We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captains' AoE heals and Big Battles

I'm assuming that this has been addressed already, but I can't find anything that answers the question...

None of my captain's AoE heals seem to work in Big Battles (on soldiers / commanders), though person-specific heals work fine (e.g. "Words of Courage" works, "Rallying Cry" doesn't).
    Is this by design, or is it a flaw?

If a flaw, any ETA on fixing it? I feel like my character is... significantly less useful than I'd like.

BBs would be way too easy if AoE heals worked on the soldiers + commanders and since keeping them alive is a primary goal in the BBs it would give you a massive advantage compared to non-healing classes. If you wish to heal a lot of soldiers I suggest you have a look at the Healing traits in the Officer Promotion Tree.

...that doesn't actually answer the question, unless that's your way of saying "by design".

And if it's by design, then why is it that loremasters can heal using AoE heals, and Captains can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Awenir24 View Post
    ...that doesn't actually answer the question, unless that's your way of saying "by design".
    Only RockX or other Devs can really answer the question and AFAIK they have not answered it yet so it's the best you'll be get for now.

And if it's by design, then why is it that loremasters can heal using AoE heals, and Captains can't?
    Possibly a bug? I don't play Lore-master so I don't know what they're supposed to be able to do.

Minstrels can't either. And minstrel ST healing is either buggy, doesn't work for minis, or only works on NPC with less than 25%, according to 3 different well respected minstrels... I can't work out which.

And 95 players in BBs don't need heals so I wouldn't worry about trying to heal anything in your class role. Except maybe banners. You (I) can't heal the statue either but appaerently LMs can?

BBs are mostly class irrelevant anyway. You are meant to heal using officers. Kill as an engineer using ballistas etc. Or try to kill as vanguard which doesn't seem to work for most people because most of us don't understand how to get the kill streak to work. if it does. Also, you seem to have to be in melee for this role-not so good for auto-levelled squishies, in particular.

so all you can do is bug it until someone deigns to explain how BB and class healing is meant to work.

Seems like it is by design and LM's will not be able to do this in future patches. Hence why there is a 30s CD now for the healing pet to use the aoe healing skill as it was the quickest fix they could implement in 12.1 (it was not on the notes for updates yet there is now a 30s hold period before you can use the 10% morale heal; so all signs point to them fixing it in the near future to not do so). Granted that since they gave us the pet at level 70 it has always healed outside the group you were in, but only got noticed once LM's were spam healing using a broken mechanic. As far as I know, no other class has aoe heals that extend outside your fellowship / raid like the LM pet does (i.e. you are in the craft hall with like 80 people you hit RC and it heals all 80; my pet has always been able to do this). Our other aoe heal in the yellow line does only stay in fellowship.

For NPC healing ST there is a weird thing where it does not update the morale. So when you do heal it, click off the target and click back on the target and you will see the morale has gone up. This is for NPC's, the statue, etc. The only thing it looks like nobody can heal are basically NPC's you have to save that have a red morale bar. If the have a green morale bar, you can heal them ST, but Red you cannot. At least this is my perspective on it and I've tested it with both my mini, rk, cappie, and lm.
    Landroval
    Irony & Spite
    [Kelzie | 85 | R10 | Loremaster | Mistress Over Fear] [Megyn | 65 | R9 | Minstrel | Seeker of the Truth *Retired*]

I think it is working as intended... but id sure take it my Rally Cries healed everything in range!

capns have a serious advantage in BBs.

we can AoE taunt and pull mobs off of things being beaten-on (like healing or siege supply boxes) and we can heal those items as well.

I don't think any other class can pull this off... giving us a distinct advantage for getting platinum medals solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    BBs would be way too easy if AoE heals worked on the soldiers + commanders and since keeping them alive is a primary goal in the BBs it would give you a massive advantage compared to non-healing classes. If you wish to heal a lot of soldiers I suggest you have a look at the Healing traits in the Officer Promotion Tree.
    I agree, but at the same time my RK can bubble myself and two groups of soldiers on the wall and that bubble is up A LOT (because I have the legacy for the cooldown). It isn't healing but it is still a huge advantage over my cappy. Especially because I also have all the stuns of my lightning rock and can heal 1/4 of a banner at a time with Epic for the Ages. My RK is sweet in BB.

My cappy can only use Words of Courage to heal and it takes something like 20 applications to heal a banner, if I just stand there an heal one. I don't, it is more effective to drop heals on multiple targets and come back to it after most of the HOTs are done, or use my engineering heal at the same time. I've also tried using tank taunts and get frustrated. They last for such a short period of time and we only have 2 (Noble Mark seems to do nothing). It does help, it just seems like I get hold of them just to have them run off so I find it frustrating (because we don't seem to be able to build aggro on them, they only stay as long as the forced taunt lasts).

Compared to other classes....the only other I have taken in a BB is my hunter. She kills things faster than the other two (my RK would compete if I went red, I just prefer lighting and stuns). She can do cc, which my RK can also do but my cappy really doesn't (other than the short tank stun). I honestly think if you really looked at each class they often have other skills that compensate. I would like to option to play my class a little if I want to.

My biggest frustration is actually that solo BB are not solo. They are duo. Most side quests spawn too many mobs to be solo or require you to be in two places at once. Even on my level 6 engineer or officer cappy, it is hard to do well in a solo BB because I always seem to get a side quest I can't do well solo, or I set up for a different one and didn't have time to set up for every possibility...and get the one I didn't set up for. Feels like a waste of time to do them solo.

Claira
    Cappy Clairawen, 100 on Landroval
    Alts:
    Amberlorli 100 RK~Seawen 100 Mini~Axin 100 Champ~Poppywood 100 Hunter~Hannalorli 100 Guard~Flairin 100 Burg~Dovewen 60 LM~Emmeera 40 Warden~ Arctika 15 Beo

Words of Courage Pulses really helps in BBs.

Wanted to add, that I am a healing cappy if I get the choice, so all my legacies point to healing.

Also I can't decide if it is better to trait healing for a bigger words of courage, tank so I can yell mobs off the NPC for short periods of time or damage so that my archer does more damage and I can put my damage banner down when up. All seem to work, none seem that much better than the other...to me. Generally I end up tank so that if I get a side quest with tolls I can keep them from smashing things to bits.

Claira
    Cappy Clairawen, 100 on Landroval
    Alts:
    Amberlorli 100 RK~Seawen 100 Mini~Axin 100 Champ~Poppywood 100 Hunter~Hannalorli 100 Guard~Flairin 100 Burg~Dovewen 60 LM~Emmeera 40 Warden~ Arctika 15 Beo