We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LM 12.1 Thoughts

So these are the LM specific release notes.
    Lore-master
    - Traits -

• Set Bonus "Buying Time" should now function properly.
    • The Ancient Master Trait "Disable" will now affect the stun from skill "Ents go to War"
    • Ancient Craft at max rank now properly specifies that only the first Lightning skill used against an afflicted enemy will result in bonus damage.
    • Ancient Craft now properly increases damage from trait "Sword and Storm"
    • Trait "Slow Burn" should now affect "Searing Embers" effects.

- Skills -

• Cross-fire and Improved Cross-fire should share the same duration as normal Burning Embers DoT effects.
    • "Nature's Fury" induction time reduced from 3s-->2s.
    • The induction for Burning Embers is being reduced from 1.5s--> 1.2s
    • The induction for Water Lore is being reduced from 2s --> 1s.
    • The induction for Back from the Brink is being reduced from 8s --> 5s.
    • The induction for Test of Will is being reduced from 2s --> 1.5s.

- Stats -

• There was a bug which would cause the Lore-master to gain a significant amount of Will every several levels. This extra Will has been contributing to awkward jumps in difficulty and player strength. This extraneous Will has been removed, and combat should be more consistent.

- Deeds -

• Both Beacon of Hope and Light of Hope should now advance the deed "Light of Hope"
    There is at least one undocumented change.

- Ring of Fire now has a ring of fire animation around your target while the skill is active. This ring of fire animation is easily distinguished from Sticky Gourd and Lightning Storm Hot Spots and also generates a white border area of affect outline so you know when your target is affected.

Questions for Egg

• Ancient Craft at max rank now properly specifies that only the first Lightning skill used against an afflicted enemy will result in bonus damage.

Does this 'first lighting skill used' apply to all players or only you? Aka is it our first lightning skill used? Or can another LM or RK eatup this debuff by using their own skills?

• Set Bonus "Buying Time" should now function properly.

Does this meand the Hasten Ent's go to War is fixed?
    Why do we even still have these Hasten Skills most of us do not like them?

• The Ancient Master Trait "Disable" will now affect the stun from skill "Ents go to War"

Ok so its a Stun skill that wasn't being affected by the Stun Trait... But still in order to have these two interact you would have to be Speced MoNF and trait a minimum of 42 points into AM and I'm sorry but I can't ever think of someone who would do that with how bad the AM line even is.
    Why hasn't Disable been made to affect our DAZE skills? This is what we have asked for this trait to affect from the moment we first saw it!

What about all our thoughts and dislikes on the Ancient Master line and capstone skill? Nothing significant has been done here. We have all posted a LOT of ideas on how to make the AM line better than its current weaker than RoR state.

AM is still waiting for some CC love.

On top of all things I've already posted about this particular line, given Cappy/Mini/RK changes and lack there-of, in the current game the LM yellow line would be the perfect place to add a new in combat rez skill as a deep-ish trait set bonus with a typical ~10-15M CD.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    I am happy about the fact that the inductions have been decreased in MoNF and the fact that Ring of Fire has an animation.

That's about it.
    [center][i]Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.[/i][/center]
    [center][color=green][i]Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.[/i][/color][/center]

Has there been any fix for Hasten Ents go to war and Hasten sticky Gourd which are 2 of the red line bonuses which don't work at the moment to the best of my knowledge. never see them go active for me in red line.

Quote Originally Posted by hzwb View Post
    Has there been any fix for Hasten Ents go to war and Hasten sticky Gourd which are 2 of the red line bonuses which don't work at the moment to the best of my knowledge. never see them go active for me in red line.
    Set Bonus "Buying Time" should now function properly.

That is Hasten Sticky Gourd. I'm not sure about Ents.

It seems Sword and Staff Legendary is gone now too, I hope they recreate it as a passive since I really liked the melee damage boost and the extra morale/parry.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

In red Line wind gust still makes no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    It seems Sword and Staff Legendary is gone now too, I hope they recreate it as a passive since I really liked the melee damage boost and the extra morale/parry.
    Isn't the replacement to Sword and staff Called Fend them off in red line (at least that is my take on it).

Quote Originally Posted by hzwb View Post
    Isn't the replacement to Sword and staff Called Fend them off in red line (at least that is my take on it).
    A 12% avoidance/12% fire damage buff you can keep up 1/6th of the time (and it's mostly up when you least need it, since it also stuns the target) isn't a replacement of a passive 12% avoidance, 800 morale and 15% melee damage buff. Although making it an active buff is something I like, it's not a replacement unless you can keep it up 100% of the time.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

It seems that induction times have not been reduced in the current build on bullroarer.

Quote Originally Posted by gndrmn View Post
    It seems that induction times have not been reduced in the current build on bullroarer.
    Correct. This is something that made the notes but missed the build. There are some other things in the notes that didn't make it in as well. So be sure to /bug any you find.

Checked on live, the only skills with less induction time on BR are Nature Fury and Lightning Strike, which is not mentioned in the release notes. Both from 3 to 2 sec.

Err is it even possible to get "Ents go to war" and "Disable" at the same time?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000000be9a9/signature.png]Githlith[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by GithlithMonaghan View Post
    Err is it even possible to get "Ents go to war" and "Disable" at the same time?
    If you Main Spec Red and then spend your points in Yellow you can get Ents and Disable. It is just a foolhardy move to make.

Quote Originally Posted by gndrmn View Post

I'm not at all convinced that reducing just Inductions is close to a solution of the problem of MoNF LMs being extremely lacklustre to play.

An Induction means you trigger an ability quicker - that's only half the problem, the other half is just how long the Cool Downs are. As it stands on live I don't even bother with MoNF, standing there for 1/3rd of the time relying on auto-attack, if I'm in Melee, or doing nothing at all if at range.

And KoA is doing comparable damage to MoNF anyway.

As things stand MoNF is not even a pale imitation of its former self, its just broken beyond use.

All The BEst

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    If you Main Spec Red and then spend your points in Yellow you can get Ents and Disable. It is just a foolhardy move to make.
    Yeah that's right. Plain stupid. Well that's more likely for the record then, not that anybody would actually use it.

However I'm missing a fix for the buggy legacy on lm-books to improve anti-stun.

Also somebody told me that it seems that the legacy to lower the mob's resistance on debuffs on our books does the opposite of what it should: Debuffs are being resisted a lot more often when you got that legacy.

The more I'm thinking that if they reduce our inductions they should also reduce our dps a wee bit, shouldn't they? not that I'm complaining of course
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000000be9a9/signature.png]Githlith[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by GithlithMonaghan View Post
    Yeah that's right. Plain stupid. Well that's more likely for the record then, not that anybody would actually use it.

However I'm missing a fix for the buggy legacy on lm-books to improve anti-stun.

Also somebody told me that it seems that the legacy to lower the mob's resistance on debuffs on our books does the opposite of what it should: Debuffs are being resisted a lot more often when you got that legacy.

The more I'm thinking that if they reduce our inductions they should also reduce our dps a wee bit, shouldn't they? not that I'm complaining of course
    I've wondered whether both the Signs of Power Duration buff legacy and the -#### Resistance Rating Legacies were working properly. Hope to see these fixed as well.