything more than free renown.

That is what I call broken. No healing class on either side should be able to survive the focus fire of 3 dps classes. Compare that to a WL or a defiler - every freep side dps class can kill a creep healer solo while it takes a minimum of 3 creep dps classes (or a reaver that gets a lucky impale) to kill a minstrel. The same thing applies to captains and guards which is why you see so many minstrels, guards and captains in moors these days.
    Well said, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDwarf View Post

I've played a minstrel since before they were ridiculously OP, so it's not a new or FOTM class to me, but I would definitely agree with you there. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to even out the healing with the dps ratio. As far as the reavers go, I think a simple solution would be to make impale a finishing move. In other words, under a % they can use it as a finisher. Not sure how that would roll with creeps' opinion, but it just seems logical. After watching a full audacity champ get oneshot (89% when the impale hit), I think the only logical conclusions would be to either 1). Make it so impale can not take off more than a certain %, or 2) make it only usable under a certain %. At any rate, I don't have any problems with creep health, damage, (I think spiders could probably use a damage boost, they seem underpowered right now) or heals, save for impale. It's pretty rough to get almost oneshot by some r7 store bought reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggla View Post

ESO is quality, hell im even enjoying Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy Colour more then the moors.
    I doth miss thee, sir. When shalt you grace us with your presence once again? Might have to just get ESO and come check it out.

I doth miss thee, sir. When shalt you grace us with your presence once again? Might have to just get ESO and come check it out.
    Should. Pretty amazing pvp. I have 0 QQ about it. And from me that means it must be good. -crum

Quote Originally Posted by wraggla View Post

Pokemon is the chiz man!!

Quote Originally Posted by zjzach21 View Post
    Pokemon is the chiz man!!
    It's a Tirkaderp!! Where have you been hiding yourself? Did you go to ESO too?

It's a Tirkaderp!! Where have you been hiding yourself? Did you go to ESO too?
    No not yet it will be a while before I get it prolly. I just haven't been on is all

Quote Originally Posted by zjzach21 View Post
    No not yet it will be a while before I get it prolly. I just haven't been on is all
    Your bloodhound misses you Tirk!!...

Maybe when I get r13 I might consider transferring back here. It may be a while but it is a thought.

The wargs left here are just simply put, terrible so they may need guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldorlord777 View Post
    Maybe when I get r13 I might consider transferring back here. It may be a while but it is a thought.
    Nooooooooooooo!!! You mustn't!!!!!!!!! I just started playing a bit more regularly on Vilya. QQ. Absolutely love playing there, I've run into quite alot of nice folks. Also, did you rename your warg to something else?

Impale sucks. It will be nerfed as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by clockin View Post
    Impale sucks. It will be nerfed as it should be.
    I bet you're a full time freep huh.