We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Upgrades and Expansions

I am a brand new player just started this week, interested in some of the expansion and upgrade bundles

Any tips or guide on this issue?

Say if I preorder the Helms Deep expansion, do i miss out on the previous 4 expansion areas?

HD is for lvl 85-95, but will include the big battles that will be open for everyone lvl 10+ (you'll be scaled up to 95 while in the battle).

No, you won't miss out on the expansions (Moria 50-60, Mirkwood 60-65, Isengard 65-75, Rohan 75-85), but you will most likely won't be able to get the quad pack at a discount if you don't get it with a HD pre-order.

Also, keep in mind, even if you get the quad pack and HD, that's content from 50-95. Free content will only get you to 30. So, you're going to have a gap from lvl 30-50.
    Evendim can get you from lvl 30-40. Unfortunately, there's no one quest zone to get from lvl 40-50.

so what would be the best way to upgrade?

go VIP status and pay the monthly sub?

get all the expansion packs?

Getting VIP will rent you all non-expansion content. That's all the zones in Shadows of Angmar lvl 7-50, as well as Lothlorien lvl 60, Enedwaith lvl 60-65, Great River 70-75 and Wildermore (currently lvl 85, though I suspect it'll become 80-85).

As for the best way... I can't really say. Probably, get the quad pack and HD, either version of HD pre-order comes with Turbine Points. So, with them and possible a few more TP earned through deeding, you can get Evendim and another quest pack.

This is a super deal! only $39.99

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...adpack-bundle/

Quad Pack Features:

Moria
    Delve into the dangerous depths of Moria, and try to reclaim its dark halls from the evil burrowed within.

• Over 350 quests designed to support player levels 50 - 60.
    • Seven full fellowship instances (Dark Delvings, Fil Gashan, Skumfil, The Sixteenth Hall, The Forges of Khazad-dum, The Grand Stair, and The Forgotten Treasury).
    • Two 12-person raids (Filikul and The Vile Maw).
    • Heal or deal damage with a Rune-keeper or use powerful attack combos and self-healing as a Warden!
    • Raise the rank cap on your skirmish soldier and skirmish traits to 15, allowing you to further train your soldier and increase its effectiveness in skirmishes!
    • Live the legend of two more heroes of Middle-earth with 2 additional character slots!

Mirkwood
    Join the elves of Lothlórien in war against Sauron among the ancient ruins, spider-haunted canyons, and foul bogs of Mirkwood.

• 150 quests designed to support player levels 60 - 65.
    • Three 3-person instances (Dungeons of Dol Guldur, Sword-hall of Dol Guldur, Warg-pens of Dol Guldur).
    • One full fellowship instance (Sammath Gul).
    • One 12-person raid (Barad Guldur).
    • Raise the rank cap on your skirmish soldier and skirmish traits to 25, allowing you to further train your soldier and increase its effectiveness in skirmishes!

Isengard
    Journey eastward toward the tower of Orthanc where an army of Isengard Orcs and Uruk-hai make ready for war.

• Over 375 quests designed to support player levels 65 - 75.
    • Three 3-person instances (Fangorn's Edge, Pits of Isengard, Dargnakh Unleashed).
    • One full fellowship instance (The Foundry).
    • One 12-person instance (The Tower of Orthanc).
    • One 12-person raid (Draigoch's Lair).
    • Raise the rank cap on your skirmish soldier and skirmish traits to 35, allowing you to further train your soldier and increase its effectiveness in skirmishes!

Rohan
    Ride into Combat atop your loyal War-steed as you defend the people of Rohan from the forces of Isengard and Mordor.

• Journey through hundreds of new quests designed to support players levels 75-85.
    • Explore landscape nearly three times as large as Moria!
    • Experience Mounted Combat!
    • Customize your War-steed’s armor and level its skills over time to aid you in mounted defense of King Théoden’s lands.
    • Receive an exclusive Rohirrim Mount and in-game Rohirrim title!
    • Witness the breaking of the Fellowship at Amon Hen; forge alliances with the Ents of Fangorn; and aid Éomer, nephew of Théoden, as he seeks to protect his homeland from the growing Shadow.

I am still quite unsure about this

all the expansions seem to benefit for a character 50+ ( I am still only lvl 12 )

What benefits/content will I be missing if I just buy the quad expansion + HD expansion?

will I be missing alot of stuff in between 1-50 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tremerus View Post
    I am still quite unsure about this

all the expansions seem to benefit for a character 50+ ( I am still only lvl 12 )

What benefits/content will I be missing if I just buy the quad expansion + HD expansion?

will I be missing alot of stuff in between 1-50 ?
    If you buy the quad pack then you can buy quest packs for some of the zones from 1-50 - check some of the wiki sites for ones that would suit. Levels 30-50 are the ones you need most according to an earlier post. Depending where you are you could also shop around for a retail of the original game (Shadows Of Angmar) - Amazon still has a few for around $10. I believe that will give you access to most, if not all, zones from 1-50 though someone else may wish to confirm.

id say yes, do VIP for 1 month, and make 3 more characters during that time (play them enough to get them to a vault keeper). There are, for me at least, a lot of little annoyances that VIP will fix - leaving you with the content issue. That should also let you figure out what zones you like enough to buy after that month of VIP runs out (you have ot cancel it - otherwise it is recurring billing), and between pre-ordering HD, that month of VIP and TP earned from deeds you should be able to buy a good bit of content (esp if you level all 4 chars much - otherwise they are just good storage space which is still important)