We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

/bow to Master Tolkien

/bow to Master Tolkien, the eternal Master.

"On the 3rd January 1892 JRR Tolkien was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. To celebrate this event, on this day each year Tolkien fans around the world were invited to raise a glass and toast the birthday of this much loved author 21:00 (9 pm) your local time.

The toast is "The Professor".

For those unfamiliar with British toast-drinking ceremonies:

To make the Birthday Toast, you stand, raise a glass of your choice of drink (not necessarily alcoholic), and say the words 'The Professor' before taking a sip (or swig, if that's more appropriate for your drink). Sit and enjoy the rest of your drink."

http://www.tolkiensociety.org/toast/2014/index.php

Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    [url]fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000c00ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This I have done, and I made sure that the cheer was made, and in a 'pub', at the prescribed time.

There has been since, however, personal events (and I mean, me) that some might consider 'extenuating circumstances' (that followed): anyone who might be inspired to challenge me on anything is invited to do so; understand, however, that my current lack-of-presence is only circumstantial, and temporary, and that I will resume 'being me', as soon as a-head-clouded-by-too-much-alcohol permits ...

@Rucagorn: if only for doing this, thank you; thank you very much!

HoG

I traveled over to where he is over just North of Oatbarton on the 3rd. I gave him a /toast, smoked a pipe with him(I've had that same quest reward pipe he gave me for years), said "Happy Birthday Professor" in /say, and gave him a /bow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I traveled over to where he is over just North of Oatbarton on the 3rd. I gave him a /toast, smoked a pipe with him(I've had that same quest reward pipe he gave me for years), said "Happy Birthday Professor" in /say, and gave him a /bow.
    A vnice idea friend Always with the pipe myself at bags! *Smoke*
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    [url]fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000c00ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]