We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Advanced end-game housing

Let me be blunt: we need an improved housing system and MOAR neighborhoods!

Back in SOA housing was a nice new addition, a roleplaying hub and a money sink which contributed in keeping the economy in check. That's not the case nowadays. Spending 150 silver for maintenance is no big deal (it's really nothing at high levels) and neighborhoods are desert. Turbine really needs to pump life into this area of the game.

New regions offer new potential for more expensive neighborhoods (maybe after you complete the appropriate book?). The following ideas have arised now and then in the forums:

Moria neighborhood (Dwarves) Lothlorien neighborhood (Elves) Gladden Fields neighborhood (Hobbits) Rohan neighborhood (Men)

Dwarves are especially disadvantaged, we only have Thorin's gate as a proper city for roleplaying purposes, currently Moria is just about expedition settlements. I admit some options are lore-bending ( Dwarves settled Moria only several years after the War of the Ring and there were no Hobbits beyond the Misty mountains), then again so are giant bugs and dunlending (heart) rohirrim romances, etc, etc, etc .....

Turbine, new neighborhoods could generate a huge revenue in your f2p model, and make a lot of roleplayers happy by adding variety, think about it.

I couldn't agree more, as far as improving housing goes, I've been "preaching" this for a year now, I feel like it would greatly improve RP. I don't know about moving the housing though as it would kind of run up against accuracy, but I would like to to see new housing settlements added to the old ones, maybe build a new housing settlement in Rohan, Moria, Lorien and maybe a Hobbit housing area in that village above the shire quest pack, I forgot the name of the village. I think something that would also make things more interesting would be to make shops and taverns in these settlements that players could buy and sell stuff from, it would be really cool if you could buy a tavern and sell you brew there, or a blacksmith shop and sell swords.

I don't know what work would go into it, but I would assume that it would be rather simple to set up a mechanic where you open up a shop interface, drop an item into a slot and add a price to it, then when someone walks into your shop they can check out your wares and either buy it, or place a bid much like the auction house except it would only be selling the stuff that you sell in your shop. I know that this would have either a good or bad effect on the economy, but the economy is broken already so there's not much to fear there. This would be awesome as dedicated crafters could set up a shop, maybe a crafting kin could all go together and make one big store. This would direct much more traffic to housing areas as that would be where the goods are. I realize that this is probably impossible, but I had to tell someone about my idea.

I mean, would you rather buy (or be subscribed) for something like Wildermore or expanded housing? I feel the majority would choose the latter

Quote Originally Posted by ValdrX View Post
    I mean, would you rather buy (or be subscribed) for something like Wildermore or expanded housing? I feel the majority would choose the latter
    I'd pay a small sum if Turbine would improve the housing system, and if it would attract more players.

Quote Originally Posted by ValdrX View Post
    Let me be blunt: we need an improved housing system and MOAR neighborhoods!

Back in SOA housing was a nice new addition, a roleplaying hub and a money sink which contributed in keeping the economy in check. That's not the case nowadays. Spending 150 silver for maintenance is no big deal (it's really nothing at high levels) and neighborhoods are desert. Turbine really needs to pump life into this area of the game.

New regions offer new potential for more expensive neighborhoods (maybe after you complete the appropriate book?). The following ideas have arised now and then in the forums:

Moria neighborhood (Dwarves) Lothlorien neighborhood (Elves) Gladden Fields neighborhood (Hobbits) Rohan neighborhood (Men)

Dwarves are especially disadvantaged, we only have Thorin's gate as a proper city for roleplaying purposes, currently Moria is just about expedition settlements. I admit some options are lore-bending ( Dwarves settled Moria only several years after the War of the Ring and there were no Hobbits beyond the Misty mountains), then again so are giant bugs and dunlending (heart) rohirrim romances, etc, etc, etc .....

Turbine, new neighborhoods could generate a huge revenue in your f2p model, and make a lot of roleplayers happy by adding variety, think about it.
    There has been a long time (read couple of years) running discussion in my Kin about this very topic. Lorien and Rohan themed housing items are already in game...all we lack are the appropriate places to put them. I fully agree with this sentiment. I would also hazard to humbly add/request the opening of up housing ownership to per character instead of per account, as well as the elimination of decorating hooks to let homeowners put what they like where they like. This does *not* mean the ability to add infinite chests, it simply means letting us use all those items we've won through quests, etc that currently gather dust in our banks.

Housing

I would love to see the housing revamp tied to the winter festival with a bunch of quests for housing items

I would be delighted if we could get more than one house per account! I love my elven home (though I would throw it over in a second for one in Lothlorien!), but my hobbit and woman from Rohan don't feel as comfortable there! : > And as for my dwarf....