We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    Is it worth targeting wargs right now? I feel like 94% of the time wargs get away anyway. I dont blame players for the most part, I blame turbine for giving wargs such UNREASONABLE skill cd reduction and encouraging coward play style.
    This guy.

THIS GUY.

I ###%$^&ing love this guy.

*No regards to his post or any of his opinions, I just like the dude*

More freep QQ, it's beautiful.

Freeps are about to be godmode that will destroy everything in their path, and you're complaining about warg cooldowns?

You never change.
    Moria-Nerf fire dot!
    Mirk-Nerf CJ's!
    RoI-Nerf blight and revenge!
    RoR-Nerf e-oh wait, freeps can destroy creeps if they play well already, nothing needs nerfing!

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    More freep QQ, it's beautiful.

Freeps are about to be godmode that will destroy everything in their path, and you're complaining about warg cooldowns?

You never change.
    Moria-Nerf fire dot!
    Mirk-Nerf CJ's!
    RoI-Nerf blight and revenge!
    RoR-Nerf e-oh wait, freeps can destroy creeps if they play well already, nothing needs nerfing!
    Don't you know reavers and Weavers are completely OP in RoR? Impale is totally bugged and no class can stand up to the burst damage it does, and Weavers are a walking "I win" button against physical classes...

On a serious note (lots of sarcasm in the above, in case it wasn't obvious) further Warg escape skill reductions is completely the wrong direction to take. They die easily enough now, and these changes won't really change that too much for the classes that are already the most successful against them. What they needed was mild dps AND survivability changes (both flayer and shadow need both, but flayer needs more emphasis on survivability, while shadow needs more emphasis on DPS).

I must say we're getting close to my old call for sprint to have a different cooldown if used out of combat compared to in combat. 90 second sprint CD means I may finally be done suffering the horrendous fate of watching a freep 5m away ride off while I'm waiting on Sprint to come off cooldown.

Maybe they could have, I don't know, just given us more durability instead of shorter CDs on our escape skills? I use my escape skills offensively. This will do nothing but give me, what, 10 extra seconds of life before I get blown up? This really doesn't do anything but encourage moar ezmoding and hurt those that aren't.

Turbine needs to stop putting band-aids on problems and just straight up fix them already. Apparently that's too much to ask for.

I personally don't think escape skills of any kind should be allowed in PvMP. I'd love to see them removed (HIPS, Sprint, DF, etc).

I love how people bag on warg escape skills.

Guess what?

When you spam heal yourself as you run into the one shotters then you've just used healing as an escape skill.
    When you throw down tar so you can make it into the DoF you've just used tar as an escape skill.
    When you put shield wall on someone so they can make it to safety you've just used shield wall as an escape skill.
    When you pull out your credit card for the pay to win safe fall, healing pots, or run speed buffs your buying Pay-To-Win escape skills.

I have to laugh at the heal bots that get upset because a warg didn't stick around to get 3 shotted by a godmode Lore Master.

You let my warg hit for 7K, or spam 3K ranged attacks and I won't need an escape skill because I'll be using the most effective escape tactic in the game: Killing You.

Typical Freep: OMG, my face-rolling didn't work because the doggie disappeared! I only hit 2 of the 3 buttons I needed to kill him.... it isn't fair! BWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just put renown packs/infamy packs in the store for $10 for 100K already.
    It obvious nobody here cares to actually have to earn their rank anymore.

Don't worry about me, I already uninstalled.
    After doing the math showing that a single Warden bleed far out damages 5 warg bleeds I decided I was tired of playing fodder for facerolling cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddlepaws View Post
    cowards.
    You mean those... Doggies... That group with 2-6 and hips/sprint when you get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You mean those... Doggies... That group with 2-6 and hips/sprint when you get one?
    He means the hypocritical freeps that do the same things they complain about.

It both disgusts and amuses me to see freeps complaining, in light of that one particular passive that Loremasters are probably going to get in HD...

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    No, I'd mean those Freeps who use tons of escape skills every night but, due to Freep Goggles, label only Sprint/HiPs as escape skills.

BTW, I'll give you my HIPS for an AEO that does 20K of damage to a raid (See Loremaster) and I'd trade Sprint for a ranged multiple hit 3K nuke (See Hunter).
    If that is too much how about allowing a group of six wargs put down bleeds that do as much damage as a single warden's bleeds?

^ Let me know when you're up for any one of those deals.
    As soon as I get those skills I won't need to run.

People who bring out godmode classes - and then get all huffy when the other side has to run away - are simply pathetic.

FOR THE RECORD: Use any escape skill you are able to use and play your character to its fullest. I don't look down on Guardians that sprint away and I don't think Burglars that HIPS are garbage. If I get a kill on you I want it to be after you did everything you could to survive. That might just be me though - I've a tendency to view the other side as a challenge and something other than a vending machine that owes me infamy/renown.

I drive a Warg. I'd rather have had a bit more survivability so I could stay and fight for a minute or two before escaping. Hard to get renown when you have to keep ducking out of the fight.

When I first started the warg, I had thought I'd been given the sprint skill to catch freeps not to run away from them. :P
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Don't you know reavers and Weavers are completely OP in RoR? Impale is totally bugged and no class can stand up to the burst damage it does, and Weavers are a walking "I win" button against physical classes...

