We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Wargs!

Wargs!

Hi guys, have been now a little while in the moors and i get my a** kicked big time mostly by wargs... i can track them, but is there a way to target them when you track them? (yes, probably a dumb question) would make my life a lot better
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I assume you are a tasty (I mean valiant!) hunter in which case?

Once tracked we are still stealthed but you can see and select us as you would a normal mob (click/tab) as long as you have us in range. In general sensible wargs break stealth, hit march and move away from you before re-entering stealth to prevent you engaging combat (we want to start combat as it gives us the chance to actually win). You can try and outwit by moving into different (unsuspecting) positions but this takes practice and a degree of risk as multiple wargs on you generally means death.

In general wargs consider hunters to be an easy meal in the moors right now, it takes a good hunter to trouble even a rank 5/6 warg let alone a high ranker. However, a well played hunter is a nightmare for the unprepared wargie!

Mobility is the key basically, the worst hunters are the ones that know how to C/C effectively, hit like trucks on steroids and swerve around all over the place making positional damage harder to achieve.
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    Dapple - Rank 10 Warg

:P
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Hendos View Post
    Mobility is the key basically, the worst hunters are the ones that know how to C/C effectively, hit like trucks on steroids and swerve around all over the place making positional damage harder to achieve.
    ^This right here is good info if you are trying to avoid being Warg food.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    Hi guys, have been now a little while in the moors and i get my a** kicked big time mostly by wargs... i can track them, but is there a way to target them when you track them? (yes, probably a dumb question) would make my life a lot better
    Ah, noob hunters *drools*

Well Dapp said it. On my hunter I don't trait heightened senses, it's a waste of a slot. I think last time I ever tracked a warg it was Dapple, sunbathing on a rock outside GV after killing me twice. Yep.

The hunters that can stand up to wargs and other creeps are those that know how to move and know how to use their opponents weaknesses against them. Getting better at your class takes some practice (said one noob hunter to another), I think you should rather focus on that (and gear/mitigations/audacity) instead of spamtrackannoying everyone Hunters are perceived as a weak class, but that's because they cannot spam heal / use speedyboots / some other lame CD to make up for lack of skill. That's what I like so much about it! It almost feels like trolling when I beat a R12 warg or reaver in a 1v1 on the map with my "valiant" R5 8500hp hunter. So much fun
    Incident

Don't forget that the warg can see when he is tracked. Use your tracks wisely with good timing.
    Lots of mindless tracking only draw lots of attention towards you and as a hunter you don't really want warg packs to jump you all the time. I still recommend to trait "heightened sence" for situational awareness but few know what that is these days. Most people only know zerg.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!