We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need clarification on crafting stack changes in 12.2

Can some one clarify what stack changes are relevent to the changes made with todays update please.
    :)

Kehlyr (from Turbine) weighed in on this yesterday and cleared it up for several of us who were also confused. His explanation can be found halfway down page 2 of this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Limits-Removed

(My apologies for not knowing the best way to quote the answer directly in a different thread. )

Basically, it's not crafting items so much as it is barter items--festival tokens, hunting and fishing trophy barter items, rusted dwarf tools, silver branches, etc. If you bought the premium wallet upgrade, these items already stack in your wallet. If not, they now will take up less space in your storage spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Kehlyr (from Turbine) weighed in on this yesterday and cleared it up for several of us who were also confused. His explanation can be found halfway down page 2 of this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Limits-Removed

(My apologies for not knowing the best way to quote the answer directly in a different thread. )

Basically, it's not crafting items so much as it is barter items--festival tokens, hunting and fishing trophy barter items, rusted dwarf tools, silver branches, etc. If you bought the premium wallet upgrade, these items already stack in your wallet. If not, they now will take up less space in your storage spaces.
    TYVM!

I plan to give in and buy the premium wallet the week before it goes on sale.

P.s. I think it is https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...90#post7085690

Quote Originally Posted by forumhagum View Post
    TYVM!

I plan to give in and buy the premium wallet the week before it goes on sale.

P.s. I think it is https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...90#post7085690
    You're welcome...and thank you for linking directly to Kehleyr's post.

So how many turbine points are they refunding for people who have the premium wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by dt192 View Post
    So how many turbine points are they refunding for people who have the premium wallet?
    None. Why would they?

The main benefit to getting a Premium wallet is to remove all the barter items that take up valuable inventory/vault space.
    That this change reduces the total space taken up by the items for those that don't have the Premium wallet does not alter the fact that the items still take up valuable space.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    None. Why would they?

The main benefit to getting a Premium wallet is to remove all the barter items that take up valuable inventory/vault space.
    That this change reduces the total space taken up by the items for those that don't have the Premium wallet does not alter the fact that the items still take up valuable space.
    You just answered your own question, because they have removed value from having the premium wallet, therefore they should partially refund of course.

It's like if you bought an unlock all creeps item for 2500TPs which unlocked the 5 other creep classes and then Turbine decided to make 3 classes free as standard, you have then paid 2500TPS for only 3 classes, the fact that you still have access to all the classes doesnt mitigate the fact you have now paid 833TPs per creep instead of 500TPs per creep, so obviously they should refund 1000TPs to correct this.
    Last edited by dt192; Mar 04 2014 at 01:30 PM.

You just answered your own question, because they have removed value from having the premium wallet, therefore they should partially refund of course.
    Why? It is standard that companies sell a product for 500 dollars. You buy it. A month later it goes down to 450 dollars. You do not get a refund because you got one extra month of benefit.

If you buy on day 29 at 500 dollars and price goes to 450 dollars on day 30 some companies will give you 50 dollars back if you are willing to jump thru the refund hoops correctly. Other companies like gas stations, the price you pay is whatever it is when you buy your gas - it does not matter what it was five minutes before you arrived or five minutes after you left.

Same issue occurs with changes to the product going forward which is common with software and digital products. My son has an Apple computer with a fancy Razer mouse. Apple pushed out an update to his OS. His Razer no longer works. He had to buy another mouse. Apple claims that the problem is with the Razer drivers. Razer does not seem to be very interested in resolving the issue because they do not sell that particular any more.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

It's like if you bought an unlock all creeps item for 2500TPs which unlocked the 5 other creep classes and then Turbine decided to make 3 classes free as standard, you have then paid 2500TPS for only 3 classes, the fact that you still have access to all the classes doesnt mitigate the fact you have now paid 833TPs per creep instead of 500TPs per creep, so obviously they should refund 1000TPs to correct this.
    Resolving a stacking issue in the vault doesn't remove those items completely from the vault. If you don't have the premium wallet, they're still taking up slots--just not as many. Once you've been around for a few festivals, collected a few trophy barter items, and accumulated all sorts of faction barter tokens you still end up with a lot of storage slots occupied by barter items. So it hasn't reduced the value of the premium wallet at all.

Case in point: I have 120 slots in my vault for my level 79 character. I just counted--thanks to the premium wallet I have 28 slots filled with crafting resources, buffs, dyes, cosmetics, shards, ingredient packs and upper level LIs that otherwise would be taken up by barter items. That's nearly 1/4 of my vault space that was freed up by the wallet. My level 52 character has 17 items in her wallet that would otherwise be in her vault. So for the cost of a premium wallet I've gained the equivalent of over 3 store vault purchases, which all would be per character purchases.

Value-wise, it can't be beat. One wallet purchase covers all characters on your account, and it has no limit to the number of different items it will hold (compared to 15 slots/purchase of vault storage). Also, some items are account-wide once they're in the wallet, like LI shards, Eglain Tokens, Medallions of Lothlorien, and Universal Ingredient Packs. Without the premium wallet those items can only be transferred between characters on a given server if you've got shared storage.

tl;dr: The removal of stacking limits for barter items does NOT negate the value of the premium wallet, and there's no logical reason for Turbine to give a refund to people who purchased the wallet before the stack limits were removed for those items.
    Last edited by SouthernBelle0927; Mar 04 2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: clarity