On a serious note (lots of sarcasm in the above, in case it wasn't obvious) further Warg escape skill reductions is completely the wrong direction to take. They die easily enough now, and these changes won't really change that too much for the classes that are already the most successful against them. What they needed was mild dps AND survivability changes (both flayer and shadow need both, but flayer needs more emphasis on survivability, while shadow needs more emphasis on DPS).

I must say we're getting close to my old call for sprint to have a different cooldown if used out of combat compared to in combat. 90 second sprint CD means I may finally be done suffering the horrendous fate of watching a freep 5m away ride off while I'm waiting on Sprint to come off cooldown.
    Yeah, seeing THIS thread given the state of things in the last beta build is just... lol.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

This is part of the band aid creeps get to deal with freep DPS. Pretty certain every creep class is having some CD's reduced. Sure go ahead and target the wargs, youll be 2-3 shotting them if you focus fire anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Weavers are a walking "I win" button against physical classes....
    incl wardens ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by julio_0504 View Post
    incl wardens ? lol
    if you're going to pull this thread back to the top, you could at least read the next sentence after the one you quoted before hitting the reply button. It felt like overkill even pointing out that I was being sarcastic, but it seems the woe is me defeatist crowd can't even spot sarcasm when you flat out say it is.

Most of the wargs are like mosquitoes: Annoying but harmless, and if you catch one you like to defile it´s cadaver
    I don´t see the necessity of shorter cds, maybe it´s a kind of consolation for the upcoming times ^^

I love how people bag on warg escape skills.

Guess what?

When you spam heal yourself as you run into the one shotters then you've just used healing as an escape skill.
    When you throw down tar so you can make it into the DoF you've just used tar as an escape skill.
    When you put shield wall on someone so they can make it to safety you've just used shield wall as an escape skill.
    When you pull out your credit card for the pay to win safe fall, healing pots, or run speed buffs your buying Pay-To-Win escape skills.

I have to laugh at the heal bots that get upset because a warg didn't stick around to get 3 shotted by a godmode Lore Master.

You let my warg hit for 7K, or spam 3K ranged attacks and I won't need an escape skill because I'll be using the most effective escape tactic in the game: Killing You.

Typical Freep: OMG, my face-rolling didn't work because the doggie disappeared! I only hit 2 of the 3 buttons I needed to kill him.... it isn't fair! BWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just put renown packs/infamy packs in the store for $10 for 100K already.
    It obvious nobody here cares to actually have to earn their rank anymore.

Don't worry about me, I already uninstalled.
    After doing the math showing that a single Warden bleed far out damages 5 warg bleeds I decided I was tired of playing fodder for facerolling cowards.
    This ^

&

Didn't burgs also get another HIPS on defeat response (30 second CD?)?

:/
    "the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best" - Henry VanDyke

I would gladly give up these cooldown reductions(and the ones from last year) if it meant that my Warg could last longer than two seconds under freep focus fire.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by ksjock View Post
    This ^

&

Didn't burgs also get another HIPS on defeat response (30 second CD?)?

:/
    no and no

And the skill your kinda but not really referring to (guessing you got on the end of second hand QQ) wont be worth traiting for imo, gamblers will be out

And hips isnt the problem, sprint is. Can do more with 1 sprint than 4 consecutive hipses
    Last edited by trollhardorgohome; Nov 19 2013 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trollhardorgohome View Post
    And hips isnt the problem, sprint is. Can do more with 1 sprint than 4 consecutive hipses
    I'd like to have you expand upon this claim.
    It has been my experience that if you get focus fire that you'll be dead before you can sprint out of range.

The time it takes me to sprint 50 meters is all the time it takes for another 10K to come down on my head.
    As a warg that runs quite a great deal I can say sprint is only effective (in raids) if you run the moment you begin to take damage.

I'd like to have you expand upon this claim.
    It has been my experience that if you get focus fire that you'll be dead before you can sprint out of range.

The time it takes me to sprint 50 meters is all the time it takes for another 10K to come down on my head.
    As a warg that runs quite a great deal I can say sprint is only effective (in raids) if you run the moment you begin to take damage.
    Assuming the warg knows when to sprint and when not to run into a group of players on their own, stealth classes get to choose when they do this. Its not better EVERYTIME, but getting away at 200% runspeed ive found to be much more effective in the long run that 10s of stealth. But if a player has a habbit of running into groups on their own for some reason and getting low then deciding to sprint at the last minute, you've made the decision to die before you hit the button and not because sprint is ineffective
    Last edited by trollhardorgohome; Nov 19 2013 at 10:04 AM.

1 in 10 wargs actually use sprint and HIPS effectively. Those that do, half of them are deadly and the other half are star huggers like my warg. Half way to rank 11 I've died a total of 30 legitimately. For the small population of wargs that use hips and sprint as a weapon they aren't worth crying about and you know what, good for them.

Just a thought..I have not seen a single escape skill. They are all offense and defense skills that are used by people who don't want to die as escape skills. Hips for both burg and warg = extra dmg from stealth / knockdown etc, heals..well of course that is just defense, sprint is there to help catch freeps on horseback. Just because people use a skill to run away and hide in one shots on both sides does not mean it is the only way to use it. Personally I hate stealth classes in pvp in any game..they are always OP in one way or another...mostly in that they can stealth lol. The only actual escape skills I know of..and they don't really allow escape are the in combat spider burrow, and the flops that hobbits/mini's have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2